Guardians/Juggernauts Need a Serious Buff

Mrcookjr

I'm going to start by saying that I have only gotten my guardian up to level 40. I've done PvE tanking, which I think is fine up to this point and I also have seriously tried to get in to PvP.

On that note is where we need to address how crappy Guardians/Juggernauts are. I can't speak for Marauders but as the "Beefy" class in the game you would think that we should do some serious damage and take a beating up close. Consulars/Inquisitors get a shield that protects them for 30 secs but we get nothing close to that. Sabre Ward just isn't a good comparison. You have really no choice but to leap into combat and get gang busted while every other class in the game is sitting back trying to be not noticed and DPS like they are in a raid.

You have really no choice but to leap into combat and get gang busted while every other class in the game is sitting back trying to be not noticed and DPS like they are in a raid.

Not gonna lie secretly when I don't have any raids to plunder I hop into a WZ and pretend Im healing a tank from a pillar

It's a tank class. They are not supposed to do big damage. If you want to hit things hard, roll a dps class.

Have you played as a sorc? Without a shield they'd be dead in 2 secs, they are that squishy.

Except they suck at tanking badly. So the question is: What can they do if they can't tank and dps for crap?

As a the best geared tank on Krayt Dragon server.. you sir are either crazy or trollin.. we absolutely do not need a buff in the slightest. Maybe even a slight nerf.. I can solo all dungeons up to directive 7 with my healing companion out and that's only cause I need 2 clickers for bulwark so yea.. we are kinda broke but no one notices it thankfully. I'd recommend upgrading your gear and looking more in depth at the talent tree's if you are tanking the Immortal tree has some significant buffs for our damage reduction.. I can tell you that at level 50 I can tank through a bosses enrage on 8 man nightmare mode no problem.. it's helped us down nightmare Soa a couple of times. It's just learning how to combine the different skills. For the DPS aspects you REALLY have to pay attention to the tree cause they hide some nifty abilities in there.

Agree with some of the others. They do not need buffed. Reason they are tanks and can take massive damage so to balance do lower DPS.

It is like the healers. They have low DPS but can last just as long as any tank can. DPS classes on the other hand do high DPS but would die very fast if attempted to tank.

None of this addresses the fact that the JG/SJ is the lowest damage tank of any of the tank specs, and has the disadvantage of being effectively entirely melee based.

And yeah, I have level 50 high PvP ranked JG with almost entirely Champion gear, so I'm not some scrub here.

Do we have some awesome? Sure. Do we need some tweaks? Absolutely.

I'm going to start by saying that I have only gotten my guardian up to level 40. I've done PvE tanking, which I think is fine up to this point and I also have seriously tried to get in to PvP.

On that note is where we need to address how crappy Guardians/Juggernauts are. I can't speak for Marauders but as the "Beefy" class in the game you would think that we should do some serious damage and take a beating up close. Consulars/Inquisitors get a shield that protects them for 30 secs but we get nothing close to that. Sabre Ward just isn't a good comparison. You have really no choice but to leap into combat and get gang busted while every other class in the game is sitting back trying to be not noticed and DPS like they are in a raid.

what? my jugg is level 30 in quest gear, and i can take 2-3 people wailing on me while popping cooldowns for 10-15 seconds before i die unsupported... my advice to you is to learn how to rotate your cooldowns. they are how you mitigate damage... tanks are not there to deal damage but spam our snare, and keep enemies off our allies, and GUARDING healers! be suprised how fast a healer will start healing you if you put guard on them and support them.

sorry a tank cant deal damage and have high survivability to that would make them BROKEN!

It's a tank class. They are not supposed to do big damage. If you want to hit things hard, roll a dps class.

Have you played as a sorc? Without a shield they'd be dead in 2 secs, they are that squishy.

There are only 2-[[TWO]] dps classes in each faction. How is this class a "tank" class and assassins, vanguards, etc, aren't? How are mercs, sorcs, etc able to do good dps when they should be considered "healing" classes by your vague definition?

Guardians/Juggernauts are classes with one tanking tree and TWO dps trees. If tanking was the core of the class they would have would at least have two tanking trees or no DPS tree at all.

None of this addresses the fact that the JG/SJ is the lowest damage tank of any of the tank specs, and has the disadvantage of being effectively entirely melee based.

And yeah, I have level 50 high PvP ranked JG with almost entirely Champion gear, so I'm not some scrub here.

Do we have some awesome? Sure. Do we need some tweaks? Absolutely.

You have the most mobility of any tank. It evens out.

There are only 2-[[TWO]] dps classes in each faction. How is this class a "tank" class and assassins, vanguards, etc, aren't? How are mercs, sorcs, etc able to do good dps when they should be considered "healing" classes by your vague definition?

Guardians/Juggernauts are classes with one tanking tree and TWO dps trees. If tanking was the core of the class they would have would at least have two tanking trees or no DPS tree at all.

Yes it has 2 DPS class but you are NOT taking into account you have heavy armor not medium or light.

Guardians/juggernauts are probably the worst classes in the game for pve. 2nd worse for pvp right in front of gunslinger/sniper. Vanguards/Powertech and Shadow/Assassin are better tanks and every other class is better DPS. Not to mention BW went with the typical MMO approach of giving melee dps such a disadvantage in boss fights. le sigh

Yes it has 2 DPS class but you are NOT taking into account you have heavy armor not medium or light.

So? What does armor have to do with anything? If your a dps spec in a jugg you can still die quick regardless of whatever armor you got.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Id be waiting until i was 50 in some decent gear before i started making comparisons between classes. Melee is always more difficult in MMO's.. there are reasons that go beyond buff and nerf for that, they are also the most rewarding when played well and with good team work. This time around i wanted to play a ranged DPS because i didnt want the stress of melee. If you really dont like having to charge into certain death playing a tank is not for you.

Guardians/Juggs are THE BEST pvp support class in the game right now, if you aren't getting nearly every medal imaginable in WZs right now you're doing something wrong. Pretty much every Imp BM farm team on my realm has a pocket Juggernaut and they always have 11-13 medals every single match.

Id be waiting until i was 50 in some decent gear before i started making comparisons between classes. Melee is always more difficult in MMO's.. there are reasons that go beyond buff and nerf for that, they are also the most rewarding when played well and with good team work. This time around i wanted to play a ranged DPS because i didnt want the stress of melee. If you really dont like having to charge into certain death playing a tank is not for you.

A well armored tank should take more damage. Juggernaut is more like a Warden from Lotro: not taking enough damage or doing enough to offset the ease with which dps classes slash through them. The difference in damage dealt between a warrior and a jugg is clearly apparent. The difference in resistance is negligable.

Edited by Comfterbilly