Are all the "PvP sucks I'm quitting" people new to MMO's?

ZeusThunder

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't "inside information" is it? If you are looking for an MMO that feels polished and has more of a "done" feel you start subbing around 12-16 months after release. The logic is similar to why you don't buy a new OS the week after it goes live.

However, if you are willing to put up with the bugs and lack of some features then you sub right away so that you are "better" than the people who subbed after you.

Did you people who are leaving really expect the game to have no major bugs and contain all the content you wanted it to? Are you that naive? Are you that oblivious to how the modern MMO works?

For you people that have friends who are unsubbing because they don't like the game; I feel bad for you, but you should have expected this. No new MMO retains 100% of its subscriber base from day 1. People always leave the first few months after they've determined the game isn't for them.

For you people leaving, I suggest you sub to an MMO that has been live for at least 2 years and don't start playing MMO's as soon as they go live in the future.

For those of you who think GW2 will have everything you want in an MMO, you're in for huge disappointment.

It is the same old music.

I will put up with the game because, as always, I have high hopes that the company will improve the situation.

However I don't think they're going in the right direction because there are issues that need to be solved asap and they're not working on them (as far as I know).

For example, low populated servers and extremely screwed up reb-to-imp ratio.

Bugs are not that important to me and I can put up with those, after all I played SWG for over 3 years and Vanguard.. I really don't mind bugs much :)

But the 12-16 months.. no, that's not true.

Most mmorpgs are dead after 12-16 months, or have a very low population and a thinned Dev team due to low resources.

Besides, I pay a monthly subscription so I would like to enjoy my first 12-16 months.

I'm not looking forward to GW2 or any other mmorpg by the way, in fact I didn't even want to buy SWTOR at first but I followed it during development and I decided to preorder because, in the end, it's a SW game.

But honestly, they have to understand that many good games died because the companies did not handle them properly.. they invested quite some money in this game, so I assume they want to do all they can to make it profitable.. but mmorpgs don't get a second chance, so either they get their priorities straight and start improving this game AND to work on player retention, or SWTOR might end up like many other good games before it did.

the point is there are so many mmo's with better pvp that they could of copied from, but they didnt

Yeah, very true.

Things like Huttball are pretty awesome at first and may be construed as innovative?

But the discussion and 'whining' in the PvP forums should be about class imbalances, sorcs shouldn't do this/ ops should do that etc. There shouldn't be discussions so early as to the fundamental lack of/ broken PvP content.

When people say 'PvP shouldn't be about gear grind!', well what else is it about? What else CAN it be about in this game? And now even that's a joke seeing as you can get your full Champ gear in a week tops by playing super casually :p Having the titles don't mean anything - they don't say I've been a real asset to my faction in this super novic sized galactic duel between the good and evil, light and dark ... probably just traded-kills/ went into a comatose state and ground through broken WZs lol.

For the faction imbalance, why not just allow the underdogs to summon companions in those instances until (or if) it became more balanced?

Couldn't they have picked somewhere much better than Ilum? This game has so many beautiful locations and they have to pick one which has no semblance on the original story? Why would Coruscant have been such a bad idea as the OWPvP climax? The first trailer was about seemingly dozens of Jedi v dozens of Sith in Coruscant. I can't even GO there as a member of the baddies ... so many places rich in lore which may have added dimension to the OWPvP and we get Ilum? where the f- is Ilum?? :p The only thing Ilum will be infamous for is an awfully macabre farming experience and memories of driving around my electric-scooter-speed mount for an hour each day in circles farming munitions that don't count for anything.

This isn't "inside information" is it? If you are looking for an MMO that feels polished and has more of a "done" feel you start subbing around 12-16 months after release. The logic is similar to why you don't buy a new OS the week after it goes live.

However, if you are willing to put up with the bugs and lack of some features then you sub right away so that you are "better" than the people who subbed after you.

Did you people who are leaving really expect the game to have no major bugs and contain all the content you wanted it to? Are you that naive? Are you that oblivious to how the modern MMO works?

For you people that have friends who are unsubbing because they don't like the game; I feel bad for you, but you should have expected this. No new MMO retains 100% of its subscriber base from day 1. People always leave the first few months after they've determined the game isn't for them.

For you people leaving, I suggest you sub to an MMO that has been live for at least 2 years and don't start playing MMO's as soon as they go live in the future.

For those of you who think GW2 will have everything you want in an MMO, you're in for huge disappointment.

I'm not going to quit but the PvP as is sucks. I'm more of a DAoC PvP fan (DAoC is not a sandbox btw)

All but a few of my guild has all ready desubed, wow same old wz just don't do it for us, and Illum/world PvP is lacking in a big way.

My self ill play each of the 4 storys for imp and reb. After that if the world pvp is still in this bad of shape, ill move on. Most likely back to DAoC or uogamers. Just wish some one would make a dam MMO AAA grade for pvpers and see that most pvpers are not wow arena kiddys.

Wow PvP sucked , rift PvP sucked and atm SWTOR PvP sucks. BW look at all the wow clones that fail. Don't be a full on wow clone, at least when it comes to PvP , its fail.

It is the same old music.

I will put up with the game because, as always, I have high hopes that the company will improve the situation.

However I don't think they're going in the right direction because there are issues that need to be solved asap and they're not working on them (as far as I know).

For example, low populated servers and extremely screwed up reb-to-imp ratio.

Bugs are not that important to me and I can put up with those, after all I played SWG for over 3 years and Vanguard.. I really don't mind bugs much :)

But the 12-16 months.. no, that's not true.

Most mmorpgs are dead after 12-16 months, or have a very low population and a thinned Dev team due to low resources.

Besides, I pay a monthly subscription so I would like to enjoy my first 12-16 months.

I'm not looking forward to GW2 or any other mmorpg by the way, in fact I didn't even want to buy SWTOR at first but I followed it during development and I decided to preorder because, in the end, it's a SW game.

But honestly, they have to understand that many good games died because the companies did not handle them properly.. they invested quite some money in this game, so I assume they want to do all they can to make it profitable.. but mmorpgs don't get a second chance, so either they get their priorities straight and start improving this game AND to work on player retention, or SWTOR might end up like many other good games before it did.

The problem is, is that they will have thrown all their resources (or very much of them) into Ilum. You can't just think 'ok, well that sucked ... we'll go with Plan B'. There IS no plan B :p

The biggest problem by far is the faction imbalance. It seems to be on nearly every server and that's what'll kill the game fastest and there are NO patches to fix that. There can't be.

I love posts like this....

So... as you're here on the forums, you must hate the game, too?

Not to mention, SOE used that "vast majority of the players is happy and therefore they are in game playing, not on the forums whining, the whiners are the minority" clever line when they released the NGE and we all know how wrong they were.

The problem is, is that they will have thrown all their resources (or very much of them) into Ilum. You can't just think 'ok, well that sucked ... we'll go with Plan B'. There IS no plan B :p

The biggest problem by far is the faction imbalance. It seems to be on nearly every server and that's what'll kill the game fastest and there are NO patches to fix that. There can't be.

Faction switching ;)

They'll have to put a timer on it, but it's the only solution unless we believe in fairy tales and think thousands of new customers will purchase the game and everyone of them will roll republic.

From a "lore" point of view it makes sense: Jedi turns to the dark side, Sith finds redemption, Commando goes rogue (BH), Imp Agent goes privateer (smuggler) and so on.

I would admit I'd hate it to "lose" my BH to go Commando because I love being a bounty hunter, but it would still be better than nothing.

People who like the game will pay and log in on the game and play

People who don't like the game will pay and log on the forums and whine

Working as intended

This needs to be at the top of every thread ever posted, just as a reminder.

Faction switching ;)

They'll have to put a timer on it, but it's the only solution unless we believe in fairy tales and think thousands of new customers will purchase the game and everyone of them will roll republic.

From a "lore" point of view it makes sense: Jedi turns to the dark side, Sith finds redemption, Commando goes rogue (BH), Imp Agent goes privateer (smuggler) and so on.

I would admit I'd hate it to "lose" my BH to go Commando because I love being a bounty hunter, but it would still be better than nothing.

I don't need paid faction switching. I'd re-roll brand new from empire to republic tonight on a better server if I could bring a few million credits and my legacy lvl 20 with me. I don't care about the legacy name, but I want the lvl.

I don't need paid faction switching. I'd re-roll brand new from empire to republic tonight on a better server if I could bring a few million credits and my legacy lvl 20 with me. I don't care about the legacy name, but I want the lvl.

I didn't say paid, I meant free switching, but perhaps with a time limit to prevent people from hopping faction everyday.

Here is my 2 cents on how I feel about Starwars the Old Republic and how they are doing things.

First of all before I bash on all the crap Swtor has done in these recent updates, I wish to say that they have a beautiful game and something that could be promising if and when they start listening to there players and stop thinking on what to do to ruin it for them.

1st: There was so many glitchs and bugs to achieve your dailys and weeklys that made it so easy for lvl 50's to get there gear and pass valor around to reach end game gear.

2nd: SWTOR decides to stop that and allow those players who have achieved Battlemaster Gear + lvl 65 valor to stay where they are and reduce the chances of any new comer to come close to this gear. - I am included in that bunch.

Commenting on 2nd: "Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced. Battlemaster bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations." This is a quote from the patch notes...

Seriously... *** are you thinking! You are making it harder to achieve any expertise in Champion wise gear and what? Giving us centurion gear easier so we can have pos gear to fight battlemaster rank players.

Ok lets imagine I have offically hit lvl 60 valor. Same crap happens again. Now i can get my champion gear 2 times as fast even tho I wish to have battlemaster??? Before it was like 3/5 bags would give you a full champion gear which in turn costs 64+ some lower some higher in accomdations for them. You would gain over 150+ accomidations for opening 3/5 bags if you calcuated the item value.

Now you would only get Champion accomdations at 7 a piece and 15 centurium bs... Which means out of 5 bags x 7... 35 Champion accomidations... THEY HAVE MADE IT 5X HARDER TO ACHIEVE ANY FUTURE GEAR THAN EVER....

The bastards who have all battlemaster now can kick your *** for 5x the length of which you could have achieved your gear which was already somewhat long as it was.

Swtor this is my advice to you. Allow players who reach lvl 50 to achieve there gear quicker and faster to battlemaster because of all the faults you gave those players the chance to achieve there gear so quickly.

Instead wait a month to have everyone have that gear and screw those who have achieved that gear already through cheating. Once its been established then press on to grant a higher level standard or bring a more difficult gear to attain that would be monitored from the beginning before implimenting it.

If what I am saying doesnt make sense to you then hit lvl 50 with no expertise gear at all and see how long would it take you now to achieve any gear vs those who are already in battlemaster.

+ all these glitching and bugs and clipping and *** is going on here... I have never seen more cheating in my entire life than Counter strike's wall hacking.

Your allowing players with over dominant gear to **** those who are interrested in playing this game fully. I believe I am decent at pvp but this gear difference is flipping rediclous. I can do every combo perfectly on someone with battlemaster gear and he can just sit there taking it and at 50% hp decide to turn around and pretty much 3-4 shot me.

I just cant wait to see swtor's customer support delete my post because they believe I am wrong and wont let others see what we are all dealing with.

Gl to you all who have just gotten to lvl 50. Ill see you guys at endgame gear in 3 months. When before it was achievable in 1 week.

Cookie cutter pvp, in a cookie cutter MMO.

For me its, old, tired, and no longer worth my $15.

This

I am going to go back to Rift. its pvp and classes are more original than this peice of garbage. I cannot believe with the budget and time they had to make this game how much of a steaming pile it is. EA strikes again.

Good luck to any who havent smelt the roses yet, ill see you all no doubt in Terra or GW2

But rather about gear and I agree with some on here I have seen the videos and heard about valor trading and wz trading that its ridiculous.... How are you going to implement something that ****s everyone yet rewards those who have cheated to get to the top first.....because we all know how most of them have gotten there. They have taken advantage of every single glitch in the game. does that mean they have skill. NOO. GW did it better pvp was all about skill in that game....

Example: ranged is kiting class, always was always has been. can you kite in this game no, pvp a tank class in this game and he is jumping to you literally every 3 secs so where is the kite....and ranged class dont get any kind of good kiting skills whatsoever.

I look at it this way My 50 commando should be able to stand toe to toe with any other out there in full champ gear, however i notice that so many classes can perma stun you and such.... so after my sub runs out i think im leaving.....

Find another schmuck to replace me and keep him for 2 months.....he will leave also cause your not catering to your players once again.

I am new to MMOs, and I'm not quitting. But let me clarify: I never went into this game thinking, "boy, I hope the PvP is awesome."

Almost every article I read about the game pre-release pretty much touted the game as a new KOTOR. Some even equated it to several new KOTORs combined. Basically my understanding was this was going to be an MMO for people who don't like MMOs, with the majority of the content being solo/cooperative. On that front I think the game delivered brilliantly.

That said, if I had started the game with the mindset it was going to be PvP friendly I would be very upset and I can't blame anyone for quitting at this point. The PvP is lackluster and broken at best. If this is acceptable for MMOs at this point (I have no frame of reference) then I actually pity fans of the genre.

For now I'm content with splitting my time with seeing what the other classes have to offer for storylines, raiding, and occasionally jumping into some PvP. I just hope when I feel like I'm done with the other content the PvP has evolved enough to keep my interest. Otherwise I can't justify the monthly cost either.

Think about it, if they had to quit because they hate the PvP, would they really have been useful allies?

Of course they would if the pvp was reasonably playable.

If you are a good poker player, would you sit at a table and play with exploiters?

Or with marked cards?

Or with a crappy dealer?

Edited by Krondorf