So the nerf is coming to pvp gear

Aztian

oh I agree, we all play for different reasons, trouble is we are all "forced" to play the same way. as I siad, I dont rate BG farming as pvp, nor do I rate farmers as pvpers, because they only care about shinys an gaining them as fast as possible.

But that is their playstyle.

My playstyle is to actually pvp in the world. Trouble is I have no progression open to me, an I get utterly crushed in a world pvp fight because some muppet has botted/exploited his shinys in 48 hours, an all I use is my quest orange gear.

As I have already said, 300 kills an I have NOTHING for it, I dont give a monkeys about shinys themselves but some sort of progression is badly needed for real pvpers.

They will loose players to GW2 if there is real pvp in tor because GW2 is Being built expressly for the world pvpers.

I Think alot of pvpers Will hit gw2 sady

OP is a troll.

Its well known they are not nerfing stats, or nerfing pvp gear at all.

They are changing the bag system to get people T1 pvp gear faster to have a chance with expertise.

That is just the initial phase, after that they will be monitoring how gear effects balance since the aquisition part has been the most mentioned problem with pvp gear.

Since we all know how ludicrously well the gear scales between tiers, it's likely there will be nerfs to the gear.

You guys are a bunch of QQ's thinking the worst of every situation. Everyone QQ's for change, theres a change (and YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHATSOEVER WHAT IT IS) and theres QQ that there is change.

They basicly just said there is some things they are not ahppy with at the moment and will fix it. shut up, wait, see, then probably QQ again because thats what you do best even if you would be in a perfect world.

oh I agree, we all play for different reasons, trouble is we are all "forced" to play the same way. as I siad, I dont rate BG farming as pvp, nor do I rate farmers as pvpers, because they only care about shinys an gaining them as fast as possible.

But that is their playstyle.

My playstyle is to actually pvp in the world. Trouble is I have no progression open to me, an I get utterly crushed in a world pvp fight because some muppet has botted/exploited his shinys in 48 hours, an all I use is my quest orange gear.

As I have already said, 300 kills an I have NOTHING for it, I dont give a monkeys about shinys themselves but some sort of progression is badly needed for real pvpers.

They will loose players to GW2 if there is real pvp in tor because GW2 is Being built expressly for the world pvpers.

Hmm why is world pvp real pvp?

Getting zerged by 10 guys is not real pvp.

40 vs 40 in the middle of a field is terrible pvp.

Try beeing a melle and see what you do.

There is no strategy or skill. It is just zerg the guy who is out of position.

The only good world pvp is 1v1 and you can have that in this game.

Just go to the less populated ilum and your good to go.

they can go ahead and remove the expertise stat entirely. it wont fix 'balance', because bad players will still get destroyed by good players, and then bad players come to fill the forums with their tears. that will never change

The QQ would be considerably less since now you won't have annoyed players because they got beat by some 23 hour gaming day neckbeard that farmed lowbies for a month solid and were already champ/bm geared by the time the 50 bracket and Ilum changes rolled around.

Would I mind the gear that much if people hadn't exploited a poor system? Probably not, but it does not change the fact that a bunch of people got handed there gear on a silver platter and are now milking that advantage for all it's worth.

Hmm why is world pvp real pvp?

Getting zerged by 10 guys is not real pvp.

40 vs 40 in the middle of a field is terrible pvp.

Try beeing a melle and see what you do.

There is no strategy or skill. It is just zerg the guy who is out of position.

The only good world pvp is 1v1 and you can have that in this game.

Just go to the less populated ilum and your good to go.

in 300 kills I have not been zerged once. I've died 1v1 ive died 3 v 1.... an I've killed 1v2 etc etc etc... point is, its pvp because the entire win or lose is on you. not 10 other people running round a single room. There is no warning in pvp, you dont know is gonna be there.

you dont know what they are gonna do

you dont know when they will show up

you dont know how good or bad they are.

Basiclly it's pvp... I have to actually learn how to use my class, I dont have shinys to play the game for me. As for being a melle I am a JK guardian full defense spec.

How does "reducing the power difference" mean nerfing PvP gear? They could just as easily introduce easier to acquire entry level PvP gear for new 50s, like making Centurion gear buyable. BW will have a *****torm on their hands if they nerf PvP gear people spent a month acquiring.

I read the post, but it didn't say any specifics on what they plan on doing. So there's no reason to jump ship just yet and automatically assume farming PvP gear will be worthless. Bleh, but I really don't understand why they took out the Blue PvP set for Warzone Comms if they're so concerned for fresh 50s. Or maybe their intention is to re-introduce it, who knows. Not any of us, that's for damn sure.

What I see here are pvp valor farmers afraid that the new up and comer will be able to kick his butt because he no longer has the I win gear advantage.

Three words

Learn

to

Play

What the heck is a valor farmer? People who play PvP a lot like thats a negative thing now? Sounds like sour grapes to me. The concern is over BW diminishing the value of the time players have put into the game by earning their PvP gear.

What the heck is a valor farmer? People who play PvP a lot like thats a negative thing now? Sounds like sour grapes to me. The concern is over BW diminishing the value of the time players have put into the game by earning their PvP gear.

they are exploiters, kill traders, speed hackers, botters, account sharers, afk farmers....

it's battlegrounds theres no pvp involved..

No, the concern is solely people with gear being scared they can't ez mode win all the time when people don't have half their health and damage.

Whether or not you think pvp is about pvping, or getting material things over time- fact is, they're moving towards pvp being more about the pvp aspect than the progression aspect.

If you prefer progression... well, there's always pve.

Man the Swtor community is so spitefull its amazing just have to say.

To anyone thinking you dont need skill in high end PvP, go play vs premades with a good setup and a plan and see how much gear matters.

To put it into perspective the Battlemaster lightsaber has around 7 points more of the stats Champion also had IE 7 more Willpower so on and so forth,so feel free to bash on the people who put time into working for the gear because we understand that work=reward.

But seriously, I dont expect to hop into a nightmare mode PvE encounter and do decently, why? Because I dident work for the gear these people already have, so I have to grit my teeth and do it and it will be satisfying as hell when I get it.

Screw PvP gear nerfs and implement rated asap and allow 8v8 premades and the entitled crowd of whiners can enjoy their own 50 unrated bracket.

Its coming to the point where I dont even bother trying to write a coherent statement anymore due to the sheer volume of ignorance on this forum.

Edited by Kulthiron

Sometimes when I read these forums I just get amazed. I'm going to have to choose my next words carefully, because otherwise I might receive a nice little PM from a Biodroid with an infraction.

Let's just call it people who are not as informed as they should be, when they create posts/topics concerning PvP.

Let me just point you to this statement, easily accessible from the dev tracker:

"Fair concerns... but nobody said anything about nerfs for PvP gear just yet.

There are many ways of achieving our intended goal, from stabilizing early gear acquisition through diminishing/removal of the random factor to the introduction of new gear over time... and a dozen other methods in-between.

To spell it out: We currently have no intention to modify the stats on existing PvP gear downwards (which I assume you mean by 'nerf'). Nobody has talked about eliminating the gap between old level 50s and new level 50s either.

-- Georg"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2428381#edit2428381

Thanks for quote.

It's not a problem of players that are desinformed. But problem of BW/EA of putting out the information wrong ;)

The ENTIRETY of the issue with PvE/PvP gear disparity is due simply to the fact that there was no initial tierization (can't believe I used that as a word) between columni and tionese and champions/centurion gear. Had people been routed to gear in appropriate tiers then there would have been no issue.

Let me dispel a myth that seems to be going around:

Columni gear IS better than Champion gear for PvE: Straight up, it has more stats, more endurance etc.

All bioware REALLY needs to do (and they're taking steps to do this) is to create a system where gearing for PvP and PvE is tiered properly so that players do not effectively skip them to reach the top tiers. The whole "ZOMG PVP GEAR IS GETTING NERFED FML" is sensationalist BS that someone with the attention span of a 13 year old extrapolated without reading into the issue.

Game developers are NOT retarded, get your head out of your *** and stop thinking that bioware's got it in for you. They want their game to succeed just as much as you do.

It didn't take too long to get tired of seeing white and red glowing bad guys rolling over my 650 expertise character in a matter of seconds. Adrenals and relics need a big time nerf in PvP because all the crowd control and interrupts in this game already favors the aggressor.

The Reason why PvP geared tanks have so little HP vs PvE geared tanks is simple... The War Leader gear and what not is not properly stated.... I mean really a Jugg in Champion PvP gear has maybe 400 more HP then a DPS jug in Champion DPS gear....

The ENTIRETY of the issue with PvE/PvP gear disparity is due simply to the fact that there was no initial tierization (can't believe I used that as a word) between columni and tionese and champions/centurion gear. Had people been routed to gear in appropriate tiers then there would have been no issue.

Let me dispel a myth that seems to be going around:

Columni gear IS better than Champion gear for PvE: Straight up, it has more stats, more endurance etc.

All bioware REALLY needs to do (and they're taking steps to do this) is to create a system where gearing for PvP and PvE is tiered properly so that players do not effectively skip them to reach the top tiers. The whole "ZOMG PVP GEAR IS GETTING NERFED FML" is sensationalist BS that someone with the attention span of a 13 year old extrapolated without reading into the issue.

Game developers are NOT retarded, get your head out of your *** and stop thinking that bioware's got it in for you. They want their game to succeed just as much as you do.

It's not a matter of better or not, it's a matter of good enough or not. Is Columi gear good enough for PvP. Not a chance, unless you are one of the fortunate sons with an OP set bonus. Is Champion good enough for PvE? Easily.

This game does make me question how qualified SWTOR designers are at making an MMORPG, and trust me, they want the game to succeed way more than I do. I could care less if the game failed or not at this point.

The day PVE gear get better in PVP is instant quit from my part. I dueled my guild mate with my full champ and 2 BM and he used almost same gear as me. It was even 50/50 win/loss ratio at my part. Then he switched over to full columi and 3 rakata and we startet to duel again. This time he did perform just as well as hes pvp gear. It doesnt make sense, that PVE gear made him just as strong as hes PVP gear, the win/loss ratio still stayd at 50/50. I am assassin and he is powertech.

If they gona nerf PVP gear they have to nerf PVE.

Not sure what all the angst is about.

It's already been stated that their intent was not to "nerf" Battlemaster gear, but simply to make Centurion and Champ more easily attainable. While I find it ironic that they realize this is necessary and address it as if it's some emergent problem when it's entirely due to their own poor design (RNG bags and Cent taking so many commendations to get that only the unluckiest souls will ever have more than 1-2 pieces of it before full champ), it's still the right fix.

No one is going to have to raid to PvP. Your current gear isn't turning into trash. You just might not get to hit the same new 50's wearing greens and lvl 36 mod gear for quite as long before they make themselves at least marginally competitive, and that's a good thing.

It's not a matter of better or not, it's a matter of good enough or not. Is Columi gear good enough for PvP. Not a chance, unless you are one of the fortunate sons with an OP set bonus. Is Champion good enough for PvE? Easily.

This game does make me question how qualified SWTOR designers are at making an MMORPG, and trust me, they want the game to succeed way more than I do. I could care less if the game failed or not at this point.

Columi gear is FINE for PvP if you have enough expertise. Expertise is a wasted stat in PvE, don't pretend like it's useful.

A player in full champion gear will not clear nightmare Soa, similarly a player in full columi shouldn't expect to be a God in PvP.

Not sure what all the angst is about.

It's already been stated that their intent was not to "nerf" Battlemaster gear, but simply to make Centurion and Champ more easily attainable. While I find it ironic that they realize this is necessary and address it as if it's some emergent problem when it's entirely due to their own poor design (RNG bags and Cent taking so many commendations to get that only the unluckiest souls will ever have more than 1-2 pieces of it before full champ), it's still the right fix.

No one is going to have to raid to PvP. Your current gear isn't turning into trash. You just might not get to hit the same new 50's wearing greens and lvl 36 mod gear for quite as long before they make themselves at least marginally competitive, and that's a good thing.

I can agree on that. BUT, it should also applied to PVE gear. Make it faster to gear up in t1-t2 PVE gear so we who dont PVE that mutch can come in to nightmare raids quick and easy.