So let me get this straight....

Ratham

Ops are/were OP

Sorcs are OP

Commandos are OP

Mercs are OP

Assassins are OP

Sages are OP

So pretty much everyone except marauders/sentinels are OP?

Do you guys realize how funny that sounds? Just because a class killed you doesn't make it OP... stop coming and crying nerf for every class that kills you in pvp.

And for the record, my main(s) are vanguard and marauder...

marauders / sentinels are also op

smash juggs / guardians are also op

vanguards / powertechs are actually the most op class in the game right now in top end WZ pvp

the class to buff is sniper specifically (I don't play one, but they just need a bit more flexibility for high end pvp)

Edited by Redmarx

Ops are/were OP

Sorcs are OP

Commandos are OP

Mercs are OP

Assassins are OP

Sages are OP

Do you guys realize how funny that sounds? Just because a class killed you doesn't make it OP... stop coming and crying nerf for every class that kills you in pvp.

Jediduckling, who frequents this board and adds to all the nerf/qq threads, would disagree that Assassins are OP. Why? Because his main is an Assassin.

So that just goes to show where all the L2P qq's are coming from. The classes that kills them, are the classes that need to be nerfed. Not theirs.

So....... by this math. It would seem mostly all classes are OP?

Lending a prime example in the game as far as classes are concerned to be balanced?

Ah whatever. NERF SORCS !

Edit: hate my droid.

Edited by ToeTags

sorcs/sages are OP the bubble shield takes far to much damage and can be used to often

mercs/commandos spam 1 move either tracer missle or grav round 2.5k 2.5k 2.5k 3k dead and dont come back saying ohhh the move is based on our whole skill tree yeah it is but lets be fair you dont use the other skills because that one is so powerful its like an op being able to spam hidden strike pre 1.1.1

assassins/shadows are OP ive played one to level 24 and could take on level 50s in WZ's

op/scoundrals are stupidly underpowered

juggs/guardians are fine

gunslinger/sniper are also fine

sentinals/mara's are once again fine

vanguard/powertech you guessed it fine

ohhh and yeah between myself n a friend we've played every single class and came to this decision

assassins/shadows are OP ive played one to level 24 and could take on level 50s in WZ's

You know you're scaled to 50 and the only difference there was in the past was two things. The abilities available to you based on your "real" level, and Expertise. Expertise being the greater problem, and now things are balanced.

So.... lulz

Personally, I just think Sorcs have too much going for them. They top DPS, Heals, and Protection. Giving them Medals (giving them more +valor, making it easier to level in PvP),. 1 of the three has to go. Its unfair.

Edited by ZeroGravitySE

sorcs/sages are OP the bubble shield takes far to much damage and can be used to often

mercs/commandos spam 1 move either tracer missle or grav round 2.5k 2.5k 2.5k 3k dead and dont come back saying ohhh the move is based on our whole skill tree yeah it is but lets be fair you dont use the other skills because that one is so powerful its like an op being able to spam hidden strike pre 1.1.1

juggs/guardians are fine

ohhh and yeah between myself n a friend we've played every single class and came to this decision

So you've played every single class to 50? Really? otherwise, saying you've played every class without knowing all their abilities and combinations, and specs, doesn't mean much.

And based on your standards, I've also played a Sage to 25 and I think they're fine. Guess that means I'm qualified to speak for all classes too eh?

Ops are/were OP

Sorcs are OP

Commandos are OP

Mercs are OP

Assassins are OP

Sages are OP

yup this is what every bad players claim and since everyone is op does it make the game balanced? i wonder btw you forgot vangaurds im offended by that we are definitely op :)

juggs/guardians are fine

You and your friend are terrible players with no clue about PVP.

That you didn't notice the insanity that is powertech-vgs, the insane power of geared and healed marauder/sents and jugg/guards, and the extraordinary survivability of BH-trooper healers compared to sorc-sage and op-smuggler leads me to believe you have only played level 10-20 PVP and didn't even understand that.

Assassin is one of the most well rounded classes. I can easily get 8-10 medals per round. That being said, I've never gotten the 5k crit medal, and feel pretty strongly that I'll get beat by any class 1v1. So OP? No. But an awesome class? Yes.

While you see whining of this nature in every game, the main catalyst in TOR is the fact that power scaling is completely out of whack, so almost any class can seem OP. A geared level 50 has anywhere from 50-100% more health than someone who's been 50 for 10 minutes, along with an enormous increase in damage/healing/defenses. This game's PvP is a limp afterthought, with the tactical depth of "hungry hungry hippos", so its really not worth getting worked up over.

Ops are/were OP

Sorcs are OP

Commandos are OP

Mercs are OP

Assassins are OP

Sages are OP

It's easy to become frustrated in PVP when you get nuked down by any opposing class with more skill. As arbitrary percentages are mostly inaccurate, It's hard to guesstimate how many players who scream for a class being OP or needing to be nerfed, are actually good at their respected class. The majority would argue that the "Real PVPers" are the ones who remain mostly quiet, don't complain and learn from the dynamics of other classes. That being said, I find it mostly interesting and amusing how many self proclaimed good pvpers sit on these forums complaining about class dynamics and fabricate these wild stories about how x class does 9k damage every 2 seconds, etc...

Point being, if less time was invested complaining on the forums about these faux issues, and rather spent more time in game learning other classes and their own for that matter, I feel the Swtor environment would improve 10 fold.

Short of some REAL bugs and issues with how some of these WZ's operate and some inherit design flaws with Ilum and the bag system, etc, for the most part, the class balance "issue" isn't really an issue at all. In my opinion, anyone who's invested the time playing Swtor and learning each classes dynamic I feel would also agree.

The game is great in it's current state, short the bugs.

Actually, it is really this:

- ConcOp/Scrapper are fine when in melee, severely gimped when not in melee ("combo point" generators should probably be dropped to 5s and 12 energy)

- LethOps/DirtyFighters are gimped near an awake healer and gimped when not within 10m

- Classes with armor pen >30% are OP (see above)

- Sorc/Sage shields are retarded OP

Edited by Trauglodyte

I've seen nerf calls for just about every class. They sound roughly like this...

Sorcerer/Sage - Too much CC and healing! They also have lightning! Nerf their defenses so I can kill them really fast! They shouldn't have any defense because they're casters!

Mercenary/Commando - Too much damage! Who cares that they have no CC and are easy to interrupt when they spam. I don't want to put the effort in. Nerf their damage so they can't kill me!

Powertech/Vanguard - They're a tank class even if they're not tank specc'ed! They shouldn't be able to do damage at all even though two of their trees are damage trees! Nerf them so I can win these fights!

Sniper/Gunslingers - Ranged class does too much damage from range! I don't care that they have to sit in one place! Nerf their damage so they can't kill me!

Juggernaut/Guardian - They're a tank class even if they're not tank specc'ed! They shouldn't be able to do damage at all even though two of their trees are damage trees! Nerf them so I can win these fights!

Operative/Scoundrel - This burst class is doing too much burst damage! Nerf their damage so I can beat them even with my bad reflexes and lack of knowledge of their abilities! They should die as soon as they unstealth!

Marauder/Sentinel - They're a melee class that has nothing but damage trees, but they do too much damage! I don't want to knock them away or CC them, I want a free win. Nerf their damage so they can't kill me!

Assassin/Shadow - They can tank and they can do damage! They also have stealth! They shouldn't be able to carry the ball in Huttball because I don't know how to stop them! Nerf them so I can win without trying!

Sound about right?

Edited by vindianajones

I've seen nerf calls for just about every class. They sound roughly like this...

Sorcerer/Sage - Too much CC and healing! They also have lightning! Nerf their defenses so I can kill them really fast! They shouldn't have any defense because they're casters!

Mercenary/Commando - Too much damage! Who cares that they have no CC and are easy to interrupt when they spam. I don't want to put the effort in. Nerf their damage so they can't kill me!

Powertech/Vanguard - They're a tank class even if they're not tank specc'ed! They shouldn't be able to do damage at all even though two of their trees are damage trees! Nerf them so I can win these fights!

Sniper/Gunslingers - Ranged class does too much damage from range! I don't care that they have to sit in one place! Nerf their damage so they can't kill me!

Juggernaut/Guardian - They're a tank class even if they're not tank specc'ed! They shouldn't be able to do damage at all even though two of their trees are damage trees! Nerf them so I can win these fights!

Operative/Scoundrel - This burst class is doing too much burst damage! Nerf their damage so I can beat them even with my bad reflexes and lack of knowledge of their abilities! They should die as soon as they unstealth!

Marauder/Sentinel - They're a melee class that has nothing but damage trees, but they do too much damage! I don't want to knock them away or CC them, I want a free win. Nerf their damage so they can't kill me!

Assassin/Shadow - They can tank and they can do damage! They also have stealth! They shouldn't be able to carry the ball in Huttball because I don't know how to stop them! Nerf them so I can win without trying!

Sound about right?

+100

Sound's exactly right.

It's easy to become frustrated in PVP when you get nuked down by any opposing class with more skill. As arbitrary percentages are mostly inaccurate, It's hard to guesstimate how many players who scream for a class being OP or needing to be nerfed, are actually good at their respected class. The majority would argue that the "Real PVPers" are the ones who remain mostly quiet, don't complain and learn from the dynamics of other classes. That being said, I find it mostly interesting and amusing how many self proclaimed good pvpers sit on these forums complaining about class dynamics and fabricate these wild stories about how x class does 9k damage every 2 seconds, etc...

Point being, if less time was invested complaining on the forums about these faux issues, and rather spent more time in game learning other classes and their own for that matter, I feel the Swtor environment would improve 10 fold.

Short of some REAL bugs and issues with how some of these WZ's operate and some inherit design flaws with Ilum and the bag system, etc, for the most part, the class balance "issue" isn't really an issue at all. In my opinion, anyone who's invested the time playing Swtor and learning each classes dynamic I feel would also agree.

The game is great in it's current state, short the bugs.

now time to spread this message 100% correct

Since the beginning of the game?

I think you're insane. Assassins/Shadows are consistently labeled - correctly so - as one of the weakest ACs of all ACs.

- Less effective at tanking than the other tanks (mathematically they have about 2% less effective DR, and that's *while* they have their shield ability up which has charges and a CD)

- FAR less effective at burst-from-stealth than Ops/Scoundrels

- Similar sustainable damage from madness tree to sorcs, only without the heals, a bubble, and while being forced to do it all in melee range.

How is any of that OP?

Edited by Mhak

Ops are/were OP

Sorcs are OP

Commandos are OP

Mercs are OP

Assassins are OP

Sages are OP

Most people screaming for nerfs are doing so because combat is so fast. Particularly zerg based combat in warzones.

It's more like everyone would like a bit of survivability so every class is whining about the few classes that appear to have some ability not to instant die.

My favorite so far was a group of imps in a wz. they guarded and healed this lvl 16. It was insane the amount of damage this dude was taking. I mean I laid on the punishment and the healers and tanks kept him alive.

I knew who to actually fire at but found it most entertaining. There is some balance issues in pvp that make no sense currently.

Most people are just pissed about getting mass CC'd and dead in 5 seconds. Its annoying and generating rage. While its effective and should be used its causing casuals to feel massively nutured.

I suggest that they allow you to build complete 8 man teams. I think most people would enjoy a guild based pvp system. Also what is up with wz ques? how can a game with this many stated subscribers not be able to match up people to play in 15 minutes?

that is shameful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.