Done With SWTOR PvP: Absolutely Sick Of It.

McVade

pretty sure ur wrong about resolve. here read this, its a sticky in the pvp forum, dont know how you missed it

i think its usually like 2 CC's, not 3-4 to fill the bar, and ur immune for around 8 seconds, not 18-20. facts are fun. try them?

Definitely not true I was CC'd 4x today before it filled (I had popped in the past 2 minutes vs the sorc zerg). When it finally ended they didn't need CC to kill me just focused me down because the rest were dead. Oh and as a Sent a root or slow might as well be a mez/stun due to it's impact on me.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't go into a huge thing here on why I've come to this point.

"I'm going to quit i'll make sure everyone knows how i feel about it!"1!!1!1"

>I won't go into a huge thing here on why i've come to this point

>posts half a book worth on why.

Can't people that quit just.... quit without giving us their life story.

"I'm going to quit i'll make sure everyone knows how i feel about it!"1!!1!1"

>I won't go into a huge thing here on why i've come to this point

>posts half a book worth on why.

Can't people that quit just.... quit without giving us their life story.

The only thing relevant to my actual life in my tell-all-novel was my manboobs... though I'll give you, they tell a hell of a story if you let them.

Premade vs. Pugs.

CC.

Resolve:

Ilum:

Bag System/Random Loot.

#1 Premade vs. Pugs

What about 2 man teams? Should they be in the solo queue or the premade queue? Or should they get their own? (What about 3 man?)

Also, as people mentioned, the underpopulated side will always play with organized groups - even when a solo queue is implemented.

"3...2...1...join!" and when the queue pops you see how many of your group got an invite. If you're satisfied with the amount of players you join. If not, nobody joins and one player constantly requeues to check if he has an instant invite (aka the old warzone) or if he has a waiting time. As soon as he has a waiting time the old warzone is full and (ignoring leavers) everyone from your group will land in the same warzone.

Overall - talk to the players. Yesterday I queued with a scoundrel friend and we met this premade (same faction) in Huttball which rolled us. But we did our best and managed to score 1 goal. After that we talked a bit while waiting for the next warzone and the premade guys were pretty nice.

Guess who I met today when solo queuing? Yep, one of their healers also solo queing. We /waved said "Hi" and after the warzone I asked if we should queue together. Ended up doing some warzones together as a 2 man team.

Sure you might not get a premade 4 BM player group this way. But you will have someone to laugh, to QQ and to rage with.

#2 CC

#3 Resolve

I kinda agree with you here. The system definitely needs some tuning (roots for melee classes not being affected by resolve), or a short amount (1.5sec?) of CC immunity when using the CC breaker. Or that if you die during the CC which put your resolve at 100% (and it starts working after the stun wears off) that you dont get to 0 resolve but keep some of it after death.

Also rework the amount of resolve each abilitiy gives.

I actually like snares not being on resolve, so I (guardian) can spam slows without having to worry about them affecting the resolve bar.

#4 Ilum

I dont do Ilum. No daily. No fun.

So I agree? ;P

#5 Bag / Reward system

I dont really care. It's less random so probably better?

OP, you summed up all my biggest problems with this game and those that frustrates me the most!

Bioware please read and adapt, only way you are keeping me as a subscriber. I still play with guild for fun, but all this rage I get against this game is not good for one's health.

Have to add

*Targetting System*

It is just a big fail all together... Need some smarter implementation or something please!

Signed

Edited by Guffyp

I am so sick of the Guild Wars 2 people coming in here to make publicity of their unreleased game. They are also a pest in the game sites web page forums.

Yeah I have to agree. I'm tired of hearing about GW2. What's funny about it is these same people are building up their expectations for GW2 just like they did wit SWTOR and when it fails to live up to those ideas (which it will) they will be making these same "I quit" posts on the GW forum. lololol

Yeah I have to agree. I'm tired of hearing about GW2. What's funny about it is these same people are building up their expectations for GW2 just like they did wit SWTOR and when it fails to live up to those ideas (which it will) they will be making these same "I quit" posts on the GW forum. lololol

I'm pretty sure you didn't read past his first two lines.

If you did, you would have at least one concern agreed with op. Can't fathom you think pvp in SWTOR is awesome and doesn't need to be improved whatsoever....

lololol

Well goodbye, at least until your next "I quit" thread in a few days. rofl

When that starts seeming like a good idea, it's time to slowly back away and give Operations a try.

Wait, did I made an "I quit" thread? Where'd it go?

OKAY, who's hiding the "I quit" thread that I made. Fess up now, or the beatings will continue.

Edited by McVade

I'm pretty sure you didn't read past his first two lines.

If you did, you would have at least one concern agreed with op. Can't fathom you think pvp in SWTOR is awesome and doesn't need to be improved whatsoever....

lololol

No I didn't bother reading past that because if you have read one "I quit" post, you have seriously read them all. Nothing new to see here, just the same crap over and over. Here is a clue for people like the op: NO ONE CARES THAT YOU ARE QUITTING. ;) Seriously, get over yourselves. Some of you must really think we care about you since you seem to feel the need to tell us you're quitting a hundred times. lulz

And fyi, I never said pvp was perfect. But i'm realistic. As I have said a thousand times, most games are barely playable at launch so SWTOR is doing okay for now.

No I didn't bother reading past that because if you have read one "I quit" post, you have seriously read them all. Nothing new to see here, just the same crap over and over. Here is a clue for people like the op: NO ONE CARES THAT YOU ARE QUITTING. ;) Seriously, get over yourselves. Some of you must really think we care about you since you seem to feel the need to tell us you're quitting a hundred times. lulz

And fyi, I never said pvp was perfect. But i'm realistic. As I have said a thousand times, most games are barely playable at launch so SWTOR is doing okay for now.

Man, not a good day for me. Not only did I lose an "I Quit" thread, but I seem to have forgotten telling you, my personal friend eklipzze from the Internet, that I've quit not once... not twice... but a hundred times!

My god. Who are you? Who am *I*? What year is it? Am I a tomato?

Man, not a good day for me. Not only did I lose an "I Quit" thread, but I seem to have forgotten telling you, my personal friend eklipzze from the Internet, that I've quit not once... not twice... but a hundred times!

My god. Who are you? Who am *I*? What year is it? Am I a tomato?

Oh you will post it again. They always do.

Attention? ;)

But I can just bump it for that.

Like this.

/Bump.

Now I have more attention. Besides, this thread is now like 20 pages long. Why would I start a new one? Bigger is always better. That's what my girlfriend told me. Okay, maybe it was my therapist instead. Or a sheep.

In any event, EA pushed this out too soon, and even if they did not, the focus was obviously not on pvp, we would jsut have more voice overs on lowbie quests.

No amount of time was going to make a design based on flawed principles (pvp 4 epiixxx!) good.

My only point of dissension is this right here. You understand that the resolve system is nothing more than UI right? It's just the visibility of your diminishing returns from CC. That in and of itself is genius, and really the only reason you can criticize it, is because it's so visible. Otherwise, you'd be sitting there like in every other MMO wondering why your stun didn't land, or why it took you so long to break free from that root.

I agree that the dminishing returns system needs tweaking. Force Leap, Sever Force, and other abilities SHOULD NOT work through immunity. But other than that it's working as intended and actually allows players another level of depth due to the visibility of the mechanics. Now you can plan your CC's, or CC break accordingly. Most of your points in this section though are just rehashes of the points you made in the CC section.

Holy ****, nobody cares about your level 25, level 1's or your other non 50's. :rolleyes:

About the permades im going to say bw will fix it but as a guess atm it would be pointless all you would do is increase the queue times for everyone. Yes the are ways around it but still the time would go up. Edited by vobra