Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Is March 1st still the planned Oceanic launch date?

Of equal importance, can we please get a definitive official statement on whether localOceanic servers will be available to transfer to on launch?

When and where will you publish all the relevant detail we need for the Oceanic launch?

Are you aware that a major Australian ISP (iiNET) is offering to host servers for SWTOR should you need a contingency?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be (in the VERY near future) the ability to customize our character stats the way we want?

By this, will you allow us to see variation patterns in the crafting window, so we can know that there is a variation out there that will help us more.

will you allow us to change our mods in our gear around with different stat variations than is what is currently cookie cutter offered to everyone?

With all the recent "Fixes" and I use that term loosely, being able to adjust our stats to compensate for changes in patches to adjust our play style is like the number 1 thing a player cares about.

Is there any ETA on when we might see things like this? 1.2x? 1.3? etc

What are your thoughts about the operative / scoundrel class after the nerfs?

How do you think they perform compared to other classes?

Have you noticed diminishing numbers of players playing the classes?

Are the issues in the class tree`s being looked into?

Can you name one role a operative can do better then any other class?

Actually, can you name one role a operative can do as good as any other class?

I also want to know why as of 10/02/2012

# dev posts/replies to inquisitor/counselor boards = 78

# dev posts/replies to warrior/knight boards = 43

# dev posts/replies to bh/trooper boards = 52

# dev posts/replies to agent/smuggler boards = 3

Thanks

While this might seem trivial, in the spirit of the hard/easy to fix, affects many/few response I saw from last week, where does being able to friend offline people and and friend your own alts fit in?

Interestingly, I was able to friend a 'few' of my alts (obviously, offline at the time), but not all of them. And I have 'never' been able to friend another player offline.

And yes, this is a bug question and not a suggestion, because I was to do 'some' of my alts, so it must 'almost' work. :o

Thank you.

Customer Service is lacking, as currently there are no administrators inside of the game while we are playing. Is there a timeline of when we will be able to see actual gamemasters inside the game and monitoring abusive player activities?

I was wondering if we are going to see more companions. I find it unfair that some people have more female options then other classes for romance. Example the sith inquisitor only gets one female option. I get that you intended for more females to play this class. Yet I see more males playing it. I think you should add more female companions and male companions where its needed.

Can you guys make the legacy races coming out available for elder players as well? I know I feel as if I will have to remake my main character and lose all my progression just to create a race I'd enjoy more. This system seems to be backwards logic on the legacy system. Level to 50 to gain legacy levels to unlock a race you would enjoy playing to re-level to 50 again. On top of all the leveling you will lose all of your valor ranks, social ranks, and gear obtained in that time.

My suggestion to this is to just create a customization option similar to companions that allows us to alter our race or something through some means in game. Maybe mail us the costume once the legacy level is high enough?

A simple question - for this week ;)

For all the Consulars out there wondering...

Will Qyzen ever get a moddable Techblade (since there are ZERO in the game currently) and will his codex entry ever be updated to reflect his correct weapon? While it's not game breakin, with him being AIM based, it's more of an annoyance.

Edited by rhirne

1. Why did you decide to offer the same loot incentives between 8 and 16-man Operations? At the moment there is no real incentive to run 16-man Operations seeing that you can get the exact same loot in the easier 8-man mode.

2. Why are there no "Ratings" on slot items like Ear, Implants, Relics and Off-Hands (i.e. Shield)?

3. Based on your metrics, has your decision on doing 4-Man groups worked out better or worse?

4. Why did you decide in Operations to balance out groups with 1 tank, 2 healers and 5 DPS (with exception to HH that could use 2 tanks)? It seems like the game is pretty heavy on tanks, so wouldn't it make more sense to make more Operations friendly to at least always having two tanks?

5. Are we going to see Operations larger than 16-man (i.e. 20 or 24)?

6. Since we are seeing some Guild Features (finally!) with 1.2 are we going to be seeing things like /ready for a Ready Check? Or a working Master Looter?

7. Are we going to see the scrolling combat text improved to where we can turn on and off features or put thresholds on things like minimum heals/damage? As a Assassin Tank it would be nice to see events like when Energize or Harness Darkness gets proc'd (yes, I know you added glow for Harness Darkness recently).

8. Why did you decide on Dark Ward being a maintenance skill versus a passive ability which is completely different than all of the other tank classes? It makes the class a much higher maintenance to have to stare at the buff bar than having to enjoy everything else going on in fights. Will we potentially see this ability changed to a passive or at least a click on state like Dark Charge?

9. Back to Guild Features, do you have plans to implement a Guild Calendar of sorts for planning events and Operations that include signups? It would be nice to get away from our Google Spreadsheet form ;)

You stated several times you are aware of the faction imbalances on servers and are looking at ways to incentivize players to join the lower population faction. If that is the case, why are there still valor rewards for controlling ilum, essentially rewarding players for being on the higher popuplation faction by 400% valor gains and double daily/weekly rewards? Since this issue becomes more and more out of control with each passing day, is a fix for this issue being implemented or can players on lower population faction just expect to be increasingly out-geared in cross faction WZs going forward?

When will we be able to right-click players in the guild tab for inviting etc.? Limiting this feature to the friends and who list doesn't seem to make any sense, so as a follow-up question: why has this feature been missing in the first place?

I'm glad you guys are constantly adding new content, but without at improved LFG tool, alot of people can't experience it. If and when do you plan on adding some type of LFG tool? I'd be happy with just a global channel so I can search for groups while doing my dailys.

Will the introduction of the leagacy system affect players alts? Will you need to re-role to beable to recieve the leagacy benefits? And can we expect items that will bind to are account so that we can play through with them on a new toon?

Do you have plans to fine-tune the crafting and economy system? Specifically, what are the plans for orange armor, will it be given solely to the crafters? If not, will there be a reason to craft armor in the game? Are there plans to give something to the crafters that is theirs alone and ensure their viability?

I love the game, and I don't mind that the female is highly objectified (it's an MMO after all!), but shouldn't the men be too? Star Wars is 35 years old now, and by keeping with the sexism of the original movies, things seem unfair and out of touch. There should be at least as many "flirt" options with males as females; there should be same-sex flirting; at the very least there should be a "Slave Boy" costume as revealing as the "Slave Girl." Will you pledge to work on balancing the sexism that's rampant in the game, and soon?