Giving a grace period for STAR WARS: The Old Republic

GregZeschuk

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered yesterday from amazon when a new batch became available. Mine was shipped today,will arrive tomorrow,and I cancelled that wal-mart mess. I also will try to play tonight. Thank you.

That's awesome to hear, and yet, a bit messed up. I ordered the CE the day it was available on Amazon, and mine still hasn't shipped.

~S

Dang! I was having so much fun showing that video of a certain german furor during the 3rd reich(sp?) crying over no grace period. good times.

This was the 100% Correct decision from bioware, they met as close to the "Middle" as they could with their exec's and their customers.

Because grace period would also give pre-order people a chance to not pay-in-full until 2 days after launch if they ust put $5 on the table at gamestop or something.

But then CE people had the whole shipping fiasco, then our fans overseas, shipping times are rough.

WTB Teleportation devices.

Bravo Bioware for making this desicion. Thank you. And Thank you for sorting out availability of the game. Amazon was only going to get the game to me on 2nd Jan, but now I'm expected to get it on 20th Dec - Im from Africa..... Bravo

how do you did that? im still waiting for it between dec 29 and jan 4

Amazon came through! I just received this email today:

And check out the delivery date: Dec 16...tomorrow. I am a member of Amazon Prime, so I had 2-day shipping. Big thanks and kudos to Stephen Reid and the others who've played a role in making this happen.

It's great they finally are shipping your orders. I wish like heck that Walmart would do the same for us.

They do listen. All those haters can relax now.

Yeah, it only took hundreds of us contacting the Better Business Bureau to get them to do it. Here's the letter I got back after sending the complaint to the BBB.

Greetings XXXX,

Thank you for contacting us; we have received your email regarding your disappointment in not having a grace-period within our game launch parameters.

We have had a lot of feedback on having a grace-period for players, who do not receive their game codes on or before December 20th 2011.

We have fed this back to our management team, and we are now extremely happy to announce that we will be adding a grace period for players

This means that everyone who pre-ordered and is in the Early Game Access program has forty-eight hours from launch in which to enter their product registration code, which will be found inside the physical Standard and Collector's Editions of the game; for digital editions of the game from Origin.com, the registration code will have been emailed to you after December 16th and will arrive before December 19th at 11:59PM EST.

We advise all players to enter their game codes as early as possible and we apologize for not having this grace-period in place sooner.

If there is anything further we can help you with please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Galactic Support is our specialty…

Ben Gibson,

Alpha Squadron,

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service.

Regardless, nice job EA for actually doing something to make up for your mistake. It takes a bigger person to own up to mistakes than to just ignore their customers.

What happens if you don't redeem your code until after the grace period? Are you just unable to play until you register your game and set up a subscription, or do your EGA characters get deleted? I made two characters during EGA, but I'm going to be out of the country for a couple of weeks, and won't be back until January, and I really don't want to lose them.

Thankyou for this and sorting out the early shipping with Amazon etc. It will mean little to no downtime now for the vast majority, even in the red zone :)

Well there will be a slight downtime for me XD.

I will be there on launch day, but my wife wont let me open my CE until Christmas :o

Sigh that sucks people in Aus don't get there hard copy's from Amazon till the 30th of Dec

Yeah. What sucks more is the early access period being defeatist once all regions can play the game (unknown at this point, at least January or later), screwing up queue times again and having the racist bigots come out again with 'well maybe we should all Brazilians on a server...'

Even with the fastest shipping option from amazon i doubt it will reach australia in 2 days

thanks for implementing a grace period but its not long enough for me i am still looking at not being able to play is there some way i can forward my amazon shipping details to bioware support so you can see i didnt cancel my preorder and extend my grace period?

Same here. I am thinking of cancelling Amazon order and ordering digital copy. This begs the question is the Origin store accepting paymets from Australia?

Kodo