Jedahs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Include Grav Round.

Nothing new that people don't already know about.

It's at the point now where I, as a Sniper, simply run away from DPS Commandos and Mercs. Oh, sure I can interrupt that one ability...But the combination of heavy armor, basically more damage than the supposedly highest-single target DPS in the game AND more mobility is just insane.

there is no collison detection in ToR so...

lets all roll up a commando/merc. Goto Ilum. all stand in 1 square foot with 30 peeps. It will be like fully assembled voltron turret of doom with multiple simultaneous targeting system.

you don't really need to play either, just take a lesson from Homer and get one of them pecking bird toys to press "1" repeatedly.

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

Concussion missile /dance

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

Include Grav Round.

It's at the point now where I, as a Sniper, simply run away from DPS Commandos and Mercs. Oh, sure I can interrupt that one ability...But the combination of heavy armor, basically more damage than the supposedly highest-single target DPS in the game AND more mobility is just insane.

Really? A Gunnery Commando has mobility?

Edited by Cruxe

Include Grav Round.

What is the "supposedly highest-single target DPS in the game" and is that based on your assumption or can you link me to something by BW stating that one specific AC should do the most damage?

Also, what mobility to mercs / commandos have?

Heavy armour is a limited advantage too. My jugg wears a full suit of light armour (social stuff) and loses very little damage mitigation by doing so.

2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

Edit: Sorry guys! Didn't see I Alt-Tab'd out of the game while I was in Huttball on my Merc.

:D

Edited by Kryptorchid

What is the "supposedly highest-single target DPS in the game" and is that based on your assumption or can you link me to something by BW stating that one specific AC should do the most damage?

Also, what mobility to mercs / commandos have?

Heavy armour is a limited advantage too. My jugg wears a full suit of light armour (social stuff) and loses very little damage mitigation by doing so.

He's talking about Sniper/Gunslinger. They are meant to be the apex of ranged DPS although I can't find anything official.

And I know Commando has no mobility, but he has to effectively route himself to use his bread and butter abilities.

He's talking about Sniper/Gunslinger. They are meant to be the apex of ranged DPS although I can't find anything official.

And I know Commando has no mobility, but he has to effectively route himself to use his bread and butter abilities.

Then it's pure conjecture. "I think my class should do the most damage so nerf bounty hunters" isn't a valkid reason to change game balance.

I was under the impression that BW wanted to keep all DPS specs within 5% DPS of each other.

A commando has the opposite of mobility - he sits there using induction & channel abilities, unable to move.

So are you seriously pvp in light armors? on your Jugg

Yes I do, but in the 10-49 queue atm.

Before you claim that heavy armour makes a huge difference please test it.

Get a piece of light, medium and heavy armour for the same slot with the same rating and compare the armour amount (and the damage reduction % when you equip it).

Yes I do, but in the 10-49 queue atm.

Before you claim that heavy armour makes a huge difference please test it.

Get a piece of light, medium and heavy armour for the same slot with the same rating and compare the armour amount (and the damage reduction % when you equip it).

The difference is noticeable when every % counts and you're being targeted by more than one player. Otherwise, why pick talents that negate 2%-3% incoming dmg. It all adds up in the long run, with everything put together.

I was under the impression that BW wanted to keep all DPS specs within 5% DPS of each other.

You're thinking of Blizzard. Even with all the years of practice they've had balancing classes they still can't achieve this goal. If you think Bioware is going to get it right on the first try, you're dreaming. The difference is without a combat log, players have no way to test or verify.