Rakata vs Columi

MarineSaunders

Why does it seem like all my defensive stats drop when switching from Columi to Rakata? Am i looking at it wrong?

When I switch it each piece I lose 2-3% in defensive chance and shield chance. I gain alittle more health strength absorb rating and acc, but everything else drops.

Is this how its suppose to be? Is the Rakata better then Columi?

Why does it seem like all my defensive stats drop when switching from Columi to Rakata? Am i looking at it wrong?

When I switch it each piece I lose 2-3% in defensive chance and shield chance. I gain alittle more health strength absorb rating and acc, but everything else drops.

Yea rakata stats are kinda dumb, nothing remodding cant fix.

Rakata Gear Original stat is pure ********,

U Have to remode most of the stuff

And Columi Implant (crited Craft ) same with Ear is better then Rakata

I'm gonna be honest with you, at first I was confused myself at wth stats do I got on my rakata pieces.

Then I started clearing nightmares consistently and gained FULL rakata gear (set, bracers, belt, earpiece, offhand etc) and the stats weren't that terrible anymore.

Defense is lwoer then columi yes, it is even omitted on majority of items but the def chance you got and cosntant +6% from retaliation is enough, also your talented smash and other people abilities lower the accuracy of the mob.

Now what you gain is more armor = more damage reduction and more shield absorption and chance which just flat out lowers the crits the mob deals. Can't remember exact but right now I'm sitting on about 41% dmg reduction form shield and a chance to gain it at 38-39% - that's statistically more then every 3rd attack gets lowered.

Now my damage also increased thanks to surge and I don't need to augment anything to have 100% accuracy.

Also keep in mind def rating got huge diminishes compared to shield and absorb so it's not wise to dumb tons of points in it.

Now someone said here on forums that surge is getting nerfed and this actually worries me since most of the items got this stat ;/

Now someone said here on forums that surge is getting nerfed and this actually worries me since most of the items got this stat ;/

It's both a fix and a nerf.

Surge, at this time, is not subject to diminishing returns, which means you could stack it and nothing else and get ridiculous crit modifiers. It is also getting a 10% decrease in efficiency, pulling it more in line with the other ratings available.

Ive got full rakata now, I and noticed this odd stats as well. It because of the synergy with the T3 tanking relic that drops from the puzzle bosses in EV/Karaaga on hardmode and up. The tanking trinket says:

Equip: Whenever you shield an attack, your absorb rating increases by 345 for 6 seconds. does not stack with similar effects [meaning the shield relic wont give you a whopping 700+ to shield/absorb rating if you use it with this trinket equipped. The relic cancels the effect for the 20 sec duration]

Basically, the rakata set looks like it can shield damage better, something the jugg tank needs compared to the PT (who has an awesome base shield chance). I've noticed the biggest difference doing daily heroics - since my block rate is normally high on these mobs, You can see the trinket proc and the absorbs working to mitigate half if not more of the blocked damage.

So while its tempting to swap mods, you likely wont need to. We finished nightmare karaagas with me as the only tank, and two healers, last night, and it was tense but doable (puzzle boss wiped us way more that last boss, he went down in two tries). I dont think I could have ate the puzzle boss hits (at ten stacks of armor reduction -160%) without the higher absorb rate on my blocks.

It's both a fix and a nerf.

Surge, at this time, is not subject to diminishing returns, which means you could stack it and nothing else and get ridiculous crit modifiers. It is also getting a 10% decrease in efficiency, pulling it more in line with the other ratings available.

It is at this time subject to diminishing returns. However the Diminishing returns are more drastic than other stats and seem to happen later after the bonus.

For example I have about 300 Surge and that gives about a 30% bonus. If i use an adrenal that adds 465 surge it goes to about 42%. So more than doubling surge, for less than half the increase, also known as diminishing returns.

It's just that right now a little surge goes a long way, and then drops off dramatically.

If I stack the same amount of defensive stats I don't get that kind of bonus.

Defense is lwoer then columi yes, it is even omitted on majority of items but the def chance you got and cosntant +6% from retaliation is enough, also your talented smash and other people abilities lower the accuracy of the mob.

Now what you gain is more armor = more damage reduction and more shield absorption and chance which just flat out lowers the crits the mob deals. Can't remember exact but right now I'm sitting on about 41% dmg reduction form shield and a chance to gain it at 38-39% - that's statistically more then every 3rd attack gets lowered.

Two things - +6% from retaliation is all well and good but it depends on the fight. Soa for example - Never ever have retaliation up, never seems to proc from his lovely lightning moves ect. So thats 6% Lost in that fight right there. Its not every boss but there are a few out there where this just doesnt really work at all. (Correct me if Im wrong but I havent once been able to use it against him)

Secondly, the stat upgrades are really.. really.. worthless. I know more +hit = threat but theres only so much a tank needs.. With all of my other items Im getting too much +hit and not enough core defensive stats. Remodding works but 28k per mod to take out or how ever much for something that is suposidly better.. It doesn't make sense.

Armor increase is about 15-20 per piece, not really much tbh. Maybe 0.08-0.1% extra per piece to damage reduction than columi (Not accurate but just a guess from previous experience of comparing items)

All I can say is it needs a bit of a rework.. but yea, remodded a few of the items really to get the defense back up.

Just a bit of a shame that Rataka is like a 8 endurance upgrade. And as for Absorb vs defense, parry/dodge/miss is alot better than absorbing x amount of damage.

Two things - +6% from retaliation is all well and good but it depends on the fight. Soa for example - Never ever have retaliation up, never seems to proc from his lovely lightning moves ect. So thats 6% Lost in that fight right there. Its not every boss but there are a few out there where this just doesnt really work at all. (Correct me if Im wrong but I havent once been able to use it against him)

Secondly, the stat upgrades are really.. really.. worthless. I know more +hit = threat but theres only so much a tank needs.. With all of my other items Im getting too much +hit and not enough core defensive stats. Remodding works but 28k per mod to take out or how ever much for something that is suposidly better.. It doesn't make sense.

Armor increase is about 15-20 per piece, not really much tbh. Maybe 0.08-0.1% extra per piece to damage reduction than columi (Not accurate but just a guess from previous experience of comparing items)

All I can say is it needs a bit of a rework.. but yea, remodded a few of the items really to get the defense back up.

Just a bit of a shame that Rataka is like a 8 endurance upgrade. And as for Absorb vs defense, parry/dodge/miss is alot better than absorbing x amount of damage.

I know man... I know - Soa is easy doesn't need that retaliation a boss might come in the future that needs that 6% and works same as Soa, but I guess we will be buffd by then.

And the def vs shield is just purely on the concept of diminishing - they are huge just test it out, when you are 30% you don't need more and your wasting points there, whereas shield and absorb hit diminishing much slower.

im in full columi gear, with some rakarta gear nor much mind you, have gloves "change the enhancement out on my gloves with a one that have better defensive stats".

and offhand rakata and crafted rakata belt with mod and crafted rakata armguard with mod..... for ear and implants i have the best defensive crafted you can get with mods on them.

im sitting at 19.1k hp unbuffed, 24% parry/deflect chance, 42% shield chance, 44% shield absorb, out of combat.

im not going to use the rakata impants or ear for they are so bad when it comes to defensive stats and so are all the rakata gear out there, yea the rakata gear got more endurance and str. but are you telling me that BW are saying to every tank out there to just forget defensive stats and stack up on HP and just Overheal this fock out of the tanks and thats how they want us to complete operation?

im saying the person that made the rakata gear is just ****ed up, i dont want more damage as a tank i want more surviability, but BW is going at it wrong way if you aks me and thery ****ed up hard, like they ****ed up so many other places in this game and it just shows this game should't have been released so early, they should have waited 6 month.

I troll the GTN all day for mods and enhancements to replace my crap surge ones and I get lucky from time to time, though they each cost about 500k+, or from HM+ drops. Since i've never had money issues I tend to buy them without thinking twice. Edited by KinkyFluff

I dropped the useless accuracy/surge/crit enhancements. Put in defense/shield mods from spare pieces of other Rakata and Columni. Over time everything that is not schematic number 25 will be. With getting certain doubles of Rakata war leader pieces, I can rip good mods out of them and make my tanking set better.

All you need to tank is armor/endurance/shield/defense + the absorb relic.

Edited by OrphanOfDarkness