Assasin hate

Talmasci

Whats with all the Assasin Hate? Im actually really enjoying mine and dont exactly find it a hard class to play as others have said, Finding it a totaly new concept after playing wow for ages a Stealth using shaman is an interesting idea. From what ive seen i can do Just as much damage as most other classes. Any comments would be appreciated. Yes im 50 :)

I agree with the OP. Assassin is a great class. The problem is the ignorance of the immature community. Their thinking is like this: "I want to play Assassin... Oh, it doesn't fit my play style... Damn Assassin is the worst prof ever..."

Try get along with it and keep enjoying it like I do ;).

Couldn't agree more :)

Sure, there's better tank/dps classes...but imo that's NOT the role of assassins. Your role is to help your team achieve objectives by destroying enemy team cohesion. Be a complete pain the *** for the enemy team, pull them into acid/fire, throw them off ledges, slow them down so your team has a few more prescious seconds to achieve the objective...all waaaaaaaaaay more important than dps.

You won't end up on top of the leaderboard that often, but when it comes to helping your team achieve objectives, assassins shine.

People are way too focused on dps on these boards :rolleyes:

Saying assassins don't do "enough dps" is like saying Michael Schuhmacher is a bad cook...it DOESN'T MATTER.

Throwing an entire enemy team off a ledge just before they're about to score in Huttball is infinitely more satisfying than seeing you did 300k dps on the leaderboard...and more useful to the team as well. If you want top dps, take another class.

Edited by RadehX

Im not saying everyone should like them i'd rather the people who didn't like them would keep quiet, Dont like it then reroll another class.. end of story. Personally I'm hoping that the bosses in HM etc become a lot more melee friendly as from what ive seen most players want ranged dps for most fps and i think most groups should consist of a tank, healer, ranged dps and melee dps. I think that the assasin is as good as the player behind it and yes a lot of classes are indeed easier to play but none are more as enjoyable as the assasin i have found. As for Pvp they are a great laugh especially as tank spec you can take so much before going down which is amazing for huttball. Even as DPS ive found that anything that involves capturing objectives assasins seem to do great in. Hopefully this nonsense that assasins arent a valid dps for operations etc can be removed by the good players who can play the class well whilst the little kids who wish it was more like rogues in wow need to reroll.

sin tanks r fine there killing hybrid which every game does. n melee does fine in HM and NM being melee is just less forgiving and u ahve to pay attention.

Yeah, people just have to stop to choke their co*k while they are running HMs or operations and voila: melee DPS is also fine in OPs and HMs ;)

Whats with all the Assasin Hate? Im actually really enjoying mine and dont exactly find it a hard class to play as others have said, Finding it a totaly new concept after playing wow for ages a Stealth using shaman is an interesting idea. From what ive seen i can do Just as much damage as most other classes. Any comments would be appreciated. Yes im 50 :)

You have stealth. That's all the reason I think anyone needs to hate the advanced class :)

Edited by Zaxaras

Im sorry but I play a madness assassin and I belive our dps is way under rated. So we cant crit for 5k+ like some othere dps class's but with the change to combat text and now being able to see them all. The dot damge from madness is insane. I dont really pvp much mostly just pve and unless the tank puts guard on me im the tank but well never know since they will never implement a dps meter.

I played a Sniper to 50 and Valor 57 then I made an Assassin.

I can't hit 400k dmg in a WZ. But I can have an insane amount of Guard, Taunts, Running, everything. I think it is the best PvP class there is, properly played. And I'm a pretty good PvE tank, too. I even get REP players in /say after WZs saying I am the only reason my team one. That makes everything worth it. Even if my damage is substantially less thenothers. Even now it's not that much lower. And we still get more medals, if we are doing it right.

I love my Tankasin.

I played a Sniper to 50 and Valor 57 then I made an Assassin.

I can't hit 400k dmg in a WZ. But I can have an insane amount of Guard, Taunts, Running, everything. I think it is the best PvP class there is, properly played. And I'm a pretty good PvE tank, too. I even get REP players in /say after WZs saying I am the only reason my team one. That makes everything worth it. Even if my damage is substantially less thenothers. Even now it's not that much lower. And we still get more medals, if we are doing it right.

I love my Tankasin.

What spec? Can you post it?

I would say that im disapointed..

The assassin isnt and ASSASSIN.

I start 1st time SWTOR:

1st i enter forums to see what class i will choose.

I see assassin, i see the skills and i tought: darkness perfect if i want pve i could be tank, deception perfect a rogue subtlety, i see madness *** a rogue/affli lock i love it!

Perfect im a damm tank on PvP thats so sad... when i read assassin and i saw the skills i tought perfect a rogue class... oh whait i reach lvl 50 and i must be pvp tanq i couldnt kill (oh whait i could lame someone on stealth 10% life) my medals defense, 1 killing blow, shield, etc...

really amazing rerolling operative that is the really rogue class no that assassin ****.

DONT do enough damage to be a dps DONT resist enough to be tank, is a half class useless 4 everithing...

U could be a pain in the ***? yeah but you will be tired of stay al the wargame on cementery. if u don want to die only engage with CoS and vanish up...

PS. See that is an amazing tank that even he has light armor... perfect tank OMG im gonna cry Y_Y

Well i said all what i feel a hug 4 all!

c('.'c)

Edited by Fistandamus

melee dps are pretty useless in HM and NM ops also the assasin tank nerf out of nowhere is just a pain in the ***

What? Can you please point me to some information about this tank nerf as I did not find anything in the patch notes.

NES; I'll try and post tomorrow when I get home.

To the above poster, No. You are just wrong. And if you don't think Assassin can tank, tell it to this one who tanked Nightmare Mode Soa.

Yes Assassins are absolutely compareable to other tanks when tanking 1-2 mobs. There is no problem what so ever for an Assassin to be a MT. Not much use for an OT with the present content though but when it comes leave it to Juggernauts and PT to handle multiple adds though since we are mathematically THE worse tank when tanking 3+ mobs when it comes to mean mitigation.

Edited by Dhariq

Yeah IMO most of the "hate" comes for those new to MMO's or played badly balanced MMO's.

See part of being melee is having to be mobile while keeping up your DPS, or Agro if your a Tank. For whatever reason some melee players get jealous of Ranged DPS because they can supposedly just stand in one spot the whole fight and DPS. Which is a tad off to begin with because most fights have mechanics and effects that effect the whole group/raid. So while its easy to say anecdotally that a class can just stand in one spot for the duration the reality is rather different.

So bottom line is that yes as melee you need to be mobile and more aware of your surroundings, but that is nothing new. Its been the same as it always has in every MMO.

melee dps are pretty useless in HM and NM ops also the assasin tank nerf out of nowhere is just a pain in the ***

This.

In 136/140 gear Assassin DPS inferior to a Marauder. Add in mechanics and both of them are well behind ranged DPS.

It's not that there is hate for the class, it's just that there are better choices for the slot if the Assassin is not the tank.

This.

In 136/140 gear Assassin DPS inferior to a Marauder. Add in mechanics and both of them are well behind ranged DPS.

It's not that there is hate for the class, it's just that there are better choices for the slot if the Assassin is not the tank.

my face when our assassin takes threat from me w/guard on him

DONT WORRY GUYS ASSASSINS ARE BAD

IT'S NOT A PEBKAC ISSUE AT ALL