The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

people keep throwing around this "community" like some kind of catch phrase without actually knowing what it means. Its just the cool thing to say as a response to any kind of mechanic they dont like. LFG tools dont destroy "communities" lack of things to do in the actual game world destroy "communities" You need to give people actual incentives to leave the fleet and actually go out into the world to accomplish things. This is one of the major changes WoW devs said they are implementing in MoP, getting people out of the cities and into the world.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people keep throwing around this "community" like some kind of catch phrase without actually knowing what it means. Its just the cool thing to say as a response to any kind of mechanic they dont like. LFG tools dont destroy "communities" lack of things to do in the actual game world destroy "communities" You need to give people actual incentives to leave the fleet and actually go out into the world to accomplish things. This is one of the major changes WoW devs said they are implementing in MoP, getting people out of the cities and into the world.
and how does that work? if anything people will sit in the fleet more with a x-server LFG tool.. it just makes the game more lazy.

I see people in fleet yelling for hammer station all the time and not finding a group.. well if they went to taris where they get the quest, I always see groups for hammer station.

yall are just pathetically lazy and you ruined the community with a x-server lfg.

oh well, enjoy playing a ruined game.. you have 11 months to get in all the flashpoints you want before the world ends.

Let me tell you what really ruins a game Jedimarvel.

And that is sitting on the fleet bored out of your mind for a couple of hours trying to put a group together. That's what really ruins the game.

Spamming "need a tank!" or "healer looking for group!" on general chat is not "socializing" JediMarvel. It's ADVERTISING, and I don't wanna feel like a damn comercial when I play a video game. And making players have to do this brings absolutely NOTHING of value to the game, and deffinitely doens't build communities. It just builds boredom and annoyance.

Like I said in my earlier post. Players will still be part of their guilds and will still be able to do flashpoints with their guilds. There is no harm what so ever being done to the so called "community" by allowing players to put together groups on a game when they would otherwise not be able to.

This is a good thing. Get behind it. YOu'll still have your guilds. And you will still be able to group with your friends.

Edited by JeremyDale

Let me tell you what really ruins a game Jedimarvel.

And that is sitting on the fleet bored out of your mind for a couple of hours trying to put a group together. That's what really ruins the game.

Spamming "need a tank!" or "healer looking for group!" on general chat is not "socializing" JediMarvel. It's ADVERTISING, and I don't wanna feel like a damn comercial when I play a video game. And making players have to do this brings absolutely NOTHING of value to the game, and deffinitely doens't build communities. It just builds boredom and annoyance.

Like I said in my earlier post. Players will still be part of their guilds and will still be able to do flashpoints with their guilds. There is no harm what so ever being done to the so called "community" by allowing players to put together groups on a game when they would otherwise not be able to.

This is a good thing. Get behind it. YOu'll still have your guilds. And you will still be able to group with your friends.

like Ive been saying, im on a low pop server and it seems the "not finding a group" is a personal problem for alot of people. Sure I have troubles finding heroics but not flashpoints. Edited by JediMarvel

like Ive been saying, im on a low pop server and it seems the "not finding a group" is a personal problem for alot of people.

I have a hard time putting together and finding groups a lot on this game, especially after my friends go to bed. It's not uncommon for me to spend over an hour on the fleet tryign to find a tank for example - which is why I've gotten almost to the point I don't even bother unless my tank friend is online, otherwise I usually just log. This happens to me all the time. Are you suggesting I have "personal problems" because of this?

Is that really you're argument here? Everyone who has a difficult time getting groups on this game just has personal issues? lol

The problem with your ideas server mergers don't fix a lot of the problems people are experiencing. There is a notion I've mentioned earlier called the "Player bubble", when the bubble moves past something it's really difficult to get things done in that regard. Low level flashpoints are an example, nobody ran them in WoW until the cross server tool was given.

It's hard or impossible to say that nobody did low level dungeons in wow pre xserver with regards to merges, considering at least as far as I know wow has never merged any servers. Also they changed some of the longer dungeons into multiple sections via the tool and also added rewards for using the tool. So its hard to say if that actually had as much to do with it as you say. But I wouldn't say nobody did those pre xserver. Wow is also 2 full expansions past those dungeons and going on 8 years old? People also have access to the heirloom gear which ups the pace those dungeons can be ran from what they used to be. Now that I reread what I wrote there isn't much comparison to the current state of old wow dungeons and the state of tor fps right now. Now wait a few years and a few xpacks and they will make decent comparisons.

There are posts right now on the wow official forums about "dead" servers and ah's. They even have removed some of the group requirements for the group quests to simply get rid of that problem.

I get what you are saying about the bubble but this game is very very new, that shouldnt and won't come for a while. They are still adding content and picking up new players. If that player starts say at 1pm though where does he go to first? All the servers most likely are flagged standard/low at that time, he has no really way to see which is the best for him aside from the server type or location. Maybe he picks a low population server, there even in primetime he has trouble finding partners for flashpoints. You are right, he would benefit from having a xserver dungeon tool. But if he also wants to have an active gtn, Ilum, pool of players to select from to do group missions then he may be out of luck. If though he picked a higher pop server he might very well be able to see all those things right now.

We want the same thing, only I want it all. Greedy right? The tool artificially populates servers,if the the tool allows you to accomplish what you want then that is great. But if you want all that plus all the perks a more robust population has to offer, then the tool simply can't do all of that. Personally I agree with an earlier post of both mine and another person. Merge servers AND add the tool. But don't attach bonus rewards to it. Doing both seems to fix it for everyone on both sides of this argument, at least in my mind it does. It keeps the "community" intact or even adds to it for those that are arguing that, it gives more people access to decent gtn's, it hopefully can help with Ilum issues, it gives more access to flashpoints both from increased populations and xserver options, it gives more access to raids groups or premade pvp groups, it gives more access to partners to do group missions with. I don't personally see a down side to doing both, unless you count the threads that will go up "the sky is falling, swtor servers merged" as an actual downside.

I have a hard time putting together and finding groups a lot on this game, especially after my friends go to bed. It's not uncommon for me to spend over an hour on the fleet tryign to find a tank for example - which is why I've gotten almost to the point I don't even bother unless my tank friend is online, otherwise I usually just log. This happens to me all the time. Are you suggesting I have "personal problems" because of this?

Is that really you're argument here? Everyone who has a difficult time getting groups on this game just has personal issues? lol

I just cant relate because I have not had one problem finding a flashpoint, I dont even search, I'll be in the fleet leveling crew skills and someone will yell LFM Athiss etc.. I send a tell 10-15 mins later were starting it.. especially when u have the dailys. Edited by JediMarvel

What server are you on and what times do you usually play?

Anyone who wants LFG tool is simply narcissistic and feel entitled.

Go out and work for your group, make connections with people, make a name for yourself.

LFG tool is a free ride

edit: I understand that on some low pop realms this is NOT the case. I think there should be server mergers to solve that problem and a lot of the LFG issues would also be solved.

Edited by justregularjoe

I just cant relate because I have not had one problem finding a flashpoint, I dont even search, I'll be in the fleet leveling crew skills and someone will yell LFM Athiss etc.. I send a tell 10-15 mins later were starting it.. especially when u have the dailys.

Well be glad you don't then. But trust me, a lot of us do - myself included- and it can literally take me hours to find a tank if I find one at all before I say to hell with this and log.

I see dozens of frustrated people having the exact same problems I am also everytime I try -and it's not because we all have personal problems.

Just be glad you aren't having the same issues we are, cause it makes the "endgame" on this game suck when you can't find a group - because that is basically all there is to do after 50. And with that being the case, a cross-server LFG tool is deffinetely needed - at least for a lot of us.

Edited by JeremyDale

Go out and work for your group, make connections with people, make a name for yourself.

LFG tool is a free ride

If wanting a LFG tool makes me narcissistic and entitled, then the people that don't want me to have it are arrogant elitist exclusionary players that think video games are some how prestigious and meaningful in some real world sense, and therefor delusional.

Well LFG is coming, so I'll take my "free ride" while you go make a "name" for yourself in a video game that ultimately means nothing to the rest of the world...

See how that works both ways?

LFG tool is a free ride

edit: I understand that on some low pop realms this is NOT the case. I think there should be server mergers to solve that problem and a lot of the LFG issues would also be solved.

"Make a name for myself"? lol.... well someone is deffinlitey "narcissistic" that is for sure. This post eloquently points out the strain of elitism that runs in the counter-argument to having a LFG tool :)

LFG tool is a free ride

Spamming general chat in fleet for hours is far better yeh.

LFG tool is a free ride

You should get evaluated for Ganser syndrome.

Why? You aren't wanting to stalk me or anything are you? lol

Too late. No really I was just wanting to see your server population and wondered when you played and what that pop was during that time. I actually looked at it and thought to myself it seemed creepy but figured how else could I see?

If wanting a LFG tool makes me narcissistic and entitled, then the people that don't want me to have it are arrogant elitist exclusionary players that think video games are some how prestigious and meaningful in some real world sense, and therefor delusional.

Well LFG is coming, so I'll take my "free ride" while you go make a "name" for yourself in a video game that ultimately means nothing to the rest of the world...

The hyperbole vs hyperbole battle rages on.

But really where is it that lfg is coming?

All I could find was

Simoon: Will you be adding the option to choose what Warzone you enter a queue for?

Gabe Amatangelo: Not until we introduce cross server queuing. If we were to allow players to choose their Warzone before they could queue across servers, then it would negatively affect how often every player would see a Warzone – and for every player that loves a certain Warzone there is another player that hates it. The population would end up divided by their Warzone choice, negatively affecting the time it would take for a specific Warzone to become available for anyone. With cross server queuing we will still have a preference to match players of the same server, but those players who choose specific preferences such as these will likely end up in a match with players in the larger Wargroup.

on http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012 which from what I read only refered to warzones, was there a post I missed somwhere else?

Too late. No really I was just wanting to see your server population and wondered when you played and what that pop was during that time. I actually looked at it and thought to myself it seemed creepy but figured how else could I see?

I play with friends up until around 9, 10pm. After that it's difficult to find a group for me, especially tanks. There is usually a healthy population in the fleet when I try - 150+ or something like that. But apparantly very few of them happen to be tanks or are in the mood to do flashpoints.

Finding DPS is never an issue...though "good DPS", now that's a different matter. But finding a tank is often-times like trying to find a needle in the haystack. It's just impossible sometimes.

HOpefully this is enough information for you :)

Edited by JeremyDale

The hyperbole vs hyperbole battle rages on.

But really where is it that lfg is coming?

All I could find was

Exactly what I was trying to illustrate. I don't automatically think Anti-LFGers are automatically "horrible/crappy/whatever" people. I think it's hilarious when people make statements like "All Pro-LFGers are lazy/idiot/casual/kids/community destroyers/yadda yadda".

And they said they were releasing the LFG tool almost a month ago, I'm not gonna go back and find the original Dev post, but I am sure someone will. I believe it'll be in the upcoming patch in March, what isn't for sure is whether or not they'll do X-Server.

Edited by MalignX

I play with friends up until around 9, 10pm. After that it's difficult to find a group for me, especially tanks. There is usually a healthy population in the fleet when I try - 150+ or something like that. But apparantly very few of them happen to be tanks or are in the mood to do flashpoints.

Finding DPS is never an issue...though "good DPS", now that's a different matter. But finding a tank is often-times like trying to find a needle in the haystack. It's just impossible sometimes.

now if finding a tank is so hard, why wouldnt you roll one and be the most sought after player?

Im starting to think the people that want the LFG tool are DPS players only and if thats the case I go back to what I first stated.. it must be a personal problem.

Edited by JediMarvel

That dude is probably one of the bads that doesnt want combat logs or mods in the game either because they dont want to be called out on how bad they are or they screw up and wipe the group and cant hide behind anonymity.

Im with ya though I sure as hell want my "free ride" because that "free ride" will allow me to get my $15 worth out of the game.

I get ya, finding a tank is always going to be the hardest part it seems. I personally love playing them but some people are I think afraid to have the feeling they are responsible for the entire groups success/failure. But, unless there is an unusally low percentage of tanks on your server, or a higher one on others, cross server wont make them appear and nothing will. It will most likely be close the same % on other servers, you might think that more servers = more tanks and it does when you right it down on paper, but you have to realize there will also be more of the other roles after those tanks as well. So if you have on your server(just random numbers my fingers hit) 70% dps, 20% healers, 10% tanks. That most likely wont change with lfg xserver. The combine player base will still look the same, 70-20-10. Again those aren't actually stats. Just numbers to try to get the point out.

now if finding a tank is so hard, why wouldnt you roll one and be the most sought after player?

Im starting to think the people that want the LFG tool are DPS players.

Well for one I don't want to play as a Tank, which is as good of a reason as I need. What's the point in me even playing this game if I'm not going to play as what I want?

Secondly, even If I did, then I'd probably just have the same exact problem finding a healer. So I doubt it would solve my problem - because you see that is what happens when you assume things. YOu end up being wrong. I"m a healer, not a dps. But even if I did play a DPS class, it woudn't change anything and my point would have just as much validity.

Anyways...it's a moot point. I don't want to play as a tank, nor do I want to be "the most sought after player". I don't have personal issues like I already told you, and don't play video games so i can feel "needed" lol

Edited by JeremyDale

LFG tool is a free ride

Well aren't you just a peach and a shining example of the TOR community.

I get ya, finding a tank is always going to be the hardest part it seems. I personally love playing them but some people are I think afraid to have the feeling they are responsible for the entire groups success/failure. But, unless there is an unusally low percentage of tanks on your server, or a higher one on others, cross server wont make them appear and nothing will. It will most likely be close the same % on other servers, you might think that more servers = more tanks and it does when you right it down on paper, but you have to realize there will also be more of the other roles after those tanks as well. So if you have on your server(just random numbers my fingers hit) 70% dps, 20% healers, 10% tanks. That most likely wont change with lfg xserver. The combine player base will still look the same, 70-20-10. Again those aren't actually stats. Just numbers to try to get the point out.

Well I disagree. I think giving me access to the entire pool of tanks across all servers will deffinitely HELP :)