World of Warcraft loses another 100,000 subscribers

DragonAgeOrgins

Since there is no off topic

WoW stabilizes over 10M subscribers, down 100k in Q4 2011

Activision Blizzard latest earning call revealed that World of Warcraft lost 100,000 subscribers last quarter, following the loss of 800k subscribers announced last quarter and 300k loss from the quarter before that. The game lost 1.8M Subscribers over the year but the number seems to stabilize over 10M and it wouldn't be surprising to see it go back up with the release of Mists of Pandaria this year.

World of Warcraft now has 10.2M active subscribers.

World of Warcraft lost 100,000 subscribers, down to 10.2 million. This was a total lost of 1.8 million for the year

Now it's going to be reversed. Instead of WoW holding subs from SWTOR. SWTOR will have to prove it's worth for when GW2, Tera, and MoP come out. I highly doubt SWTOR will only dip 100k from those titles. Heck they'll probably dip 200k by next month against no competition. Edited by DigitalDreamz

The game lost 1.8M Subscribers over the year but the number seems to stabilize over 10M and it wouldn't be surprising to see it go back up with the release of Mists of Pandaria this year.

It's likely to lose subscribers until MoP, regain subscribers for a time thanks to it and then start to losing them again.

Now it's going to be reversed. Instead of WoW holding subs from SWTOR. SWTOR will have to prove it's worth for when GW2, Tera, and MoP come out. I highly doubt SWTOR will only dip 100k from those titles. Heck they'll probably dip 200k by next month against no competition.

I bet WoW loses more subs to GW2 and Tera than SWtOR does.

So WOW has lost more subs than TOR has. ok.

ha ha :D ^^

It's February, anyone with a life is out trying to work their social skills. I haven't had time to log into the game in weeks. Might eventually quit the game; cause, well I'd rather have someone at home at night with me than a video game that's rapidly loosing it's appeal.

Fully voiced my ***, half the time you're reading because they got lazy and threw in some fake language that's just a couple of phrases being repeated over and over. Kind of like how each class has this same set of phrases that they say over and over and over throughout the entire story line.

Lame.

Since there is no off topic

WoW stabilizes over 10M subscribers, down 100k in Q4 2011

Activision Blizzard latest earning call revealed that World of Warcraft lost 100,000 subscribers last quarter, following the loss of 800k subscribers announced last quarter and 300k loss from the quarter before that. The game lost 1.8M Subscribers over the year but the number seems to stabilize over 10M and it wouldn't be surprising to see it go back up with the release of Mists of Pandaria this year.

World of Warcraft now has 10.2M active subscribers.

World of Warcraft lost 100,000 subscribers, down to 10.2 million. This was a total lost of 1.8 million for the year

WoW is starting to run its course. Whether it's just the natural decline of the game, because of SWTOR or a combination of the two (not to mention other factors), we'll never know. However, one thing is for sure: I WISH WoW THE BEST OF LUCK AND HOPE IT SURVIVES.

Why?

Because I don't want the WoW player base flocking to SWTOR to ruin this game with their childish attitudes, their gimme gimme gimme me-first I'm hardcore cuz I exploit and play 14 hours per day nonsense, their demands that SWTOR become SPACEWOW with addons and all sorts of other crap, etc.

Oh wait....

They're already here.

The real question is how many of those 10.2 million are in Asia and thus aren't paying subscription fees.

I have wondered the same thing.

With blizzard creating their own definition of subscription and that including anyone with a game card and each individual game card being considered a subscriber; it seems blizzards numbers are probably not what they really are.

Speculation of course.

it has lost subs for 4 straight quarters now, Q3 it lost 800k before TOR, plus thier stock was downgraded, the game is old and the sparkle is not as bright as it used to be, I suspect in a year or two it will make the switch to free to play, blizz execs has already stated as soon as f2p is more profitable than subs they will make the switch, can't stay on top forever..it's done well over the years.

WoW is starting to run its course. Whether it's just the natural decline of the game, because of SWTOR or a combination of the two (not to mention other factors), we'll never know. However, one thing is for sure: I WISH WoW THE BEST OF LUCK AND HOPE IT SURVIVES.

Why?

Because I don't want the WoW player base flocking to SWTOR to ruin this game with their childish attitudes, their gimme gimme gimme me-first I'm hardcore cuz I exploit and play 14 hours per day nonsense, their demands that SWTOR become SPACEWOW with addons and all sorts of other crap, etc.

Oh wait....

They're already here.

MOst of the players here has WoW background and thats the target audience that EA is aiming for.

I bet WoW loses more subs to GW2 and Tera than SWtOR does.

TERA is another Aion. The Secret World is also part of the equation and it's offering some of the innovation that so many of the complainers here and elsewhere clamor after and is a chance to see whether they put their money based on how they write and speak. No levels, three factions etc. GW2 might not have much influence because it will have no subscription fee.