Can't wait till pvp stats are kept and shown.

Badlander

It has already been said that they are putting in pvp stats that all will be able to see.

Wins/losses, kills/deaths, damage/healing and such. Will be nice to be able to check a player who is posting on the forums and see if they are worth the post they made or are just a bad pvper.

Also, can not wait for rated WZ's... :)

Here is the link where they talk about player ranking system coming.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/coming-star-wars-old-republic

Edited by Badlander

It has already been said that they are putting in pvp stats that all will be able to see.

Wins/losses, kills/deaths, damage/healing and such. Will be nice to be able to check a player who is posting on the forums and see if they are worth the post they made or are just a bad pvper.

Also, can not wait for rated WZ's... :)

Indeed. Can't wait for stats to be implemented. Can throw strategy out the window then and have just random zerging, K/D ratio farming, ignoring objectives and leaving WZ en-masse. Seen it in other games, not impressed...

Indeed. Can't wait for stats to be implemented. Can throw strategy out the window then and have just random zerging, K/D ratio farming, ignoring objectives and leaving WZ en-masse. Seen it in other games, not impressed...

Playing the game correctly and stat padding are mutually exclusive for 95% of people. :o

And that will be different from most games now how?

did they actually say this would happen?

I can't wait as well..

it seems every thread starts out with " I was 2700+ gladiator on WoW" or "If I actually zerged like everyone else I would get 10+ metals and 300K damage"

Yep, it was in the same interview they talked about rated WZ's coming.

Talks about player ranking system coming here. http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/coming-star-wars-old-republic

Edited by Badlander

The stats will mean very little. Win/loss will be premade/pug and K/D and Dmg/healing are arbitrary stats - 2 teams with good healers will have high damage and low kills/deaths and 2 teams without healing will have high kills/deaths and lower dmg. You won't be able to make an accurate depiction of a player after 1k games played because the numbers at this point will be so diluted by the nonsense that they will mean essentially *very little* about the player or his ability.

Some people are already obnoxious to play with and “stat padding” will make a lot more people rage. I think the only stat I would take to mean anything would be "warzones deserted."

Edited by Innercalm

The stats will mean very little. Win/loss will be premade/pug and K/D and Dmg/healing are arbitrary stats - 2 teams with good healers will have high damage and low kills/deaths and 2 teams without healing will have high kills/deaths and lower dmg. You won't be able to make an accurate depiction of a player after 1k games played because the numbers at this point will be so diluted by the nonsense that they will mean essentially *very little* about the player or his ability.

Some people are already obnoxious to play with and “stat padding” will make a lot more people rage than anything. I think the only stat I would take to mean anything would be "warzones deserted."

Agreed, and I also believe it will make people much less likely to stick it out in WZs when they are losing.

Some people are already obnoxious to play with and “stat padding” will make a lot more people rage than anything. I think the only stat I would take to mean anything would be "warzones deserted."

Spoken like a true bad pvper.... :)

It's all just a bunch of numbers to me. There's so much luck and other outside factors involved with PVP that stats pretty much just a distraction. I pvp for fun. Not for numbers to brag about. To me it seems that stats like these encourage cheating and cowardice as much as anything. Can't say that I am looking forward to that aspect.

It's all just a bunch of numbers to me. There's so much luck and other outside factors involved with PVP that stats pretty much just a distraction. I pvp for fun. Not for numbers to brag about. To me it seems that stats like these encourage cheating and cowardice as much as anything. Can't say that I am looking forward to that aspect.

Many like me only pvp. I do hardly any pve content. Pve content is boring and easy. So a scoring system means a lot to us.

face it , many gamers are stat whores....FPS players especially but MMO players too.

I see nothing wrong with it and it WILL help judge someones skill level without a doubt. It will also expose not-so-good players which is why some people are mad about it

face it , many gamers are stat whores....FPS players especially but MMO players too.

I see nothing wrong with it and it WILL help judge someones skill level without a doubt. It will also expose not-so-good players which is why some people are mad about it

/Agree 100%

The bad pve players are mad also cuz of damage/healing meters that are also coming will expose them as bad pve players.

Edited by Badlander

That actually will be some incentive for good healers to put up with pvp healing. However, I hope they break it into heal other and heal self so no one will think the fools standing in acid healing themselves are any good.

I am sure they could sort that out. Would make sense for them to do it that way.

And they will be the only ones that matter. Heh. Damage done can't measure whether it was important or a waste of time, and a good PvPer has many strategic deaths in a warzone, and not all kills are relevant.

Sure it can. If you see a dps class and their damage is just down right bad you know they are bad. If you see a dps class with low output damage and a ton of deaths means real bad....

Edited by Badlander

Sure it can. If you see a dps class and their damage is just down right bad you know they are bad. If you see a dps class with low output damage and a ton of deaths means real bad....

Pro-tip: PVP is kill be killed. Now you can see what I said there...

Stats don't matter, particularly in a video game that cannot affect real life (oh, and grats on stat stockpiling against guys so worse then you that it makes you better...to bad you can't show them respect for kicking their ***...typical Jock mentality). Cause the only thing I see is a gamer nerd with to much free time that consumes massive amounts of hotpockets and Mt. Dew that gets a major hard on to his ego so he can feel better about himself. Unless you personally have more cash in the wallet then Bill Gates the biggest nerd out their for computers (next to Mr. Lucas himself who writes / directs his own fanfics) and you are sleeping with super models every night...you got nothing to gloat about.

Pro-tip: PVP is kill be killed. Now you can see what I said there...

Stats don't matter, particularly in a video game that cannot affect real life (oh, and grats on stat stockpiling against guys so worse then you that it makes you better...to bad you can't show them respect for kicking their ***...typical Jock mentality). Cause the only thing I see is a gamer nerd with to much free time that consumes massive amounts of hotpockets and Mt. Dew that gets a major hard on to his ego so he can feel better about himself. Unless you personally have more cash in the wallet then Bill Gates the biggest nerd out their for computers (next to Mr. Lucas himself who writes / directs his own fanfics) and you are sleeping with super models every night...you got nothing to gloat about.

First- I have a full time job and a loving wife. Gives me lots to be happy/gloat about.

Second- What is wrong with trying to be good at something?

Third- If you feel this way about pvp why do you pvp? People pvp to put their skills against others. Most everything that ppl put their skills vs others stats are kept.

But, you are right i am a jock. Football and softball as much as i can with my buds.

And holy crap Ontos just checked your char post in profile. You cry a lot over pvp even to the point of rage.

Edited by Badlander

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.