Are all the "PvP sucks I'm quitting" people new to MMO's?

ZeusThunder

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That then contradicts your previous statement...

As every PVE instance has different players in it too! Get a bad healer = dynamic content according to you? lmao.

You also have very low standards my friend.

I think the problem is that according your definition, there is simply no such thing. DaoC wasn't dynamic. It was just fighting for the same piece of virtual real estate over and over.

The engine is broken... not meant for more than 8 people on the screen unless your running the top notch computers out there... lol

Note: i can run bf3 on medieum/high on multiplayer and ultra on single player... game is a piece of ****. Other than the cool single player and leveling aspect. But thats not really massive multiplayer when its solo questing with the odd 4man

Edited by Ezze

I think the problem is that according your definition, there is simply no such thing. DaoC wasn't dynamic. It was just fighting for the same piece of virtual real estate over and over.

Where's my definition? Oh right, I didn't give one. Fail.

But nice of you to turn up, this thread needs more fanboy, especially a veteran one like yourself!

Inb4: PVP in TOR is perfect guys, just L2Play.

Inb4: instanced gear grinds make for good PVP.

Edited by Jebi

You clearly did not play WoW at release. It had none of the Battle Grounds / Arena's you experience now a days. It only had world pvp.

Maybe you should try reading what you quoted again. Slowly. Ask an adult to help if needed.

Nothing you wrote merits a response. I compared launch WoW with launch SWTOR, which I think is generous given that it is no longer 2004 :rolleyes:

Edited by Pulpp

All that said, I think battlegrounds are the worst thing to happen to ever happen to MMO pvp, so the fact that the only pvp worth playing in this game are warzones doesn't help my opinion of the system.

Battlegrounds are the difference between a sandbox game and one that is not. You should go play Eve if you're looking for true sandbox PvP.

Battlegrounds are the difference between a sandbox game and one that is not. You should go play Eve if you're looking for true sandbox PvP.

So you're saying if they removed SWTOR's 3 minigames it would automatically become a sandbox MMO? :eek:

Edited by Jebi

No, battlegrounds are the reason gear treadmills became the popular way of keeping people playing. When the only functional version of pvp is running the same handful of minigames over and over again, keeping people plugging away at that skinner box is the only way to keep the queues from tanking.

Well, I intend to stick it out for a bit and see what happens. I know software development, especially game development, is no easy task, from experience. But because of that experience, I know that we won't see any drastic changes to the system. They're going to try to expand upon, and improve what's already in place.

SWTOR was designed with a focus on instanced pvp matches. I don't really care for that focus and I'm really not expecting them to turn around and focus on world pvp. But whatev, the rest of the game is enjoyable enough to keep playing and see what develops.

I tried logging on. 3 of us reps (ungrouped) happened into each other at southern and 4 imps jumped us. We were beating them despite the odds (I am a CM), but they /stuck right back into battle. Lame end to rare almost fair fight. :(

I genuinely don't like this game. I can admit that now. Hope it gets better some day but I am out, pre- my sub ending.

Edited by Pulpp

I played star wars galaxies when it first came out and it was engaging and fun. Pvp had no rewards at first, but it felt more worthwhile than the pvp in this game cause it was fun. There was more to do endgame.

I played WoW when it was new and it was fun. World pvp could actually be handled by the servers in big numbers smoothly. The pve content was about equivelant to what the old republic is at launch, but it was considerably less buggy.

Honestly the way the game was designed/run if we even had massive world pvp it would just be a ****** lag fest like Illum. The game needs to be revamped almost completely.

I call people like you arrogant for posting like your opinion is a fact.

I love the pvp in this game, sure it has its faults but the game is not even 3 months old yet.

Granted ive only played EVE online, conan, AO,WO and Wow for 7 years and not 10 years of pvp,. 80% of my 250 member guild and i seem to be entering wz a lot with people who seem to care about it.

I especially find huttball refreshingly original, and expect more in these lines from bioware :)

How was what I quoted opinion, it is fact. The action of pvp itself is fun, everything supporting it is piss poor and if you think otherwise you're blindly defending broken game systems.

requoting myself for clarity:

I'm quitting because the design and implementation of everything supporting pvp is terrible, badly thought out, poorly executed and tacked on.

• ilum v1: destroy vehicles, no pvp involved, became a stand off circle jerk
  • ilum v2: dominant side killing low pop side at spawn point for hours
  • ilum v3: v2 fixed by kill trading and/or pve crate chasing
  • ilum general: ability lag
  • ilum general: abuse of /stuck
  • world pvp: doesnt exist, ilum is not world pvp, its is a pseudo-warzone
  • warzones: unable to queue as full group (would you not expect to be able to group as more than 4 people in an MMO in your 250 member guild)
  • warzones: unable to keep group consistency
  • warzones: matches starting with uneven numbers, bug/exploit allowing extra people on one side
  • warzones: various voidstar door exploits (hiding in door, escaping from start area early)
  • warzones: no sensible way to determine winner when match is drawn
  • warzones: civil war turrets score for empire quicker than republic
  • warzones: unattackable on nodes (turret/ball spawn point) - fixed I believe
  • warzones: inability to choose which match to queue for
  • warzones: being put into matches that are already lost
  • warzones: no deserter handling encourages match quitting
  • warzones: same faction warzone accelerates gear difference between factions
  • general: massive faction imbalance with absolutely no effort put in to avoid it
  • general: speed hacking
  • crafting: biochem compulsory, all other crafting worthless for pvp minded player (perhaps cyber grenades)(this one could be opinion)

And I've not even mentioned anything regarding the gear grind, guaranteed epics and the RNG reward system because it is my opinion that themepark gear grind progression systems are weak sauce.

Now tell me if any of the above are my opinion or just fact.

Edited by Roak

i bet not... you just like whining and crying... but they have planned fixes...especially for ILLUM

How can you fix the none-existent?

It's not as if Ilum has a staggering amount of PvP related themes, things to do, etc. and they're just broken. It just hasn't anything there.

So they'd have to release a ton of content and THEN fix it. They can't even do simple glitch fixes on Ilum, much less the overhaul that the OWPvP needs.

Beyond all this, there's could be NO patch for the faction imbalance on pretty much every server. That's the main problem behind all of this. If that doesn't change then this could be the greatest MMO experience in the World on paper but it will always be a staggering fail.

Strawman.

It has barely any end game and what's there isn't fun. People don't expect the world on release -- but if even the basics aren't there, it's a problem. Even WoW had PLENTY of fun pvp at release (because the combat was engaging, pop was higher, engine could handle it, hubs were located properly) without reward/BGs.

Still, that said, I don't KNOW why people are complaining. This game is 6 months to a year away from having a proper pvp system. If you aren't having fun now, quit, unless you really want to be miserable for the forseeable future :cool:

WoW had PvP at release? Please, tell me more.

Edited by Abiza

But that's just it... most of the "leavers" are the ones who EXPECT this to be "the pvp dream," regardless of the obvious facts that we all had available during development, that would tell anyone with a shred of intellect that this game would not be "said pvp dream."

Unrealistic Expectations.

You "hit the nail on the head," with the "instant-gratification ADHD generation" remark, earlier. People "want what they want, and want it now!" Like a bunch of spoiled children. They don't care, or even notice all the nice little things about the game itself. They just want the perfect star-wars-pvp-dream, and only because the star-wars part is popular right now, because of this game being made.

"people in general" suck WAY more than "this game" ever will.

For proof, see... pretty much ANY other thread in this very forum... or any gaming forum at all, for that matter.

Further, i feel that yes, there is something called "skill," that goes beyond gear, that has everything to do with learning not only your class, but all of them... knowing which abilities to use, or not use, at the right times, and what will be most effective in various situations, and being able to adapt "on the fly," and pull out a victory against someone who may also know how to gain an (non-gear-dependent) advantage. There is skill involved. It's not just "face-rolling." If you're literally slamming your buttons at random and winning, your opposition is clearly either unskilled, ungeared, or both. To deny that knowledge and timing and tactics are anything other than "skill," unnecessarily diminishes the experiences of others, regardless of any opinion to the contrary.

I consider most of you "my peers," and all sharing a sort of common-ground, due to shared interest in mmo-gaming, even particularly the pvp aspects, which i rather enjoy... but i can't stand to see such negativity and immaturity, especially on such a typical, predictable and widespread basis. It's frankly disgusting, to me. I hate that every game i like is filled with people who carry such unappealing and negative attitudes.

Aren't we all here to have fun? I am.

Anyone who isn't, should literally GT*O.

Don't Really see why its so spoiled, when you follow the development of a game and it emphasize various degrees of content, for different groups of interest. Then ofcause you'd exspect it to deliver on some those fronts, and not have you sit wait and pay for it to MAYBE be developed, you have a right as customer to know what your paying for.

You could say if it was TOR policy not to deliver the content for everyone then, they should have picked a direction for the game, rather than try to please everyone its just not a good policy follow, as a customer you should have a right to know what product you purchase, and that it actually delivers on its promises to a realistic degree.

3warzones and Ilum isn't exactly alot of pvp content, most mmo which empathasized of pvp had more at launch.

I won't sit bashing TOR as in many areas i think its a good game, but atm for some of ous who really like pvp, it doesn't deliver any indepths or meaningful pvp outside itemization grinds like minigames.

There little more point to the pvp than what you call instant action entertainment, for console player base fans, maybe its the kill.. omg so fun.. but for a old school pvp'er like me it gets dull faster than i can count to ten.

Edited by Barzarel

the point is there are so many mmo's with better pvp that they could of copied from, but they didnt

Just food for thought here, but I can remember not too far back when everyone was asking BW to NOT copy from other games.

no im not new to mmos. and yes i have unsubbed.

Was talked into trying out this game, by some friends, at first i thought hey this is fun. After 6 weeks of lvling and pvping, over different characters, i began have that "bad taste" everytime i joined a warzone, due to the game being a CC hell.

Plus the fact that the developers are very silent, and cryptic about what they exactly are doing to fix/improve the game.

I’m ROFL all the way reading this mindless garbage and you want to know so far what the problem is not because you’re so elitist because you played WOW for X amount of years and believe in your little childish minds your urber experts and that it is what makes me give a big old grnnnnnnnn.

MMO’s are like new born babies there born and then they Waa Waa Waa and then they Waaa Waa some more then they become a child let me touch the hot stove OOO Its hot WAAA that hurt then after 1 yr. if the child still touches the stove because it is hot and knows it’s going to Waa Waa then guess what it’s a dumb Arse and it is worthless like some who are unsuben because all you are is a bunch of tools who are from wannabe UO WOW with nice pixies on a screen and are really threaten by a brand aka Star Wars that threatens your bunnies and pandas so go back to your Hanna Barbara land and keep believing your uber ponzer with your mommy’s basement no life still a 40 yr. old virgin life.

So in a nutt shell the ones who are complaining and are unsuben please dont have children.

Aces High

7Son

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I’m ROFL all the way reading this mindless garbage and you want to know so far what the problem is not because you’re so elitist because you played WOW for X amount of years and believe in your little childish minds your urber experts and that it is what makes me give a big old grnnnnnnnn.

MMO’s are like new born babies there born and then they Waa Waa Waa and then they Waaa Waa some more then they become a child let me touch the hot stove OOO Its hot WAAA that hurt then after 1 yr. if the child still touches the stove because it is hot and knows it’s going to Waa Waa then guess what it’s a dumb Arse and it is worthless like some who are unsuben because all you are is a bunch of tools who are from wannabe UO WOW with nice pixies on a screen and are really threaten by a brand aka Star Wars that threatens your bunnies and pandas so go back to your Hanna Barbara land and keep believing your uber ponzer with your mommy’s basement no life still a 40 yr. old virgin life.

So in a nutt shell the ones who are complaining and are unsuben please dont have children.

Aces High

7Son

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation