I want it all, NOW!

XDOUBLEX

Just stop the crying, please.

About everything.

No, you are not special. All those participant trophies in your room that your Mom put on the shelf really mean nothing and a video game owes you nothing. There isn't anyone sitting at a computer writing code to screw you out of gear or trying to make you rage because you died in a WZ to someone who has been a 50 for a month.

Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Bad luck happens just as good luck happens.

Nobody is entitled to anything here. Nobody is out to get you.

---'Nuff said

About everything.

No, you are not special. All those participant trophies in your room that your Mom put on the shelf really mean nothing and a video game owes you nothing. There isn't anyone sitting at a computer writing code to screw you out of gear or trying to make you rage because you died in a WZ to someone who has been a 50 for a month.

Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Bad luck happens just as good luck happens.

---'Nuff said

I think I know where you are coming from, so.....

The issue isn't that there is an RNG (Random Number Generator) involved, but that the one they are using is absolutely terrible. Yes, shock and awe, some RNG's are written better than others, it really just comes down to time and money. There are people who are nearing 100 bags and still don't have a complete Champion set, I am one of them. Those of us that have put that much into obtaining it should have it by now.

What is worse is the duplicates, I think this over anything is what is killing people. It doesn't take much to prevent that from happening and it is something that should have been thought of during development. Not to mention is was a huge concern in beta that went completely unaddressed.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

Am i the only one thinking about this?

I want it all

I want it all

I want it all

and I want it now

Adventure seeker on an empty street

Just an alley creeper light on his feet

young fighters screaming with no time for doubt

With the pain and anger can't see a way out

It ain't much I'm asking I heard him say

Gotta find me a future move out of my way

I want it all

I want it all

I want it all

and I want it now

I think I know where you are coming from, so.....

The issue isn't that there is an RNG (Random Number Generator) involved, but that the one they are using is absolutely terrible. Yes, shock and awe, some RNG's are written better than others, it really just comes down to time and money. There are people who are nearing 100 bags and still don't have a complete Champion set, I am one of them. Those of us that have put that much into obtaining it should have it by now.

What is worse is the duplicates, I think this over anything is what is killing people. It doesn't take much to prevent that from happening and it is something that should have been thought of during development. Not to mention is was a huge concern in beta that went completely unaddressed.

Good thing they're fixing Champion bags eh? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2452276#edit2452276

BM bags will still be RNG, which from what I can tell, sucks.

About everything.

No, you are not special. All those participant trophies in your room that your Mom put on the shelf really mean nothing

That's what PvP gear is---participant trophies. You participated more than someone else so you deserve to mash his face in.

I appriciate the thought of the OP, whining about all the whining, but the fact is this is an open forum and people have the right to whine about whatever they want and since BW's feedback on customer complaints is limited to put it nicely, people will come here to vent. Its easy enough to ignore them, you are the one who chose to click on the thread entitle.... BW your suck, or nerf XYZ class, or OMG I opened X bags and only got Y things.

just stop the crying, please.

About everything.

No, you are not special. All those participant trophies in your room that your mom put on the shelf really mean nothing and a video game owes you nothing. There isn't anyone sitting at a computer writing code to screw you out of gear or trying to make you rage because you died in a wz to someone who has been a 50 for a month.

---'nuff said

qfmft!!!!

Good thing they're fixing Champion bags eh? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2452276#edit2452276

BM bags will still be RNG, which from what I can tell, sucks.

Awesome, I just went and read the link you provided and basically they are destroying it....

A little math for you....

Champion bags will now contain 7 Champion Commendations. I believe the total to get all items in Champion tier is 743. This means that you need to get 106.14 bags, since that cant be done, it will have to be 107 bags.

If you do this through WZ that means each bag is going to cost you 800 WZ Commendations, for a total of 85,600 WZ Commendations. Now lets pretend you win EVERY War Zone you play and get about 90 commendations per zone. That is 951.11, or 952 rounded, games you need to play. Since we can't take into account queue times with any accuracy we will skip that factor, instead focusing on the average game time of 15 minutes per WZ.

So we have.....

952 WZ's at 15 minutes each for a total game play time of 14280 minutes, or 238 hours.

Wow.....

If you are hardcore and run 8 hours of nothing but WZ per day you will get this done in 29.75 days of playing. Or if you are like many who do not, and can not, play PvP for 8 hours per day, and say only 2 it will be 119 days.

Now some of you are going to say "What about daily...", what about them? Ilum is completely broken. Good luck getting your daily done at all, it is to the point you can't count on those in any reliable way. Right now the fact is that in order to gear for PvP you have to run WZ, Ilum just doesn't work on SO many servers. I have been told it is working on a couple, but I have yet to see proof of this.

So what we have hear is BW taking an already bad system, and making it worse. Especially for the new 50's who have a snowballs chance in hell of obtaining their gear against those that managed to get it under the current system.

Last note: The above math is based on if you win EVERY War Zone you enter and is BEST case scenario. The truth is between the Win and Loss ratio you might average 70 Warzone Commendations per game, greatly increasing in the above times.

EDIT: Because I can here is the math for the average of 70 WZ Commendations.

85600 WZ Commendations / 70 WZ Commendations per Game = 1222.85 games, 1223 rounded. 1223 / 15 minutes per game is 18345 minutes of play time. Which comes out to 307.25 hours of game play, at 8 hours per day that is 38.4 days of play and at 2 hours per day it is 153.62 days of playing.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

Awesome, I just went and read the link you provided and basically they are destroying it....

A little math for you....

Champion bags will now contain 7 Champion Commendations. I believe the total to get all items in Champion tier is 743. This means that you need to get 106.14 bags, since that cant be done, it will have to be 107 bags.

If you do this through WZ that means each bag is going to cost you 800 WZ Commendations, for a total of 85,600 WZ Commendations. Now lets pretend you win EVERY War Zone you play and get about 90 commendations per zone. That is 951.11, or 952 rounded, games you need to play. Since we can't take into account queue times with any accuracy we will skip that factor, instead focusing on the average game time of 15 minutes per WZ.

So we have.....

952 WZ's at 15 minutes each for a total game play time of 14280 minutes, or 238 hours.

Wow.....

If you are hardcore and run 8 hours of nothing but WZ per day you will get this done in 29.75 days of playing. Or if you are like many who do not, and can not, play PvP for 8 hours per day, and say only 2 it will be 119 days.

Now some of you are going to say "What about daily...", what about them? Ilum is completely broken. Good luck getting your daily done at all, it is to the point you can't count on those in any reliable way. Right now the fact is that in order to gear for PvP you have to run WZ, Ilum just doesn't work on SO many servers. I have been told it is working on a couple, but I have yet to see proof of this.

So what we have hear is BW taking an already bad system, and making it worse. Especially for the new 50's who have a snowballs chance in hell of obtaining their gear against those that managed to get it under the current system.

Last note: The above math is based on if you win EVERY War Zone you enter and is BEST case scenario. The truth is between the Win and Loss ratio you might average 70 Warzone Commendations per game, greatly increasing in the above times.

EDIT: Because I can here is the math for the average of 70 WZ Commendations.

85600 WZ Commendations / 70 WZ Commendations per Game = 1222.85 games, 1223 rounded. 1223 / 15 minutes per game is 18345 minutes of play time. Which comes out to 307.25 hours of game play, at 8 hours per day that is 38.4 days of play and at 2 hours per day it is 153.62 days of playing.

you might say people cant take dalies into account, but thats just simply stupid... i pvp 2-3hours daily to get those quests done, some days its only like 1h....

in a week you would obtain

7x2 + 2x3 bags = 20bags

thats 5weeks of ONLY doing dalies for FULL CHAMP gear... the meaning of the system is to close the freakin gab between newly 50's and bm geared, this is done by rewarding people centurion gear... and each bag gives 15cent commendations...

not only your math is completely garbage, so is your reason behind doing the math..

Edited by Jadeor

I dont care its still just whineing. Waaaaaaa i dont like the way they fixed it. To bad thats what you get for complaneing. Did it not occure to you that they will used the best system they had and any "fix" they applied was going to be worse

WOW called they want their Idiots back

you might say people cant take dalies into account, but thats just simply stupid... i pvp 2-3hours daily to get those quests done, some days its only like 1h....

in a week you would obtain

7x2 + 2x3 bags = 20bags

thats 5weeks of ONLY doing dalies for FULL CHAMP gear... the meaning of the system is to close the freakin gab between newly 50's and bm geared, this is done by rewarding people centurion gear... and each bag gives 15cent commendations...

not only your math is completely garbage, so is your reason behind doing the math..

How is it stupid not taking into account something you can't do, or the majority can not do? I have camped my happy little *** on Ilum for an entire day and wasn't able to complete the simple PvP daily, because of how broke the planet is.

So no, it isn't stupid that I am not counting the Ilum Daily/Weekley, because good luck getting it done. My statements were directed at what the player can dependably do, not the "I some how managed to catch a good streak for once in my life and the only time in my life on Ilum and get a single daily done" situation.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

People like OP never cease to amaze me -

"You're spending money on a dynamic system that responds to all user-feedback and grows from it, the same as every MMORPG ever. And I'm telling you to stop the feedback! Stop it all unless it's positive and I agree with it! Keep spending your money but don't ever say anything about how you would like the developers to use it to improve this game unless it has my approval!

Don't ever point out the shortcoming where this game could use improvements that would attract even more subscribers! Don't ever make suggestions on how to improve this game! *I* think this game is great, and damnit, if I think that, EVERYBODY SHOULD! Why can't everybody just agree with me?!"

Nobody forces you to come here and read all the "crying" (see: people pointing out problems/asking for fixes and improvements) that "you're sick of." Why do you want it all to stop if you don't have to read any of it in the first place? Why not just let people express their opinions without pestering them about it?

Edited by Mhak

How is it stupid not taking into account something you can't do, or the majority can not do? I have camped my happy little *** on Ilum for an entire day and wasn't able to complete the simple PvP daily, because of how broke the planet is.

So no, it isn't stupid that I am not counting the Ilum Daily/Weekley, because good luck getting it done. My statements were directed at what the player can dependably do, not the "I some how managed to catch a good streak for once in my life and the only time in my life on Ilum and get a single daily done" situation.

Do you have something to back up the "majority can not do?" Because at least in my server, that is BS.

So that right there means 20 bags a week.

About everything.

---'Nuff said

Stop crying about crying...these threads are even more annoying.

Republic cant even do 1 of the weekly / daily quests on the majority of the servers, but ok you guys are special, so special that your playing ability / skill is apparently not enough to beat noobs you apparently also need a gear crutch to beat those noobs.

Do you have something to back up the "majority can not do?" Because at least in my server, that is BS.

So that right there means 20 bags a week.

Here is this guy on page 3....

Republic cant even do 1 of the weekly / daily quests on the majority of the servers, but ok you guys are special, so special that your playing ability / skill is apparently not enough to beat noobs you apparently also need a gear crutch to beat those noobs.

We also have my entire server Dark Reaper, where you have 100+ Empire standing in front of the Republic base as 10 or so Republic hide. If you like you can search the forum and find the other 100s of threads discussing this same issue.

Proof enough for you?

I enjoy reading about the changes, the classes and strats. I find it laughable that there are 20 plus threads from people that opened 8 bags and got nothing in the first 10 or whatever pages here.

I hit BM through WZ's, not the ilum valor-fest that makes it so easy now. I went 24 champ bags with nothing in a row and didn't feel the need to make a thread on the boards about it.

I think there are things that need fixing in the game and all this B.S. crying because people don't know how to PvP in WZ's is taking away from these things being fixed.

How about they fix the UI lockup, the bugged quests or the random crashes that people have BEFORE they worry about some people crying that it's "to hard" to pvp or get gear?? Doesn't that sound fair?

I agree that most of the Republic have a tough time completing their daily missions and that needs to be fixed..

How about doing that BEFORE changing the entire structure of PvP gear because there isn't anything they plan on doing that will fix the 20 v 1 problem unless they are giving rebels 100k health.