Companions, companions, companions.

Kikilicious

Seriously, am I the only one who is completely happy/loves them? Here's how I see them, playing as a female bounty hunter, and being female myself:

Mako is the best friend that is also like a sister. she confides in you, (mostly) agrees with your decisions, and she rarely lets you die.

Gault is like the smart *** friend we all have. We love them, and they can use scarcasm as a blunt weapon.

Torian is the friend who wants to prove himself to you, not only in battle, but in personal matters. He is also the lover, protective, yet knows both his and your duty to the Mandalore.

Blizz. Who doesn't love him? He's like the cute puppy/little brother of your little "family". What's not to love? Mako even let's him brush her hair. She loves him too.

Skadge is the brute of the group. It took me awhile to start liking him. But really, who doesn't want a friend that'll kick *** for you on call?

I really do hope that they add more depth into their stories, I would love to learn more about them! So, what do you think about your companions? Post your thoughts on them here!

Edited by Kikilicious

Mako: My bounty hunter's wife. Nice storyline.

Gault: Hated the way we got him. Quickly grew on me. Love his one-liners.

Torian: Only companion I can't stand. The whiny voice just puts me off. And the guy lacks any sense of humor.

Blizz: I don't know any person who doesn't think he's absolutely cute and adorable. Definitely my favourite.

Skadge: Haven't got him on my crew yet but just met him on Belsavis. Cracks me up.

Looking at the companions of the other classes I think Bounty Hunter has one of the coolest crews in the game.

Torian: Only companion I can't stand. The whiny voice just puts me off. And the guy lacks any sense of humor.

Blizz: I don't know any person who doesn't think he's absolutely cute and adorable. Definitely my favourite.

Skadge: Haven't got him on my crew yet but just met him on Belsavis. Cracks me up.

Looking at the companions of the other classes I think Bounty Hunter has one of the coolest crews in the game.

I do think we got the best ones <3 however, my Torian does has a sense of humor, but it's probably because I'm playing female. I guess romance can change a person (even a video game character!), huh?

Edited by Kikilicious

I agree with all this. I can't stand Torian even a little bit. It feels like he was designed to appease young women, only it wasn't a woman who wrote his lines. It was a 25 year old guy writing what he things a young woman wants to hear.

I got all my companion's affections maxed so i could finish all their stories.

Mako's was decent obviously since it was actual questing.

Blizz could say he needs to take a dump on hoth and I'd listen to him and his adventure just because he's awesome.

Skadges Ending opens up *SO* much potential for story. Kind of made me mad that was it and it didn't continue....I mean, Black Sun and all.

Gault I want to actually go talk to people to con them out of things. Shame he got uber-dumped though. Was neat seeing he had actual emotion.

Torian, I was hoping he would have died on his big hunt he did. I really really was hoping he did....

Edited by exphryl

I love the BH companions as well.

Mako - I married her. She's really cute and funny at times, and she and I make an awesome team in the field.

Gault - I was totally surprised and amused by how he joins your crew. He has some pretty funny lines, and his quest chain is the next one that intrigues me the most.

Torian - a fellow Mandalorian, and a staunch ally that wouldn't let me down in battle. My brother in war.

Blizz - Jawas are awesome, and this guy is no exception. Adorable, and has an armstech bonus to boot!

(I actually haven't played with anybody accompanying me except Mako, her heals are so good, so this is all totally lore-wise)

... and then there's Skadge. He's the only one that's out of place, that doesn't feel like part of the family. He bullied his way into the crew and doesn't seem to have any respect or bond for anyone else. He feels volatile to me, even - like he could endanger the rest of us. I'd totally dump him if it was possible.

Mako: Okay. Teen high school with a storyline that never completes. The only reliable option for DPS.

Gault: Why didn't I get the choice to turn him in again?

Torian: Honor bound personality intermixed with a pretend language. Weapon is one of the least available in the game. Pass.

Blizz: Aww, a naive little jawa, maybe it'll dance! Decent AoE tank. Good choice for healers.

Skadge: Why do I need to have a disgruntled button presser on my ship? Same weapon issues as Torian. Poor agro control if there's more than 1 mob. There's always more than one.

The majority of the companions are useless, difficult to upgrade and have shoddy storylines that just throw them at you. They often force you to be unprofessional as a bounty hunter and try to supplant the idiocy with some kind of "feelgood ragtag band" vibe. It really doesn't work for me. I'm sure it could for some.

Endgame: They're all just craft monkeys. You'll never use them again. And there was much rejoicing.

I agree we have some awesome companions.

But im a bit jelous of the Trooper class, since they have this walking tank robot and we have an annoying ship droid.

Being a mirror class, why can't we have the rolling destroyers as in the movies??

Why does everyone leave out 2-RV? I never get tired of hearing "The Galaxy shall tremble in your wake if it knows what's good for it master... maker knows i do." or "There were complications master.... please don't deactivate me!"

"I hope you're feeling well, master, and have no desire to deactivate me."

"All Hail the Emperor, more importantly...all Hail you- Master."

Yup, as long as he's not actually healing for you, he's pretty hilarious.

Torian and Gault annoy me.

Mako and Blizz are my favorites. Blizz makes me laugh at the very least once per hour.

Skadge makes me laugh too the way he's so annoyed and abrasive. "If it'll shut you up!" "It's always somethin with you, aint it?" "You done botherin me?" - makes me laugh, but not nearly as much as Blizz.

I'm 47, and Mako's the only one I've bothered to get past 1,000 affection. Maybe I'll do Blizz's storyline once I'm 50 and bored though. The others can rot.

Why does everyone leave out 2-RV? I never get tired of hearing "The Galaxy shall tremble in your wake if it knows what's good for it master... maker knows i do." or "There were complications master.... please don't deactivate me!"

because everyone has him and he has no storyline beyond the one where you meet him, he is neither bh specific nor able to grow in affection or story

I agree we have some awesome companions.

But im a bit jelous of the Trooper class, since they have this walking tank robot and we have an annoying ship droid.

Being a mirror class, why can't we have the rolling destroyers as in the movies??

thats not entirely fair. they also have an annoying ship droid, everyone does

their ranged attack droid is their replacement for blizz, blizz damage/skills is on par with their attack droid

Aric Jorgan, Ranged Damage is thier version of gault

Tanno Vik, Melee Tank is thier version of skadge

M1 4X (attack droid) Ranged Tank is their version of blizz

Elara Dorne Ranged Healer, is their version of mako

Yuun, Melee Damage is their version of torian

everyone gets a ship droid

the only thing that is NOT fair are the companion skills, i would be much happier with the armormech and scavenging critical bonuses that troopers get (bh only gets efficiency in those 2 skills which means we complete tasks faster but they proc more augment slots and bring back more rare materials than we do)

we leave him out because he NEVER joined a group meeting(summoning ur crew via Intercom), so he=0 story and interest

P.S. i wish i could send skadge out the airlock

All the others companions are cool:

(as Male)

Mako- ur love

Gault- ur partner/adviser he really knows his stuff remember that

Torian- is more like an aprenttice you keep him under your wing and like teach him

Blizz- funny,adorable and usefull

Skadge- would trade him for a stone

Edited by iDraxter

I think mako's a little annoying, especially at first but she's grown on me. Kinda bother's me she's the only healer though makes it hard for a non healer to not take her everywhere.

I ::love:: Torian, he's my man & tank...even though he's not an actual tank, we kill stuff faster than blizz.

I love Blizz, he's hilarious! What's not to love?!

I Like gault though dissapointing he's not a love interest...I wanted to get some love triangle action going there *sigh*

Skage is a dbag and needs to not be on my ship anymore >.> Just taking up space and being annoying. Though he is a good tank...If I need a tank I take Blizz. I hope we can vote companions off our ships later on & get new ones...cuz I want skage gone...and someone cooler instead. Or at least the ability to kick his butt till he knocks off the attitude with me.

Overall I like the companions. I can't compare them to other classes as I only really know Kaliyo (who i really don't like) I really do love companions though, want more companion quests & drama ^^

i feel bad for him i want to tell him i won't deactivate him.

And where are my foot massages????

Mako: My waifu ^^ Kawaii nippon kazauwaa :)))).

Gault: -1 from every conversation choice and there is nothing you can do about it

Blizz: http://a.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/500x/13/13730/14060278.jpg

Torian: can I have your old stuff?

Skadge:

You got something to kill or what?

Edited by Divinism

Only just got Torian, so far as a male.

Mako - best one, makes you seem invinsible if you have her. Too good of a healer. If I struggle i pull her out and use her. Also great story so far.

Gault - Like his attitude and his skills. Like the chase and his escapes on Tatooine and love how he likes my ******** remarkes and love for money. Also seems to work good with me. We both stay alive and kill away

Torian - Liked his story and look so far, but can't stand using him. He dies in like a second. Can't use him at all. And as someone said he is basically my hand me down dump. He looks like how I used to look.

so scale 1-5

Mako = 5

Gault = 4

Torian = 2 ( would be 1 if he wasn't decent character wise, his usefulness is pathetic)

BUT out of all my classes I have tried, Bounty Hunter by far has the best companions. I would take Torian over a crap load of my other companions.

Edited by Hinscher