Big wins for casuals! Dual Spec - Cross server

Touchbass

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way i understand it, there are some servers where the population is rather high, but they are concentrated on one side, eg. Empire, so it would be a great help to the other faction for finding players to team up with for Flashpoints... I might be missing something, but i don't see the problem with cross-server quing?

There are a lot of potential problems that may or may not cause some problems with the playerbase. It gets complicated when you trade off the benefits for the precieved risks.

How dare people try to play on their own schedules!!!!!!!

What? im ok with dualspecc, im ok with a better groupfinder - but why in hell should they add x-servers, sorry i just cant see the reason why - Its not like the servers are emty and need it.

I don't understand how dual spec is casual. Is the ability to switch between a pvp spec and a group spec or between a solo spec and a raid spec without forking our heaps of credits really casual? I mean yeah it means they don't have to spend ages grinding credits but spending ages grinding something doesn't make you casual or hardcore, it makes you addicted and isn't much fun no matter who you are.

If you don't have time to play it, stop ************ about the game you're paying for. "Why the **** does this car have only 4 wheels?! I want 6 you *****!" The world doesn't quite work that way.

I hope you can at least see how ironic that statement is can't you?

Here a hint: that argument works on you in fact it's more effective given how enraged you appear to be.

What? im ok with dualspecc, im ok with a better groupfinder - but why in hell should they add x-servers, sorry i just cant see the reason why - Its not like the servers are emty and need it.

Then your not on a ow pop server. Or you're trolling either way you can take it from me it's needed on quite alot of servers especially republic side.

Others playing the way they prefer annoys me to, you'd still have the choice to form groups with your many friends so why do you care how people play?

But more then your fears of a complete social collapse of humanity and decline of a community that exists only in your mind. this change will revive low pop server's especially for the 50's there that the game all but ends for.

It exists in the minds of everyone who saw the deterioration of the community when such features was put in place.

If you don't have time to play it, stop ************ about the game you're paying for. "Why the **** does this car have only 4 wheels?! I want 6 you *****!" The world doesn't quite work that way.

(added some stars for emphasis)

You better hope people like me keep playing, otherwise you will be trolling the forums of some other game.

It would help lazy people get a group, yes, but people who wants a system like that is only thinking about themselves and not the greater good.

I'm reluctantly willing to accept a same-server FP finder, but preferably I would want a system that doesn't put you in a queue at all. What is the point of playing an MMO if you're gonna let an automated system do the socializing for you? I'm all for making finding groups easier than it is now, but leave the auto-grouping and cross-server crap out of it and I'd accept anything they wished to do with it.

Just because people don't want to spam general chat for who knows how long to get a group doesn't mean they're lazy. I for one am taking a soul crushingly heavy course load this term and haven't spent more than a few minutes in game in more than a week. I can manage to scrape together an hour or two on rare occasion, which would give me the time to run a flashpoint, but not if I have to spend an hour looking for a group. If anything, a cross server LFG tool is for the people who aren't lazy... in real life.

Yay I got called a troll for stating my opinion! Tihihi, lovely to see degenerates on the internet.

lololololol

Maybe you got called a troll for your filth-filled QQ at someone for wanting an LFG?

You are unbelievable, and now, I will quit feeding you, goodbye.

In which game?

Let's say the big one, World of Warcraft.

Before LFD I had tons of people on my friends list, people I didn't really know at all, but we all used to do the daily heroics together, pugs and the like. Then along comes LFD. All of a sudden they cba to run to the instance entrance and the 10 seconds it takes to whisper the other people we used to go with, so they queued up and ****ed off for 10 minutes until the system dinged on you. And now comes LFR, granted, I see many people in general that are looking to start a group to make the LFR system work faster, but that ultimately will disappear as well.

Not to mention cross-server PvP. There were like 6 or 7 horde players back in vanilla and TBC, that were completely kitted out. They had constantly the best gear, highest ratings etc. I still remember entering an Alterac Valley match and skimming through the list of horde players to see if we had a chance of winning at all. (You see, when any of those hordes were in the group, people would spam in /raid "Oh **** **** is here, we're so ****ed"). And that, my friends, is what is called a server reputation. Now that servers doesn't mean ****, all of that went away. There are no more server pride and joy like it was. Even Swifty talked about it in his latest questions video.

Where's your God now?

Edited by Senatsu

It exists in the minds of everyone who saw the deterioration of the community when such features was put in place.

As someone who was around long before these features hit the mmo scene and been around since.

I don't know what you're talking about, community has only ever existed in guilds, oh and of course the servers "elite" being worshiped as gods, perhaps that's why you're so uptight about this.

Those days are dead and I feel the community was improved with there passing.

Then your not on a ow pop server. Or you're trolling either way you can take it from me it's needed on quite alot of servers especially republic side.

Hell, it whould be better if they tossed around whole guilds so empire/republic gets even numbers - and then make a cap on the light servers for eatch faction - problem solved.

X-servers just detroys the comunity.

Let's say the big one, World of Warcraft.

Before LFD I had tons of people on my friends list, people I didn't really know at all, but we all used to do the daily heroics together, pugs and the like. Then along comes LFD. All of a sudden they cba to run to the instance entrance and the 10 seconds it takes to whisper the other people we used to go with, so they queued up and ****ed off for 10 minutes until the system dinged on you. And now comes LFR, granted, I see many people in general that are looking to start a group to make the LFR system work faster, but that ultimately will disappear as well.

So your "friends" all wanted a LFD tool it seems.

Hell, it whould be better if they tossed around whole guilds so empire/republic gets even numbers - and then make a cap on the light servers for eatch faction - problem solved.

Name one single example of bad behavior that did not exist until the LFD came along.

What community?

Explain to me what this community is, is it elitsts recognizing each other as they trample casuals under them in same server pvp?

Is it general chat? It's not going anywhere.

Is it forums? They don't exist.

As I keep saying this "community" you all defend to the hilt exists only in your mind and in your guild. Neither of which are going anywhere.

So your "friends" all wanted a LFD tool it seems.

I can't believe you actually misunderstood that. It's not that they wanted it, it's that when a system like it was in place, they couldn't be bothered making an effort into creating the group.

Guess we just have to wait - And a lfoperationtool will come to us, then you wont be needed to leave the fleet ones you hit lvl10 - sounds familiare? :mad:

I did that in WoW with my Priest, Druid, Warrior, Shaman, Rogue and Warlock. I felt so lonely after a while I just hung around in MW2 online to hear people talk.

Edited by Senatsu

Guess we just have to wait - And a lfoperationtool will come to us, then you wont be needed to leave the fleet ones you hit lvl10 - sounds familiare? :mad:

Really? Seems a LFD tool would have the opposite impact since I could go out and quest and explore between FP runs.

All the flashpoints are linked to the fleet...if you want a group you have to stay there.

There's not even a global lfg so you really do have to stay...do you even realize that what you dread is already there?

As I said, in your mind.

Edited by darkcerb