Cant help but have another what the hell devs? moment

Nyteblades

If that's true I take back my nerdrage and will instead use it for the good of all specs :p but just looking at the notes, how is that a dps loss?

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Annihilation-Watchmen-Compendium?page=3

Maths on it.

Now, one can argue that the current system is broken (and it is) and that this is how it should be. That's fine, but if these numbers are correct... then we shouldn't be given this as a "DPS increase" when it isn't.

Regardless of how it turns out, I'll still be hacking away at ops bosses quite happily every week. I love the class, and changes are to be expected throughout the life of an MMO. These just seem, well, meh.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, we're not getting all that much. The extra 9% damage on burns is nice, but not outrageous.

Do note: I'm not counting the burn crit FIX, because we were supposed to already have that.

The pacify is sad, but not that unexpected.

If the patch notes are true to what you say OP then it means they are looking at the numbers of the class and probably the complaints about lack of CC or survivability and the gear curve on sents/maras.

Then again with some of the issues in the game and class balance they could just think we are fine but do too much damage.

Although I would hope they are base lining the dps so they can add CC. You would have to admit with the numbers we can pull when we have heals or a group giving us CC at that level would be imba.

Honestly, we're not getting all that much. The extra 9% damage on burns is nice, but not outrageous.

Do note: I'm not counting the burn crit FIX, because we were supposed to already have that.

The pacify is sad, but not that unexpected.

Overall, with that talent working right, this is probably going to be a 9-10% DPS increase, as burns are a huge part of our DPS. That's like the difference between a tier. I'm looking forward to this.

The one thing I would like to see them fix is the Combat Saber Storm talent. It's bugged on my toon. I do about 1.5k less blade storm crit damage with the exact same rotation than my guildy who has about the same stats as me and about 1k less than a couple fresh 50s who have orange gear with the daily mods. Pretty sure there's a problem there.

Overall, with that talent working right, this is probably going to be a 9-10% DPS increase, as burns are a huge part of our DPS. That's like the difference between a tier. I'm looking forward to this.

Yea, the FIX will be huge, especially with how often we have Zen up. That's the real meat of this. Nit sure why they felt the need to increase general burn damage (they already hurt), but I'l take it.

Developers decided to buff watchmen because their damage was not on par with combat sentinels and I completely support this change. That's most likely the only reason :)

btw, I'm a combat sentinel and to all who thinks they're not viable, I'd like to see you watchmens compare yourself to me.

The Pacify fix sucks, but at the same time it's way too powerful to be usable vs. raid bosses, so it makes sense. You could basically stack Sentinels and set up a rotation to massively reduce boss damage output.

Burn damage buff is nice. Not really needed as Watchman Sentinels are already awesome single target DPS, but hey more damage is always good. :)

People complaining about Combat: the problem with Combat isn't it's damage. It does bursty damage, which it is supposed to do. The problem is it doesn't have the tools that Watchman has(Watchman get: no min. range Force Leap, Force Camo providing immunity, shorter CD Force Kick, and faster Centering generation).

I would also like to see some form of passive CC resistance, or maybe make it so Rebuke grants us CC immunity(at least for the first six seconds of it). There is way too much CC in this game and we have little to counter it with.

It's a buff for one spec and a nerf to the other two.

that actually made me laugh out loud

in general, 1 spec gets 'buffed' so that means the other 2 specs are nerfed? nothings changing to those specs. are you going to say that because ops/scoundrels got nerfed that the other specs got buffed? no, lol

and please look at the math linked in this thread(to sithwarrior) and you'll see that it's actually a NERF, not a buff

its ok though, i know fuzzy math is hard

in general, 1 spec gets 'buffed' so that means the other 2 specs are nerfed? nothings changing to those specs. are you going to say that because ops/scoundrels got nerfed that the other specs got buffed? no, lol

and please look at the math linked in this thread(to sithwarrior) and you'll see that it's actually a NERF, not a buff

The nerf is to pacify..which effects the other two specs

Apparently this was actually a minor dps nerf, the 30% crit bug actually gave us 30% extra damage on our dots, now it gives the 30% bonus damage to crit. Heh, the forum QQ is going to be crazy.

We just stack crit and surge to benefit from the change that's all. This will be good all around for the class. If there is a problem with the other specs they will fix it. With the whiners it's a case of "You did buff my spec first qqqqqqitis". Should be exciting to see what these changes bring.

We just stack crit and surge to benefit from the change that's all. This will be good all around for the class. If there is a problem with the other specs they will fix it. With the whiners it's a case of "You did buff my spec first qqqqqqitis". Should be exciting to see what these changes bring.

What these changes are gonna bring is a 99% watchman class with little to no need to play either of the other 2 specs.

Im not pizzed that they fixed the watchman spec like i said its cool they did but the could atleast acknowledge they are looking at the other specs.

But again they choose to tell us nothing. And not adress the gear/heal dependancy of the class. Its as i said before its almost a pacifier buff to the class hopeing people will ease off of the screw ups they arnt addressing

So Bioware decided to completely ignore Combat's bugs: Ataru proc not working on large targets AND Zen decreased GCD not working properly which are a huge DPS decreases end game. But meanwhile they'll happily fix Watchman's bugs AND give them a minor damage increase...

[Obi-Wan]Good job![/Obi-Wan]

The math is wrong, it's a damage increase scroll down at the same forum thread.

Good question really what spec rulz the Galaxy. I was combat until lvl 40 and loved for rotations and burst damage (armor penetration he-he). But I had problems with elite. After I respeced into Watchman all problems disappeared. Elite just melts down and I can interrupt almost any ability of elite. And yes it looks like we all gonna be Watchmen coz it more powerful. BUT... We don't have DPS meter and only after that we can say :"Watchman is way more powerful than any other spec". Until than we can simply play with our preferable spec ))

As for Watchman being easy please, Combat is faceroll imo. I played both I play watchman because imo it is the harder of the to specs to play.

I'm just going to point out that the period in any MMO where the community creates standardized Specs and damage rotations pretty much makes every class easy to play.

As the post directly below yours points out I was talking about the pacify nerf, needed or not the lessening of an ability is still a nerf.

You're an insulting idiot, and I don't know why you'd feel the need to try and make it personal, also I guess you couldn't scratch up enough sense to read my post a few posts below what you quoted where I said if it turns out to be a nerf then I take back what I said.

It's okay though, I know reading comprehension is hard.

Since when did Sents only have 1 viable spec?

I am very effective as a Combat, there are those that say go Watchment or Go Home, and I have seen some people start saying that Focus is the way.

Now obviously each has their own bias, but this shows that some people enjoy each tree.

Yes there are some Bugs in the Sentinel, but come on the game is just over a month past official release. Just because something wasn’t in this patch it doesn’t mean it isn’t being addressed.

And before whinging about how incompetent the devs are, look at the criticality of the bugs in TOR Vs every other MMO release and its first month of play, and the TOR devs are doing pretty damned well.

Sure a mom and pop guild you might be able to get away with it, but any more serious raiding and currently WM is just ahead, and less buggy.

So Bioware decided to completely ignore Combat's bugs: Ataru proc not working on large targets AND Zen decreased GCD not working properly which are a huge DPS decreases end game. But meanwhile they'll happily fix Watchman's bugs AND give them a minor damage increase...

The only answer might be in here: http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-blog-busting-bugs-and-fixing-exploits

The Ataru bug may be a bit more complicated than it originally seems.