Shuttle? Orbital Station? Airlock? Class Airlock? WHY?!

MrOuija

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who claimed it took less than 30 seconds.

Assuming across the galaxy means travelling from Planet A to Planet Z - across.

OK sorry if it was my confusion. Getting to the Republic fleet doesn't take too long. Going anywhere else does.

The timesinks are the only thing that has made me consider cancelling my subscription. This one is the worst. If I can get a pass to Fleet why can't I get a pass to my ship?

In addition to this annoyance... Get rid of the timesinks built in to the cool down on quick travel and find some other way to implement death penalty. My time is the biggest investment I make in this, or any, game. Don't steal it from me. Stealing my time -- taking it for absolutely no good reason and not giving me play/fun in return -- will make me quit playing.

My time is the biggest investment I make in this, or any, game. Don't steal it from me. Stealing my time -- taking it for absolutely no good reason and not giving me play/fun in return -- will make me quit playing.

Nicely put.

This holds true for me as well.

Why?

Well I have been trying to figure out why in the hell they would even include the space stations causing and extra 5 minutes of travel time. They CLEARLY made a conscious decision to add this to the game.

Its ONE minute. 60 seconds to travel from the airlock to the planet via shuttle.

I think the OP should change it to include each footstep one has to take, if we are going to be so literal. ZOMG THERE'S 20,000 STEPS TO TRAVEL SOMEWHERE!

edit:

Oh and OP - its called Fleet Pass. Get a security key and instantly travel to the fleet or use the fleet shuttle on the planet. You're taking the long way and the complaining that its long. Dur.

Edited by uebermann

Yes, changing planets is ridiculously tedious. And you're only getting to the planet, not the quest location itself often enough!

If I had my own space ship, I'd try to get a landing clearance directly on the planet. (Depending on defenses, I might even eschew that and just land whereever I want.)

Yeah, right... Staring at loading screen adds to immersion big time. Sometimes I wish there was a loading screen when I leave my apartment or even when I 'zone in' to bathroom.

I really dread phasing into bathrooms. I mean, you first have to enter to check if anyone is sitting there, if there is toilet paper or hand towels and so on. Really annoying.

Its ONE minute. 60 seconds to travel from the airlock to the planet via shuttle.

I think the OP should change it to include each footstep one has to take, if we are going to be so literal. ZOMG THERE'S 20,000 STEPS TO TRAVEL SOMEWHERE!

edit:

Oh and OP - its called Fleet Pass. Get a security key and instantly travel to the fleet or use the fleet shuttle on the planet. You're taking the long way and the complaining that its long. Dur.

Okay.. yes but that'd first require me to purchase a smartphone - correct? So I'm to pay umteen ammount of currency in order to have an decent traveling time in an MMORPG?

how often can u use a fleet pass? Isn't the cooldown like 18 hours or something? Durrr

Edited by Sconnoll

Goal: Get to Republic Fleet.

Steps:

1. Find Shuttle

2. Chose Orbital Station

3. Wait for the loading screen to complete

4. Run through Orbital Station (1~ minute of running)

5. Click Elevator, Chose Airlock

6. Wait for scenery change (10 seconds)

7. Run to Class Airlock Room (1~ minute of running)

8. Enter Space Ship

9. Wait for loading (20~ seconds)

10. Run up to the Galaxy Map inside your ship. (5-10 seconds)

11. Click Fleet

12. Wait for scenery change

13. Run down to ship exit, click door.

14. Wait for loading screen (1-2 minutes depending on performance)

15. Arrive at Fleet

16. Do your business.

16 Steps? Really necessary? This whole process takes like 10-15 minutes or even more, depending whether or not you're close to a shuttle, assuming you even know where the closest one is.

Get your **** together. We don't like _pointless_ traveling like this. This is NOT our idea of fun.

You can actually skip all of that and buy a fleet pass for 1000credits....

the real kicker comes in certain later class quests you have to travel to planet a, where you send back to the fleet immediatly, after like clicking on one guy. then in the fleet you have get told to visit planet b, whcih sends you to your holoterminal, that sends you back to the fleet which sends you to planet c which sends you back to planet a ...

Yes it does happens, SI for example. And all you do is traveling and clicking on some npcs to get told to go there, nothing else.

Okay.. yes but that'd first require me to purchase a smartphone - correct? So I'm to pay umteen ammount of currency in order to have an decent traveling time in an MMORPG?

Fleet pass shouldn't be on the security key vendor only, it's an absurd decision by Bioware to make it so. :mad:

Steps:

1. Find Shuttle

2. Chose Orbital Station

8. Enter Space Ship

11. Click Fleet

15. Arrive at Fleet

16. Do your business.

16 Steps? Really necessary? This whole process takes like 10-15 minutes or even more, depending whether or not you're close to a shuttle, assuming you even know where the closest one is.

Get your **** together. We don't like _pointless_ traveling like this. This is NOT our idea of fun.

So you ignored what was said in a previous thread and make a new one to spew this crap? Well guess what I'm giving you the EXACT SAME RESPONSE!!!

ORRRRR...

1. Find Fleet Shuttle which is ON EVERY PLANET NEAR BOTH A QUICK TRAVEL & TAXI!!!
  2. Click NPC
  3. Select Fleet
  4. Wait for load screen
  5. TA DA YOU'RE AT FLEET!!!

What's the problem?

Also how come my list is shorter? MUCH shorter.

Steps:

1. Find Shuttle

2. Chose Orbital Station

8. Enter Space Ship

11. Click Fleet

15. Arrive at Fleet

16. Do your business.

Really? 15 minutes? 1 min of running trough class airlock?

It took me 1 minute and 54 seconds from 2. to 15. so stop exaggerating.

1. depends do you have quick travel or how close to taxi you are, 16. isn't really traveling.

I don't really care about that traveling **** and i don't care if u care, but what really annoys me is how much topics is spawned every day about this subject.

Edited by Za-Gor_Ilvin

Actually, I'd fly my ship directly to the elite quest areas and blow them to kingdom come... loot my stuffs and fly to the mission giver. :D

In all seriousness, the multistep travel process IS tedious. Time sink? I don't mind. Multistep combo of clicking, selecting, etc? Yeah, I mind it.

Have an option to travel to any point on any planet once every 2 or 4 hours? I don't know... something? Anything?

It took me 1 minute and 54 seconds from 2. to 15. so cut the crap.

1. depends do you have quick travel or how close to taxi you are, 16. isn't really traveling.

I don't really care about that traveling **** and i don't care if u care, but what really annoys me is how much topics is spawned every day about this subject.

Going to fleet is one thing, try going to a planet. If you do that in 1:54 then I call BS. It's almost exactly 60 seconds to run from the shuttle to your airlock. How do I know? I sent my companion off to sell goods and he arrived 2 seconds prior to me boarding my ship. Now, reverse that when going to a planet with an orbital station. You have minimum of 2 minutes run time + the varying load screen times (usually 60 seconds or so). So, minimum of three minutes to change planets. That doesn't include any other traveling. Just running and clicking. There is a better and more efficient way. I don't even mind the waiting, it's the multiple steps. GRR!

So you ignored what was said in a previous thread and make a new one to spew this crap? Well guess what I'm giving you the EXACT SAME RESPONSE!!!

ORRRRR...

1. Find Fleet Shuttle which is ON EVERY PLANET NEAR BOTH A QUICK TRAVEL & TAXI!!!
  2. Click NPC
  3. Select Fleet
  4. Wait for load screen
  5. TA DA YOU'RE AT FLEET!!!

What's the problem?

Also how come my list is shorter? MUCH shorter.

Sigh.. another fanboy come to bash a perfectly good and valid complaint.

Fine, I hear you. But all that assumes that you're close to a taxi or a shuttle and your Quick Travel isn't on CD. Besides, I can tell that you haven't progressed much in game. Because I know for a fact that many planets require you to click Orbital Station. (Try Tython for example)

And for funsies - here's also a stupid scenario for you:

Alright! Just completed the objective in the really deep cave. Let's go back! Okay.. A fleet shuttle. Ok let's see which one is the closest.. Alright there. I'll just use my Quick Tra-- GAH! It's on cooldown. I guess I'll have to use my moun- oh right, I'm not lvl 25 yet. Guess I'll take use of my Sprint abili- oh wait, I'm not lvl 14 yet. I guess I'll have to walk.

Okay, see how frustrating this could get?

Just want to say that yes, I'm level 50.

It took me 1 minute and 54 seconds from 2. to 15. so stop exaggerating.

Also, that time estimate included traveling time to find your closest shuttle.

Edited by MrOuija

Sigh.. another fanboy come to bash a perfectly good and valid complaint.

Fine, I hear you. But all that assumes that you're close to a taxi or a shuttle and your Quick Travel isn't on CD. Besides, I can tell that you haven't progressed much in game. Because I know for a fact that many planets require you to click Orbital Station. (Try Tython for example)

And for funsies - here's also a stupid scenario for you:

Alright! Just completed the objective in the really deep cave. Let's go back! Okay.. A fleet shuttle. Ok let's see which one is the closest.. Alright there. I'll just use my Quick Tra-- GAH! It's on cooldown. I guess I'll have to use my moun- oh right, I'm not lvl 25 yet. Guess I'll take use of my Sprint abili- oh wait, I'm not lvl 14 yet. I guess I'll have to walk.

Okay, see how frustrating this could get?

Just want to say that yes, I'm level 50.

~facepalm~ I am talking about the Fleet Shuttle. Takes you DIRECTLY TO FLEET. My goodness. Even IF your QT is on cool down you would have to get to a Taxi ANYWAY regardless if what travel system was in place. If from the time you reach the spaceport you can BAM instantly get to your ship if your QT is on cooldown you would STILL HAVE TO find a way to a taxi. Then you can AFK as you all want to do while the taxi takes you to the FLEET SHUTTLE. Then take the FLEET SHUTTLE so you can DIRECTLY go to the FLEET.

Also if you're not level 14 guess what ALL those steps you mentioned in your original post becomes null n void. You don't got to go through ANY orbital station unless you got a ship. You don't got to go to a ship hanger because guess what... YOU DON'T GOT A SHIP YET!!!

Quit trying to over exaggerate to make a useless point. I guess logic and facts is lost on you. I am showing you IN GAME methods (no hacks, exploits, cheats extra money spending) to get where you're going and all you want to do is drum up new and inventive ways to TRY and fail to prove your point.

It's kinda funny, but most MMOs I've played have had horrible tedious time sinks for traveling around on release. And strangely enough, over time they've all gotten rid of most of those timesinks, added faster travel, more locations you can port to and so on. So why can't any MMO devs just look at other games, realise that travel timesinks are not what people want, and get it right the first time?