Sorcerers are OP. This is getting ridiculous.

EscVelocity

Their DPS is fine but they can also keep spamming innervate and dark infusion to full health. Meanwhile classes like BH can't take them down because our heat will get too high even after venting.

If we "interrupt" one healing spell, they'll just cast another that's also under 3 seconds. They don't need to run they can just stand there, heal themselves, and do better dps than you.

There is no pvp situation where you can take a self-healing, descent dps-dishing sorc down 1vs1 unless you're a sorc yourself or you're dueling (maybe).

I absolutely poop on sorcs of any spec. You just have to play with some skill. Bait them into using their CDs and escapes, and when they have nothing left they drop faster than any other class.

If you burn everything right off the bat he'll likely have two bubbles, to incapacitates, a slow, a sprint, and a knockback up. Get him to spend those with reg DPS, then burn him down lik a wet paper sack after.

Wait what?

Telling people to interrupt = Trolling? You serious?

Are you saying you stop interrupting because even if you do they still have other healing spell to cast? NO wonder you lost LOL!

What do you know about Sage/Sorc healing abilities? Which can out heal your dps and which can't?

Which is dangerous and needs to watch out for combo heal or knock them out of their AoE healing area?

What do you know before you start QQ?

Nothing.

OP QQ is getting ridiculous.

no I did not say I don't interrupt. I'm just getting tired of people thinking interrupt is an "iwin" button.

Of course I use interrupt.

But how beneficial is it really when they can just quickly go to the next heal in their rotation?

Let's say I have "Attack 1" and "Attack 2". If I'm casting Attack 1 and you interrupt it, then i can just cast "Attack 2" immediately. Then I can cast "Attack 1" right after "Attack 2". See? Your interrupt didn't do anything but delay your death by 2 seconds. Grats?

Same thing with healing abilities for sorcs.

Edited by EscVelocity

What's truly ridiculous, are all the "nerf sorcerer/sage" threads.

You people should be L-ing 2P, not whining in forums.

I... felt the need to say it again. lol.

I guess learning is more difficult than i realize, for some.

It's probably because people don't really want to play the game. They just want to skip to the "i'm a pvp GOD!!!!!!!!" part.

You'll never be a pvp god, if you have to ask for nerfs along the way.

The problem with interrupting heals is that most heals have completely ambigious names as to their function and if you interrupt say the fast cast weak heal, it literally does nothing. If anything it makes it worse because they just cast their big heal and now you can't possibly interrupt it.

In a purely 1 on 1 situation, only their big deal (I think it's called Dark Infusion, while Dark Heal is the fast heal) heals enough to warrant interrupt. Yes a lot of time you'll see someone cast Innervate and get 50% of their health back, but most likely he used a potion and someone else healed him too.

DING!

Finally someone with a brain.

How do you know they're the team's healer?

They don't have to be playing the role of a healer in order to heal themselves.

Same for Mercs. I see them doing MT constantly and when you chase them down they knock you back and heal themselves, then you're back at the beginning, only you're dead.

My shieldtech Powertech doesn't lose to them either.

Mind you my interrupt is every 8 seconds. Usually by the time they realize their heal didn't finish casting my next interrupt is only 4 seconds away.

Also have cryo grenade so if I really need to I can stop two straight heals and by that time they're already at 1/4 health.

Sorcs aren't OP'd.

Hate to say it because I might sound nuts but I think things are pretty balanced right now.

Their DPS is fine but they can also keep spamming innervate and dark infusion to full health. Meanwhile classes like BH can't take them down because our heat will get too high even after venting.

If we "interrupt" one healing spell, they'll just cast another that's also under 3 seconds. They don't need to run they can just stand there, heal themselves, and do better dps than you.

There is no pvp situation where you can take a self-healing, descent dps-dishing sorc down 1vs1 unless you're a sorc yourself or you're dueling (maybe).

I'm a Pyro Merc BH, and I have no problem with sorcs. Learn to play better, and you will have less problems.

How do you know they're the team's healer?

They don't have to be playing the role of a healer in order to heal themselves.

Same for Mercs. I see them doing MT constantly and when you chase them down they knock you back and heal themselves, then you're back at the beginning, only you're dead.

If the guy isn't speced for healer, you can just overpower him by continue attacking. He's not going to have the talents needed for his heals to actually stop your DPS.

i suggest sticking to pve content or participating in my sage/sorcerer video documentary challenge.

I'm sorc heals, 31 deep.

In 1-49 I could MAYBE keep myself up in a 1v2 situation against 2 DPS but ONLY if they didn't interrupt. And i'd have to use all my coodowns and stims. But it was doable.

In that same 1v2 situation... i'm doing ZERO DPS back to them. FRUCKIN' ZERO!! And I will die in roughly 20 seconds from Force running out.

1v1, I'd be able to keep myself up for a good, GOOD long time..... BUT AGAIN, I'm going almost NOTHING damagewise in return. NOTHING!!!!

At 50, I get bent over by anyone who looks at me cross-eyed. 1v1 doesn't matter, I'm getting CRUSHED. When I get expertise, it'll probably change a little bit, to be more like the old 1v1. I'll live for a good 30-45 seconds.... but i'm not EVER gonna kill that other person.

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!! All the FPStards are complaining that 1v1, a healer won't go down... but you are in a DPS spec... and they are in a healing spec! Idealy, to me, a DPS person 1v1ing a healer will have ZERO net DPS... that's called BALANCE.

Instead, Bioware already threw a -30% healing debuff in for PvP, and the DPS are STILL complaining about heals being "too strong."

"I don't faceroll a sorc healer!!! They can just heal and heal and heal, and I can't just use my normal rotation!!! NERF PLEASE!!!!"

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

You're a Pyro PT, arguably one of the strongest PvP classes right now. I dare say as a DPS spec they outshine both arsenal and pyro mercenaries, people just don't know it yet. No **** a Sorc isn't going to go down if you kick one heal. You have grapple and two stuns on top of that kick; footsies out to 10m and grapple that 2nd cast and stun again, congrats you just kicked three casts in a row. Healers are naturally going to hard to kill when they're good. If they trouble keeping themselves up, how are they supposed to keep the group up.

You're doing something wrong, as the above poster said, the melee jedi classes and scoundrels will wreck a sorc/sage.

Correct that with..Stealth classes wreck sorcs and youll be on the money, Guardians/Juggers and Vanguards/Powertechs have to severely outgear or score some lucky crits when dps specced.

Yeah, I feel for you.. Powertechs need a major buff in the PvP realm. Compared to mercs they are inferior in almost every way when it comes to their DPS specs. I gave up on my powertech pyro because I grew tired of being topped by my other advanced class who stands there and spams tracer missiles.

Is this a joke? Powertech pyro's are one of the BEST pvp classes, they most definitely do not need any kind of buff.

if you dont interrupt or focus fire you deserve to die to sorcs & sages!

Interrupting sounds great on paper until:

KNOCKBACK

FORCE SPEED

LIGHTNING LIGHTNING LIGHTNING WITH SNARE

**interrupts sorc**

SHIELD

KNOCKBACK

**** dead melee class tired of the new frost/bright mages/wizards

It seems like people aren't able to tell the fact that Sorc/Merc, classes with strong AEs, ranged DPS, and CC abilities are probably overpowered in a map like Huttball where all you have to do is knock a melee off a ramp to kill them. Of course they're overpowered in Huttball, because the map is designed to favor all ranged classes greatly. I don't bother attacking a Merc/Sorc on higher ground in Huttball since it takes 20 seconds to find a way up there and there's a 99% chance you'll get tossed immediately. That said, since those classes are pretty dominant in Huttball, you'd normally expect your team to have those guys out and they can have a lightning/missile shootout while the melees work on actually scoring the ball.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd call the class with almost 1 sec animation delay on their knockback OP for that reason. Really I'd complain more about rescue or it's equivalent that lets us pull a non-squishy ball carrier instead of having to receive a pass and insta-die to the other team. Of course it's entirely possible the sorc animation delay is shorter than the sage one, it wouldn't be the only ability where that's the case.

The other thing I realized is that the expertise buff thingie hurts. I got wrecked by some sorc and I was like... how the heck is his gear so much better then mine? Then I realized he'd probably popped trinkets and definitely picked up the red buff thingie. You could also be experiencing that.

Interrupting sounds great on paper until:

KNOCKBACK

FORCE SPEED

LIGHTNING LIGHTNING LIGHTNING WITH SNARE

**interrupts sorc**

SHIELD

KNOCKBACK

**** dead melee class tired of the new frost/bright mages/wizards

Those sorcerors fall over like bowling pins when you finally get close to them. No healing power whatsoever, and a shield barely worth 3k.

Don't start the 31/31/31 spec bullsh*t again.