<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

lilpete

Just had to laugh at this one.

Hes not wrong, if you allowed to just stand there and spam on 1 target for 10 straight minutes, operatives/scoundrels will no doubt win, just because pugnacity -> underworld medicine -> emergency (and op equivalants) is practically spammable.

But honestly in what situation can you stand still spamming a 2 second cast spell?

It's especially annoying in pvp since anyone skilled enough to press the interrupt button kills you (particularly those 6 sec riot strike/quell vanguard/pts).

You main 2 sec cast heal gets interrupted. only thing left that you can cast is HoTs (or kolto pack if you upper hand/ta). Which then pretty much turns into RNG mode where you are just praying that you get UH/TA procs from HoTs (which at best is once per 6 seconds).

For the longest time I endured it because I wasn't 31 yet and didn't have the below 30% emergency medpack spam talent. But turns out that it was pretty worthless given how little emergency medpack actually heals for, doing an average of 1100 per cast (probably get a little better with gear), its not going to save anyone from any reasonably geared dps.

Top that off with no reliable way of escaping and your vanish pretty much makes you useless for 10 seconds (no healing received or done for 10 seconds).

Normally I am fine, if healing is like this for everyone I'll take it, but its clearly not. I am now playing a healing sage which frankly makes me wonder how on earth sages/sorcs aren't nerfed at ALL. Multiple healing spells available incase one gets interrupted. 4K absorb shields. and that freaking crazy aoe ground heal. 30s Force speed by the way is the craziest escape mechanism you can give to a healer

The idea behind sage/sorcs unsustainable healing might work in pve, but seriously in pvp its just not viable limit mechanism. I don't recall the a time where a fight lasted long enough for me to drain my entire force pool without downtime.

(All experience comes from 1-49 bracket, but I would assume healing wouldn't change much in the 50s bracket).

I really HATE playing my sage (the story and voice acting AND companions) so I just went back to my scoundrel but going scrapper instead (props to fem smuggler voice actor and whoever wrote her lines).

Edited by Triik

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was thinking on rolling a sage or sorc for my main class since Scoundrel is completely useless. However, I'm thinking by the time I get to 50 and start enjoying it, it'll also get nerfed. What are your thoughts, and what class would you make to assure it's safety from the nerf comets?

Well since Bioware devs are too retarded to understand basic mechancis and design with class's and how they designed them I would feel pretty safe in saying that every class will get nerfs regardless.

Not because they actually need them like the ranged class's do but because Bioware devs are too *********** stupid as to be able to understand simple game mechanics such as Knockbacks should not be given to every single ranged class along with a stun, immobilize effect and sprints, or in the case of the ranged tanks and heals mitigation.

So .... if I had to say a class it would be Assassin or Shadows. Only because of stealth and the fact that you can stutter run through your opponents halfway.

They nerfed scoundrel - THE least popular class in this game and nowhere near the strongest. So no class is safe here

That's why you're safe.. They nerfed the class with the least ability to be vocal and defend itself to bow to the overwhelming majority of the game.

Hes not wrong, if you allowed to just stand there and spam on 1 target for 10 straight minutes, operatives/scoundrels will no doubt win

Sorry to cut your long post short, but I feel like this is a very accurate description of BW's likely testing environment.

Just 10mins of uninterrupted, unhindered healing/dps'ing and oh my - Ops/Scoundrels on top!

Nerf ahead.:rolleyes:

Sorry to cut your long post short, but I feel like this is a very accurate description of BW's likely testing environment.

Just 10mins of uninterrupted, unhindered healing/dps'ing and oh my - Ops/Scoundrels on top!

Nerf ahead.:rolleyes:

...and I concur.

Seriously guys? This early into a new MMO and you are going to see a lot of nerfs and buffs within the next 6 months or so.

Get over it.

Play what you want to play because lets face it, we don't have a clue what the current state of each class is going to be.

And if you want to play the flavor of the month based on power level, well that's your problem. (because they will most likely get balanced out in a future patch).

Im sticking with my current toon no matter what. There is always going to be ups and downs as they balance the classes.

Seriously guys? This early into a new MMO and you are going to see a lot of nerfs and buffs within the next 6 months or so.

Get over it.

Play what you want to play because lets face it, we don't have a clue what the current state of each class is going to be.

And if you want to play the flavor of the month based on power level, well that's your problem. (because they will most likely get balanced out in a future patch).

Im sticking with my current toon no matter what. There is always going to be ups and downs as they balance the classes.

This.

Bioware is afraid to nerf sorcs because so many people play the class that there would be a big backlash. Very few people will stop playing sorcs, except to get variety in pve raids. More people will play sorcs, until the ratio approaches something ridiculous like 90% of the player base.

The only way to stop the madness is to do the required changes to get the classes as closely balanced as possible, and then deal with the backlash when it occurs and move on. The most unhealthy thing for the game would be to not correct the imbalance knowing that it exists.

BioWare/Mythic has a love affair with casters. Sorcs/Sages are safe. Ops and Assassins were both nerfed..."coincidentally", those classes were the scissors to the Sorc/Sage paper. My guess is that healing will be nerfed next. It defies logic, but, there ya go.

Besides everyone getting nerfed with the surge changes, I actually think healing will take the next hit.

Healers with lots of expertise and even a little skill are very very strong right now, practially unkillable 1v1.

I expect it to be in the form a reduction/change to the healing buff from expertise.

Besides everyone getting nerfed with the surge changes, I actually think healing will take the next hit.

Healers with lots of expertise and even a little skill are very very strong right now, practially unkillable 1v1.

I expect it to be in the form a reduction/change to the healing buff from expertise.

If they can't keep themselves up 1v1, how are they supposed to keep a group alive. If a Marauder is on a healer and that healer doesn't get peels, it's going down geared or not.

If they can't keep themselves up 1v1, how are they supposed to keep a group alive. If a Marauder is on a healer and that healer doesn't get peels, it's going down geared or not.

Reality check?

No AC should be invulnerable 1v1.

Bioware is afraid to nerf sorcs because so many people play the class that there would be a big backlash. Very few people will stop playing sorcs, except to get variety in pve raids. More people will play sorcs, until the ratio approaches something ridiculous like 90% of the player base.

The only way to stop the madness is to do the required changes to get the classes as closely balanced as possible, and then deal with the backlash when it occurs and move on. The most unhealthy thing for the game would be to not correct the imbalance knowing that it exists.

Or people start to L2P instead of complaining on forums.

***, have you seen the latest patch notes? THEY BUFFED SORCERERS/SAGES

Where?

Edited by Vales

I agree, the idea that they would avoid balancing a class because of its popularity is absurd.

whether people realise it or not, they need a challenge whithout it they will fast get bored of playing. So balancing is just as beneficial to people playing overpowered classes as it is to the rest

You realize Ops are still godly?

I am a very good sage. If an Op unstealths on me, I am doing nothing for 5.5 seconds. He gets the 1.5 sec knockdown, does damage, 4 second stun, does damage, vanishes, unloads again.

By the time I have resolve, I am at 1/2 health and still he goes schnick schnick schnick.

If I see him coming I might have a chance.

Now Ops are crying that they cant guarentee solo someone in heavy armor anymore, awww.