Big wins for casuals! Dual Spec - Cross server

Touchbass

Yay I got called a troll for stating my opinion! Tihihi, lovely to see degenerates on the internet.

Your opinion is selfish and flawed; trying to find groups on low-population Republic-sides of servers is painful and usually fruitless. A LFG system from this decade would have kept me subbed; I'll probably come back once its in place.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What community?

Explain to me what this community is, is it elitsts recognizing each other as they trample casuals under them in same server pvp?

Is it general chat? It's not going anywhere.

Is it forums? They don't exist.

As I keep saying this "community" you all defend to the hilt exists only in your mind and in your guild. Neither of which are going anywhere.

Please, the game have bben out for what? 2month now, atleast give players a chanse to build up a comunity before erasing the chanses to do so right away.

/sarcasm on

Ooh yeah btw - Rom was build on one day

/sarcasm off

I can't believe you actually misunderstood that. It's not that they wanted it, it's that when a system like it was in place, they couldn't be bothered making an effort into creating the group.

I understood just fine, they wanted to get groups on their own time and not be forced to play on others peoples schedule.

Well, casual ruined WoW by whining for convenience everywhere, they're going to ruin SWTOR too !

Not surprised here, but I'll just reiterate : if your competitor is WoW, it feels smarter to propose alternative where it's lacking, rather than just copy-paste it and offer the same experience.

People won't leave the leader to follow a clone.

Guess we just have to wait - And a lfoperationtool will come to us, then you wont be needed to leave the fleet ones you hit lvl10 - sounds familiare?

Please, the game have bben out for what? 2month now, atleast give players a chanse to build up a comunity before erasing the chanses to do so right away.

/sarcasm on

Ooh yeah btw - Rom was build on one day

/sarcasm off

All the flashpoints are linked to the fleet...if you want a group you have to stay there.

There's not even a global lfg so you really do have to stay...do you even realize that what you dread is already there?

As I said, in your mind.

Well, casual ruined WoW by whining for convenience everywhere, they're going to ruin SWTOR too !

Not surprised here, but I'll just reiterate : if your competitor is WoW, it feels smarter to propose alternative where it's lacking, rather than just copy-paste it and offer the same experience.

People won't leave the leader to follow a clone.

And people wont leave a feature/content filled game for one with less content and none of the convenient features.

It was a relief to know they're at least working on it, people who actually believed bw original "we didn't put cross server cause we like community" were deluding themselves, what did you expect them to say, "we didn't put cross server cause we had to rush the game and didn't have time."? Really?

Cross server dungeon tool and ac switching will come as well in the future, it's inevitable.

The sooner they actually implement the stuff, the sooner i can actually think about resubbing. Until then, it's either nothing or wow which i haven't played since june and where i need to check the new 5mans, raids, cross server real id grouping, and raid finder, an actually featured game in other words.

I notice everyone is jumping on the bandwagon but from the Q&A on this site is this:

"Simoon: Will you be adding the option to choose what Warzone you enter a queue for?

Gabe Amatangelo: Not until we introduce cross server queuing. If we were to allow players to choose their Warzone before they could queue across servers, then it would negatively affect how often every player would see a Warzone – and for every player that loves a certain Warzone there is another player that hates it. The population would end up divided by their Warzone choice, negatively affecting the time it would take for a specific Warzone to become available for anyone. With cross server queuing we will still have a preference to match players of the same server, but those players who choose specific preferences such as these will likely end up in a match with players in the larger Wargroup."

To me it reads that they are introducing cross server queuing for PvP War Zones, there is no mention of Flashpoints or even implementing a queuing system for them cross server or otherwise.

And people wont leave a feature/content filled game for one with less content and none of the convenient features.

Amen. I'm employed so I can afford 2 subscriptions, a lot of players that I've talked to in-game play both WoW and SWTOR but are transitioning back to WoW to wait for features to make their experience more enjoyable. This is good news for SWTOR.

The problem I have personally with a cross server LFG tool is there is no accountability. The chances of you having to work together with the same people is low, and you cant isolate the bad eggs to teach them that bad behavior makes them undesirable.

But since MMO's have become more popular and easier, there is not really a lot to define skill levels, one player is as good as the next. When it is simply role composition that wins a fight and not skill and co-ordination, a random LFG is a convenience people want.

I notice everyone is jumping on the bandwagon but from the Q&A on this site is this:

<snip>

To me it reads that they are introducing cross server queuing for PvP War Zones, there is no mention of Flashpoints or even implementing a queuing system for them cross server or otherwise.

Read the original post.

All the flashpoints are linked to the fleet...if you want a group you have to stay there.

There's not even a global lfg so you really do have to stay...do you even realize that what you dread is already there?

As I said, in your mind.

Do you really think a global lfgtool is far away now? really? i give it a year.

I am sad to say this, but this "news" looks like its really goin to be a wow in space.

I hope i am wrong, but i think BW will cave in for the masses that says - We want!! We want!! We want this and that.

"Simoon: Will you be adding the option to choose what Warzone you enter a queue for?

Gabe Amatangelo: Not until we introduce cross server queuing. If we were to allow players to choose their Warzone before they could queue across servers, then it would negatively affect how often every player would see a Warzone – and for every player that loves a certain Warzone there is another player that hates it. The population would end up divided by their Warzone choice, negatively affecting the time it would take for a specific Warzone to become available for anyone. With cross server queuing we will still have a preference to match players of the same server, but those players who choose specific preferences such as these will likely end up in a match with players in the larger Wargroup."

Simon – Any plans for an LFG tool?

SR: Definitely being looked at including cross-server Flashpoint tool. Definitely wanting to do.

I am sad to say this, but this "news" looks like its really goin to be a wow in space.

I hope i am wrong, but i think BW will cave in for the masses that says - We want!! We want!! We want this and that.

QFT.

5c

There was a podcast linked in the OP, with LFG specifically asked, and vaguely answered as they are looking at improving the system, cross server is one consideration

Omg I'm lol at these people QQing saying their going to quit because anything cross server is being added. Go roll on a standard/light server. You'll start to see things in a different light. This is more than made me happy that one of my chars on a dying server will be played :) I don't rly need a server merge/char transfer with this information now. Plus the Xserver warzones that you'll be able to choose which ones you want to be in! Yay. 5/5 bioware

And that is bad because? Playing inferior/niche games makes you feel special?

Swtor should have released with ALL of wow's features from day one to be honest. All of them even some sort of real id using origin peraphs.

Every little thing wow has and swtor doesn't adds up and makes swtor hugely inferior in the end. And that's not taking crap engine/bugs/content into accounts, those i can understand may need time for improvement.

Being a different setting, sci fi and star wars no less, + voice acting was enough to be different from wow, not having all its features and pretending to be a 1999 vintage game was just silly.

Edited by AzKnc

I think you misunderstand me, and i believe you didn't actually look to see who made that post.

There isn't a lfg channel is what I meant.

The thing you dread already exists in game, the community you seem to think exists just plain doesn't and we're already forced into the habits you hate. please stop deluding yourself.

Edited by darkcerb

There was a podcast linked in the OP, with LFG specifically asked, and vaguely answered as they are looking at improving the system, cross server is one consideration

"Simon – Any plans for an LFG tool?

SR: Definitely being looked at including cross-server Flashpoint tool. Definitely wanting to do."

That looks vague to you does it?

and that is bad because? Playing inferior/niche games makes you feel special?

Swtor should have released with all of wow's features from day one to be honest. All of them even some sort of real id using origin peraphs.

ok. :D

Edited by TheHolgar

Yeah I missed it when I scanned the content of the Podcast 1st time round.

To be honest I don't mind, Flashpoints are pretty much all portals located on the fleet anyway, there is no reason why you just can't click the flash point courier on which ever planet you are on and be taken via ship straight into the flashpoint.

I just want to avoid that all flashpoints simply become pull down menus in the UI.

I doubt I'll be using a random one, as instances in this game require a bit more brain power generally than in WoW.

Oh boy. after doing quite a few hardmode flashpoints I have to say that's just not true the only difference at this point is getting the groups together is far harder.