<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

lilpete

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
sorc/sage, bigtime

oh the forums will be flooded with tears, when they cant just throw up a bubble and lightning spam someone down

I hope you are right, these bubbles they use absorb WAY TOO MUCH damage, and they can cast them almost one after the other.

So I was thinking on rolling a sage or sorc for my main class since Scoundrel is completely useless. However, I'm thinking by the time I get to 50 and start enjoying it, it'll also get nerfed. What are your thoughts, and what class would you make to assure it's safety from the nerf comets?

If scoundrel is completely useless to you, you might haeva l2p issue.

They nerfed scoundrel - THE least popular class in this game and nowhere near the strongest. So no class is safe here

Pre nerf, scoundrels/ops were the strongest, and were in a dire need of a nerf. being able to repeatedly burst someone down to sub 20% in their opening stun was too much. To say otherwise just shows complete denial.

Sage would be a very bad move. Them, along with Mercs are most likely next on the nerf-bat list. .

Don't see how nerfing these classes would be a "very bad move". I can attest that force users in general are too strong in huttball. Sorcs can use some tweaks (minor nerfs) and that mercs need something more complicated than TM spam though.

So I was thinking on rolling a sage or sorc for my main class since Scoundrel is completely useless. However, I'm thinking by the time I get to 50 and start enjoying it, it'll also get nerfed. What are your thoughts, and what class would you make to assure it's safety from the nerf comets?

I'd say they will nerf the Sage/Sorcerer. Just because its 100% unnecessary and that follow Bioware's track record of not making sense....

How about instead of playing the fotm you just play what is fun to you, let me guess if you played wow, throughout its inception to now, you probabally played Warlock in vanilla, resto druid in bc, Warlock again in wrath and resto shaman in cata, sound about right?

You realize Ops are still godly?

I am a very good sage. If an Op unstealths on me, I am doing nothing for 5.5 seconds. He gets the 1.5 sec knockdown, does damage, 4 second stun, does damage, vanishes, unloads again.

By the time I have resolve, I am at 1/2 health and still he goes schnick schnick schnick.

If I see him coming I might have a chance.

Now Ops are crying that they cant guarentee solo someone in heavy armor anymore, awww.

At which point he can no longer stun you and does only moderate dmg attacks - this is assuming any op would blow his 2 min CD that saves his life when things go wrong, just to get you to 50%.

Now it's your turn, you pop a medpack or instant heal, then start casting your various heals. The op interupts you, but that's on a 12 sec CD and only locks out one of your heals. You cast the other and shortly you are back at full health.

By this time you're maybe 10 GCDs into the fight and your tank / team should be pounding him flat. He can't vanish because he wasted that CD earlier and so he dies.

I cant break 5k dmg on my scroundrel but a tank with alot of defense can crap load of dmg.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHuwPm6aDhs

Hello, I'm from the days where 10-49 isn't in it's own bracket and surge hasn't been nerfed. Please change these things now!

Present day... Jug/Guard that spec the shared tree only have one defensive CD on a long CD and they are pretty much a one hit wonder with something that is counterable (cleanses/interrupts). So i think they're fine.

There are certain trees that need to be buffed:

-Combat/Carnage for Sentinals/Mauraders comes to mind.

-A few 31 point skills like Powertech/Vanguard stuff

I think the utility of Sages/sorcs is a bit much, but they are fine if you know how to use the interrupt button. Pro tip, the channeled pebbles/lightning is the key to their whole deal, interrupt that before they get their proc...

I find it really cool that every class has been mentioned in needing a nerf in this thread, taht's as close to balance in an MMO as you'll get :)

I don't like nerf's however, I believe that rework is needed for huttball.

The Huttball should give a debuff which doesn't allow you to get pulled, charge onto other players or use any movement increasing abilities while carrying it.

People which calling for nerfs are usually not beyond centurion equip, if you had at least full champion equip the received damage would not matter as much. Its not a matter of imbalanced class more likely a big difference in equip.

Hmmm I think Sorcs/Sages need to bend over and grit their teeth. Bioware is coming in dry.

Vulgar mental images aside, I play a healer OP and enjoy it immensly. Mainly because it is hard to play the class. You have to think about where you position, what heal to use etc. When I hit 50, I immediately picked up two Centurion pieces, and worked up from there.

I've started getting 5k heal crits and, on occasion, slamming down 300k+ of healing.

Sometimes I even out heal the Sorcs :p

Hes not wrong, if you allowed to just stand there and spam on 1 target for 10 straight minutes, operatives/scoundrels will no doubt win, just because pugnacity -> underworld medicine -> emergency (and op equivalants) is practically spammable.

But honestly in what situation can you stand still spamming a 2 second cast spell?

It's especially annoying in pvp since anyone skilled enough to press the interrupt button kills you (particularly those 6 sec riot strike/quell vanguard/pts).

You main 2 sec cast heal gets interrupted. only thing left that you can cast is HoTs (or kolto pack if you upper hand/ta). Which then pretty much turns into RNG mode where you are just praying that you get UH/TA procs from HoTs (which at best is once per 6 seconds).

For the longest time I endured it because I wasn't 31 yet and didn't have the below 30% emergency medpack spam talent. But turns out that it was pretty worthless given how little emergency medpack actually heals for, doing an average of 1100 per cast (probably get a little better with gear), its not going to save anyone from any reasonably geared dps.

Top that off with no reliable way of escaping and your vanish pretty much makes you useless for 10 seconds (no healing received or done for 10 seconds).

Normally I am fine, if healing is like this for everyone I'll take it, but its clearly not. I am now playing a healing sage which frankly makes me wonder how on earth sages/sorcs aren't nerfed at ALL. Multiple healing spells available incase one gets interrupted. 4K absorb shields. and that freaking crazy aoe ground heal. 30s Force speed by the way is the craziest escape mechanism you can give to a healer

The idea behind sage/sorcs unsustainable healing might work in pve, but seriously in pvp its just not viable limit mechanism. I don't recall the a time where a fight lasted long enough for me to drain my entire force pool without downtime.

(All experience comes from 1-49 bracket, but I would assume healing wouldn't change much in the 50s bracket).

I really HATE playing my sage (the story and voice acting AND companions) so I just went back to my scoundrel but going scrapper instead (props to fem smuggler voice actor and whoever wrote her lines).

+1

sorc bubbles are stupid

I didn't say they were viable nerfs.

I'm saying they are what i was/am expecting from Bioware. ( Editted for English fail. )

Your forgetting, the Shadow was already nerfed. Particularly its Balance Hybrid spec

Assassins Gunslingers and Scoundrels? When Mercs are spamming Tracer missle with back to back 4k crits, Juggs doing 9k aoe crits back to back, Sages healing to full in 2.2 seconds and ****** anyone that touches them? Really?

Juggernauts physically cannot do 9k crits back to back. Rage only allows a single crit from Smash (itself a cooldown ability) after a very long and obvious setup in melee combat, which requires lots of cooldown usage for the buffs to tick up. Every other move a Jugg does in Rage spec does crap damage. Rage trades all other sustained damage for that big Smash, so they're even more bursty than Scoundrels. Furthermore, Critsmash only does 9k to badly geared cloth users with your Relic and Adrenal popped. On average, it'll do about half that - 4.5k - and only if your gear is good. Ever since the surge nerf, 9k is the maximum.

Critsmash is also very easy to avoid, since Smash is a tiny PBAoE. At the very least once a Scoundrel get in position, your moves aren't going to randomly miss.

Contrast this with Operatives and Scoundrels STILL able to knock me down and own me in 5 seconds as a Juggernaut since the nerf, when I'm in about ~330 expertise, and I'll have no sympathy for any operative or scoundrel who nerf herds Juggernauts when we're pretty much in the same boat as you. People laugh at Jugg DPS too, and we're the hardest tanks to play and hardest tanks to heal. I've done both roles, DPS as Vengeance and Tank as Immortal, and even though I think I do all right, people look down their noses at me.

The burst nerf was needed, but should have come with a buff to sustained DPS. I agree. Being bitter over the fact that it didn't, and lashing out against Juggernauts with blatant misinformation doesn't help you get groups, it just gives your misery more company. Instead of nerfherding, you should advocate for actual fixes that would make you guys better.

For what it's worth, the one time I tanked with two Operative DPS in a Hardmode Directive 7, we never once hit enrage timers, and in fact our healer said it was the fastest he'd ever seen the bosses go down, so your DPS isn't NEARLY as bad as you're making it out to be. They were being slammed for doing bad DPS... but guess who was slamming them? THEMSELVES. They would not shut up about how bad their DPS was while doing amazing DPS. No matter how many times we tried to reassure them that they were, in fact, doing fantastic DPS, they refused to fully believe it. I'm honestly starting to wonder if a lot of the anti-hype was just invented.

Edited by Vid-szhite

People laugh at Jugg DPS too, and we're the hardest tanks to play and hardest tanks to heal.

Not even close. SI tanks are -by far- the hardest tanks to heal. A wet paper bag looks at them, and the Assassin loses half of their HP. They are horrible. Something about their mechanic is missing and needs to be addressed when you compare the three tanks.

Juggers are lightyears beyond all other tanks as long as you don't dump all of your points into the tank tree. I have a Jugger friend that tanks and unless theirs 4+ mobs on him, or a couple of DoTs, he simply doesn't lose a meaningful amount of HP. Drop a couple of Op Medic HoTs on him and I can dps unless its a boss fight. Even then, I can still work in some stabbing.

Edited by Brightglade