Am I the only Scoundrel that is still happy with my class?

Zarthorn

Sir, that is a load of poppycock. Only very skilled Sage/Sorc outheal me on WZ, and then not more than by 10 k. Straighten your hands out or reroll Sage

One person with interrupt can shut down single target sawbone heals. Good for you for spamming aoe hots in warzones.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao, did you ever tried pvping before the nurf with a certain amount of expertise gear ? We were definitly OP. Oh wait, it's normal to destroy other players in seconds in your opinion.

Keep in mind that I never said other classes are balanced. Haven't tried out the scrapper build lately cause i'm buzy healing in hardmode operations, but from what i've seen in pvp it looks they toned us down nicely :p

I still can get 3K shoot first and back blasts as a sawbone and upwards to 90-100K damage and 150-200K healing on a good match.

Congratulations on having Expertise Gear! What does that have to do with Scoundrel being OP?

Don't answer - I'll tell you.

It has everything to do with it. Next?

I still like the class but pug warzones are painful with zerg style ops mates that don't set me up to drop some enemies and help them overwhelm others. At that point, my options are - go find a fight somewhere else (that might be the same), hit and run at 30m range and maybe kite some off an objective without burning cooldowns, sit and wait for the next zerger to die in record time, or try to roll one over with a string of crits. Which works less and less, our shotgun announces that a scoundrel is around. Our lvl 48 AoE announces its coming with the logo.

Running with guildies with voice chat I rarely am disappointed, however. We rally up when the chips are down and do some sick stuff.

Edited by vartius

I think most people expected the WoW Rogue and being able to run around out of stealth stunlocking everything to death.

What they actually got was the DaoC Infiltrator, insanely good at taking out marked targets, reliant on getting the opener to get the job done.

Being that I used to play a RR10 Infiltrator, I absolutely fell in love with the class for giving me that feeling back and knowing...

Death for a wannabie Palpatine is only a Shoot first away xD

rogues dont stunlock, havent since wotlk. they were turned into stealth utility + burst dps that is dependant on combo points, not openers.

Basically, they are the equivalent to the shadow/assassin class. Not the scoundrel.

Congratulations on having Expertise Gear! What does that have to do with Scoundrel being OP?

Don't answer - I'll tell you.

It has everything to do with it. Next?

Maybe you should go back to your one trick pony theory... that one was cooler.

If you roll dirty fighting why didn't you just make a sniper then you'd never have to be in melee range (don't need upper hands)?

Backstab spec is still viable.

However sawbones is worse than trash in PVP and dirty fighting is ostensibly far better on gunslinger/sniper than it is on scoundrel

Let's also not forget the fact that the imperial equivalent of dirty kick DOES not require stopping to balance on one *********** leg.

Thats cool and all ... but thats if i wanted to play imp.. and I don't as far as gunslingers and snipers, Cool for them, and the hundreds of them that there is, in my guild I'm used and abused for my utility and dps, like i said.. If someone know's w.t.f they are doing as a dirty fighter they'll be fine, throw a pistol whip here and there to activate pugnacity and all if good, for those who like 1 button line-ups and love to spam buttons then complain DF sucks .. they should chose something else.. as far as my utility well as a i said I'm used and abused, I'm a back- up heals i got my b-rez, so healers don't have to break from heals, and i got a few interrupts.. once again its a l2p issue or more or less just research.

I'm still happy too. Though some additional utility (like sprint, knockback ...) wouldn't hurt to make us more viable in huttball or to catch up with the runners.

I agree with this view. Enjoying the game a lot.

Tested the early stages of the other classes and this is the most fun imo.

That said I really only pvp. feel very useful as sawbones in voidstar and ubber in civil war, great map lots of scenery to los/kite attackers while keeping up teammates. Huttball makes it clear u bring no special utilities, and healing the ball carrier usual puts you in a very open position limiting the tricks i normally rely on.

scoundrel is great for dps...GREAT. sawbones is broken atm to keep up with the sage. maybe we weren't made for healing. we still have heals as we dps. atm that's what it is.

stay scrapper and dps mobs/peeps brains out.

training wheels as sawbones and a dead end.

scoundrel is great for dps...GREAT. sawbones is broken atm to keep up with the sage. maybe we weren't made for healing. we still have heals as we dps. atm that's what it is.

stay scrapper and dps mobs/peeps brains out.

training wheels as sawbones and a dead end.

Maybe... lets try to think outside the small box everybody is living it... maybe the sawbone isn't there to be compared with the sage. I admit, the sage atm is OP, but i dont feel like my sawbone is useless, i can heal ops/pvp/HM's fine. Takes some effort, but i can handle it.

I played Scrapper from 10-50, and I still do. The only nerf that really hurt the class was to our armor penetration, which made fights with heavy armor classes a lot more difficult. But it's still manageable, and our class is still great.

Sawbones on the other hand...

No

It seems this thread is full of doom and gloom, how we got gutted, etc...

But I really don't get it...nor do I understand where people are coming from either.

My Scoundrel is still Scrapper spec, still able to solo most even con 2 man heroics and the occasional 4 man, I'm still a huge threat in PvP and usually work with friends to get the most out of my target elimination attempts.

Prior to my Scoundrel, I played a Guardian to 50 and geared out in Champ, only gave up playing my Guardian because quite simply, Guardians are nothing more than a handicapped Vanguard if they try to tank (this is well known and they cannot even tank certain Operations bosses because they are very melee unfriendly)

But yea, still enjoying my Scoundrel, still doing well for myself in PvE and PvP and still happy to call it my favorite class.

no. I love scoundrels. Han solo with invisibility and a shotgun cannot be beaten, especially by some smelly blue backstabbin' scumbag.

I love my Scoundrel more than any other class hands down. You can never beat the stealth utility you bring in PvP by planting bombs in Voidstar and stealth capping turrets. As has been pointed out many times, if you expect to jump into a groups of Imps and do tons of damage then roll another class like a Vangaurd, or roll a ranged class and just AoE all day. However, if you are the kind of person that likes to keep picking people off who stray from their group like a wolf then be a Scoundrel. I personally have images in my head of kids rage quitting and throwing their keyboards against walls when I keep killing them and capping their defended areas.

You have a talent tree called "Dirty Fighting" and "Scrapper" figure out the names and use them as such. Play dirty, be sneaky, and be the jerk that everyone wants to focus fire on because you are insanely irritating.

Yeah the stealth cap is a blast.

My backup plan is to snare bomb then kite the defenders away if they find me too. Dodge and Disappearing act if under ~50%. Open range up near line of sight cover to bait them further away. Line of sight if they bite, stun and run back to other side of cover and keeping the dots rotting at max range. The pressure isn't pretty but gets some results.

Edited by vartius

It seems this thread is full of doom and gloom, how we got gutted, etc...

But I really don't get it...nor do I understand where people are coming from either.

My Scoundrel is still Scrapper spec, still able to solo most even con 2 man heroics and the occasional 4 man, I'm still a huge threat in PvP and usually work with friends to get the most out of my target elimination attempts.

Prior to my Scoundrel, I played a Guardian to 50 and geared out in Champ, only gave up playing my Guardian because quite simply, Guardians are nothing more than a handicapped Vanguard if they try to tank (this is well known and they cannot even tank certain Operations bosses because they are very melee unfriendly)

But yea, still enjoying my Scoundrel, still doing well for myself in PvE and PvP and still happy to call it my favorite class.

Just a guess: Your Scoundrel is not 50. Its a much better class until you reach max level and are dealing with PvP-geared opponents and DPS-intensive operations.

I'd wager most Scoundrels are happy until 50.

Edited by DunsparrowSolo

I'd wager most Scoundrels are happy until 50.

I'd say, about 3\4 of current players base ARE happy until 50. :D

Yet it's not about scoundrells... Personally I don't care for end-game. It's just pity that such a cool story-base may turn itno dull daily-valor stuff. I'm fed up with It at WoW's, thanx. So unless they'll do more story content.....I'll go get ME1-2-3, I guess...Or roll a "mirror class" (IA). And then - go and get ME 1-2-3. :o

...and again.

59 shadow here

almost 61 scoundrel too. (scrapper)

I play scoundrel more, cause it's more fun than shadow. I hit geared people hard. I steamroll new-comers. And I lack some sustained dps and gap closers. (which I rly request from BW). I hate when there are 3+ tracer missles spammers, I don't mind 1 or 2.

It's still hard to kill a healing sorc solo - but that goes to every class I guess.

It's a great class. Learn to play it. Gear it up. Enjoy.

If you roll dirty fighting why didn't you just make a sniper then you'd never have to be in melee range (don't need upper hands)?

Backstab spec is still viable.

However sawbones is worse than trash in PVP and dirty fighting is ostensibly far better on gunslinger/sniper than it is on scoundrel

Let's also not forget the fact that the imperial equivalent of dirty kick DOES not require stopping to balance on one *********** leg.

Dirty fighting is awkward, but viable. Still needs some work. As for the scrapper tree it got hurt but mainly you now have 2 points you can put into other things, like say endurance?

Scrapper and scoundrel in general still needs work mainly in giving us more more utility to round us out. Or, in my continued opinion, moving the scoundrel to a mid range attacker.

As for Sawbones being useless? I had a marauder and a sorcerer on me and I was out healing them both...until defense screen gave out. Still had one sorcerer on the run while solo defending a door in voidstar though.

Speaking strictly from a pvp perspective I'm unhappy with the fact that were basically useless as dps now. However I find our hybrid healing spec to be extremely strong and underutilized atm. It provides a lot of durability and basically unlimited energy. Unfortunately its the only viable pvp spec atm right now if u really wanna be an asset to ur team. U can go around as scrapper picking off undergeared scrubs but that's not adding much to the win.

I think most people expected the WoW Rogue and being able to run around out of stealth stunlocking everything to death.

What they actually got was the DaoC Infiltrator, insanely good at taking out marked targets, reliant on getting the opener to get the job done.

Being that I used to play a RR10 Infiltrator, I absolutely fell in love with the class for giving me that feeling back and knowing...

Death for a wannabie Palpatine is only a Shoot first away xD

I played a minstrel myself but had an assasin as well.

Truth be told though, a buffed assasin would 1 shoot any class, or well, in their 3, 4 opener combo.

The nerf to the burst of scoundrel was too hard, they should either nerfed the arp from flechette or shoot first, not both.

With a vanguard in champ gear, popping some adrenal you do 5k crits on your high impact bolts, at max ok but still. Add in assault plastique and wearing heavy armor and being able to reset this alot.

Most people that find scoundrels rock didnt play other dps classes or even a tank dps spec.

I see an operative on my vanguard and i just see a "free kill". Before the nerf it was an "oomph" moment.

The arp only really affected operatives and scoundrels way to deal with heavy armored targets.

I rolled a scoundrel myself to check, after the nerf. And its a cool class and I really like it.

But truth be told, that so called "punch" and burst, is no where to be seen. Sure you can hit rather hard, but marginally harder then some ranged do.

There are multiple ways they could deal with this.

I think one would be to increase sucker punch damage by around 15%, or, add it to the underdog talent so you recieve 30% crit damage to it, that alone would make the sustained damage better.

There is so little tweaking thats necessary to get it spot on, but the earlier blanket nerf was too hard.

Seriously, how many operatives and scoundrels do you see out there today?

Maybe 1 per 5 games in warzones. That should say something.

Walking around in full champion or battlemaster gear and thinking you are kick arse is a deulded idea since most classes are rather powerful in that gear vs ungeared opponents.

I perform much better with my vanguard in 1vs1 or 1vs2 in a tank/dps spec, and do more damage to my opponents in such a fight, then a scoundrel can do. And I just think thats a little wrong.

On the other hand I dont believe increasing shoot first damage is the key, the class lacks sustained damage, and to be honest, there is only one ability that needs to be changed for this to take place: Sucker punch and the equivalent from operative.

Sucker punch with flying fists, is 5 talent points to invest.

1 for sucker punch, and 4 for flying fists.

Now first, the 50% chance to proc flying fists atleast in my experience, ir more like 20-30% tops, Im certain there is a bug in there cause it procs very seldom for a 50% ability, and then, when it procs, it has a 10 second cooldown.

Remove the cooldown for flying fists, make the talent 50%/100% instead of 25%/50% and add a 15% damage bonus to sucker punch, OR, let it be part of the underdog talent, and you will have great sustained damage on this class.

Thats all thats needed in my humble opinoin.

I hear scoundrels and operatives saying: but look at this crit dude: But this is after they popped a power adrenal together with a crit/surge relic and having picked up the expertise buff in a warzone. Come on...a jedi guardian in tank spec that normally hits like a wet noodle would spank anyone when those buffs are up.

The game is a tad too focused around what classes can do when fully buffed once per 3 minutes for 15 seconds instead of focusing on what the class can do when unbuffed.

At the moment, unless you crit on shoot first you wont even penetrate a sorc bubble. Regardless of gear. And after this your out of stealth and need to be within 4m to do anything vital, which is not easy for a class with 0 gap closers, especially vs a sorc that just knocks you back, sprints away and free casts on your. If your vanish is on CD you are a dead scoundrel vs any sorc that knows his class, independent of gear, unless you are BM geared and its a fresh 50 in lvl 40 pvp gear.

Its just not right.

We need operatives and scoundrels to be a little more feared, at the moment...atleast with my vanguard, at most I ignore them, and otherwise I just turn around and anhiliate them.

Edited by Waagabond

Thats cool and all ... but thats if i wanted to play imp.. and I don't as far as gunslingers and snipers, Cool for them, and the hundreds of them that there is, in my guild I'm used and abused for my utility and dps, like i said.. If someone know's w.t.f they are doing as a dirty fighter they'll be fine, throw a pistol whip here and there to activate pugnacity and all if good, for those who like 1 button line-ups and love to spam buttons then complain DF sucks .. they should chose something else.. as far as my utility well as a i said I'm used and abused, I'm a back- up heals i got my b-rez, so healers don't have to break from heals, and i got a few interrupts.. once again its a l2p issue or more or less just research.

Dirty fighting is probably the highest overall damage spec in the game in my opinion.

Its also alot better and team friendly for pvp then scrapper.

Scrappers only real deal earlier was that they could take out key targets, fast, and it had a great tactical advantage in a premade.

Today, in a premade, there is 0 reason to take a scrapper, even if fully BM geared, unless its a friend. Sure you will do well, but you will do alot better as dirty fighting.

Before the nerf however, scrappers was a great asset to a team due to their burst.

If they atleast had a high sustained damage they would still be an asset to a pvp team but at current state of the class, you are better to bring with you a sentinel or marauder, or definately a shadow tank or assasin if you are in need of a stealther.

First off let me just say that I typically avoid these boards as a whole because I do enjoy my class. These people confuse me with their attitudes. I have both an Operative and a Scoundrel and this "nerf" is simply not as big a deal as these forums would have you believe.

Yeah, you lost some burst, but it was too high before and it needed to be fixed. Yes, you lost some sustained DPS. However, not one of these crying *** school boys has any numbers to back up their claims regarding the severity of this loss. There is no combat log and everything you're seeing here is based on player perception, "feel" if you will. Any comparisons between other classes is based on an even muddier subjective perception. Until you give me cold hard numbers, you can kiss the deepest darkest part of my rectum. Personally, I'm still killing plenty of people in PVP and my guild's runs are still successful with me doing DPS. And please, claim that I am being carried by superior guild mates and rest soundly knowing that I cannot provide any hard data to back up any rebuttal, you tool.

The largest majority of Operatives and Scoundrels who enjoy their class are not wasting time competing with this wave of ignorant mob rage. Rabble, Rabble, Rabble, you gaggle of blithering goons.

The class still rocks. Don't believe the hype.

Go one on one with your mirror class the Op and he is on his 4th move and you are just finishing your second move in PVP. Animations screw us in PVP and PVE. This is just a fact.

Edited by Metalmac