You could only Dream of this PvP MMO!

HileyQuiggley

What do I hope for when I play a game for its PvP on a PvP server? You care not but thats not going to stop me from posting. At least its not a nerf cry or gear cry.

1. 3 faction open world

2. Central Capital City faction controlled

3. This City contains the only Gear/Weapons in the game aside from crafting.

4. This City has multiple barriers to go through before being controlled.

5. World mobs drop credits, skins, craftable material.

6. Player kills and sieges are the only way to gain exp and reach max level

7. After killing so many other players you unlock new character features including titles, scars, haircuts, missing fingers, ears etc

8. Your faction cities would contain the crafting areas where all crafting has to be done. Merchants that sell only crafting material, heal pots, buff pots

9. Guild only crafting option for siege equipment

10. Housing areas for player houses, Guild houses

11. Faction markets and black markets

12. Faction markets being able to sell items you may have gotten extra from the Capital City when you controlled it.

13. Black markets used to purchase items that other factions have listed if they wish.

14. Max group size 10, Battlegroup 50, Raid 300

15. Guild controlled Towers in the open world giving different buffs for controlling other factions towers. Making keeping the Capital City harder to defend.

16. Exact mirrored classes

17. DPS class, Tank class, Healer, CC class, Stealth DPS

DPS class: Single target spec line, high dps, low HP or AoE target spec line medium dps, low HP

Tank class: Protection spec guarding individual players or self. Shield spec providing group bubbles and damage reduction. Massive HP amount, little dps

Healer: Single Target healer high amount, medium hp, min DPS. Group healer medium amount, min DPS

CC class: Single target CC high duration, low hp, low dps. Group CC low duration, medium hp, low DPS

Stealth DPS: Single target spec, medium DPS, medium HP. Group spec low DPS, low HP, able to hide your group. Stealth uncovered by other Stealth and Tanks.

18. Passive abilites also available from merchants via credits.

Crit% 2%, 5%, 7%, 10%

DPS% 1%-5%

DPS Reduction: 1%-5%

CC Reduction: 10%-50%

AoE range increase 1%-5%

etc etc

19. These passives can be bought in faction controlled towers.

20. Battlegrounds for levels 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-49 and 50

21. Battlegrounds not being timed, you only have to leave when you reach the max level.

22. Death penalties including HP and DPS reduction. Able to be cured at a very small cost according to level.

Im bored at work as you can tell. Strict PvP idea, not big on PvE but not saying there wouldnt be here. PvE being the main Credit achiever even though you would get credits from other players.

you've just listed guild wars 2's features.

If thats true then Im probably there. I tried to mix a few things, alot of ideas from DAoC and a few I tried to be original about like the gear thing only in the Main City that was controlled by 1 side only. Making crafting a main source of income if you didnt have control for a while.

Well, a lot of tech is coming, but it can take decades to them become a final product.

I didn't play DAoC, so I can only assume that it had less complicated combat calculations or more client orientired then in WoW or TOR. SAme can be said of EVE - it's completely different type of combat.

Edited by DGolubets

I would add- friendly fire and loss of valor or pvp currency for killing your own team.

There's truly so little strategy when melee can stun (or backstab) and others can aoe onto the same ground at the same time... but only the opponent dies. AOE is avoidable? Hypocrasy.

Enemy tosses down AOE...everyone should get hit... his team and the enemy. Doing it without killing your own... that would be a challenge.

Interresting. Though I doubt you'll see 300vs300 pvp in the near future - it's almost guaranteed server crash yet..

I was actually there local spiked around 1800-1900 was still playable although there was a delay that started with about 1400 in local, was a nice fight, was a fun week as well doing 16+ hour ops lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGDWsIF37g4&feature=related

Later on i was also involved in the LXQ2-T wich peaked over 3k.. was unplayable but it was interesting to see that many people in one system.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/10/30/the-largest-battle-ever-held-in-eve-online-is-going-on-right-now/

Man you WoW kiddies act like you are the center of the universe when it comes to mmos..

Edited by Razot

If GW2 is close to this then im there. Havent really looked into it. Ive seen some videos and it looked ok. Havent read about features but if they can get 300vs300 ill be happy to give it a shot.

GW2 is supposed to have a 'structured combat' system- an open world pvp but classes start out with the same stats, gear, abilities, etc... so it's a tactics, skill based fight instead of a gear vs gear fight.

Edited by Dharst

I was actually there local spiked around 1800-1900 was still playable although there was a delay that started with about 1400 in local, was a nice fight, was a fun week as well doing 16+ hour ops lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGDWsIF37g4&feature=related

Later on i was also involved in the LXQ2-T wich peaked over 3k.. was unplayable but it was interesting to see that many people in one system.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/10/30/the-largest-battle-ever-held-in-eve-online-is-going-on-right-now/

Man you WoW kiddies act like you are the center of the universe when it comes to mmos..

Again, space and normal ground battles are not the same. The closer game to FPS the less players it can handle. I will see if GW2 changes something, but I doubt it will.

Again, space and normal ground battles are not the same. The closer game to FPS the less players it can handle. I will see if GW2 changes something, but I doubt it will.

Well the tech is there with the stackless I/O

http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Stackless_I/O

And it was amazing till CCP released the Dominion expansion then everything went back to crashes and lag. Its all about hardware and code, and somehow CCP screwed up.

SOE has a new engine for Planetside 2 that i am hoping will take things to the next level.

What is amazing about EVE is that this isnt like a west coast ot east coast shard this is one shard from people all over the world. That fight in H-W spiked at like 1800-1900 people thats just not west coast or Europe, That was from people all over the world and the lag was only about 30 secs on average.. as things got messy with drones/fighters lag went up to about a minute for a few then came back down.. it was pretty frikkin cool tbh.

Edited by Razot

What do I hope for when I play a game for its PvP on a PvP server? You care not but thats not going to stop me from posting. At least its not a nerf cry or gear cry.

1. 3 faction open world

2. Central Capital City faction controlled

3. This City contains the only Gear/Weapons in the game aside from crafting.

4. This City has multiple barriers to go through before being controlled.

5. World mobs drop credits, skins, craftable material.

6. Player kills and sieges are the only way to gain exp and reach max level

7. After killing so many other players you unlock new character features including titles, scars, haircuts, missing fingers, ears etc

8. Your faction cities would contain the crafting areas where all crafting has to be done. Merchants that sell only crafting material, heal pots, buff pots

9. Guild only crafting option for siege equipment

10. Housing areas for player houses, Guild houses

11. Faction markets and black markets

12. Faction markets being able to sell items you may have gotten extra from the Capital City when you controlled it.

13. Black markets used to purchase items that other factions have listed if they wish.

14. Max group size 10, Battlegroup 50, Raid 300

15. Guild controlled Towers in the open world giving different buffs for controlling other factions towers. Making keeping the Capital City harder to defend.

16. Exact mirrored classes

17. DPS class, Tank class, Healer, CC class, Stealth DPS

DPS class: Single target spec line, high dps, low HP or AoE target spec line medium dps, low HP

Tank class: Protection spec guarding individual players or self. Shield spec providing group bubbles and damage reduction. Massive HP amount, little dps

Healer: Single Target healer high amount, medium hp, min DPS. Group healer medium amount, min DPS

CC class: Single target CC high duration, low hp, low dps. Group CC low duration, medium hp, low DPS

Stealth DPS: Single target spec, medium DPS, medium HP. Group spec low DPS, low HP, able to hide your group. Stealth uncovered by other Stealth and Tanks.

18. Passive abilites also available from merchants via credits.

Crit% 2%, 5%, 7%, 10%

DPS% 1%-5%

DPS Reduction: 1%-5%

CC Reduction: 10%-50%

AoE range increase 1%-5%

etc etc

19. These passives can be bought in faction controlled towers.

20. Battlegrounds for levels 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-49 and 50

21. Battlegrounds not being timed, you only have to leave when you reach the max level.

22. Death penalties including HP and DPS reduction. Able to be cured at a very small cost according to level.

Im bored at work as you can tell. Strict PvP idea, not big on PvE but not saying there wouldnt be here. PvE being the main Credit achiever even though you would get credits from other players.

Go Play Lineage 2 then.