Stop making female gear have bare midrifts!

Mandilio

What's the big whoop? If you don't wanna show skin on your toon... don't.

Sure, there may be a period of time during which the best gear you can find flashes some flesh, but there are enough gear choices in this game, even early on, to satisfy almost anyone. Stop BMWing and play the game. You'll eventually come across something that adheres to your sense of fashion... or lack thereof.

Fade to Black...

This, right here. You sir, have won this thread.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh I have fun with it (I am female). It's a pixelated avatar. I duo with a friend and he dresses his female guardian in a very revealing outfit too. I find it hilarious when we're doing dailies and we're both in metal bikinis. If I could keep my dancer's outfit while raiding I would =P Where's all the outrage when it's the boys that are topless?

Conservative dress is for my work, I'll let it all loose in a game, thanks!

Plus, I have to wear this http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7154/pveconsulargear.jpg Anyway. :( At least it looks better on a female consular.

That's because Bioware correctly predicted that most consulars would be "female", and all the male companions have personalities and traits that women find attractive. While I like Nadia she is too much like a sister to romance. Anyway, I like my male consular and aren't complaining.

Edited by Agemnon

That's because Bioware correctly predicted that most consulars would be "female", and all the male companions have personalities and traits that women find attractive. While I like Nadia she is too much like a sister to romance. Anyway, I like my male consular and aren't complaining.

I'm sure Qyzen really appeals to the ladies. :p

(I know he's not romancable and that's not the direction you were taking it, but I had to.)

Would you care to cogently elaborate on your point, as I don't see the relevance.

Allow me. On the cover of most Conan books, there is at least one scantily clad or naked female. I believe his point is that the entire fantasy/sci-fi genre is, in effect, sexist in portraying women in revealing armor. That's how I figure it, anyhow. lol

Does cloth really help you protect you to begin with... against a blaster or lightsaber? Is a bare stomach more exposed?

I mean unless there's something special about it like super flexible heat-resistant kevlar or something... Just saying, I'd like to see this game have heavier armor all around, or have it glow to give some indication that it's not just normal cloth.

Anyway, I think the Sith are presented as more sexual than Jedi (using emotion/passion and all), so maybe the art department was trying to distinguish that. Still doesn't make it right though. Unless they make bare midriffs for MEN too. I'd be down for that, lol.

Edited by Stenrik

Fully agree with OP.

If some gear has bellybutton its all good, as long as its for both sexes, otherwise its just pointless sexism that sets us all back to the frickin stone age.

Had the same crap in wow, in some cases it could look like this:

Male: plated pants

Female: Plated thonglike piece.

Makes no sense, atleast make it a thing you can turn on and off in preferences.

Edited by janne_josefsson

With my level 50 female SI I haven't seen a single bare midrift outfit she could have used, same with my level 23 Smuggler. My level 16 Jedi Knight had one from Tython.

Bare navels aren't a fetish of mine, but I wouldn't mind a few lighter outfits for my characters, especially for having played my SI for 20 hours and all the time she has had the kinds of robes that even a Victorian lady couldn't have considered anyway immodest.

My male BH could, as a fair exchange, have an outfit that would consist mainly of a codpiece and covering himself in motor oil or something. :p

Edited by Rouge

More PANTS options for Light Armor!!! More PANTS options for Light Armor!!!!

Say it with me, peeps! :D

MORE PANTS OPTION FOR LIGHT ARMOR.

agree.

Had to reroll my consular, and having nightmare of the wedding dress to come until I can finish Alderand and get the Commidation pants.

haha this is the first amusing thread I've seen in a while. I can see how it might be frustrating for female characters.

My only question though is, does anything actually stop a light saber? In the movies they cut through ships and walls and just about everything with those things. I figured everyone in the SW universe wore skirts and dresses and silk hoods because it didn't really matter what they wore, a light saber will still tear your **** up, and that they might as well get the mobility boost in wearing lighter things. Metal can stop other metals (depending on the quality and hardness), but can metal stop light saber?

Am I wrong here? If they covered those bellies up, I bet my saber could still cut them in half....

The movies and comics have jedi's and sight with some skin showing... I don't see the issue.

As someone else say, armor would not help vs lightsabers anyway, and when it comes to blaster, if the armor actually did anything, troopers would have been invincible in firefights.

I'd say Jedis/siths either deflect in comming attacks or are of rather acrobatic nature, evading fire or jumping around.

The game offers I think 2 designs with a bare midrift, with some color variations at different levels. All the other gear (99%) is nicely buttoned up.

In addition, you can just get orange gear of a different class and mod it to get whatever look you're after.

My female marauder wears mostly dark agent gear, looks stylish and classy.

If anything the game needs more Fabio on the male side, with a lightsaber.

Edited by Strangefate

haha this is the first amusing thread I've seen in a while. I can see how it might be frustrating for female characters.

My only question though is, does anything actually stop a light saber? In the movies they cut through ships and walls and just about everything with those things. I figured everyone in the SW universe wore skirts and dresses and silk hoods because it didn't really matter what they wore, a light saber will still tear your **** up, and that they might as well get the mobility boost in wearing lighter things. Metal can stop other metals (depending on the quality and hardness), but can metal stop light saber?

Am I wrong here? If they covered those bellies up, I bet my saber could still cut them in half....

Its not frustrating for all female characters. It doesn't bother me and I'm female. Actually the outfits are not any worse than what you may see at the beach this summer so please.

Some of them are fine. However there are some like for example the Sith Assassin/Sorc tier piece that just makes you go "WHY?". There was also some Sith jugger chest that had a tittypad and a half-skirt (nothing at the front) and a bare midriff that just looked completely idiotic.

Oh and I'm a guy. It's not about showing skin, it's about looking completely stupid.

Its not frustrating for all female characters. It doesn't bother me and I'm female. Actually the outfits are not any worse than what you may see at the beach this summer so please.

Maybe frustrating was the wrong word haha. I guess I just can't relate as I usually try to make my characters the ugliest brutes of manly strength possible. I've made some ugly bastards over the years.

Here we go. Perfect compromise. For the ladies who want eye candy, get this vest in the game for male medium armor. lol

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wrenga_Jixton

If anything the game needs more Fabio on the male side, with a lightsaber.

hahahaha what these guys said! I think I'd break my ugly dudes rule if I could make an Antonio Banderas meets Mr. Fabio Suave character.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.