Former WoW players post here!

trueanimus

I don't understand the dislike for pandas. The pokemon game and streamlined talent trees I can understand but not the pandas. WoW is a game full of wolf people, cow people, bison people, walrus people, fish people, snake people, bear people, etc. and pandas is where they jumped the shark?

dude wolves has lore in wc..nagas too..elves too..orcs too..taurens too(cows as u said)..goblins too..w/e PANDAS DONT there is no lore about them only u can play with a SINGLE PANDA in 1 campaign in wc3..

COME ON I WONT DISCUSS THAT WITH A PLAYER WHO DOESNT KNOW WC HISTORY(books etc)..

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Kuulsilma, Mooksilma, Oksadsilma

2. Sporeggar -> Silvermoon

3. Still have the sub for WoW (bcuz of D3). Stopped WoW after I killed Ultraxion/Blacky/Spine and Deathwing without a single wipe the first time I saw the bosses, about 40 min raid. Haven't been to a forest in WoW for about 6 months I think (i dont consider the start of the Elvynn forest, for Duels, a Forest). I do know the path from Reforger to Bank & AH quite well - Dungeon Finder FTW!! LFR for even more Win!!!

I have the very high hopes for SWTOR. And until now what I have seen in the Beta and (online since yesterday) is amazying.

BTW - got my invite yesterday at around 4 pm GMT. Pre-order used on the 8th of August.

Tyvm for making this game BioWare. Don't ever stray from the path U have started here.

Started some 2006. First played at Defias Brotherhood but turned to Al'akir at some point (EU).

Haven´t played for 5 months now. Tried a free 7 days a while back, but it did not get the feeling back. Actually played only 1 day out of 7.

Played in weekend betas in swtor and liked it very much.

How many years is permanent?

I played WoW for 6 years... I my main was a paladin on Sisters of Elune, but I had 9 other toons that where maxxed out. I quit because the drama from top raiding guilds ( I was in all 3 of the top raiding guilds of 3 different servers) was horrendous, and the content got stupid easy. Suddenly everyone was able to get the same gear I busted my *** getting, by just rolling high, versus "earning" it. The people suck to play with, the gameplay was just ********, and frankly, I haven't played in over a year... and I don't miss it at all! Pardon my French... but **** them all!!! :jawa_angel:

Started some 2006. First played at Defias Brotherhood but turned to Al'akir at some point (EU).

Haven´t played for 5 months now. Tried a free 7 days a while back, but it did not get the feeling back. Actually played only 1 day out of 7.

Played in weekend betas in swtor and liked it very much.

How many years is permanent?

umm.. for most 2-3 years.. i played wow from day 1 until last night lol.. so heres to hoping bioware can make this last 7 years!... go team go!

I played WoW for 6 years... I my main was a paladin on Sisters of Elune, but I had 9 other toons that where maxxed out. I quit because the drama from top raiding guilds ( I was in all 3 of the top raiding guilds of 3 different servers) was horrendous, and the content got stupid easy. Suddenly everyone was able to get the same gear I busted my *** getting, by just rolling high, versus "earning" it. The people suck to play with, the gameplay was just ********, and frankly, I haven't played in over a year... and I don't miss it at all! Pardon my French... but **** them all!!! :jawa_angel:

Heh yeah i logged in last night and says in /trade "Evening all.. i just wanted to say i start SWTOR tommrow so screw you all and the horse your rode in on" and logged out ahahah

feels so good to be free of wow.. ill check in until jan 16th when my account dies.. just to make sure i convert as many as i can to swtor.. most of the guild is coming here anyway... but after that blizz can keep wow.

Shodanas, NE hunter on the The Venture Co. EU RP-PvP realm.

In WoW since October 2005, it was time to move on. Besides, i'm a big SW fan, i enjoy Bioware's games and i was watching TOR since the day it was announced.

Yes, i will stay in SW TOR as i like it a lot and i'm sure that BW has tons of stuff in store for the game.

Edited by Galentor

1) Haomarush (EU)

2) because i got sick of elitest wankers not letting me in their raid groups because either a) i didnt have the achevie already or b) my gearscore was like 100 off the needed amount and as such because i couldnt do raids i was stuck in a rut (played for 2 years never once did any raids becuase of this)

3) depends on how later game content is handled, if it goes the same direction as wow where your numbers HAVE to be higher than these numbers so you can see more numbers pop up to reduce your enemies number to zero (obviously gear is an issue but it shouldnt be a perfectionist thing), then i'll probably quit

dude wolves has lore in wc..nagas too..elves too..orcs too..taurens too(cows as u said)..goblins too..w/e PANDAS DONT there is no lore about them only u can play with a SINGLE PANDA in 1 campaign in wc3..

COME ON I WONT DISCUSS THAT WITH A PLAYER WHO DOESNT KNOW WC HISTORY(books etc)..

Um, Pandarans are in WoW history.

They existed in WC3, you played along side one in TFT expansion.

Remember, Chen, the brewmaster. Panda with a chinese hat, got drunk and kung-fu'd stuff.

I agree, Pandarans are dumb, but they were in the lore before blood elves, worgen and draeni, all of which are playable races.

1) Haomarush (EU)

2) because i got sick of elitest wankers not letting me in their raid groups because either a) i didnt have the achevie already or b) my gearscore was like 100 off the needed amount and as such because i couldnt do raids i was stuck in a rut (played for 2 years never once did any raids becuase of this)

3) depends on how later game content is handled, if it goes the same direction as wow where your numbers HAVE to be higher than these numbers so you can see more numbers pop up to reduce your enemies number to zero (obviously gear is an issue but it shouldnt be a perfectionist thing), then i'll probably quit

That was the only thing i did agree with in wow.. the gear check to get into heroics and raid finder... even then, a lot of people just walked around it by getting all pvp gear and cheating the system with gear in thier bags.. nothing like having a low geared healer wiping the raid because they just dont have the mana pool to keep people up or a tank that gets 1 shot because hes too lazy to actually get gear. Not saying you were like that.. but yeah.. for some the gear check was a nuisance.

started in open beta with a tauren warrior named CAN (guess you could use all capital letters then because i think i remember being all capital, maybe not) because i was listening to a song by the band at the time.

ended with a human paladin named buffyxandwill around 6 years later. a long, strange trip.

many, many, many characters and servers inbetween.

funnest times were the beginnings, at the launch when servers were released, i... again made a tauren... this time a hunter, and i just made it to crossroads (this was like maybe 3 hours after servers opened) and you heard the sounds of war in general, "the alliance are coming"... i had never really been in a battle before, in open beta i just kinda roamed around... alliance came about 30 of them through ratchet all low level, the highest level was probably 14 maybe 17 invading our area and we had an epic battle, servers had just opened and i was like "THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!".

alot of epic battles at tarren mill, when world pvp existed, alot of epic world pvp i was involved with. hours and hours of pvp back and forth.

i never raided but i always thought i was a good healer, so to test myself i joined a raiding guild for 25m lich king and we got em down after alot of hard work (before the buffs made it easy and people started to do) and i knew i did an amazing job healing and it proved to myself that i could hang with all those elite raiders who always seemed like they were better than the rest of us.

mostly just enjoyed my times in the battlegrounds, messing with teammates... just fighting the horde. the early battlegrounds owned where there were like 2 hour warsong gulch games. alot of great warsong gulch games untill they tore it apart into what it is now. battlegrounds were way more fun at the start when they first came up.

had alot of fun, i quit basically because the game is unrecognizable now... it's nothing like the game i had fun playing... and i just became tired of the game and burnt out, needing something else.

oddly enough, before i played warcraft i played final fantasy 11 and i had way more precious memories in a much shorter time (2 years) and i cared alot more about that game then i did with wow, it didn't even seem like it mattered when i quit, while in ffxi i almost shed a tear, it was really sad.. i remember riding the boat for the last time and sort of just looking out over the water and remembering all the times i had before i quit.. in warcraft one day i just didn't log in there wasn't any dramatic moment or anything to say goodbye.

so i guess in the end it that's what warcraft was to me, just something to do to pass the time, without very much meaning.

Edited by teambff

1. Kuulsilma, Mooksilma, Oksadsilma

2. Sporeggar -> Silvermoon

3. Still have the sub for WoW (bcuz of D3). Stopped WoW after I killed Ultraxion/Blacky/Spine and Deathwing without a single wipe the first time I saw the bosses, about 40 min raid. Haven't been to a forest in WoW for about 6 months I think (i dont consider the start of the Elvynn forest, for Duels, a Forest). I do know the path from Reforger to Bank & AH quite well - Dungeon Finder FTW!! LFR for even more Win!!!

I have the very high hopes for SWTOR. And until now what I have seen in the Beta and (online since yesterday) is amazying.

BTW - got my invite yesterday at around 4 pm GMT. Pre-order used on the 8th of August.

Tyvm for making this game BioWare. Don't ever stray from the path U have started here.

I've played several MMO's including Warcraft but, Warcraft was the most significant of them for me at seven years played.

1. Server and character name?

Dragonblight and others. Character names aren't important because they don't exist anymore.

2. Why did you leave WoW?

Stale and unimpressive content. Far too many excitable, angry or impatient people in the community with obvious life issues and no regard for others.

3. Are you going to play SWTOR permanently?

Currently, that's the plan. For me, the caliber of the community is just as important as the quality of the game. SWTOR appears to be an intelligent game built by intelligent people. Hopefully the crowd they attract (and more importantly the crowd that remains when the novelty wears off) will be equally impressive. ;)

Edited by Oldbewan

1. Played on a couple of servers tbh in my time.

Shattered Halls EU PVP - As Mallidon, Elandros, Uric, Lilz

Ravenholdt EU RPVP - As Mallidon (Stormrage & Mallidon Stormrage the Cow), Arlethus, Mallishade, Mørtimer, Rascoe, Varulan, Maltheron, Fixxy, Fleabrain, Stampy and others.

Defias Brotherhood EU RPPVP - As Mallidon, Mørtimer, Kalden, Arlethus, Stampy, Dagomar.

2. I left WoW because the things I used to enjoy in it were gone. World PVP was not the same as it was, Battlegrounds were boring (the new ones were not very creative), raids were boring and friends started to fall away from playing. Most of all though, would be because I'd log on, do a JC daily and then just fly around for half an hour before logging off.

3. I certainly hope to play SW:Tor for as long as possible :p

Edited by TheRealMallidon

1. Server and char name?

Lethon - Zohkar (85 Warrior), Zöhkär (85 Shaman), Zõhkãr (85 Hunter), Zôhkâr (85 Mage), Zòhkàr (85 Rogue) and Zóhkár (60 Warlock)

2 Why did you leave WoW?

Cliques, Game became boring, Game not balanced and Next Expansion (Mysts of Pandora)

3 Are you going to play SWTOR perm?

Yes, this time however I will have someone to play with in real life (girlfriend).

1. Alasalynn, Mazod, Mazodeus , Muffdivah

2. Emeriss and former Warsong(russong) on EU

played since vanilla came out .. i remember it like it was yesterday .. starting up with my fluffy female orc hunter <3 remember today the awwness when entering the barrens .. the epic backgroundmusic sigh .. those where the days ..

But Pandas .. hell no!

also registered that someone hacked my account yesterday .. ( realy dont care anymore) let the bastards have it .. i got SWTOR! <3

1. Server and char name:

Played since Vanilla sooo many servers including Firetree, Haomarush, Terokkar, Tanaris and Whisperwind. Characters- PrincessKupo, Pomagranate, Persimmon, Gerbera

2. Why did you leave WoW:

Sadly it was getting a little repetitive, particularly relating to others. Guild created, fun leveling environment, high levels help low levels, high levels get frustrated and want to raid- lots of yelling, high levels break from guild and fail at raiding for months while people learn to raid-even more yelling, join bigger raiding guild and start again, hyperraiding for 8-10 hours a day-so much yelling, overload, WoW break, reroll rinse and repeat.

3. are you going to play SWTOR perm?:

We shall see. It's all new at the moment so of course everyone is crazy over playing. Once things settle and raiding and long term play structures are determined I'll know better if I'm in for the years I spent WoWing it up. But I'll give it a solid 3-6 months easily :)

Started as Kerian on Doomhammer at release, played there for 4 years, transferred as Tahlir to Sentinels for Wrath and ended that expansion in ICC as my pally tank Helenn.

I stopped playing around Cata, just got too repetitive and focused on crap like getting vanity pets rather than having fun and interesting raids.

I'll be playing sw:tor for a while, if I like it I'll stay otherwise maybe gw2?

Played since Vanilla. Been on Silver Hand, Burning Legion, Arthas, Earthen Ring, Sentinels, Wyrmrest Accord and Ravenholdt.

I mainly left because there really wasn't anything left that kept me interested in the game, and the sense of community that a server had was completely lost thanks to Blizzard's philosophy of homogenizing everything. The new expansion didn't impress me either, and pretty much solidified the idea that my days in Azeroth are done with. It was a good game with good times; or else I wouldn't have played it for 6-7 years. But, it's time for something different.

As for sticking with it, it remains to be seen. To be quite honest, GW2 has gotten a lot of my attention since PAX Prime, and I was originally going to skip out on playing SWTOR and go cold turkey on MMOs until that released. But, there are a lot of elements in this game that appealed to me after playing in a beta weekend, so here I am!

Edited by yutrio

transferred a few servers, changed names some, but my last hurrah was on Turalyon server, with shaman main, Soulenai (which was her original name and the one I went back to).

left because community completely fell apart with Cata, I burned out on hardcore raiding and the overly linear nature of the reworked Cata quests that you outleveled far too quickly (yes, SWTOR also has fairly linear quests, but there are still plenty of side quests that you may or may not do, and choosing different dialogue/gender on different playthroughs gives it enough of a difference to be more re-playable)

I moved on to single player games and Guild Wars about a year ago. still playing those, but I plan on playing SWTOR for a long long while and make it my primary MMO. for the duration? I don't know yet, but definitely for a long while.