64 bit client

Facadas

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yes we need 64 bit i so tired freezing in this game know it not my gaph card or my computer because other game like this run i run and doesn't not freeze they are 64 bit so come on bioware i paid good money for my accout

• 2 weeks later...
Would love a 64-bit client. As a bonus, if they could optimize the game so it doesn't stop rendering (draw to the screen) when loading stuff on the fly, it would increase performance tenfold.

^This!

Yes! Please make a 64-bit client happen. WoW's 64-bit client seems to load much better and, if done right, might help this laggy, jittery client out a lot!

I agree with the above quote too. Having windows open up and stall the entire client for a second feels really clunky. Other games can open windows and keep moving along without such a hitch, why cannot this one?

64-bit sounds great. I have 32GBs of RAM in my PC. Let this game use more than around 2GBs! (which in my own observations is about what it tends to use) And do whatever can be done to smooth out client performance in general!

Edited by ZapperWeisman

it is really beyond my comprehension that you think we should need to ask, i mean in this day and age, and the serious hog resource this game is, there should have already been a 64 bit client, which no doubt would help run this game smoother for everyone or at least I hope it would.

i'd understand the asking if you developed this game in the early 2000's, but as mentioned previously I am stunned that you think you need to ask us do we want a 64 bit client, when it should have been available before launch, with all these serious problems with the game loading twice and causing all kinds of issues.

Yes please give us a 64 bit client and make this game easier on 64 bit systems :)

The only problem that I forsee is when they are relying on DLL's that are built for one platform but not the other - which can cause errors.

This is likely to be the main stumbling block; if the game engine, for example, is available only as a compiled 32-bit library, then there are limits to what can be achieved, because of the work entailed in page shuffling to make sure that all of the data referenced by the engine is within a virtual 2Gb space. That said, it should be possible for Bioware to go back to the owners of the game engine and get them to recompile it as a 64-bit library, although that would probably require renegotiating the license -- which may be why they haven't done it.

I, also, would love to see a 64 bit client available. I would love SW TOR to be able to better balance resources, call on all the cores and the memory that I have installed, etc. Please work on this, as it would be a major Quality of Life upgrade for many of us. :)

Agreed. At the rate content is coming out, the least that could be done to keep this game afloat is to give the remaining players a client that takes advantage of their hardware. Throw us a bone BioWare. We know all your focus is going into the games for the new consoles, but you can't just leave us hanging like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

64bit client? YES please. I never expect from single player games performance update but from MMO where many plp have a subscription plan, it is different case. New content is good, i like it, but smooth playing is important too.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090t

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

8gb RAM Kingstone 1600mhz, CL9x9x9x24

Sapphire HD6950 2gb

Win 7 64bit

Graphic details on high 1920x1080, except Shadows(low) and AA(multisampling 2x through CCC)

Edited by zmajster