Raiding in SWTOR is like fighting against Biowares bugs not bosses

Or, you could not know a damn thing about what you're talking about. Defeated Soa tonight. His bugs were annoying. I didn't cry, I fought through it and won. They'll fix it. I'm not a quitter.

If someone wants to quit, I'll gladly take their stuff, they don't deserve it anyway.

Should bioware fix the bugs? Of course! Should people act like whiney brats about it? I know what you think..and now you know what I think.

For me the problem is every patch is more pvp fixes and not a single mention of any pve fixes.

Here's a bug every melee knows: if a mob stuns you, then you get knocked back you MUST relog. You are left floating in the air unable to loot, use an ability, or even talk to a mob you just get the error message "Another action is in progress".

I reported it in beta. I reported it at release. I reported it when we started raiding. I haven't played since 1.1.1 was released and 1.1.2 came out and I raided today. the first trash pull inside Karraga's palace... have to relog. It was cute in beta, it was annoying at release. It's just completely negligent almost two months later.

BUT I've never had it happen in PvP. If it were recreated in PvP I bet it would be fixed in a hotfix.

AND my favorite one. The chest loot was fixed, yay maybe master looter will work. Hardmode Bonethrasher... no Rakata, no Columni. Back to the old style of FFA looting.

AND apparently the weekly now gives 20 tokens. I wouldn't know, given my weekly isn't done despite having cleared HM KP.

Edited by BALORINA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guess what next week your gonna do the same again... and again... till the point where it gonna annoy you. gratz to your soa kill. im doing soa nightmare since a few weeks and yes it starts to get annoying, because you basically one-shot everything except soa.

I understand the pain. I also understand that this thread will do ONE thing. Inform them that the bug is happening. It did that on page one. The rest of it is twaddle and hot air.

For me the problem is every patch is more pvp fixes and not a single mention of any pve fixes.

Here's a bug every melee knows: if a mob stuns you, then you get knocked back you MUST relog. You are left floating in the air unable to loot, use an ability, or even talk to a mob you just get the error message "Another action is in progress".

I reported it in beta. I reported it at release. I reported it when we started raiding. I haven't played since 1.1.1 was released and 1.1.2 came out and I raided today. the first trash pull inside Karraga's palace... have to relog. It was cute in beta, it was annoying at release. It's just completely negligent almost two months later.

BUT I've never had it happen in PvP. If it were recreated in PvP I bet it would be fixed in a hotfix.

AND my favorite one. The chest loot was fixed, yay maybe master looter will work. Hardmode Bonethrasher... no Rakata, no Columni. Back to the old style of FFA looting.

The floating bug, is annoying. There are work arounds...that is not sufficient..I understand.

The thing that happened with Soa, his random aggro swapping is annoying. In nightmare it is triply so. They'll FIX IT. I can wait...some people can't.

About PVP vs PVE fixes, I've read every set of patch notes. They spread their fixes around the board. Just because this was a PVP fix that caused this doesn't mean that "they only fix pvp bugs"

The floating bug can sometimes be beeten by an on the ball sage healer. There is just enough time between the start of transition and the jump down to cast rescue.

Basicaly Just target the floating party member stand near the inner edge of the ring and as he comes within 30m rescue. If he is too low on health to make the jump down pop a benevolance. Should bring him up enough for the first jump. Then is needed a bit of rejuvinate before the second jump. Should still be enough time to pop salvation after the second jump and heal the party from the falling damage.

The floating bug can sometimes be beeten by an on the ball sage healer. There is just enough time between the start of transition and the jump down to cast rescue.

Basicaly Just target the floating party member stand near the inner edge of the ring and as he comes within 30m rescue. If he is too low on health to make the jump down pop a benevolance. Should bring him up enough for the first jump. Then is needed a bit of rejuvinate before the second jump. Should still be enough time to pop salvation after the second jump and heal the party from the falling damage.

You're talking about something different. The one I am talking about is easily recreated by any mob that stuns you. Jump when it stuns you, you will be stuck in the animation unable to do anything. It also happens when you are knocked back while stunned. It also happens if you jump while being knocked back. There are mobs (like the ones in Karraga's Palace) that take care of both for you, one mob will stun you the other will knock you back.

We had three people get hit by it today on Bonethrasher. It's fun when you can't continue because your healer used to play a druid in WoW and incessantly hits his spacebar.

About PVP vs PVE fixes, I've read every set of patch notes. They spread their fixes around the board. Just because this was a PVP fix that caused this doesn't mean that "they only fix pvp bugs"

The same bugs that were there when I started raiding are all still there. I can't think of one bug I've discovered in raiding that has actually been fixed. Actually, that's incorrect. New ones appeared. Gharj summons an island, and then the path to that island is completely wrong.

And, of course, for PvP balance, as an assassin I had to get nerfed. So our standard strat of me throwing on dark charge and tanking Jarg while our tank is frozen went out the window... for PvP reasons. So I get two repair bills as he eats my face. something that hasn't happened any other time we've killed it until the 100 force charge change.

Edited by BALORINA

You're talking about something different. The one I am talking about is easily recreated by any mob that stuns you. Jump when it stuns you, you will be stuck in the animation unable to do anything. It also happens when you are knocked back while stunned. It also happens if you jump while being knocked back. There are mobs (like the ones in Karraga's Palace) that take care of both for you, one mob will stun you the other will knock you back.

We had three people get hit by it today on Bonethrasher. It's fun when you can't continue because your healer used to play a druid in WoW and incessantly hits his spacebar.

The same bugs that were there when I started raiding are all still there. I can't think of one bug I've discovered in raiding that has actually been fixed. Actually, that's incorrect. New ones appeared. Gharj summons an island, and then the path to that island is completely wrong.

And, of course, for PvP balance, as an assassin I had to get nerfed. So our standard strat of me throwing on dark charge and tanking Jarg while our tank is frozen went out the window... for PvP reasons. So I get two repair bills as he eats my face. something that hasn't happened any other time we've killed it until the 100 force charge change.

Sorry to hear your strat was destroyed by a change. Change your strat. More than one way to skin a cat and all that.

I understand your frustration, and I feel it as well. However I know for a fact that some bugs are harder to fix than others. If you think that they are just twiddling their thumbs and ignoring important issues, you're absolutely wrong.

Bounty hunters used to not b e able to progress their story. HUGE bug. Fixed. It was hard to fix, it took a while. All I'm saying is people are ready to jump out of windows over bugs that appeared on a patch that happened 24 hours ago. Give them some time, they're only human!

At molten cores release no such thing as spellpower existed on any epic item. All epics were +stats. In fact as far as I remember spellpower was not even in the game.

That's not true, it existed but was very rare on items outside MC drops and even there items had very small amounts of it. You're right though that the itemization was somewhat strange at that time.

Sorry to hear your strat was destroyed by a change. Change your strat. More than one way to skin a cat and all that.

I understand your frustration, and I feel it as well. However I know for a fact that some bugs are harder to fix than others. If you think that they are just twiddling their thumbs and ignoring important issues, you're absolutely wrong.

Bounty hunters used to not b e able to progress their story. HUGE bug. Fixed. It was hard to fix, it took a while. All I'm saying is people are ready to jump out of windows over bugs that appeared on a patch that happened 24 hours ago. Give them some time, they're only human!

The game came out December 19th? It's February 10th. I'm complaining about bugs that have been there FROM BEFORE THE START. Patience can only wear so thin before people abandon ship, and I know quite a lot of people that are almost there.

The game came out December 19th? It's February 10th. I'm complaining about bugs that have been there FROM BEFORE THE START. Patience can only wear so thin before people abandon ship, and I know quite a lot of people that are almost there.

I have gotten the "You can not do that while moving" bug where you are stuck in an animation, can still move, can still attack but cannot channel any abilities. I do not get it "All the time" I'm going into a KP tomorrow though, and we'll see what happens, maybe you're right.

All I know is that we have never wiped on Bonethrasher because of that bug happening. Do they need to fix that bug? YES! Will they? Most certainly. If you feel your 15 dollars a month entitles you to go down there to austin and crack the whip...that is the difference between you and I.

I'll take the changes when they come. In fact, I remember that bug being in beta. It happened about a hundred times as often, in my experience. Seems like they DID do something about it, but it is a big problem, and they are still trying to patch it down.

All I know is that I am not a programmer of any type, and I don't claim to be. So I'll let the professionals do their job. Everyone else seems to just want to go all emo about how Bioware are big meanies that don't do exactly what they want.

You are very naive.

So you say we should be happy and bursting with joy cose it took them 2 months to fix BH and few other bugs?

What did they fix in these 2 months? You cant name 5 of them!

Dont speak you "know for fact that some bugs are harder to fix" and all that BH crap you mentioned up, this is 2012, they have company with huge amount of resources and they decided support for MMO shouldnt be priority, this is not single player game that you can release and not work on it.

Why do i think they dont care about MMO? Proof is all around you, noone talking to community, almost non existant fixes, it feels like this is some single player game that developers decided to abandon and move to other project, they only left few ppl so that it appears they are working on something...

M.

It's been a joke in our guild for several weeks.

Pylons were hyper amusing.

Now our tank almost crit his pants with SOA resetting aggro bug.

On a side note. Yesterday, I was boosting guildies in Cademimu, and some mobs are still evading. Almost 2 months and not fixed.

Lots of misinformation in this post. Hey, I'm bored so here goes.

Molten core was hard because of the itemization not because it was hard.

Actually, the itemization wasn't that bad. People remember the green plate +spirit armor while leveling up and seemingly just make up stuff on the spot. Raid tier armor was pretty well itemized. The only real changes to raid itemization was the warrior Might set (T1) some 2 months after launch. The set was extremely good for DPS warriors and they turned around and it made it into tank gear. More than a few warriors in my guild were displeased.

The mechanics were not hard, the freaking mage set with only int and spirit, and all the other useless items were why it was hard. The other hard part was finding 40 people you could trust to not be morons. When they made items actually usefull it became incredibly easy.

Molten Core mechanics back in 2004 and very early 2005 were actually pretty challenging. Why? Because many of the boss mechanics seen in that raid were never seen before in any other MMORPG. Raiders migrating from EQ mostly knew boss mechanics that involved pulling & splitting mobs (via Monks/SKs), Mez/CC control, tank & spanks, CH rotations, your PC screen dying whenever the boss used AoE Flash, and tank swapping. Also take into consideration that WoW is a much faster paced game than the EQ era of MMOs and you'll realize why it took even the best guilds in vanilla WoW 4+ months to fully clear MC.

In contrast, nearly every single one of SWTOR's operation boss mechanics (save the Droid in KP) have been seen in some shape or form. Raiders migrating from WoW have long been conditioned to avoid standing in fire, moving out of the raid when they have a plague/bomb debuff, interrupting the boss on rotation, killing/avoiding adds, not get hit by cleaves, etc. It's simply to the point that it's not challenging.

Also, the Mage tier sets never had any spellpower on them until TBC and beyond. Mages gained all of their spellpower mainly from their mainhand (Spellblade from Golemagg, Staff from another MC boss) and trinket slots. In fact, MC held one of the two infamous spellpower trinkets (the other from ZG) that ultimately got Mages the nerfbat.

And master loot was totally broken at that point, we all used FFA loot and trusted no ninja looters would be there because it did not function at all.

We used master loot starting back in December 2004 with 40man UBRS raids. We never had an issue and continued using it all the way into WoTLK. While I never really ran into any problems with it, I do recall a thread on the RnD forums about Master Loot not locking the drops and players could just shift click loot all of the items. Not nearly as bad as SWTOR's version, where Master Looter straight up eats all of your loot.

At molten cores release no such thing as spellpower existed on any epic item. All epics were +stats. In fact as far as I remember spellpower was not even in the game.

Completely untrue. See above.

All in all, it's pretty disheartening to see how buggy SWTOR's endgame is even after 2 months. If your internal raid testing team needs help then for the love of god, give us PTR premades or just allow us to copy our characters, remove the operation lockouts and let us help you fix it.

Edited by Exertim

You are very naive.

So you say we should be happy and bursting with joy cose it took them 2 months to fix BH and few other bugs?

What did they fix in these 2 months? You cant name 5 of them!

Dont speak you "know for fact that some bugs are harder to fix" and all that BH crap you mentioned up, this is 2012, they have company with huge amount of resources and they decided support for MMO shouldnt be priority, this is not single player game that you can release and not work on it.

Why do i think they dont care about MMO? Proof is all around you, noone talking to community, almost non existant fixes, it feels like this is some single player game that developers decided to abandon and move to other project, they only left few ppl so that it appears they are working on something...

M.

Thank you very much for showing what you do not know. Allow me to show you to the information you desire:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Have fun reading. Also, try the developer tracker. It has all of the nice yellow posts that they make all there for you to read. You can see every little thing they say to us on the forums. The knowledge is all around you, but if you want to just spit venom at bioware go right ahead.

Also, if you think its so easy fill out an application and join their team. You think the developers like a few hundred thousand backseat drivers telling them how to do their job and in what order?

I know I wouldn't.

While I am in the "good ol' MMO launches." camp and will deal with it, I wanna say something:

1. SWTOR had the smoothest launch ever of any MMO! Stop complaining!

This isnt true, DC universe online propably had the smoothest launch ever (doesnt change the fact that the game is bad due to content design)

Also, SWTOR isnt anywhere near as bad as certain MMOs. For instance star trek online launch was silly, the servers were barely up 40% of the time during the first days. :D

3. I havent experienced any bugs. you are trolling or bad. STOP TROLLIN AND/OR BEING BAD!

Then you don't do any endgame content. The HM flashpoints are buggy and can be (have been) mostly dealt with, the operations are ridiculously buggy. Ive never done an instance as buggy as the normal mode eternity vault.

4. Just be thankful SWTOR has an endgame! WoW didnt have raids for like a year or somethin.

Yeah, Im all for this. One year from now I will talk with my guildies on teamspeak about the EV and we will have a good laugh. :p

Actually, the itemization wasn't that bad. People remember the green plate +spirit armor while leveling up and seemingly just make up stuff on the spot. Raid tier armor was pretty well itemized. The only real changes to raid itemization was the warrior Might set (T1) some 2 months after launch. The set was extremely good for DPS warriors and they turned around and it made it into tank gear. More than a few warriors in my guild were displeased.

yes the itemization was bad at least on t0 level there were druid set parts with +strength +agility +int +spirit +stamina, warrior t0 pieces with spirit on them (wasnt changed after spirit regen was removed after the beta), paladin set parts with + strength (even on t1 + t2). and the "best" items were those with +xx heal on them due to downranking spells and spaming them. I saw paladins in a mix of cloth + leather + chain + plate gear cause +heal wasnt really present on set items till t3 (t2 had +dmg and healing which wasnt effective compared to raw +heal).

Molten Core mechanics back in 2004 and very early 2005 were actually pretty challenging. Why? Because many of the boss mechanics seen in that raid were never seen before in any other MMORPG. Raiders migrating from EQ mostly knew boss mechanics that involved pulling & splitting mobs (via Monks/SKs), Mez/CC control, tank & spanks, CH rotations, your PC screen dying whenever the boss used AoE Flash, and tank swapping. Also take into consideration that WoW is a much faster paced game than the EQ era of MMOs and you'll realize why it took even the best guilds in vanilla WoW 4+ months to fully clear MC.

no molten core mechanics werent that challenging. the main aspect why molten core took such a long time was gear, be it set items or fire resistance items. if i remember correctly u got 2settokens/boss in a 40man raid + 2 random items.

In contrast, nearly every single one of SWTOR's operation boss mechanics (save the Droid in KP) have been seen in some shape or form. Raiders migrating from WoW have long been conditioned to avoid standing in fire, moving out of the raid when they have a plague/bomb debuff, interrupting the boss on rotation, killing/avoiding adds, not get hit by cleaves, etc. It's simply to the point that it's not challenging.

u are right about that, but i still say its the first content, so let them get some expierience and lets wait till march what will happen.

Also, the Mage tier sets never had any spellpower on them until TBC and beyond. Mages gained all of their spellpower mainly from their mainhand (Spellblade from Golemagg, Staff from another MC boss) and trinket slots. In fact, MC held one of the two infamous spellpower trinkets (the other from ZG) that ultimately got Mages the nerfbat.

well it wanst called spellpower (spellpower was introduced with the end of tbc) it was called "+dmg on spells" or something like that and t2 had some +dmg on spells and the t2,5set had lots of it if i remember correctly. some random items in bwl were actually bis a long time cause they had way more +dmg on them than the tierset... the helmet + staff + cloak of nefarian come to my mind.

Edited by flowqz

Thank you very much for showing what you do not know. Allow me to show you to the information you desire:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Have fun reading. Also, try the developer tracker. It has all of the nice yellow posts that they make all there for you to read. You can see every little thing they say to us on the forums. The knowledge is all around you, but if you want to just spit venom at bioware go right ahead.

Also, if you think its so easy fill out an application and join their team. You think the developers like a few hundred thousand backseat drivers telling them how to do their job and in what order?

I know I wouldn't.

Like i said, you are naive.

You see all that patch notes and think they did something.. you really think they fixed something important? They can write what ever they want on their posts saying which bugs they will fix and what they already fixed, it is all cosmetics, the stuff that matters is not documented, stuff like end game which is important is not important to them, they are not fixing that, they even dont have end game.

Vault is not end game, its just one flashpoint with 5 bosses, only difference is you need 8/16 ppl and not 4. hard mode/nightmare mode?

They do no exist! I can make 10 more nightmare modes, i just change dmg multiplier on the boss and say: "here, we got you one more new mode for those extra hardcore raiders".

You need new mechanics not just to change dmg of boss.

Patch notes? Do you read them? Do you know what they mean?

Do you know that they fixed "Combat Ability Responsiveness" in this last patch? No sry, i the patch before that. Umm.. sry, patch before that, yea, thats the first time they said they fixed it, and it still isnt fixed, they do not fix thing, there are no patch notes, like i said, do not be naive.

If nothing changes in next few weeks they will start loosing more and more ppl, ppl will just play games that are not broken. Then maybe check swtor in few months to see if something changed, but its shame that after such good start they start loosing ppl.

M.

yes the itemization was bad at least on t0 level there were druid set parts with +strength +agility +int +spirit +stamina, warrior t0 pieces with spirit on them (wasnt changed after spirit regen was removed after the beta), paladin set parts with + strength (even on t1 + t2). and the "best" items were those with +xx heal on them due to downranking spells and spaming them. I saw paladins in a mix of cloth + leather + chain + plate gear cause +heal wasnt really present on set items till t3 (t2 had +dmg and healing which wasnt effective compared to raw +heal).

Ok yeah, no denying that the dungeon sets were pretty horrible for most classes (the upgraded dungeon sets that were added later on were much better itemized). Paladins were an anomaly though; it's like Blizzard had no idea what they wanted that class to do. End result is as you said: Holy Paladins wearing a mixture of cloth and leather until their gear was itemized correctly (something that wasn't done until BWL, possibly later).

no molten core mechanics werent that challenging. the main aspect why molten core took such a long time was gear, be it set items or fire resistance items. if i remember correctly u got 2settokens/boss in a 40man raid + 2 random items.

WHile I still think that some MC mechanics were challenging during their time (Ragnaros and Baron Geddon mostly), I agree entirely on the gear aspect; I still remember getting some buff from a mind controlled mob in LBRS for fire resistance for Ragnaros (on top of fire resist pots and fire resist gear). I honestly think that some form of a timesink would have served this game well. Instead you have people getting fully geared in Columi on fresh 50s within a week or two of reaching the level.

Giving people gear makes them feel great about it, but you have to realize that SWTOR is one of "those" MMORPGs when it comes to endgame; when players reach and eat the carrot that you have dangling in front of them, they'll eventually get bored and quit; most will quit temporarily until new content arrives, some quit permanently. Eitherway, it's a loss of money for Bioware eitherway.

well it wanst called spellpower (spellpower was introduced with the end of tbc) it was called "+dmg on spells" or something like that and t2 had some +dmg on spells and the t2,5set had lots of it if i remember correctly. some random items in bwl were actually bis a long time cause they had way more +dmg on them than the tierset... the helmet + staff + cloak of nefarian come to my mind.

I completely forgot about the AQ 2.5 set pieces, lol. Good times back in vanilla WoW but yeah, I don't want to derail this thread any further.

We got no loot after spending an hour exiting area on puzzle boss because it kept bugging. Consoles becoming unclickable, wheel not turning, etc. Last week it was 4 bosses that didnt drop loot, those tickets are still open, one person even was told "The raids you have participated in are working correctly and assigning loot." What kind of bad customer service is that?

My guild deals with these bugs on every single week in ops, and Bioware says to be patient. We do understand that it takes time, but how long must we wait? We're reaching the 2 month period here, and any person who takes the time to raid, doesn't want to wipe due to bugs several hours a week regardless of how well they perform.

Can the instances be done? Yes. Are they enjoyable while exiting area due to bugs half the night? No. It really takes the fun out. By the end of the raid, you have players who can only talk about how frustrating the op was, and have no sense of satisfaction or accomplishment. It's a tough pill to swallow, and not one we want to keep being subjected to taking with every dose of Ops raiding.

Please please please put the ops bugs on your high priority To-Do list. If you need more specific details on the bugs still being encountered, I am sure we can provide you with any specifics you require from our end. Thanks.

The SOA fight is rediculously bugged. We went in and one shot every encounter in EV hm Tuesday night, and bugged attempts on SOA for a couple hours. Then last night we one shot every encounter in KP hm, except the fabricator as we had to learn the different mechanics to the flame jets, and even that fight only took two attempts. Back to Soa once Karraga was down and another 2+ hours of wiping to bugs. We will be skipping that fight and forgoing our Rakata chest pieces until Bioware fixes this problem.

Did EV yesterday:

1) wipe on Gharj - as always he jump and nothing heppens, island in lava dont getting flooded, new island not spawning, and when finally new island apper all goes flooded by lava and killing all

2) wipe on Soa - random agro, flying tank(should be incapsulate into mind trap but just fly around like the ball)

3) wipe again on Soa, after second mind trap on main tank - Soa respawn at the begining

Edited by -Quantum-

not much else to say. anyone else raiding knows what i'm talking about, bugs upon bugs upon bugs. half the time raiding tonight was spent fighting bugs, and wiping due to bugs, it's really pathetic, fix your **** bioware.

This is very true, there is more skill required to dodge the bugs than to complete the boss mechanics.

Thanks for playing, if you're on Prophecy of the Five go ahead and send me a PM, I'd love to have your stuff if you're going to run away because of bugs in a video game. :D

No, I'm not on your server and I already gave away my stuff.

Grats on your Soa kill. We killed him last week in NMM 16 man our first week in trying nightmare mode. Encountered bugs on Annihilation Droid and Soa, so the night took WAY longer than it should have. We had to kill Soa on our 2nd raid night which cut down on our time in Karagga's.

This week after the patch we couldn't get past PYLONS because they weren't clickable, even after resetting 4 times. So it was backwards progression because of... bugs! Cut the raid group to 8 man for the next night and they put 5 attempts on NMM Soa because of... bugs! They called it after that. Waste of time.

Two weeks ago same thing, we also had to reset 3-4 times before pylons would be clickable. We also had a couple people die taking the taxi, which had supposedly been fixed. Not a big one, but pretty funny that it was still in game.

The week before that, we had Soa bug out about 4 times before we killed him. Including invisible lightning and missing floor. (We almost got him on the missing floor attempt.)

The week before that, we our first 16man Soa (decided to bump our group up from 8man) and he dropped NO loot. No purple glow coming from his body. At all. For anyone in the raid.

By the way, there were patches each of those weeks. Some of these issues were addressed. Some of them introduced more bugs. Honestly, it's the Pylon boss bug that is the most annoying. We've tried "fixing" it with a variety of methods from stuff we've read on the forums, but the fact is, it changes every week.

We're not "running away" from bugs. We don't want to pay a company for their incompetence.

We got no loot after spending an hour exiting area on puzzle boss because it kept bugging. Consoles becoming unclickable, wheel not turning, etc. Last week it was 4 bosses that didnt drop loot, those tickets are still open, one person even was told "The raids you have participated in are working correctly and assigning loot." What kind of bad customer service is that?

My guild deals with these bugs on every single week in ops, and Bioware says to be patient. We do understand that it takes time, but how long must we wait? We're reaching the 2 month period here, and any person who takes the time to raid, doesn't want to wipe due to bugs several hours a week regardless of how well they perform.

Can the instances be done? Yes. Are they enjoyable while exiting area due to bugs half the night? No. It really takes the fun out. By the end of the raid, you have players who can only talk about how frustrating the op was, and have no sense of satisfaction or accomplishment. It's a tough pill to swallow, and not one we want to keep being subjected to taking with every dose of Ops raiding.

Please please please put the ops bugs on your high priority To-Do list. If you need more specific details on the bugs still being encountered, I am sure we can provide you with any specifics you require from our end. Thanks.

This pretty much encapsulates how our group felt two weeks ago. We hit the unsubscribe time this week with the pylon bugs. Really sad about it because we wanted the game to work out. But the bottom line is, it's not fun.

Yeah the Ops bugs are a little out of control atm. If I was working at BIO I might seriously wait on undoing or moding those UI changes and pull my teams off new content for a bit and have everyone focus on fixing some of the end game content. Your end game raiders are whats going to keep this game going for years. I mean really after so many bugs I almost think well I might just level my alts and get them all full Tier 2 gear before any of these bugs are fixed and I really only play 3 days a week.

Might pick up my Rift and keep playing 2 games since swtor doesn't seem to have the chops yet.

Rift might not be the best game but one thing they can do is admit when the make a mistake and fix it. No BS like oh that shouldn't have been in the patch notes, or oh we thought it worked. In one of the last big patches they had they released a new dungeon the crowning jewel of that dungeon the last boss was broken. About 3 hours after it came out the had posts and an ingame message that came up when you logged in "This boss is currently offline while we work on a few bugs we didn't see while testing" While it sucked not getting to see him for a few days spending hours upon hours trying to kill him as bugged would have been worse. Innovation and accountability from that DEV team has really spoiled me for what I look for in a game.

It's a good thing I have an awesome guild here and I love a ton of what Bio has done. The game is fun, it has great questing all the way to level cap, pvp is coming around, things can get better. But I look at the DEV tracker and dont see a single response about SOA since the patch, or any posts today and I think to myself whats the use in having community managers and people watching the forums if you cant even post a simple hey we are looking at it it's not working as intended, Fixing Ops has become priority one.

Edited by bbates

No, I'm not on your server and I already gave away my stuff.

Grats on your Soa kill. We killed him last week in NMM 16 man our first week in trying nightmare mode. Encountered bugs on Annihilation Droid and Soa, so the night took WAY longer than it should have. We had to kill Soa on our 2nd raid night which cut down on our time in Karagga's.

This week after the patch we couldn't get past PYLONS because they weren't clickable, even after resetting 4 times. So it was backwards progression because of... bugs! Cut the raid group to 8 man for the next night and they put 5 attempts on NMM Soa because of... bugs! They called it after that. Waste of time.

Two weeks ago same thing, we also had to reset 3-4 times before pylons would be clickable. We also had a couple people die taking the taxi, which had supposedly been fixed. Not a big one, but pretty funny that it was still in game.

The week before that, we had Soa bug out about 4 times before we killed him. Including invisible lightning and missing floor. (We almost got him on the missing floor attempt.)

The week before that, we our first 16man Soa (decided to bump our group up from 8man) and he dropped NO loot. No purple glow coming from his body. At all. For anyone in the raid.

By the way, there were patches each of those weeks. Some of these issues were addressed. Some of them introduced more bugs. Honestly, it's the Pylon boss bug that is the most annoying. We've tried "fixing" it with a variety of methods from stuff we've read on the forums, but the fact is, it changes every week.

We're not "running away" from bugs. We don't want to pay a company for their incompetence.

I bet if your guild put together their subscription money and saved it up for a year or two you could start your own game company, and then you could do better, right?

Also, I have encountered about 1/5th the bugs you have. I've encountered Soas random aggro. We overcame it. We encountered bugs with Gharj...which actually made the fight easier. I've encountered the pylons bug. We reset the instance and it was fixed.

I'm not sure what server you're on, or if it even matters...but my operations time in normal and hard modes hasn't been anything like yours. We've encountered bugs, but every one screams about earth shattering problems. I'm not seeing them. I'm seeing problems, which all game codes have.

Sorry to hear they are worse on your end. Guess that is all I can say.