The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just discovered the website Guild Wars 2 Guru and went through all the information the guys collected from Guild Wars 2 so far. In terms of features and how cool those features are, I think GW2 tops SW: TOR in every way. This game has potential, but damn GW2 will be launching with **** load of features when compared to what this game launched with. Kind of scary when compared to this game, feature wise. Bioware need to step it up. That's just what I think.

Yeah...because what the MMO market REALLY needs is another F2P/P2W sword and wizard game...because there just aren't enough right now. ONE more will probably be the holy grail of gaming.

so you cleaned all of those locations? ... impresive!

Yup. And right now here in Hong Kong, where I work, Merrill Lynch's offices have a lame gray/mirror elevator and the cafeteria in Citibank Plaza has the worst food (other than the sweet and sour fish and bean curd with spicy pork that they have at Simply Life, which costs HKD55).

International building cleaner, with a community college degree, that's me.

It's too bad it's the weekend right now. Sometime next week I'll post for you a picture in my office with the view of central HK with some kind of SWTOR toy (I'll probably catch crap for it) and post it on imageshack or something.

Edited by iheartnyc

Seeing how the population seems to be declining compared to launch, it will be less and not more. But then again only BW/EA know the true numbers.

Compared to a month ago my server "Crucible Pits" had 300+ in the fleet at prime time, but now it is down to 150 at prime time. That is a huge loss. If BW does not come out with something to keep peoples interest, EA will pull the funding for sure. Then we got Warhammer all over again.

FYI I do enjoy the game and plan to keep playing. I am not a hater, just stating what I am seeing.

Part of that is because at launch and especially since it was the holidays, almost all the people logged on every single day for hours at a time, that's just the way it works. It had just gotten out people had been waiting for it for months if not years and people also had a lot of free time on their hands. Some have indeed left, according to EA this number is around 300k, while 1.7 million are still playing and there are 1 million unique log ins per day and an average game time for each player of about 4 hours. These numbers were valid around the 1 of Feb.

Just because there are less people on at one time doesn't mean the numbers have fallen as drastically as it may seem, it just means that people have started to pace themselves a bit or are simply busy with work/school, families etc.

Edited by Runeshard

I for one, just cancelled my subscription. So I can say right now there are only 1,699,999 subscribers.

Actually they said it was a little over 1.7 million, just like they sold over 2 million copies of the game and a little over 300k have left the game (or not started playing but that portion has to miniscule)

Actually they said it was a little over 1.7 million, just like they sold over 2 million copies of the game and a little over 300k have left the game (or not started playing but that portion has to miniscule)

They also said "most" of the active subscribers are paying. So no, the game doesn't have 1.7 million active paying subscribers right now. The number could be as low as 851K. We don't know how long it takes after you unsub before EA no longer considers you an "active" subscriber. We don't even know what EA's definition is of an "active" subscriber. Not everyone plays the game with a recurring subscription, so the system doesn't relegate your account to the "dead" pile just because you stopped paying a few days ago.

Edited by Mannic

Dunno. I myself, cancelled too.

Thing is... will you believe the numbers they put out in 3 months? Like they are going to admit the ship is sinking. But check the server list. Future doesnt look bright in EU servers.

No sinking MMO likes to admit it. But they will eventually. As soon as they start a server consolidation, you can be certain you are on a sinking ship. WAR is a prime example. Too bad, that game had a lot of potential...some of my best RvR/PvP memories took place in WAR.

Remember folks. Warhammer had the same hype about sub numbers behind it once too:

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=371

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/239/view/forums/thread/208915/page/1

October 23rd to be exact EA announced that Warhammer is a success with 1 million subs.

The highest Warhammer sold was 1.2 million copies of the game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Online:_Age_of_Reckoning

It took roughly four months for it to drop from 1.2 to 300k. So check back here in April.

I'm willing to bet that we'll see about a 50% decrease in playerbase by April. You heard it here first.

Edited by DigitalDreamz

No content, no subs.......

Bio failed on this

How in the world do you figure this game has no content? From story missions, main planet mission, quests, Heroics, Flashpoints, crafting, companion quests, space combat, dailies, weeklies, warzone, and going back to do the bonus series quests there is ogles to do. I play about 3-4 hours a night and there is no way I could keep up with everything I just mentioned, and I'm sure I'm even forgetting some stuff.

Maybe you could make the argument that there is not much end game content, but there is just no way that you can make the general argument that the game has no content. If you want to see no content go play FFXIV.

How in the world do you figure this game has no content? From story missions, main planet mission, quests, Heroics, Flashpoints, crafting, companion quests, space combat, dailies, weeklies, warzone, and going back to do the bonus series quests there is ogles to do. I play about 3-4 hours a night and there is no way I could keep up with everything I just mentioned, and I'm sure I'm even forgetting some stuff.

Maybe you could make the argument that there is not much end game content, but there is just no way that you can make the general argument that the game has no content. If you want to see no content go play FFXIV.

Story/Quests - Most people only play through one, because they like to focus on one character. This is only good for 3 days /played.

Heroics/Flashpoints - Basically you do the same stuff over and over and over. In WoW you have low level dungeons, mid level dungeons, high level dungeons/raids. In TOR, you have Flashpoints at low level. You have Flashpoints at mid level and you have Flashpoints at high level. It's recycled over and over again. Fun for 3 runs, then it grows boring on you.

Crafting - Extremely boring, easy at max lvl only to realise you can't really get any of the good stuff unless you raid. Kind of kills the reason to level, not to mention you can level this fully while you do something else. Basically you don't need to count any hours for this.

Dailies/Weeklies - Done in 1 hour max.

Warzone - Extremely boring once you're around valor 50. Especially when you're full Champion and have to keep playing to reach Battlemaster, while you really play for nothing at all. And once you're Battlemaster, all you do is your dailies/weeklies. Which take 1 hour max as we said.

There are currently 550+ MMOs out there now:

http://www.mmorpg.com/

Of those 550 I'd venture to guess 100% of them have story missions, main base missions, quests, heroics, raids, crafting, dailies, weekly quests and battlegrounds.

Quite a few of those games decided to write their own game engine and offer new ideas to:

story missions, main base missions, quests, heroics, raids, crafting, dailies, weekly quests and battlegrounds.

Not SWTOR though. They would rather use a game engine equivalent to a 1985 Yugo with 200k miles and cut/paste a template done over a million times. All this for the discount price of 200+ million dollars! Go go next gen MMO!!!