C'mon. Admit it. You are too...

Mangzane

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ill go see it eventually over the next couple of weeks, but im not dressing up for that one, the 2nd one i might take a lightsaber and go ******* on the yoda scene ill admit but not this one, its a good movie, just not one of my favorites, if they ever remaster and release return of the jedi in 3d, then ill go completely insane

I've had a darth maul mask collecting dust since I was in first grade...I gotta find it!

You mean Pederast Amidala? Yeah, that's really just... cripes.

oh like nobody in here wanted to nail a 25 year old supermodel when they were in high school?

Edited by Gantoris_Aym

Who else is going at 12am this Thursday, dressed in some type of star wars costume/apparell for the midnight showing of Star Wars Episode 1?

Raises Hand

:D

You couldn't pay me to go see these movies. Ok well maybe if you paid me like 100 bucks I'd go, but other than that...not gonna happen. Now show the original trilogy, unedited and unaltered (ie: Han Shot first, no CGI critters added, etc) but with totally remastered picture and sound. Yeah, THAT I would see.

Edited by GalenDurron

This, i saw the reviews, hell i agree with almost everything he said, he makes a lot of really good, really funny points. but i like the movies,

Liking a movie and it being a good movie are two totally different things. I've not actually once said I don't like them but they are not well written and they are not well directed and it's pretty clear that after ESB Lucas was surrounded by "yes" men.

if i like the prequels and you don't, or, for some reason, you despise them with all your being, then great, i don't give a flying crap, stop bugging me about it.

News flash, someone asked a question on a public forum and the public answered, SHOCK!

If that's ok with you and Lord Plinkett, that is. I do understand that your opinions are fact and all, but I'll reserve the right to think for myself.

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding why you're having trouble understanding that this is a thread on a public forum and that me telling you something here doesn't actually mean that you have to whine to me about it afterwards like I give a crap about if you like the pieces of badly written and directed junk.

Edited by CapuchinSeven

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding why you're having trouble understanding that this is a thread on a public forum and that me telling you something here doesn't actually mean that you have to whine to me about it afterwards like I give a crap about if you like the pieces of badly written and directed junk.

Well then might I suggest you take your own advice, Mr Ebert?

I'm going to see Machine Head in concert Thursday night. Will be going to Star Wars Friday night. Who knows, maybe just like he made changes to make the OT degrade (RotJ dance sequence was particularly jarring), he'll make actual improvements to the Prequels. Like cutting Jar Jar.

And if not, hey. Movie night.

Edited by Darth_Vicente

Not going to see the 3D version. Episode 1 may have been a bad movie overall but it had some good characters that never appear in others. Qui Gon Jinn and Darth Maul were excellent characters. The movie failed in regards to Anakin and Obi-Wan. Episode II was a win with Mace Windu and Jango Fett but failed us with the pathetic love story between Anakin and Padme. Episode 3 failed on so many levels. Why does Yoda just run away crying like a baby? after Obi-Wan defeats Anakin on Mustafar they have a window of opportunity to outnumber Palpatine 2 on 1 but instead Yoda runs away? Why is he not marooned on Dagobah after a super duel with a sith or turned jedi? at least in a position where he can't help anymore not by choice. Why do we not see Darth Vader in his black suit hunting and hacking all the most powerful Jedi to pieces. Padme dying in childbirth? lame! Leia remember her in Episode 6, there are a thousand better ways to resolve her death and the hiding of Luke and Leia. Episode 3 was the worst.

Nope.jpg

I have no interest in spending my hard earned money just because Lucas decided he could make more money off a 3-D release. I detest the general trend of theatre movies these days, upping their prices by $3-5 and attaching "3d" as their justification, even though the effects are absent or gimmicky at best.

Furthermore, I hate the movie theaters themselves for going right along. My local venues have the option of regular or 3d versions - right until 5 pm, afterwhich you are forced to pay for the ****** 3d. Hence why I no longer go to the theater. Period.

Nope,

Not interested in seeing a rehashed movie.

The next time I pay to see Star Wars movie in a theater the title needs to be:

Heir to the Empire.

Screenplay by Timothy Zahn

Directed by someone other than Lucas....Joss Whedon maybe.

Edited by Keihryon

Mr. Ebert? Are you an idiot? Do you even know why Ebert got hated on?

Do I even care? I was making reference to CapuchinSeven's obviously being a world-famous film critic the way he seems to think his opinion is fact. Must be hard knowing everything there is to know about cinema and not having everyone kiss your *** about it.

Edited by Jmannseelo

Nope,

Not interested in seeing a rehashed movie.

The next time I pay to see Star Wars movie in a theater the title needs to be:

Heir to the Empire.

Screenplay by Timothy Zahn

Directed by someone other than Lucas....Joss Whedon maybe.

OH man Joss Whedon directing a Star Wars film would be something have the main character be a Smuggler/Bounty Hunter and apart of the Hutt Cartel. Now that would be something.

or

Guy Ritche he could definitely do something ******!

I am not going to watch any of the SW movies in 3d; by and large, live action 3d movies are just bad. Trying to tack on 3d to a movie that was never designed for 3d is going to make it worse. I will feel sorry for anybody if this is their first exposure to SW.