The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why did you choose vanguard instead or powertech?

Finrok

Because the guild went Republic.

But having both a PT and Vanguard, while playing the Vanguard, I tend to bite into my desk.

How the heck could BW screw up the animation on the Vanguard so badly. The PT plays way smoother in almost every regard.

Jennifer Hale.

Good memories from Mass Effect 2 vanguard play.

Republic.

I also enjoy picking classes that do not feel stereotypical, as a trooper I have a pretty level playing field instead of trying to avoid becoming a Han Solo/Skywalker/Boba Fett/Darth-clone.

I didn't, I played Powertech to 50, absolutely loved the class, had no desire to join you guys on Republic side.

But then all my friends rerolled Republic so I didn't have a choice, and since PT was so amazing I went with Vanguard over here.

It does make me sad because PT animations are much smoother than Vanguard, especially DfA compared to Mortar Volley, every time I use the latter I die a little inside when I remember my PT. Although the one good thing it has over DfA is that I'm not flying above the crowd in PvP shouting, "Hey! Look at me, over here, kill me!"

Leveled Troopers with my roommate. He wanted to try Commando, so I chose Vanguard.

Mistake.

I'm not enjoying it. Tried all three specs, but they all felt clunky and weak.

wow you think vanguard is weak? other than sorc/sage, what is stronger?

(vanguard eats sorcs @ 50 too..)

Edited by ururururu

Any reason?

Because while leveing to 29 on my Powertech, 20% of my warzones pops (23 out of 115) were same-faction Huttball.

And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the endgame population balance was going to have issues.

We re-rolled Republic on another server for the faster queue pops and hope that we'd be the underdog in Ilum.

Republic, rifle instead of dinky pistol, not awkwardly holding your left arm out all the time, no swiss army left wrist (swiss army rifle is much cooler), cooler armor, cooler ship, BH VA tries too hard, lightning > fire, even Stockstrike is better than the ridiculous Shoryuken...

Leveled Troopers with my roommate. He wanted to try Commando, so I chose Vanguard.

Mistake.

I'm not enjoying it. Tried all three specs, but they all felt clunky and weak.

Hope you find your classe, but regarding vanguard it is a power house u target any class and you kill them :D awsome hybrid melee/range with great survival class.