My beautiful blonde girlfriend is ready to pvp!

Denman

Hey guys thought id swing by and get some professional tips on a marauder wanting to start pvp. My girlfriend is level 50 and I'm not so sure what would be the best pvp spec for her. I haven't played her class much and I think it looks kind of confusing. So I need help wth a build that is fairly easy to understand. Keeping in mind she is newer to the mmo scene, but I will be helping her along.

Also I need a decent understanding of a rotation, or a forum post on that. As well as stat priority for pvp.

Once again thank you very much for any help you can provide.

So she is a new mmo player.... playing the hardest AC of this MMO? And she is beautiful AND blonde?

Reroll sorc imo...

Marauder will make her break her nails. :(

But... if she is one of a kind:

I'd go with Carnage spec to start with. It's straight foward: hit button to build rage, hit button to drop rage, hit force scream when the buff is up. Don't panic and drop the keyboard, yelling histerically when an operative jumps on her. And don't try to cook and pvp at the same time.

^^"

So she is a new mmo player.... playing the hardest AC of this MMO? And she is beautiful AND blonde?

Reroll sorc imo...

I'd go with Carnage spec to start with. It's straight foward: hit button to build rage, hit button to drop rage, hit force scream when the buff is up. Don't panic and drop the keyboard, yelling histerically when an operative jumps on her. And don't try to cook and pvp at the same time.

^^"

Lol thats the exact thing I told her. She likes charging in and beating the ***** out of stuff. Ill def look at carnage tho.

Edited by Denman

Stat priority Expertise > Endurance > *.

If she has any proficiency have her go Annihilation so she dies less fast.

The most important advice from a strategic perspective is to prepare yourself to comfort her. Your gf PvPing for the first time on a Marauder is both a risk and an opportunity for you.

Also, whatever class you are, figure out how you want to support her play.

What class are you playing, btw?

Edited by EasymodeX

Im a sith assassin 31/0/10 our tank spec. Running 18k health and 540 expertise. So yes I can guard her, which yesterday I kited a deception assassin ans jugg while she nipped their heels away.

Sounds about right. Maurader + guard = happy marauder.

I usually prefer to have a guard on me than a healer, at least I can predict the damage I take and it makes annih tics more effective. While a healer can suddenly be interrupted or stop healing for whatever reason they think it's more important than keeping me alive!! Damn healers...

oh.. okay back to the post.

Yeah, start off with carnage, then go rage when she learns to count buff stacks and unload massive damage. Then finally go Annih when she gets better. After that, she can switch to any other and still do fine, or stay as Annih.

Many people will say that one spec is better than the other on pvp. I respectfully disagree, because it's just assumption based and suported by self experiences only. Each spec has a different playstyle, you will be more effective with the spec that suits your playstyle better. Personally, I didn't get along with Rage, doesn't mean it's the worse maurader spec, but it is the worse spec for -me-. I am more effective as carnage or annih more than I will ever be as rage. Experience may varry from player to player, so guide her until she learns which specs she feels that flows better.

Edited by Kyonne

she better be pro and fast to be able not to die 24/7 with marauder ;) Keybindings is a must !

I dropped my juggernaut and rerolled a marauder lvl 25 atm you have to do alot more of work before you can do some real damage , but i like it that's why i rerolled :D

Carnage still looks to me like it would be easiest.

Rage looks like it has a lot of snares but requires a lot of concentration

Anhil looks like a big dot build to me

Probably gonna keep her carnage for now, maybe rage i'm gonna see what she thinks.

If she's brand new to the MMO scene and is playing a Marauder as her first character have her go Rage.

Rage has the most passive survivability out of all 3 specs and will be a good stepping stone to further enhance her skill as a player.

Crush -> Charge/Obliterate -> Smash.

It's pretty much as easy as that. My guide should help her a bit more.

If she's brand new to the MMO scene and is playing a Marauder as her first character have her go Rage.

Rage has the most passive survivability out of all 3 specs and will be a good stepping stone to further enhance her skill as a player.

Crush -> Charge/Obliterate -> Smash.

It's pretty much as easy as that. My guide should help her a bit more.

I'll be sure to read through it and I'll also direct her to do the same thanks :D

Carnage still looks to me like it would be easiest.

Rage looks like it has a lot of snares but requires a lot of concentration

Anhil looks like a big dot build to me

Probably gonna keep her carnage for now, maybe rage i'm gonna see what she thinks.

I've been Carnage since day 1. (played around with the other builds a little once I hit 50, did some hybrid experimentation) I love the way it flows, but I definitely think that Rage would be easier to pick up. Carnage is situational. She's going to have to learn how not to telegraph the Fus Ro Dah. She's also going to have to learn how to get away, when to and not to pop defensives. When it's acceptable to camo-run in, and when it's better to charge. When to time the Berserk + Massacre Spam. There's more to Carnage than just the Fus Ro Dah combo.

What server are you guys on, out of curiosity? *crosses fingers and hopes for Vornskr*

Reroll sorc imo...

^^"

lolololol at this whole post here...

Oh and IMO reroll tracer missile.

was the "beautiful blonde" part really necessary?

Probably not, but after playing MMO's the last 12 years people tend to jump for joy at the idea of helping females in video games. As I have no real understanding of the class I didn't see it not helping :p

I like the idea her having more sustainability as rage.

Probably not, but after playing MMO's the last 12 years people tend to jump for joy at the idea of helping females in video games. As I have no real understanding of the class I didn't see it not helping :p

I like the idea her having more sustainability as rage.

Rage and Carnage are equally as mobile. Just in different ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xDreegan

Buy her a Razer Naga for Valentine's Day. You'll get laid and she'll have an easier time stomping face

Get her a Black Widow Razer keyboard as well and you'll have two new pillows to sleep on.

Lol nice suggestions