Switch advanced class...

OldMarmy

Will we ever be able to respec our advanced class? I want to switch from operative to sniper...

Probably not. To use WoW as an example, that would be like switching from a rogue to a hunter. They are two distinct classes.

Probably not. To use WoW as an example, that would be like switching from a rogue to a hunter. They are two distinct classes.

Except that this would be easily done in SWTOR as long as your main class doesn't change. Its just a value in a database that determines your advanced class.

Except that this would be easily done in SWTOR as long as your main class doesn't change. Its just a value in a database that determines your advanced class.

Same class...

Same story line...

Same companinos...

Same class... (oh I said that already...)

Non issue... :)

It's a non-issue technically, but your choice of AC should be a meaningful specialization. I hope they don't allow it.

Why not? I really don't have a lot of time to play, but I would enjoy flipping over to the other spec without having to roll another character and go through the same storyline again...

It's a non-issue technically, but your choice of AC should be a meaningful specialization. I hope they don't allow it.

I agree.

It's one thing to allow respecs its another to allow all out class changes.

I understand your issue...i won't roll an assassin now bc I have a sorc and wouldnt level a sniper (even though i want one) bc i have leveled an OP.

I still will say...No to AC reroll! Unless you have to pay $$ for it and it has a multiple month cooldown.

I agree.

It's one thing to allow respecs its another to allow all out class changes.

I understand your issue...i won't roll an assassin now bc I have a sorc and wouldnt level a sniper (even though i want one) bc i have leveled an OP.

I still will say...No to AC reroll! Unless you have to pay $$ for it and it has a multiple month cooldown.

I actually would pay... but for what reason? Why not have people be able to flip between classes? How would it harm you if I switched? Not being smart.. Just trying to understand why you are against the idea...

Why not? I really don't have a lot of time to play, but I would enjoy flipping over to the other spec without having to roll another character and go through the same storyline again...

I'm on the fence on this issue myself, but perhaps try a Gunslinger Smuggler in the meantime? That way you're not playing through the same stuff twice.

The whole idea of an advanced class is that is it just that: A class.

An advanced class isn't a spec. It's a class. Regardless of whether they both started as a Agent, they branch into two completely different classes and it would be exactly like switching from a rouge to a hunter (to use the above example).

I'm all for respec'ing and dual spec as it allows for PVP and PVE specs, as well as making soloing more enjoyable as a healer. Changing your class is a whole different thing though, and shouldn't be allowed.

so you basically just want to flip flop to whatever one is the flavor of the month class. hey it says make your choice you cant change. make new toon problem solved. simply logout and login with the other. real hard stuff i know

I actually would pay... but for what reason? Why not have people be able to flip between classes? How would it harm you if I switched? Not being smart.. Just trying to understand why you are against the idea...

It doesn't hurt me in any easily discernible way, but as I said - I think your specialization should be meaningful. The only way to make it meaningful is to make it permanent.

The Republic and Imperial classes are mirrors of ane another, so if you want to try your other specialization without enduring the same story, try rolling the mirror version of it.

You paying for powerlevelling doesn't hurt me either, but I think lvl 50 should mean something. It should mean you're an experienced player. Being a lvl 50 sniper should mean you've got 40 levels of experience playing a sniper.

I did a bunch of research and reading about what my two AC's were, before I picked mine, to make sure I'd enjoy it.

Another reason why AC respec would hurt other snipers:

On my server, snipers are rare, I hardly ever see another. When operatives where deemed OP in PVP everyone leveled one.

Now I have worked hard at figuring out how to play my sniper, and have the levels of experience to prove it.

Now all the operatives who are bored with their PVP or heals decide they will respec sniper, my class is no longer a premium and it will become harder for me to find groups and ops to play with. Why should I lose out on these spots to players who are inexperienced?

Playing a sniper is nothing like playing an op, and they should remain seperated.

I understand the appeal to be able to play a hunter/mage, rogue, and healer with one level up. But that defeats the purpose of a MMO, and and especially this one. They have made it clear alts will play a huge part in this game, and giving you options to play 50% of classic MMO classes with 1 character hurts them as well.

Guys, the reason why he wants to switch is because Operative is underpowered and outclassed atm.

Ignoring how debatable that is, even if it was true, the thing about MMOs is that they are constantly being balanced and rebalanced. Giving people the chance to switch ACs every time they don't like a change made to their chosen class is bunk.

Picking a class should have permanence. You aren't picking a character for a fighting game, you're picking a character to inhabit for days and days of playing time. Put some thought into your decision, then make it.

If they make a change to your class you don't like, take a deep breath, keep calm and carry on. These things are in flux.

Probably not. TOR is using an outdated game model in that respect. Trion really set a new bar with Rift. I'd love to see it here, but I doubt it will happen. That's a shame to, as it opens up whole new worlds of possibilities for the roles you can play in raids. Edited by Akash

Will we ever be able to respec our advanced class? I want to switch from operative to sniper...

no. It was talked about by Zeoller in beta. They changed the way the AC selection is to what it is not to bumbass proof it, it is 100% final.

It is not just a simple change, your advanced class is your CLASS, not a talent spec.