People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

Again, this from the poster who called me a liar because you couldn't help but add words that were not there. Then you imply I'm the one who needs reading comprehension?

LOL

Thank you Nangasaur, you're always good for a laugh.

I have never added words to a blocked quote.

Where are you getting that from?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic but... if they're implementing a quitting penalty, are they going to make my game quit crashing mid-warzone, or make it so if I rez just as the door closes I don't get kicked before it opens again? I'll sit through loss after loss, but if I start getting penalized for "quitting" for either of those two reasons I might foam at the mouth.

Leaving penalty on the following basis:

1) If I am loading in and the match has started gates must be open otherwise I sometimes time out on waiting for the gates

2) Fix the problem in Alderaan with the speeder bikes not spawning as I sometimes time out when that happens -- not as common as (1)

3) Do not load me into the lower player pit in Hutball when the match has started and see (1)

Better yet:

Put in an incentive for winning rather than a penalty due to 1 to 3. Or only have the penalty if you leave once you're in the warzone and it has started -- if it has started see (1) have the gates open for load-in new players replacing the quitters.

I have never quit a warzone. I have been booted on load particularly if I am on planet and not in Fleet. I've seen Alderaan and Hutball turn around from the losing side quite a few times when people make some effort. Quitting is dishonourable. Stick it out and fight to the end. The extra-demand on effort might just hone some skills.

One thing to keep in mind is that some people aren't quitting intentionally. Some are kicked out by the system during a zone transition. For example, I got a load screen just as we were entering the final phase of WZ match.. then I was back on the Imperial Fleet. No commendations, experience, valor or otherwise. It was as if that last 20 minutes never took place.

So, before accusing everybody (collectively speaking) of bailing, consider the possibility that they might not have had any control over their abrupt dismissal from the lineup. And, they're probably more upset about it than you are.

I'm sure there are many chicken shix out there that do exactly as described in the OP. But, don't collectively throw all the zone outs in to the same bucket.

If two people drop out when we are leading 4-0 in Huttball and 2 minutes are still to go, then it's clear that they are not doing it voluntarily because they dislike losing. When I get into a warzone that is already on and it's over with a victory before I even see an enemy then I doubt my precedessor quite in rage.

Crashes and disconnects happen. It's wrong to penalize people for that.

Bro, it's really not worth arguing with them about it at this point. It's been 87 pages of the same thing. The folks who are habitual quitters try to use, "buts and ifs" all day long.

You'll come to realize, as many of us have, that they care very little about other people in the game, particularly the warzones that they quit out of and handicap that team. But suddenly they put on a care face for people who have RL issues that cause them to drop out of a match for legitimate reasons. The designers realize this. Those of us who genuinely want fair and evenly matched PVP realize this. But the quitters don't see it.

Amen ^

None the less speak the truth no matter what, how I live my life. :)

I quit when I first get in sometimes because I don't want to play a certain WZ and because we have no idea what we're getting into when they start..

I'm okay if they implement a debuff of some kind but then they better have some type of way to choose which WZ we get in. Because leaving a WZ you don't like, and then a debuff to follow would blow.

I quit when I first get in sometimes because I don't want to play a certain WZ and because we have no idea what we're getting into when they start..

I'm okay if they implement a debuff of some kind but then they better have some type of way to choose which WZ we get in. Because leaving a WZ you don't like, and then a debuff to follow would blow.

The issue with that is if you are able to select specific WZ it would make it allot harder to find groups as it's server vs server. They are looking into making cross server which at that point you will be able to select specific WZ's but until then we are just gonna have to lump it and like it.

The issue with that is if you are able to select specific WZ it would make it allot harder to find groups as it's server vs server. They are looking into making cross server which at that point you will be able to select specific WZ's but until then we are just gonna have to lump it and like it.

Nonetheless, if I had enough of a certain WZ and it pops well, I'm getting out.

There is NO chance I'm going to do something I don't enjoy, while playing a videogame.

I mean huttball.

So, if the punishment is harsh enough to actually deter leaving, I'll simply go afk and do something else on my second pc.

Or maybe I'll just get the 3-4 fast medals and then go afk.

Enjoy your 7v8 (or 7vs12).

No matter how hard some e-knights try to sell their honor ********. I am not wasting my time with something I don't enjoy, just to appease some random scrote who thinks every other player is there to provide his entertainment.

Leaving warzone a before they actually start is ok, since there is no way to choose what warzone to que for.

Leaving a warzone after it's started is not acceptable. and it's getting worse. I see the same players doing it over and over again. Repeated leaving of warzone should be punished.

I would like to see a system where if a player leaves a warzone in progress three times in a row, or three times in an hour. Then they are locked out of queing for any more warzone for 24 hours.

I would also like to see devs...

Put an end to pre-mades against pugs.

Get rid of Huttball altogether.

To change the daily requirement from having to win 1 or 3 matches to having to participate in 3 or 9 matches, with a system that detects and punishes AFKers.

I am sick of the selfish attitude of others who que up for a TEAM game, then proceed to screw thier team over by quitting if things aren't quite perfect. Worthless tossers!

Leaving warzone a before they actually start is ok, since there is no way to choose what warzone to que for.

nope, its not, you cant choose specific cus that would eliminate other peoples chances of getting in one they desired as bioware said earlier, why cant you just que and play the one u get in, if someone hates huttball and thats whats going on at those hours cus too many one faction signing well... then play the blood wz or play another game if u dont like whats on ur plate

Patch 1.2, among many other PvP changes, will remove the reliance on daily quests for your gear progression (and therefore increasing the value of the commendations you get for playing a match to the end) and penalties for quitters.

Then please do something about disconnects. I cant finish half of my warzones due to dc :L. Give us a grace period to recconect or at least give us the reward we would get if the wz match ended at the time of disconnect

I have never added words to a blocked quote.

Where are you getting that from?

Hehe... Who said anything about blocked quote? You accused me of being a liar because you assumed I said WoW had battlegrounds from the beginning. You also decided I was talking about Battlemaster gear when I mentioned the "six hundred club." Then you claim I'm the one who needs reading comprehension?

Words matter in yellow posts especially when they get vetted before being posted. Don't add words that are not there too read. Have them clarify first. If they were willing to post in the first place with errors, then they should be willing to clarify... If it was actually an error that is.

Edited by SirRobin

There is NO chance I'm going to do something I don't enjoy, while playing a videogame.

I mean huttball.

So, if the punishment is harsh enough to actually deter leaving, I'll simply go afk and do something else on my second pc.

Or maybe I'll just get the 3-4 fast medals and then go afk.

Enjoy your 7v8 (or 7vs12).

No matter how hard some e-knights try to sell their honor ********. I am not wasting my time with something I don't enjoy, just to appease some random scrote who thinks every other player is there to provide his entertainment.

-nods-

This is going to be the effect that happens. People that want a penalty are on the right track, however, the goal is to get people not just to stay, but to fight when they stay. However, the penalty will only get people to stay. In fact, it will merely compound the problem as there will not be any replacements that might actually help turn things around. Sure there may be less people leaving, but that's not really the issue.

Okay, I won't AFK.

I'll just auto run at the enemy team myself or find some way to not help. Which is the same as being AFK.

See what i mean about people trying their hardest to do what they are not supposed to do?

i mean seriously you are looking for ways to do what you are not supposed to! congrats you just proved all the "buts" and "ifs" to make you look like a total a**hat.

nope, its not, you cant choose specific cus that would eliminate other peoples chances of getting in one they desired as bioware said earlier, why cant you just que and play the one u get in, if someone hates huttball and thats whats going on at those hours cus too many one faction signing well... then play the blood wz or play another game if u dont like whats on ur plate

If I am going to be forced to play a WZ that I despise "for the good of the many", then I better have a buff called 'I *********** HATE HUTTBALL' that gives me 110% the goodies because without that, I'm a non-starter. I will leave. Forcing me to play that abortion simply to make sure that someone else who enjoys it can is a violation of my $15. Give me free playtime - say a day free for every Huttball "match" I have to suffer through, and I'll consider it.

Otherwise - Huttball and I'm gone.

-nods-

This is going to be the effect that happens. People that want a penalty are on the right track, however, the goal is to get people not just to stay, but to fight when they stay. However, the penalty will only get people to stay. In fact, it will merely compound the problem as there will not be any replacements that might actually help turn things around. Sure there may be less people leaving, but that's not really the issue.

I doubt it's going to be as bad as some of the childish threats you're seeing on these forums.

It's called "ragequitter derangement syndrome". The people crying about the 1.2 penalty and saying they're going to afk are the same type that shows up in the forums kicking and screaming saying they are going to cancel their sub because of X or Y and never do.

Sure, we'll see some afkers out there come 1.2, but they will soon be recognized by the rest of the real pvpers as trash. Eventually we will probably see some form of useful report/kick afk tool that will work and we will all be better for it.

So I say let them throw their tantrums. All it means is BW will deal with their toddler rage sooner than later.

If I am going to be forced to play a WZ that I despise "for the good of the many", then I better have a buff called 'I *********** HATE HUTTBALL' that gives me 110% the goodies because without that, I'm a non-starter. I will leave. Forcing me to play that abortion simply to make sure that someone else who enjoys it can is a violation of my $15. Give me free playtime - say a day free for every Huttball "match" I have to suffer through, and I'll consider it.

Otherwise - Huttball and I'm gone.

yeah cause everyone in BW owes you something! how about play what you get or don't play at all and stop F****ing it for the rest of us?

that me me me attitude is for single player games.

I doubt it's going to be as bad as some of the childish threats you're seeing on these forums.

It's called "ragequitter derangement syndrome". The people crying about the 1.2 penalty and saying they're going to afk are the same type that shows up in the forums kicking and screaming saying they are going to cancel their sub because of X or Y and never do.

Sure, we'll see some afkers out there come 1.2, but they will soon be recognized by the rest of the real pvpers as trash. Eventually we will probably see some form of useful report/kick afk tool that will work and we will all be better for it.

So I say let them throw their tantrums. All it means is BW will deal with their toddler rage sooner than later.

it is a funny read though! especially those who are looking for ways around to doing the simple warzone! but but but i'll go afk...but but but i'll go and do nothing instead of afk'ing.

or the best one! I'M GOING TO CANCEL MY SUB!!!!

Tantrums or not, the issue will not make the situation better, and will not have the desire results people think that adding a penalty will. If people want to get others to participate in the warzone, adding a penalty is not the approach. If people just want to "punish" others, well then, it might work on some, but that's really an nonconstructive approach to solving a problem.

yeah cause everyone in BW owes you something! how about play what you get or don't play at all and stop F****ing it for the rest of us?

that me me me attitude is for single player games.

I am completely lost. do you feel some obligation towards me that you have heretofore kept to yourself? Because you are stating that, somehow, I owe you that.

I am not going to play Huttball. I feel no need to visit a dentist to get drilled daily - and that would presupposedly be for my own good - and I'm damned sure not going to do it in my "entertainment." If you want to watch the Olsen twins all day long, more power to you. As long as I don't have to, we're good.

want to play Huttball? Knock yourself out. I won't be there "polluting" the otherwise pristine pools you inhabit.

I am completely lost. do you feel some obligation towards me that you have heretofore kept to yourself? Because you are stating that, somehow, I owe you that.

I am not going to play Huttball. I feel no need to visit a dentist to get drilled daily - and that would presupposedly be for my own good - and I'm damned sure not going to do it in my "entertainment." If you want to watch the Olsen twins all day long, more power to you. As long as I don't have to, we're good.

want to play Huttball? Knock yourself out. I won't be there "polluting" the otherwise pristine pools you inhabit.

then quit huttball like you say you will and enjoy your penalty! ;)

ps. <this is where you threaten to cancel your sub>

Edited by DasWsup

Don't like people leaving, don't queue up yourself in the first place.

Until you pay all those leavers subs you can tell them how to play the game but until then, you have no control.

If the warzones weren't such a bag of crap in this game people wouldn't leave so quickly after starting to get face rolled.

Reasons I leave matches:

Huttball: Our team has 0 or 1 sorcerers, due to how classes are balanced to crap in this game, this pretty much means a loss, I leave

The opposing team scores within the first 2 minutes, this generally means my team is bad and we have no way of winning, I leave

Voidstar: Timer ticks to 0 and match starts, 3 or 4 of our team are still on stupid speeders (that serve **** all purpose) and get stuck behind the spawn door when they arrive, we are half a team for 30 seconds, Other team then plants both bombs, I leave

Civil war: Enemy team captures both side turrets and can quick travel to them faster than it takes to capture, they keep the entire team with DOT's on and the turrets are never being captured, I leave

-People play PVP to complete the dailies.

-Dailies are only completed by winning.

-Gear awarded from daily PVP bags can be harvested for mods/enhancements.

-Losing awards nothing.

You're a game designer and you wonder why people quit at the first sign of losing?

Who invented this garbage?

The brilliant pvp minds from WARHAMMER....

First thing bw needs to do is dump these idiots ... it would be a start lol.