Can't wait till pvp stats are kept and shown.

Badlander

Sure it can. If you see a dps class and their damage is just down right bad you know they are bad. If you see a dps class with low output damage and a ton of deaths means real bad....

I play dps jugg and i can either :

ex :

huttball a : Guard carrier help him to the goal line use cc and shouts keeping him clear and score and prob win the game and end it with like 50k dps ...

or huttball b : I can go dps stance jump anything as soon as i can spamming damaging styles over and over on anything moving near until it dies spotting bunched up ennemies to land aoes and force charge to the next rinse repeat totally ignoring the game and what is happening and end up the game probably losing , but hey WOW i got 250k damage !!! and think im awesome !

:p

I play dps jugg and i can either :

ex :

huttball a : Guard carrier help him to the goal line use cc and shouts keeping him clear and score and prob win the game and end it with like 50k dps ...

or huttball b : I can go dps stance jump anything as soon as i can spamming damaging styles over and over on anything moving near until it dies spotting bunched up ennemies to land aoes and force charge to the next rinse repeat totally ignoring the game and what is happening and end up the game probably losing , but hey WOW i got 250k damage !!! and think im awesome !

:p

You are a Jugg.. understandable for huttball, but not all games will be huttball.

But in Huttball i guard or carry ball myself and still do damage.

Edited by Badlander

Ok, it's still a bad idea. Support players tend to get screwed in these kinds of schemes. Just look at the amount of medals one gets for healing compared with being a dps.

Well we shall have to see how they do it. There are ways to make it so support players get good credit for their job also.

Well we shall have to see how they do it. There are ways to make it so support players get good credit for their job also.

Yeah, you track W/L. All other stats are meaningless and fluff. W/L are the only thing that really matter, and winning is the only thing that should be encouraged.

Edited by deltaminus

• 3 weeks later...

The last game I played that kept track of PVP stats was DAOC. I thought it was a great feature. You could check every week to see who topped what and it built up some fun rivalries for single players and guilds. There wasn't any WZ's just an open world PVP area that was seperate from the PVE areas. The people that were into that part of the game kept up with it and the ones that werent didnt. Stats never caused any problems but enhanced the game for those that liked PVP'ng alot. Just because they are tracked and posted doesnt mean you have to look or care.

Also, that game used a point system so if I killed someone but you did more dmg you got more points, I think dmg really only counted if the target died. My point here is there are a lot of different ways to impliment stat tracking. You could have an overall dmg column and a dmg resulting in kill column.

Besides any of that, if you PVP enough you know who is good and who isnt.

Playing the game correctly and stat padding are mutually exclusive for 95% of people. :o

^^^ THIS.

I cannot tell you how many times I just let myself die in order to get one last DoT on the enemy team in voidstar or civil war (wont work after 1.1.5 anymore), or let myself die while spamming bubble/heals on the ball carrier so we could score the goal.

Sacrificing my "score" for objectives is something I always do. The fact that my stats will show low dps, lots of deaths, etc. means absolutely nothing.

Not sure how I feel about this.

It's strange to implement something like this after removing medal farming from the pvp equation, which I'm assuming was intended to encourage people to go for the objectives more.

Then a stat tracker encourages people to farm stats again.

From my experience it encouraged people tp PVP more. Also, farming in this context would mean fighting the opposing players, unless they included killing MOBS in the PVP area (I hope not). You'd have to be pretty good to just go out and kill everyone at will for great stats, in which case you would deserve your high stats. There isnt really an exploit or pattern you can repeat over and over when fighting another player. Things evolve, people stop doing stuff that gets them killed easily.

Sometimes fights are way one sided, avoid those fights. Stay away from the elitist group, thats fun too, makes things challenging. Or just make a stealther, pick your battles. Plus, PVP isnt for everyone and it doesnt appear this is a "must do" activity in this game or you'll miss out on something.

I hope they put the stat tracking in, it adds another level to the game to keep my interest.

/Agree 100%

The bad pve players are mad also cuz of damage/healing meters that are also coming will expose them as bad pve players.

And every major gaming company wants a substantial portion of their player base (paying customers) to be forced from the game by no-lifes who are going to hound them because of their stats.

This isn't a professional sport and any mechanism that allows for ridiculing another player and is sponsored by the publisher of the game is not conducive to a growing player base.

So I guess these clueless designers are going to copy all of WOW's mistakes.

Although it's not my favirote game, I'm pretty sure WOW is the most successful MMORPG of all time. Also pretty sure their player base is the largest currently. If not #1, it's in the top 5 of both catagories. Maybe I should have researched before I posted on this but I seriously doubt I'm wrong. If SWTOR does half as good I think the publishers will be more than happy.

The only thing I can see stats doing is demonstrate who plays regularly in premades vs who plays primarily solo in pugs. Will adjustments be made for people entering a WZ to fill the spot of a quitter? Too many variables to make any stat tracking mechanism really meaningful (i.e. using utility will decrease healing/dps, team play and stat related play don't often mesh, etc.).

The only thing I can see stats doing is demonstrate who plays regularly in premades vs who plays primarily solo in pugs. Will adjustments be made for people entering a WZ to fill the spot of a quitter? Too many variables to make any stat tracking mechanism really meaningful (i.e. using utility will decrease healing/dps, team play and stat related play don't often mesh, etc.).

I share your concerns. I don't see how a stat system could truly reflect reality and think that people will quit warzones again to protect their stats. It all becomes meaningless at some point.

They should keep wins / losses, thats it. This way whatever your role may be, however you choose to play people can see if what you do contributes to a win or a loss and nothing in between. Otherwise there will be too many "im 35% wins but i do LOTS OF DAMAGE!!!"

They should keep wins / losses, thats it. This way whatever your role may be, however you choose to play people can see if what you do contributes to a win or a loss and nothing in between. Otherwise there will be too many "im 35% wins but i do LOTS OF DAMAGE!!!"

Leaving a warzone prematurely would then need to count as a loss.

I agree with the WZ's. Unless they can take into account all of the variables it would be useless. I'm talking about open world PVP. Thats is probably what I will play the most. Honestly if there wasn't an open world option I doubt I'd play longer than 6 months. Having stat tracking for open world will help keep my interest for a long time.