Former WoW players post here!

trueanimus

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played wow on multiple servers over my 6year stint. Quit a restarted multiple times and leveled about a dozen toons. I quit for my last time last February because Cata was horrible. In all honesty WotLK was terrible too but unfortunately I had nothing better to do at that time ;)

As Bob Dylan once said :

Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the wheel's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

That it's namin'

For the loser now

Will be later to win

For the times they are a-changin'.

1. Defias Brotherhood EU, Bogsworth, Liluye.

2. It has become so average, and many of the changes seem to cater to the young and stupid. Also a few of my gaming buddies (from since the Beta of GW) are playing it, and

I'd love to game with them again.

3. I might make The Old Republic my home for years to come. I haven't played a second

of it, not even in Beta, so I can't really say for sure yet. But I will definitely give it a solid

shot to win me over!

1. Shockologist of Shu'halo Drannie Shammy since realm started,

2, Still keeping wow subscription open for D3 but was really let down by the recycling of content that was the latest raid,

3. SW looks like its gonna have me for 6 mths enough time to endgame and see a few content drops i would hope (may they have trions ethics when it comes to speed of content)

Wow is dead. They repeat the same **** over and over. Cataclysm and 4.3 is so dissapointing. And within 8 days of 4.3 we did the first bosses on DS HC.

Also the carrot for 5.0, a "#¤%#¤% panda. ***. And a monkclass. Jeez.

They could do so many cool things but are stuck because some of the best people have been on Titan, Diablo3, SC2 the last couple of years. Also, the Activision thing, didnt like it. They just try to get more and more money out of the loyal gamers.

aye.. pandas are lame lolz.. if i wanted to play kung fu panda i would rent the ps3 game.. PLUS.. pokemon pet arena battles.. i mean .. come on. that would have been relivent what.. 10 years ago??

All they are trying to do with pokemon and pandas is get the china subs back they lost because the servers there refused to even give access for the game until july 2011. The night cata launched, china servers went off line and refused to run the game unless blizzard paid them more for the bandwidth they were using so they effectivly lost 6,000,000 of the 12,000,000 subs they claimed to have.. overnight... But.. did they ever admit it? No lol

Lightbringer Engleheart Resto Shaman

To be honest the only reason I'm cancelling my Subscription to wow is because i got a week long ban from the forums for talking about Old Republic lol. They said I was harassing players/guilds, which is pretty funny since i didn't mention one guild or player or even elude to such things.

Also to be honest, I'll be pretty angry if EVERYONE who pre-ordered doesn't get in today. I really only pre-ordered for the 5 days, don't care that i didnt get in the extra two days of early game play because i didnt pre-order for 7 days i pre-ordered for 5days..\

In the end i quit wow not only because of the horrible path wow is heading down, but more importantly, and the most important of all.....Their HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICES, and overall terribad employees.

1.Sylvanas-Shadriel and other tons of 85 toons..

2.I left because that content vs. wow classic or tbc sux..it actually started at wotlk they sucked at their best lore(lich king) now the lore is gone pandas coming..

just *** IS WITH PANDAS? any lore about them come on blizzard u lost so many gamers because of ur bad managament we just wanted old AV days back and now there is no skill at pvp only class..

3. Yeah ill stay here till the end of the lore

You should be banned from this game -.-.

Can we stop the wow topics on swtor.. its a different game thanks :)

lol?

come on.. we all came from somewhere.. im sure you didnt just drop this as your first mmo!

Just trying to ease the tension til the waves go out =)

You should be banned from this game -.-.

Can we stop the wow topics on swtor.. its a different game thanks :)

Why lol yeah it's a diffrent game and they should be happy that wow people are buying it and playing it why ban us we here cause we like swtor and bought it :D

To bad they didnt have bonuty's on people on a pvp server like eve has be cool hehe

1.Sylvanas-Shadriel and other tons of 85 toons..

2.I left because that content vs. wow classic or tbc sux..it actually started at wotlk they sucked at their best lore(lich king) now the lore is gone pandas coming..

just *** IS WITH PANDAS? any lore about them come on blizzard u lost so many gamers because of ur bad managament we just wanted old AV days back and now there is no skill at pvp only class..

3. Yeah ill stay here till the end of the lore

Yeah i was amazed.. pandas were a forum april fools joke a few years ago... and everyone starts yelling " but they have been in the lore forever " a brief ( and i do mean really brief) appearance as venders in warcraft 3 doesnt count as lore btw...

I quit a little over a year ago. Started 3 weeks after launch.

Server - Medivh

Faction - Horde

Guild - Necrosis

Characters:

Janin - Orc Death knight - DPS Raid Member

Sandolphon - Orc Hunter - Left at LVL 65

Harmegido - Undead Warrior - Main Tank/Secondary Tank

Server: Lightninghoof (RP-PvP, Horde) and Lightning's Blade (PvP, Alliance)

Horde Characters: Neshara, Erynion, Macenarion

Alliance Characters: Lauranis, Firionia

(^ just mentioning the ones I am most know as/played)

Haven't left WoW as of yet, signed up for that 1 year thing before getting SW:TOR so I'm kinda stuck lol. I do still play it now and then, but as soon as I get in to early access it will not see me for a long while.

Definitely gonna stay with this game, loved what I experienced in a weekend beta, looking forward to more.

Why lol yeah it's a diffrent game and they should be happy that wow people are buying it and playing it why ban us we here cause we like swtor and bought it :D

To bad they didnt have bonuty's on people on a pvp server like eve has be cool hehe

I heard they are working on player bounties much like they had in SWG.. could just be a rumor.. but.. would be fun!

barthilas, had like 6 85's with most of the heroic raids cleared during feb 2011

i got banned for botting archiology, played rift 4 a while but got bored, re levled again in wow but i just couldnt stand it.

going to quit this game as well in feb cuz my uni starts on march 1st..

1. Server and char name

Played on Dragonmaw-US PVP, Char name was Alzren / Krelenn.

2 Why did you leave WoW

It has beomce boring and I am wanting something new, as I have been playing since TBC.

3 are you going to play SWTOR perm?

For now aleast, I have been greatly excited for GW2, but that pry wount come out for quite a while so..yea.

Yeah i was amazed.. pandas were a forum april fools joke a few years ago... and everyone starts yelling " but they have been in the lore forever " a brief ( and i do mean really brief) appearance as venders in warcraft 3 doesnt count as lore btw...

I don't understand the dislike for pandas. The pokemon game and streamlined talent trees I can understand but not the pandas. WoW is a game full of wolf people, cow people, bison people, walrus people, fish people, snake people, bear people, etc. and pandas is where they jumped the shark?

1. Server and char name

Cho'gall: Characters...many of them.

2. Why did you leave WoW

I played WoW from day 1 (not including F&F alpha & all beta's), and the game is so watered down from what it was in the original version. The changes made to the game starting in The Burning Crusade have made a mockery of what was once a powerhouse.

3. Are you going to play SWTOR perm?

I haven't decided.

Edited by Todeskrieger