10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone

Zaodon

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How? They can just quit too. People are only penalizing themselves by being too stubborn to do what is in their best interest.

So by this logic after some initial evaluation one side should all /quit while the other gets the free win.

Rinse/repeat until everyone gets their wins?

There'd be NO game. Just queues of people quitting.

I'm so tired of people trying to justify this quitter's mentality.

Nobody cares what your reasons are for being a fool.

Nobody cares about your dailies

Nobody cares if you think quitting a game keeps people who are already AFK in said game will not get credit. They will definitely get credit ... but you won't because you left

Nobody cares if you think that you can judge talent based on 1 warzone performance while you're the one giving up before it is even over.

Nobody cares if you're bugged. The game is less than 3 months old and has glitches. Go figure

Nobody cares if you think the other team is hacking or exploiting. Report them using the in-game system while you're there and can take screenshots and make videos and get their names and whatever. Leaving doesn't help this issue.

Nobody cares if you quit just because somebody else quit.

Nobody cares if your PvE guild is calling you. Why signup for a 15minute warzone knowing your guild is preparing for a Raid/Operation? and why cant they just wait?

Nobody cares what reasons you have for leaving.

All of the above is patently false. I can prove this with the following sentence:

- read this forum and see how many "quitters need a debuff" threads there are. Obviously, everyone cares.

I have even more proof: you replied to my thread, therefore YOU CARE.

Logic fail.

/end pwnage

So by this logic after some initial evaluation one side should all /quit while the other gets the free win.

Yeah why even play. Just do a gearscore average, decide a winner, and move on to the next queued game.

All of the above is patently false. I can prove this with the following sentence:

- read this forum and see how many "quitters need a debuff" threads there are. Obviously, everyone cares.

Logic fail.

/end pwnage

Bioware reads the forums and tries to appease us as best they can. They make a solid attempt to give us what we really want by tweaking the game to our liking.

I made a reply to your thread because I see a lot of kids crying about this deserter debuff possibly being implemented. You're worried that you actually have to sit back and lose with the rest of us. You are scared and you're making excuses.

Bioware reads the forums and tries to appease us as best they can. They make a solid attempt to give us what we really want by tweaking the game to our liking.

I made a reply to your thread because I see a lot of kids crying about this deserter debuff possibly being implemented. You're worried that you actually have to sit back and lose with the rest of us. You are scared and you're making excuses.

Who ever said I constantly quit/requeue? I just created a thread about some GREAT reasons to quit a warzone. It was you Nancy's that whine about needing a penalty.

There is already a penalty. You don't get a completion.

And again, if you missed it the first 3 times I said it, you CANNOT immediately re-queue, because you'll just end up in the WZ you just quit out of. You already have to wait before re-queuing.

Maybe you shouldn't PvP? It seems to make you emotional.

I hope you get stuck in an eternal loop of 1 and 2, quitter.

1. You realise you are in fact part of the team that stinks and leave the WZ leaving your team mates at even more of a disadvantage than they were.

2. You rejoin a WZ where your team is losing because some douchbag quit on them.

This!!

Logic fail.

/end pwnage

never play anouther multiplayer game again in your life

Who ever said I constantly quit/requeue? I just created a thread about some GREAT reasons to quit a warzone. It was you Nancy's that whine about needing a penalty.

There is already a penalty. You don't get a completion.

And again, if you missed it the first 3 times I said it, you CANNOT immediately re-queue, because you'll just end up in the WZ you just quit out of. You already have to wait before re-queuing.

Maybe you shouldn't PvP? It seems to make you emotional.

I am saying you constantly quit/requeue because you are here trying to give Bioware a good reason not to implement a deserter debuff. You're making stuff up hoping it justifies you leaving the warzone.

You not getting a completion is your own fault for quitting. Common sense kid ... common sense.

You can immediately requeue and join another warzone. Perhaps you're playing at off hours or you are on a severely low populated server. Or maybe you just make this up. Wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe you shouldn't post on the forums. It seems to make you emotional.

/pwnage off

Edited by DrIzzt-DoUrden

** 10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone **

7. Your client is bugged forcing a restart (gfx glitch, lost mouse pointer, auto-run is on and you can't turn it off, etc.)

Really want to chime in here as I 'may' be able to help 'some' people suffering these occurrences. I used to have my auto-run and turn / strafe keys bound with the shift key (e.g. shift-w, shift-a) and noticed that I would ALWAYS get stuck in autorun (or auto-turn-on-the-spot). If you let go of everything and press the key bind again, it used to stop said auto run, and said auto-turn-on-the-spot.

Since this would happen whenever it gosh darned wanted to (starting PVP and looking like a nonse going all about the shop), I rebound my movement keys to not use the shift-key, and lo' and behold, not a single instance of being stuck in auto run (or auto-turn-on-the-spot).

Also, my only ever reason for having left a WZ is 3 of my team were level 10, and didn't have an AC. Part of me was very interested to see what'd happen, but I was stretched for time and it was supposed to be my 'last (good) game of the night'.

I am saying you constantly quit/requeue because you are here trying to give Bioware a good reason not to implement a deserter debuff. You're making stuff up hoping it justifies you leaving the warzone.

You not getting a completion is your own fault for quitting. Common sense kid ... common sense.

You can immediately requeue and join another warzone. Perhaps you're playing at off hours or you are on a severely low populated server. Or maybe you just make this up. Wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe you shouldn't post on the forums. It seems to make you emotional.

1. Again, what evidence do you have that I "constantly quit/requeue" ? There is none. I complete almost all (but not all) WZs I enter, because most games are competitive and fun, and none of the 10 reasons I list in the OP apply.

2. There is no way to apply a debuff penalty. It can be immediately avoided by simply alt-f4, since game disconnects would never be coded by bioware to give the debuff.

3. Even if, somehow, you got a debuff penalty from alt-f4, ppl would just afk to make the game naturally end quicker. An AFK on your team is approximately 10000000 times worse than having someone quit and someone else who wants to play take their spot.

Once again, LOGIC FAIL.

** 10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone **

1. You're trying to complete your dailies, and quickly assess that your team stinks.

2. You join a match in progress, and are a replacement on the team from #1.

3. You notice several AFKers in your match and do not want them to get credit.

4. Your guild is beginning a FP/Op you want to be in on.

5. You're a "young adult" (aka kid) and your parent(s) order you off the computer.

6. You're an "adult" and you get spouse agro.

7. Your client is bugged forcing a restart (gfx glitch, lost mouse pointer, auto-run is on and you can't turn it off, etc.)

8. The exit door bugs, trapping you in the spawn area, and you don't want to end up on Fleet due to Deserter debuff, so you leave and end up on your planet of origin.

9. The other team exploits in some way (actual hack, or just the >8 exploit, etc.)

10. Because you feel like it.

I know there are many more great reasons to leave a warzone, so feel free to post your own!

So many off topic posts. These people should be forum banned. He didn't solicate ur feedback on why quitting is bad.

Ur Kid unplugged computer.

Ur queued with that DB you cannot stand and refuse to play with or help get his wz wins.

Ur playing with the east/west left/right argue guy/gals.

Ur raging and cannot take ur class being so god awful.

Ur plaing alderaan and people dont realize left/right = greater than mid. (instant speeder to prevent cap)

Ur playing voidstar as attacker and don't cap 1st door by 3min left and need daily.

Ur playing huttball and don't have sages.

Ur playing any wz and realize crap no healers.

Ur fleet passing through.

Ur just feeling douche today and want to make everyone else miserable.

1. Again, what evidence do you have that I "constantly quit/requeue" ? There is none. I complete almost all (but not all) WZs I enter, because most games are competitive and fun, and none of the 10 reasons I list in the OP apply.

2. There is no way to apply a debuff penalty. It can be immediately avoided by simply alt-f4, since game disconnects would never be coded by bioware to give the debuff.

3. Even if, somehow, you got a debuff penalty from alt-f4, ppl would just afk to make the game naturally end quicker. An AFK on your team is approximately 10000000 times worse than having someone quit and someone else who wants to play take their spot.

Once again, LOGIC FAIL.

Anyone trying to justify quitting a warzone is logic fail. If you have real life things to attend to then just alt+f4 as you say and you don't have to worry about a deserter debuff. And even if you do get the debuff it should be cooled down by the time you get back.

I am surprisingly going to agree with you on the AFK thing being approximately 10000000 tims worse than having someone quit. However if I see someone AFK in my warzone I usually just report them for this behavior. I don't know if Bioware actually ever does anything about this but they always send me emails telling me they're investigating the matter.

The fact that you enraged and try to discount every thing I say because I am trying to convince you a deserter debuff is needed makes me suspect you quit warzones quite frequently for none of the 10 reasons you listed. Because as I said before a little 30 minute deserter debuff is going to be long gone by the time you get back.

And if you're getting a deserter debuff just because you alt+f4'd or had to restart your game then maybe making a post about it on the swtor forums would add some extra incentive on Biowares part to fix the bug?

All you had to do was lurk the forums and see a dozen different posts from people screaming for a deserter debuff and that got your little brain thinking about what is a legitimate reason for quitting? I wonder if this would convince Bioware to stay away from anything even resembling a deserter debuff. That way you can keep joining/leaving/requeueing until you get a easy win.

You guys really, I mean, really are a clueless bunch.

Fact: if you're trying to complete your WZ daily, it is much faster to leave games until you get into winning games to complete it.

Fact: you leaving a game does not necessiraly means that your team lost.

Fact: WZs are currently not ranked and have a horrible MVP system on which people reward either the player with the highest heals (even though he might have been healing his only partner/guildie the whole game) or the highest DPS. Until we get rated WZs, your performance means absolute nothing to anyone else but yourself.

Fact: when I decide to stay for the full duration of WZs and lose 4-5 in a row, it is my choice to leave the 6th one if I know I'm going to lose. There is a limit to how much BS a person can take and the ragers that are getting on everybody's case for leaving games should try it themselves before they start pointing fingers at those who do.

Fact: almost everyone has at least quit a WZ for one reason or another. I don't see the people complaining about leavers and those demanding a deserter buff opening their mouths when it comes to their own individual experiences.

Final fact: when it comes to leavers in a WZ and the attitude towards them, the hypocrisy is at an all-time high.

Edited by lollermittens

Anyone trying to justify quitting a warzone is logic fail. If you have real life things to attend to then just alt+f4 as you say and you don't have to worry about a deserter debuff. And even if you do get the debuff it should be cooled down by the time you get back.

I am surprisingly going to agree with you on the AFK thing being approximately 10000000 tims worse than having someone quit. However if I see someone AFK in my warzone I usually just report them for this behavior. I don't know if Bioware actually ever does anything about this but they always send me emails telling me they're investigating the matter.

The fact that you enraged and try to discount every thing I say because I am trying to convince you a deserter debuff is needed makes me suspect you quit warzones quite frequently for none of the 10 reasons you listed. Because as I said before a little 30 minute deserter debuff is going to be long gone by the time you get back.

And if you're getting a deserter debuff just because you alt+f4'd or had to restart your game then maybe making a post about it on the swtor forums would add some extra incentive on Biowares part to fix the bug?

All you had to do was lurk the forums and see a dozen different posts from people screaming for a deserter debuff and that got your little brain thinking about what is a legitimate reason for quitting? I wonder if this would convince Bioware to stay away from anything even resembling a deserter debuff. That way you can keep joining/leaving/requeueing until you get a easy win.

Here is a radical idea.

How about you stop trying to tell other people how to enjoy their playtime which they paid for?

If they want to quit 100 WZs in a row and requeue, they can. It doesn't affect you, because, in your own words, someone else takes their place immediately (remember when you said that the quitter will always get a new warzone because their old one filled up? Yeah, I'm using that against you now.)

You seem to be under the delusion that the "Leave Warzone" button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen "accidentally fell into the code". I am willing to bet my whole account that the programmers put it there on purpose.

Here is a radical idea.

How about you stop trying to tell other people how to enjoy their playtime which they paid for?

How about you stop negatively affecting other's gameplay? This is against the TOS and repeated quitting should be a reportable and bannable offense.

You just don't get it. Warzones are a TEAM game. You have an obligation to the team when you hit ENTER WARZONE. You can choose not to, no one is forcing you. But when you do you're committing to 15 other HUMAN BEING PEOPLE to compete for 15 minutes tops.

I've never seen such selfish and chlidish arguments in any MMO ever. This would NEVER be acceptable in RL. You'd either be removed from those asked to play, or there'd be a physical altercation. Why? Because NO ONE wants to be on a team with a quitter.

False, there will be rare occasions where people get easy wins from a revolving door of opponents leaving the WZ, but the reality is that people have to stay in games to get wins and valor so the larger majority of WZs where the sides are more evenly balanced and devoid of exploits, there will be plenty of GAME being enjoyed by all.

all above is fine as long as they implement like a 15min cooldown

I like your idea here. This would keep people from not only leaving but actually to work with what they got. The people that I see doing the most QQ are the players with low valor that think they know it all and screw it up for everyone else. If they only followed directions or took the time to be open minded to learning.

Here is a radical idea.

If they want to quit 100 WZs in a row and requeue, they can. It doesn't affect you, because, in your own words, someone else takes their place immediately (remember when you said that the quitter will always get a new warzone because their old one filled up? Yeah, I'm using that against you now.)

You seem to be under the delusion that the "Leave Warzone" button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen "accidentally fell into the code". I am willing to bet my whole account that the programmers put it there on purpose.

Zaodon:"And again, if you missed it the first 3 times I said it, you CANNOT immediately re-queue, because you'll just end up in the WZ you just quit out of. You already have to wait before re-queuing."

Drizzt:"You can immediately requeue and join another warzone. Perhaps you're playing at off hours or you are on a severely low populated server. Or maybe you just make this up. Wouldn't be the first time."

This clearly is being misunderstood by you Zaodon so let me clarify what I meant.

You are trying to say that you cannot quit a warzone and requeue because you'll be instantly placed right back into the very warzone you just left.

While this may be true in some very rare cases it has never once ever for any reason ever happened to me.

You either misunderstood me or are again just making stuff up. I play on The Fatman server. We do a lot of PvP there and Warzones pop quite often.

Zaodon:"(remember when you said that the quitter will always get a new warzone because their old one filled up? Yeah, I'm using that against you now.)" I never said anything about the old one filling up.

Try not to take anything anybody says out of context and hopefully it wont backfire. By the way, Adding stuff to what people said not 30 minutes ago does not make it true. They will simply click click copy/paste and make you look like the idiot you truly are.

Your whole theory is logic fail at its very best. I've said this before and I'll say again. The things you mentioned in your first post when u created this thread while they may not warrant a deserter debuff it really doesn't matter because the cooldown won't be long enough to interrupt gameplay if for example you get spouse aggro or guild aggro etc etc ...

You're simply making stuff up in your whole thread trying to give Bioware a reason NOT to implement a deserter debuff because YOU are afraid to see a warzone through from beginning to end just because it LOOKS like you might lose.

You're a selfish brat and need to think about this every time you sign up for a warzone "if you do not have 15 minutes to dedicate to this warzone then why sign up at all?"

P.S the only reason I'm concerned with idiots who pay the same $15 a month as I do leaving warzones is because all 8 of us signed up for that warzone. 7 of us intended on seeing it through from beginning to end. 1 of us decided to leave because hes a selfish douche. Do the math ... why should 7 people all paying the same $15 a month suffer because of 1 selfish douche.

All legitimate reasons which is why leaving WZs should not be punished or you'll just end up with more AFKers who don't want to play the WZ through.

These people will be noticed and reported and Bioware will hopefully tend to the needs of its subscribers. Time will only tell. We are not there yet ... we need a deserter debuff in place before we can accurate judge how it will affect everyone.

Of course we could guess how it would but that doesn't make it true until it actually happens.

But again ... just use the in game report system and give Bioware the dudes name and let them know the douche is going AFK in a warzone and reaping the benefits.

These are not great reasons and will get you labeled as a DBag among other players.

1. You're trying to complete your dailies, and quickly assess that your team stinks.

So what! That is the risk you took. If your team stinks then either you are not helping or you should take control and lead. Don't be a little b***h and leave. Others are doing dailies too, so just tough it out.

2. You join a match in progress, and are a replacement on the team from #1.

No, even if you are a scrub, get in the mix and maybe you can make a comeback.

3. You notice several AFKers in your match and do not want them to get credit.

You won't win anyways, so just play it out and get your valor.

4. Your guild is beginning a FP/Op you want to be in on.

Then ask your guild to wait so you can finish, otherwise you should not Q for a WZ if you know your guild is forming a group.

5. You're a "young adult" (aka kid) and your parent(s) order you off the computer.

Fine, just say so in chat that you have a Real Life issue.

6. You're an "adult" and you get spouse agro.

Again, it should just take a sec to say in chat, "Sorry guys, gotta go - wife agro".

If you can, just say in chat, "pc glitch - gotta restart".

8. The exit door bugs, trapping you in the spawn area, and you don't want to end up on Fleet due to Deserter debuff, so you leave and end up on your planet of origin.

Or do a bug report. Again say so in chat.

9. The other team exploits in some way (actual hack, or just the >8 exploit, etc.)

Hit ( \ ) and send a message to Customer Service of the exploit.

10. Because you feel like it.

Do what you feel like--number one excuse among losers!

Stop acting like selfish spoiled brats. The bottom line is we are all in the same boat no matter what team your on. This is a social game so use chat and let others know what the deal is. A little maturity would do us all some good.

Edited by McNastyTN

How about you stop negatively affecting other's gameplay? This is against the TOS and repeated quitting should be a reportable and bannable offense.

You just don't get it. Warzones are a TEAM game. You have an obligation to the team when you hit ENTER WARZONE. You can choose not to, no one is forcing you. But when you do you're committing to 15 other HUMAN BEING PEOPLE to compete for 15 minutes tops.

I've never seen such selfish and chlidish arguments in any MMO ever. This would NEVER be acceptable in RL. You'd either be removed from those asked to play, or there'd be a physical altercation. Why? Because NO ONE wants to be on a team with a quitter.

False on all accounts, and how many MMOs have you played?

In RL, I get to pick my team and even my league. I don't play with scrubs, unless I really like their personality and so I am ok dealing with their badness. I don't join the Super competitive league if I am an average player, and I don't choose the beginner's league if I am a strong player. I have choice in my situation, so I don't need to quit. In SWTOR, I don't have this level of choice, so if I get in a WZ with a bunch of new 50s who don't even have the decency to get Artifact 50 mods from easymode daily missions, I'm not going to stick around when I see we're going against a premade Champion/Battlemaster geared group.

Also, in RL, when people cheat, they get penalized (fouls called as you may be more familiar). In SWTOR, not so much.