Former WoW players post here!

trueanimus

1. Character name and server name?

Played since Vanilla, mostly on Aggramar US-PVE and a little bit on Arthas US-PVP. I played on Aggramar as Redken and on Arthas as Nozze.

2. Why did you leave WoW?

Cataclysm wasn't what I wanted. My server community was dead, Blizzard was going to make it worse with Looking For Raid, and the guilds I had grown attached to on the server were disbanding. None of my friends continued to play and I knew I was going to play SWTOR anyway so I quit back in May. :)

3. Are you going to play SWTOR for the long-term?

Definitely plan on it! I'm a BioWare girl and in love with the Old Republic Star Wars era... (Star Wars in general too, heh) so even if it's not as popular as WoW, this is my new home.

Edited by Nozze

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Shu'Halo, Kabuki(Enh Sham) played since TBC.

2 Why did you leave WoW?

Boredom, Raiding was fun but couldn't get the RL time to commit to it. Tired of the overused fantasy theme. The Panda express hit the last nail in for me.

3 are you going to play SWTOR perm?

Are you serious? been waiting years for a good SW mmo so yes....unless they NGE this one too.

Edited by MandraMoody

• 1 month later...

Played on US Terokkar server.

Had 85 Priest, Mage, Paladin, Rogue, Druid, and a bunch of mid level atls.

Played since 2004, long time guilde fell apart, never joined another guild, just did bg's for a while and leveled alts. Should have quit a long time ago.

I am enjoying SWTOR so far, and will probably play casually for a while. Playing on Corellian Run main is Prodigal and other alts are Therapy and Novus.

1. Server and char name

Thrall, Vengeful (I transferred a few times, I go by names such as layloww,crusha, apollyon...I had 10 85's >.<)

2 Why did you leave WoW

Because it was dull, 6 years will suck you dry, catering to casuals, making the game easier and no actual real competition anymore. BC was the best expansion ever in my experience. Also RL got in the way, had no desire to return.

Yes , SWTOR has grown quite well on me, I enjoy it's gameplay quite well, as long they continuously update content and listen to the players on how to improve the game, not dub it down , but make it enjoyable for all players alike.

Edited by Vennge

Lightninghoof

Solarindia solapowuh

kinda got bored with WoW.

Most likely will end up playing this permanently.

Right now im on the us fatman server as solapowuh or lancett. If anyone and i do mean anyone remembers me and doesn't completely hate me let me know if there is a server that a lot of Lightninghoof players decided to play on

1. Feathermoon- Trezeril (85 rogue) - Mercius (85 Priest) couple of alts as well.

2. Left about a year ago but really lost interest after WOTLK was released. They really lost me when it became VERY easy.

3. Life long fan of Star Wars and though I missed out on Galaxies I felt that SWTOR would definitely fit the bill. Will play as long as they don't dumb it down too much.

1. Server and char name

Crompton - Turalyon EU (gnome mage So you will all bow to me) :)

2 Why did you leave WoW

Great game vanilla and even BC, after that it was a joke, i dont get what or why they did with lich king and beyond but ive never known something to go from hero to zero so quick.

Hope so I love the game its a great to play just obviously needs tweaks here and there but that will come

Edited by Crompton

Nordya on Lothar (2006-2010) blood elf paladin.

Nordy on Tichondrius (2011) blood elf warrior.

Basically, WoW died for me in march 2009 when gf passed away, I met her in FFXI in 2004 and played with her all the time. I stayed on WoW but will wasn't much in it. Shuffled between FFXI and WoW. Finally burned out on WoW in july 2011, and never returned there.

It's the plan, of course I hope to find myself a lil' female companion to play with, seems it's my best way to enjoy the game.

Malache - Suramar (US-PvE)

I haven't yet, I'm still an active Heroic raider, my guild went 3/8H this weekend and my raid team went 2/8H on Saturday. I still enjoy the raiding experience in WoW and don't foresee myself leaving that scene anytime soon.

I don't know yet. Right now I'm dual-subbed and loving SWTOR, the single player experience is awesome and I'm loving the tanking mechanics (even if the game needs some work.) On the other hand I really love my raid team in WoW and I still enjoy working on cutting edge content. Once I hit end game here I'll reevaluate which one I want to focus on but for now I'll enjoy the leveling process.

1. Server and char name: Played Vanilla at launch on Bleeding Hollow. Main characters were Nadacow (Hunter) and Nadachiq (Rogue). Took a break after completing Tier 2 gear set and Epic Bow Quest with hunter, Rogue was ultimately shelved. Came back for BC, server transferred to Gorefiend to play with RL friends who had just gotten into WoW. Nadakow (Druid) became my Main.

2 Why did you leave WoW: Left due to feeling like I had a second job. Was burned out on raiding Kara/Sunwell, etc. Burned out on PvP, tired of the same 4 BG's (AV, AB, WG, EotS) Never made it to WotLK or Cata, no interest in going back, had played enough WoW. Tried Warhammer, GW, AoC, and Rift, but none held my attention for long. Warhammer was fun, but became monotonous. Keep takes and objectives were fun for only so long. Was patiently awaiting the arrival of TOR.

3. Are you going to play SWTOR perm: My first child (son) is due in Feb, so that will put a dent in my ability to play any games I'm sure, but other then that going to play TOR as long as I'm having a good time and it holds my attention. So far so good.

Edited by Lividcalm

1. Server and char name:

Altar of Storms: messed around with alts in Vanilla, Zahi (Feral Druid) in TBC and WotLK, then went back to messing with alts in Cata.

2 Why did you leave WoW:

I'm an altaholic and leveling became too quick and easy in Cata. Heroic farming, epeen meters, and various other methods of optimizing the fun out of end-game killed any desire I had to continue playing my max level characters.

3. Are you going to play SWTOR perm:

Too early to say but I'm really enjoying the game so far. I think that the "fourth pillar" with each class having it's own story is going to greatly extend replay-ability and feed my altaholism. WZ are also providing the most PvP fun I've had since WAR, so as long as they don't supplant WZ with arenas I'll probably stick around for a long time just for the PvP.

1. Feathermoon, then moved to The Scryers / too many alts to list

2. Patch 3.2 made BG queue times impossibly long. The "solution" was to transfer (the paid kind) my characters to another server in a busier battlegroup, which I wasn't willing to do, so I quit. Which is just as well because the changes they've made to BGs don't sound like fun for me anyway. Some of the most fun WSG matches were the long, drawn-out ones you had to fight tooth-and-nail to win!

3. Loving SWTOR so far, hoping the PvP will keep me hooked long-term.

1. Server and char name:

WZ are also providing the most PvP fun I've had since WAR, so as long as they don't supplant WZ with arenas I'll probably stick around for a long time just for the PvP.

That's really encouraging to hear (read). :D

1. Server and char name:

Kukaki Human Mage Arcane/Frost 85 - Nordrassil

2 Why did you leave WoW:

Questing became boring, and repetitive. Got tired of looking at same game models just with different skins or levels. Level to 85 in about a week after Cata, and realized why I stopped playing after 80 for 6 months, nothing to do unless you want to Raid constantly.

3. Are you going to play SWTOR perm:

Looks that way so far, I played SWG from Launch back in '03 and really missed playing in the Star Wars Universe. And the storyline of my Marauder and sucked me in! A tear still comes to my eye, when I see the splash screen every night!

1. Server and char name

Wyrmrest Accord, Andianton, 85 Human Mage, Frost

2 Why did you leave WoW

Nothing to do. I had worked my little butt off to get my mage to 85, and by the time I was there, no one would let me raid with them because I didn't have raiding gear one gets from raids.

Yes.

Edited by Guildrum

Server: Hellscream US

Toon: Riyeko (resto druid)

Why I left?

Because it became a chore to relearn everything after Cata.

Plus when I left they had completely screwed restorative druids out of everything, including our coveted tree form.

So screw that.

Probably. I like to play MMORPGs and WoW just got boring. Sure ill miss the people i befriended there, but... oh well.

Played on Garona. Toon names were Xiphius, Artimis, and Sumimasen.

Left because my subscription ran out and i had no desire to renew it.

Staying with Star Wars for a very, very long time. (going to take a little break when Mass Effect 3 comes out)

Also, Does anyone know how I might be able to get my girlfriend to stop playing wow and start playing TOR? The main reason she won't is that she has 4 85's and doesnt want to start completly from scratch. Trying to figure out some way to lure her over.

Also, Does anyone know how I might be able to get my girlfriend to stop playing wow and start playing TOR? The main reason she won't is that she has 4 85's and doesnt want to start completly from scratch. Trying to figure out some way to lure her over.

Start telling her about your questing buddy that you met and are doing all your quests and 2-man heroics together. Talk about him ALL the time. Then a week later tell her you found out it's actually a girl in real life, playing a male toon. :jawa_evil:

Disclaimer: The author of the above will not be held liable for any lost gear, accounts, and/or significant others which may directly or indirectly result from the contents of this post.

• 4 weeks later...

Server: Gilneas

Reason I quit: I'm on-again, off-again. Actually, my main is Level 84. Didn't have the muster for that one last level. Prolly come back for Mists.

Plan on playing Old Republic beyond WoW: Yes. I love this game, I am a Star Wars fan and a Bioware fan. I may come back to WoW once in a while but I'll remain subscribed to KoToR 3.

Moonsong (and spouse Moonray)

Khaz Modan US

Vanguard of War guild - we are still in WoW also, though not as much. We are expanding the six-year, great history of our guild to include both games. vanguardofwar.net or thevow.enjin.com

Kaiburr Crystal US - Vanguard Skypilots

Join our Enjin community!

Edited by EdenMoon

Former WoW players post here!

1. Server and char name

2 Why did you leave WoW

1) I'd be here awhile if I had to list them all... my mains were Eilwyn on Steamwheedle Cartel (Alliance) and Vervain on Thorium Brotherhood (Horde).

Er. On the offchance that you mean server/character name here -- Vervain on Lord Adraas (Empire), and Veraldis on Begeren Colony (Republic).

2) Discontent with Cataclysm and the lack of content. I adored the old world revamp but it felt like they really slacked on 80-85 content. While I am a chronic altaholic, there's only so many times you can go through the same leveling content and have very little to do at 85. The toxicity of the community also was a large part of why I stepped away; I'd been playing since vanilla and remember when WoW folk were nice. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten until I started playing SWTOR and realized that I had grouped up with a couple dozen people and hadn't gotten verbal abuse even once...

3) Dunno. I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 later in the year / next year. I suppose whether I stick with SWTOR long-term will depend on end-game. Right now, though, I'm having a lot of fun leveling bajillions of alts! :)

First, I'm a Blizzard fan from WarCraft's 1, 2, & 3; Diablo, & StarCraft (1).

Played WoW from start, 7 years worth, enjoyed much of it, but ended up not caring for all the expansions although there was some good in some of it.

Server = Suramar (main), Kaz'Goroth (till BC, then much later transfered to Suramar (was second account "main")

Toons: 13 85's on Suramar (2 accounts), Main = friends kept asking me just that :)

After all of the "dumbing" down, which was wearing me down, the growing trolls/rude/gold spammer/ leet people, the Nail in the coffin was MoP. Not the Pandarian nor even the Poke'mon (?) as I don't have to play that part, but the talent "shrub" was too horrendous. They "chose" for you except inane talents that I had and made me choose between stuff I had and used on one hand, and then made me choose between pure bunk I didn't even want. Example, for my Feral Tank, level 15 choose 1,2, or 3 = cat form, cat form, or cat form. Mages lost what the had (mana shield) until 90, and got a choice at 30 or so of 3 different "forms" of Polymorph. And way more, sorry.

I got to the point I would log on, look around, log off.

Yes I plan to stay and play SWTOR, I find it enjoyable.

May toy with some others off and on, but this is where I'll be.

• Server and Character name
    Kael'Thas - Kneehininja, Wackz, Innokenti,
  • Why did I leave WoW
    The game has many good qualities but it's bad ones keep me form enjoying it anymore. They started simplify the game to much. The game as turned into a raid "rinse and repeat" from level 10- to max. to many people get bent out of shape about gear.
  • Am I going to play SWTOR permanent
    I love the lore, but there are things that I hope get addressed in the future. As of now I plan on playing it until the summer. However, if the game doesn't improve, I have my eye on: The Secret World, Blade & Soul and Fallout Online

Edited by WNxSoelus

• 1 month later...