Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

GeorgZoeller

what other professions have done for themselves is make augmentable (via crits) Rakata belts and bracers, giving them an extra 48 Might/Aim/Cunning/Willpower which you may or may not argue as being roughly the same. Keep in mind, these belts and bracers do NOT require their associated professions to use.

As a tank, even if I did crit craft my rakata belt or bracers, they still wouldn't be as good as the lvl 49 boe belt and bracers.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's irrelevant, though. You're still telling me that even after I raid or pvp to get good gear, I'm going to have to scrap all of it to put it in crafted gear so I stay optimal.

What? Absolutely not. The stats don't magically change, or become better if you take the stats from one piece to put in orange. The change is purely cosmetic, and that's the point of the system.

There should be a way to be optimal without crafted gear, is what I'm saying. It could be a good idea to make it possible to add slots to your items via commendations of both kinds (pve and pvp), and maybe even credits (100~150k per slot?).

You *CAN* be. Like I said, there is absolutely no difference in stats or strength between raid gear, and orange gear that has the raid stuff in it. None. At all.

As a tank, even if I did crit craft my rakata belt or bracers, they still wouldn't be as good as the lvl 49 boe belt and bracers.

Why not?

with the changes to the drop gear allowing you to remove armoring pieces,

and having critted on crafting a rakata belt, your rakata should be better

What? Absolutely not. The stats don't magically change, or become better if you take the stats from one piece to put in orange. The change is purely cosmetic, and that's the point of the system.

You *CAN* be. Like I said, there is absolutely no difference in stats or strength between raid gear, and orange gear that has the raid stuff in it. None. At all.

Um well you are going to want a crafted orange gear that was critted on then add mods from pvp / pve gear ... those augment slots will probably start to add up

If they are moving to a system where everything is basicly orange gear with aug slots, in the long run its a nerf to synth/mech/arms. Orange items are basicly clean slates, so a crafted low level critted with an aug slot is as effective as raid gear once you strip the parts out of it. That is the same as rakata. Unless they are adding additional new slots and buffs, I dont see things getting better for other crafts, and biochem will probably eat more nerfs.

Why not?

with the changes to the drop gear allowing you to remove armoring pieces,

and having critted on crafting a rakata belt, your rakata should be better

Rakata belt isn't a dropped piece. It's crafted. It has 3 stats. Aim, Endurance, Absorption (the tanking one). If I crit an augment slot. it will have an additional stat, or bonus to a previous existing stat.

The level 49 BoE belt has 5 stats. Aim, Endurance, and 3 secondary stats. If I crit that and get an augment, it can have another stat or bonus to an existing stat.

The Rakata Belt and Bracers have a little more Aim and Endurance, two stats that aren't very useful for tanking. Aim, because it just adds a tiny amount of threat, Endurance, because without trying I'm sitting at around 20k and nothing hits remotely that hard.

Therefore, I would gladly sacrifice a little Aim and Endurance for way more secondary stats that will offer me much more survivability and threat.

i'm glad to see that change is coming, but until I see specifics, i'm still holding a pretty dim view of the chance of a positive change, specifically related to armstech.

if the proposed revised change to armstech is limited to "here's lvl 23 barrels, have fun", i'm going to be very disappointed.

give me a BoP rakata level barrel at least.

The "vision" for crafted gear is look

Once all mods can be removed, trade skills will have awesome looking suits that are empty of mods. So if you want to look cool, you buy crafted and PUT YOUR PVE MODS in it.

The stats of the armour and weapons you can make will not be increased. Ever.

Im sure this will be long winded but here goes....

As much as i would like crafting to be player driven, aka like it was in Galaxies, your wow clone model atm does not allow it.

Raiding drops/turnins will always trump any crafted item atm, which to me, is sad.

But, saying that, i am VERY much for a player driven eco atmosphere.

For 1, To change this, you need to BALANCE (at the very least) some of the secondary collection type missions...ie:

Why can i get bountiful/rich gains from Underworld Trading, but i can only get moderate/abundant missions with Treasure Hunting? This for me is a real ******, since there is no mob you can gain artiface crystals/mats from. Salvage can scavange droids and biochem can do the same with beast bodies...why can i not "scavange" defeated jedi/sith lightsabers?

Nodes also need to be more balanced....ie:

With archeology, there are a minimum of 5 nodes...power crystals, color crystals (3) and artifact

With salvage there is only 1 node type...(not do mention the ability to salvage droids)

How we get materials is going to directly affect supply/demand.

For 2, this HORRIBLE system of reverse engineering needs to be totally changed...

REing a green should yield a blue result 5% of the time

Reing a blue should result in a purple result 10-15% of the time

Reing a purple to artifact should happen 30% or higher of the time

WHY you ask? because of the totally retarded time/material cost of crafting blue and above items (also affected by the very inconsistent returns of collection missions)...crafting 30 blue items and not having a single purple result is, shall we say, frustrating at the very least...

This would A. give a larger player base that could create said items, thus allowing the market to be more competitive instead of totally 1 sided because someone got very very lucky.

It would also B. make getting higher patterns alot easier for crafts with 10+ end items...ie, articafe and item mods...theres like 15 or so 400 skill mods!!!!! ive barely been able to do 2....this is just...ya, retarded.

For 3 Allow DIRECT player crafting at vastly reduced time costs.

Having a friend get a new drop and say, i can make him a new mod...well, 2 hours to make said mod seems rather...silly. A good analog to this is say, world of warcraft. Say you get a new tier set, and you need it gemed/enchanted....a guildie whips them out for you in a minute, bam, your back in the game. With this system...well lets say its just not working.

ALLOW direct player crafts to be of VERY short time to create.

I guess thats it for now...thanks for reading...i hope changes are coming, it will keep my interest in the game...as it is now, its just wow in space...with alot more waiting...and less optimized :/

Um well you are going to want a crafted orange gear that was critted on then add mods from pvp / pve gear ... those augment slots will probably start to add up

Except that purple gear will be fully moddable soon, thus will have just as many slots as orange gear. Augment slot included.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

ROFl, what a complete joke Bioware. This is an MMO, the entire point of the game is to make your character better. You know..? get better GEAR. The reason you want better gear is so be better then other players at things.

Your talking like you want to level the playing field for against people who raided / worked for pvp gear. LOL / This is laughable.

Why not just give all players default gear then in a Battleground. All classes wear they same stuff. Your basically doing just that.

ROFl, what a complete joke Bioware. This is an MMO, the entire point of the game is to make your character better. You know..? get better GEAR. The reason you want better gear is so be better then other players at things.

Your talking like you want to level the playing field for against people who raided / worked for pvp gear. LOL / This is laughable.

Why not just give all players default gear then in a Battleground. All classes wear they same stuff. Your basically doing just that.

No where did he say that they are making the curve flat. It's currently too steep. I definitely don't want a WoW gear fiasco repeat, do you? Going overboard a bit there, aren't you?

No where did he say that they are making the curve flat. It's currently too steep. I definitely don't want a WoW gear fiasco repeat, do you? Going overboard a bit there, aren't you?
I kind of disagree there.

One week after being level 50, I was in near-full Champion gear already because I basically spent all day doing warzones. Even losing a match I'd get 80-90 commendations because it's exceptionally rare for me not to have some 10-11 medals due to being a tank who knows how to play.

Full Champion gear gave me something like +11% expertise boost.

Now I'm in half Battlemaster gear, and my expertise is barely at 12%. I imagine, at most, it's going to reach 13% once I'm fully outfitted.

How is this too steep? It's a negligible boost.

And if they make it super-easy to get Centurion gear, then I imagine the boost between that and Champion is also somewhere near 2-3%, meaning that even someone in full Centurion gear should stand a reasonable chance if he's skilled to take down even a Battlemaster.

Edited by Celeitia

I kind of disagree there.

One week after being level 50, I was in near-full Champion gear already because I basically spent all day doing warzones. Even losing a match I'd get 80-90 commendations because it's exceptionally rare for me not to have some 10-11 medals due to being a tank who knows how to play.

Full Champion gear gave me something like +11% expertise boost.

Now I'm in half Battlemaster gear, and my expertise is barely at 12%. I imagine, at most, it's going to reach 13% once I'm fully outfitted.

How is this too steep? It's a negligible boost.

And if they make it super-easy to get Centurion gear, then I imagine the boost between that and Champion is also somewhere near 2-3%, meaning that even someone in full Centurion gear should stand a reasonable chance if he's skilled to take down even a Battlemaster.

Your percentages mean very little without actually putting them into application. And the application, apparently, shows that it's too steep.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Armormech Rakata Gear

Artifice Rakata Gear

Biochem Rakata Gear

Synthweave Rakata Gear

Cybertech <-- no rakata, but you do have ship parts that you can't buy better, nor get better via dailies, so the prof actually has a market.

and then, we have Armstech hmm.. fancy that, not a single lvl 400 schematic in game. no rakata gear at all. the highest level barrel we can make, is lvl 49, and you can buy them for 8 daily commendations..

maybe, just *maybe* someone at BW will see this as a problem?

Biochem:

better reusable stims

Adrenalins

reusable medkit

Synthweaving:

wrist + augument slot

belt with augument slot

Armortech

same as synth

Artificer

weapons + augument slot

Weaponsmith

same as arti

After all these trades have, or will have, rakata items you can crit and put in a +28 on whatever stat you want. This is not balanced as it is in the moment compared to Biochem ^^.

In the future you will have critable orange gear where you can put in your set mods and stuff. If we reach that point synthweaving and armortech will be absolutly OP.

Next best thing:

If you have build your armor you can learn a weapon building job as well and build orange weapons with auguments. Where is biochem at this point? Craftable imps like atm that are rubbish compaered to rakata ones?

The whole crafting system is a joke and even i can put up a better crafting system with a peace of paper, an egg and sunlotion -.- .

Some of the future content seems promising. However, most of the other crafting professions do not have enough unique max skill level items to craft that compare to PvP gear.

If the expertise stats from PVP gear would be on a mod/armor/enhancement slot and allow players to remove it and place it into crafted gear, there would be a reason to sell orange crafted gear at end game.

Absolutely. Orange gear is supposed to be about looking how you want with the stats you want. Every aspect of any tier of gear needs to be attached to mods so we can pull apart our raid/PVP gear to make orange gear with the same stats if we so choose.

Once we can wear whatever we want without a stat hit, armormechs and synthweavers who take the time to collect orange outfit schematics will be very wealthy people.

and embrace the game’s extensive appearance customization throughout the game. We have a long list of improvements planned for that but we’re also anxious to hear from you. Feel free to use this thread to give us your feedback on the topic!

Regards

Georg

Well since you want feedback here you go:

1. I find the lvl 50 armor designs for Troopers for PVP and PVE to look absolutely TERRIBLE. The PVP armor looks decent except for that "Mad Max" thing that you did and stuck spikes all over it. You should have different designs available that have a unique look depending on each sets intended use.

2. All of the chest pieces for Troopers that have the "radio pack" looking object (http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/Vadnais/TOR/swtor2011-12-2301-42-46-53.jpg) attached to them don't go together well, and looks out of place. Not every Trooper is going to have this huge, unwieldy pack on their back.

3. There really aren't very many armor choices for Troopers. Being an armormech I can see that there are only a handful of armor designs that you simply recycled as much as you could. Sure this is common practice among MMO's but if you really want a lot of customization you should change this.

4. While i'm on the subject of armor mech, armor mech needs to be given a way to be useful to lvl 50 players. The only items I have for lvl 50 are BOP, and require raids and hard mode flashpoints. Even making low level armor is pointless as I find most players are just holding onto moddable armor and getting new mods as they level making all the time and money I put into my armormech a complete waste.

I could go longer, but considering ALL of these will likely go unanswered i'll save my fingers the trouble :-/

4. While i'm on the subject of armor mech, armor mech needs to be given a way to be useful to lvl 50 players. The only items I have for lvl 50 are BOP, and require raids and hard mode flashpoints. Even making low level armor is pointless as I find most players are just holding onto moddable armor and getting new mods as they level making all the time and money I put into my armormech a complete waste.

you should try Armstech instead.. at least you have a BoP, oh, and lvl 50 items.. oh. and epic schematics.