The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Upcoming Sith Inquistor Changes

Laurien-Wriroh

It doesn't really. These changes mostly affect 23/18/0 (and variants therein)

Of course it does.

It's about two buffs.

1: energize(darkness tree): trash and lacerate (lacerate being one of the most useless skills) have 50% chance to finish cooldown on shock and make it crit hit, after the patch it will be 30% after a successful hit.

2: exploitative strikes(madness tree): after a successful critical force attack, your crit rate is raised for 9% when all points are invested

That is a short description and for me, two main buffs which determine my skill rotation and making a 23/0/18 a viable hybrid build in terms of survivability and dmg output and force preservation. Of course there are more benefits but if you are really interested you can always check the skills tree and make a conclusion yourself.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it does.

It's about two buffs.

1: energize(darkness tree): trash and lacerate (lacerate being one of the most useless skills) have 50% chance to finish cooldown on shock and make it crit hit, after the patch it will be 30% after a successful hit.

2: exploitative strikes(madness tree): after a successful critical force attack, your crit rate is raised for 9% when all points are invested

That is a short description and for me, two main buffs which determine my skill rotation and making a 23/0/18 a viable hybrid build in terms of survivability and dmg output and force preservation. Of course there are more benefits but if you are really interested you can always check the skills tree and make a conclusion yourself.

I was commenting more on the nerfing aspect.

If you were running 23/0/18 before you aren't going to stop running it because of this patch

Edited by Asnine

Sith Inquisitor

Assassin

All Saber Charges now cost 100 Force.

Lightning Charge’s Discharge now also deals damage when applied. Overall damage dealt by this ability has not changed.

Darkness

Charge Mastery: No longer increases the duration of Lightning Charge’s Discharge effect. It now increases the damage dealt by Lightning Charge.

Energize: This skill now also triggers from Assassinate. It now triggers from damage dealt (rather than ability use) such that each hit of Assassinate, Thrash, and Lacerate have an individual chance to yield the Energize buff. The chance to trigger has been reduced to 30% per hit.

Harnessed Darkness: Stacks of Harnessed Darkness now last 30 seconds. Using Wither now yields a stack of Harnessed Darkness.

Deception

Induction: Now requires the Surging Charge skill to be purchased and requires that Surging Charge is active in order to trigger the Induction buff. This skill now also triggers from Assassinate.

Madness (Shared Tree)

Crackling Charge: Now additionally lowers the cooldown of Discharge while Lightning Charge is active.

Raze: Now triggers from activating melee attacks that hit a target affected by Lightning Charge’s Discharge effect. This effect now triggers more easily but cannot trigger as frequently.

Death Field: Heals the caster for 1% of maximum health for each target struck. This healing effect can no longer crit and no longer consumes Recklessness charges.

Devour: Now doubles the amount of healing generated by Death Field and Parasitism.

source http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260938

Discuss

why are you posting this ***** on PvP forum, and not class forum?

So... really all that's happened is that Hybridization is being nerfed. Exactly as I said.

The DPS spec is now SUPPOSED to use the DPS Sabre Charge. What's wrong with this?

And please, there's no need to be so inflammatory. I'm just trying to understand why you guys think the sky is falling.

Assasins/Shadows are the squishiest class in the game without dark charge. Whatever the intention of dark charge is, the point is that it's our only means for any meaningful survability in PvP. Now they're taking it away (and rightfully so imo) while giving nothing in return (this is where the problem really is), and this to an already underpowered class.

Basically this destroys hybrid (tank) assasins, while being a tiny, tiny buff for pure dps assasins.

They should've given tanksins a bit of a survivability buff in exchange for losing a lot of dps.

This is the PvP forum. Do tell how exactly is it a buff to dps sin's when it's nerfing their survability a ton?

This is just plain dumb....

One of the only ACs in the game that had multiple useful hybrid specs... and in one sweeping move they are going to kill them all....Way too go Bio.... if this is the way you go you are pretty much ruining this class. It was the only class that was somewhat interesting too play as you really could hybrid spec a ton of different ways and play the class completely different.

Now its back to useless shared tree sub par dmg tree.... boring tank tree.... failure this is.

hybrid specs just mean the tree is not working. it doesnt mean that they are getting rid of hybrids. there really shouldnt be hybrids. altho to go even further really these trees dont leave much room for anything interesting. not that i mind. you get to make some decisions so im happy. Id rather the tree be good then not good and people feel they need to hybrid.

altho i dont think they need to force people out they should just buff the top so hybrid doesnt seem good.

This is the PvP forum. Do tell how exactly is it a buff to dps sin's when it's nerfing their survability a ton?

...not sure if serious

Deception spec doesn't lose anything. You gain a little bit by assasinate essentially proccing your lightning buff

and it doesn't nerf deception spec survivability at all.........and it doesn't nerf tank spec survivability.

Basically I have no idea what you were trying to say/make a point of.

Edited by Asnine

Deception isn't the only pvp spec. Most people who understand the class and understand the popular hybrid specs (23/18/0, 23/0/18) get it. The hybrids are losing critical abilities if they stay in dark charge (the whole reason for going hybrid). They are the ones most impacted by these changes. Edited by Qishari
insults

The only thing I can think of is that it is damn near impossible to kill assassin ball carriers, but that is more an issue of gearing than class balance. Does this even address that issue? I don't know enough about Assassins myself to understand the implications of these changes.

This is what happens when you let a company that has never done an mmo before hire failures from Mythic to design pvp. This crap doesnt surprise me at all.

I give it 6 months before pvp is so stale and watered down people wont even play it.

Ya! I bet these devs spend so much time tring to figure out ways to make the game suck. You know it's all they think about. I mean, CMON! Stop changing the game the way you see fit and start listening to this guy!

Oh wait... he didn't really say anything.

these arent as gamebreaking as many of you are making them seem. I play an assassin, and i find it a fairly balanced class. im not a hybrid or even 50 yet, but find im in a good spot in pvp. especially 1v1 with cds. Survivability is deff our weakest link, and should maybe be buffed. It takes time to balance a game, and im happy there working on it so soon after release. And everyone that crys about assassins in pvp should really try learn about mmo pvp tactics. we have a lot of tools. Also, if they made getting out of combat more reliable, the class would be a lot better

Yeah guys, let me tell you, Assassins are a *********** terrible class and can't deal any damage. Lol.. ._.

First off, that is deception spec. They are ruining hybrid tank spec. He also is supported by 2 healers in most of those clips. That spec has huge burst but is the equivalent of a paper towel in terms of damage mitigation.

Second off, I think its funny you use 1 video of a guy from a patch where you could still use double expertise buffs + stims and trinkets on low level targets, to prove a point about assassins being overpowered.

And everyone that crys about assassins in pvp should really try learn about mmo pvp tactics. we have a lot of tools. Also, if they made getting out of combat more reliable, the class would be a lot better

No one ever cried about assassins in PVP....ever...that's the oddest part of all of this. Not only are these changes not needed, not wanted, and not justified, Bioware has shown us a real lack of prioritization and focus, if nothing else.

Of all the things people are complaining about, they took a balanced and underwhelming class, and spec, to pick on for the next patch. Unreal.

Edited by Tooslick

Definitely a nerf to one of the three most lack luster ACs on everyone's list. It's a big nerf to hybrid specs. We will be penalized 100 force for switching stances.

Reducing Energize's proc rate from 50% to 30% is a big hit to the dps of darkness spec and the nerf to Induction is another slap in the face.

And the nerfs to Madness are just plain rediculous.

I don't think I've ever seen a "nerf assasins" thread, so, why all the hate BW?

Actually it just means we won't see 6 Assassins in each WZ like we do now. :):D

Most hybrid assassins stay in darkness charge because we are the softest class in the game without it. With this nerf we cant use abilities vital to our rotations while in darkness charge now. So we will either be full darkness with less utility or one of the other charges where a stiff breeze crushes us. Seems a bit weird that the squishiest class in the game is a melee dps that has to go in harms way to do its job and not a ranged dps that can stand back from the scrum.

Actually it just means we won't see 6 Assassins in each WZ like we do now. :):D

OMG another newb that doesn't know the difference between assassins and sorcs. You have never seen a WZ with 6 assassins, maybe 4-5 sorcs and 1-2 assassins. learn to tell the difference between a double side light saber and a single one.

these arent as gamebreaking as many of you are making them seem. I play an assassin, and i find it a fairly balanced class. im not a hybrid or even 50 yet, but find im in a good spot in pvp. especially 1v1 with cds. Survivability is deff our weakest link, and should maybe be buffed. It takes time to balance a game, and im happy there working on it so soon after release. And everyone that crys about assassins in pvp should really try learn about mmo pvp tactics. we have a lot of tools. Also, if they made getting out of combat more reliable, the class would be a lot better

I think I see the problem.