Healing in pvp gives too few medals.

Isitme

Been carrying my teams all day long, healing my *** off.

I rarely get more than 4 medals even though im the most important guy on the team by far.

I rarely get less than 6 medals on my jedi knight, just charging around doing **** all objective wise, not giving a **** about my team.

This sucks. It sucks even more seeing the healing in this game is a dull eventless whack-a-mole.

Please add more healing medals.

Healing does only give a handfull of medals and it sucks, but if you are lucky your team will MVP you a couple of times and it balances out.

Explain to me exactly why healers should have to rely on luck to get medals? People very often just vote for whoever got the highest damage or the most medals. They very often just vote for their friends.

Pure dps classes get screwed out of medals as well. Why Bioware allows some classes/specs to get more medals by default is beyond me.

I really hope they equalize the medal system that way healers don't get screwed and end up just changing specs to a dps sorc/merc.. Because we don't need more of them.

As a marauder, in a typical warzone I can expect about five medals. If the game goes particularly long and I get a lucky crit or two, I can get maybe eight.

Typical game:

2.5k Hit

75k Damage

10 Kills

Solo Kill OR 25 Kills

Killing Blow

Long Game:

2.5k Hit

75k Damage

300k Damage

10 Kills

25 Kills

Solo Kill

Killing Blow

2.5k Heal (Lucky unleash heal crit with Rakata medpac 15% max hp buff.)

That last one is like, super ideal situation. I'll have some games where 25 kills just don't happen and the 2.5k heal also.

There are also short games to take into account. I have had premades roll my team and me so hard that I don't even get three medals. Solo kill is out of the question, 10 kills is out of the question with four healers around, and 300k damage is near-impossible when I spend more time respawning than anything. 75k damage and killing blow is about all I'll get some games.

To summarize: DPS has is bad, too. Those free guard medals are bull ****. I've seen Assassins get 10+ medals a game far too many times to think it's fair.

DPS should have access to the fewest medals: let's just get that out of the way right now. I'm not saying that should only get half of what a healer or tank can get, but if a healer can only get 4 or 5, a dps should only get 3 or 4.

Tanks can play well and get 8-12 medals pretty easily. Healers struggle to get 4? It makes no sense.

As a marauder, in a typical warzone I can expect about five medals. If the game goes particularly long and I get a lucky crit or two, I can get maybe eight.

Typical game:

2.5k Hit

75k Damage

10 Kills

Solo Kill OR 25 Kills

Killing Blow

Long Game:

2.5k Hit

75k Damage

300k Damage

10 Kills

25 Kills

Solo Kill

Killing Blow

That last one is like, super ideal situation. I'll have some games where 25 kills just don't happen and the 2.5k heal also.

There are also short games to take into account. I have had premades roll my team and me so hard that I don't even get three medals. Solo kill is out of the question, 10 kills is out of the question with four healers around, and 300k damage is near-impossible when I spend more time respawning than anything. 75k damage and killing blow is about all I'll get some games.

To summarize: DPS has is bad, too. Those free guard medals are bull ****. I've seen Assassins get 10+ medals a game far too many times to think it's fair.

*shrug* when I DPS on my sorc I usually get

75k Damage

10 Kills

25 Kills

Killing blow

Solo Kill

1k Defender

2.5k Heal

Every game. Sometimes adding in 300k damage and 2.5k(I need more surge T_T) and if people are really after my nuts 75k healing too.

DPS should have access to the fewest medals: let's just get that out of the way right now. I'm not saying that should only get half of what a healer or tank can get, but if a healer can only get 4 or 5, a dps should only get 3 or 4.

Tanks can play well and get 8-12 medals pretty easily. Healers struggle to get 4? It makes no sense.

lol? Garbage mentality. There should be equal opportunity for rewards with equal effort. None of this "Healers need special attention because their job is hard." crap. I've healed every MMO I've played prior to this one; it's no more difficult than anything else.

The only thing that's different here is that Tank classes in pvp have easy mode medals. It's dumb.

*shrug* when I DPS on my sorc I usually get

75k Damage

10 Kills

25 Kills

Killing blow

Solo Kill

1k Defender

2.5k Heal

Every game. Sometimes adding in 300k damage and 2.5k(I need more surge T_T) and if people are really after my nuts 75k healing too.

I didn't include Defender points because it's so hit and miss. I'll get 3k defender some games on Alderaan, I'll get 1k in Huttball sometimes even, but it's never consistent and it really depends on how hard the opponent is trying to take a node, etc.

Edited by TheRealTorrne

Don't tell anyone I told you, but you can get the 2.5k Heal reliably if you know your way around Tatooine and Hoth...

Which really makes the situation even more annoying for healers. But I suppose eventually they'll find all the heal items that still count against warzone healing...

Don't tell anyone I told you, but you can get the 2.5k Heal reliably if you know your way around Tatooine and Hoth...

Which really makes the situation even more annoying for healers. But I suppose eventually they'll find all the heal items that still count against warzone healing...

I'm a little iffy of that. I'm not sure if anything is going to happen to people who use it. Thanks though. :)

Edited by TheRealTorrne

I usually get 4 medals in a good game

2.5k heal

75k healing

300k healing

1 killing blow

And to make things worse i rarely even get MVP votes. People usually just vote for the first person they see

Ive been in some games where i get 500k healing and only get 4 medals

I think the medals should go 75k healing 150k healing 300k healing 500k healing.

Im surprised that there isn't even a medal for 500k healing in the first place

Edit: Also i dont see why consulars force armor doesnt count towards the absorbtion medal.

Edited by Chrisbeniot

Healing does only give a handfull of medals and it sucks, but if you are lucky your team will MVP you a couple of times and it balances out.

This.

I have guildies that have the same frustrations as the OP. I try to hit the healers as mvp everytime as they basically allow us to reap the benefits of their efforts.

I do agree though that there should be better compensation for those primarily focused on keeping folks alive.

I'm a little iffy of that. I'm not sure if anything is going to happen to people who use it. Thanks though. :)

I do know that nothing ever happened to people who used regular medpacks or biochem reusables when those still counted...

I don't think there's anything wrong with the item in question either, from a mechanics point of view. It's only usable out of combat so it's mainly a faster way to heal up after a fight.

Btw., I MVP healers too if I can identify them (if I can't, they're doing it wrong anyway :p). But even if I and four others are doing that, it's about one extra medal, which is still two to three less than some other roles get effortlessly.

Edited by dannythefool

As a evel 50 healer in near full champion gear myself ....

On a "good" match I will get an average of 5 medals.

On a quick match I will get an average of 2 medals.

But here lately, the good matches are few and far between. I tend to see more matches with 3 than I do with 5.

I usually get 4 medals in a good game

2.5k heal

75k healing

300k healing

1 killing blow

And to make things worse i rarely even get MVP votes. People usually just vote for the first person they see

Ive been in some games where i get 500k healing and only get 4 medals

I think the medals should go 75k healing 150k healing 300k healing 500k healing.

Im surprised that there isn't even a medal for 500k healing in the first place

Edit: Also i dont see why consulars force armor doesnt count towards the absorbtion medal.

I have been a supporter of this myself. I think the only reason we haven't seen something like this yet is that BW is still looking at the numbers. And frankly, there may still be items in PVE that still have an impact to PVP healing.

One 100k healing or higher is viable for only the true healing spec players, I suspect we will see that change.

Been carrying my teams all day long, healing my *** off.

I rarely get more than 4 medals even though im the most important guy on the team by far.

I rarely get less than 6 medals on my jedi knight, just charging around doing **** all objective wise, not giving a **** about my team.

This sucks. It sucks even more seeing the healing in this game is a dull eventless whack-a-mole.

Please add more healing medals.

I couldnt agree more!!! We also dont get the love in mvp voting because most look at top 3 damagae and vote while the healing stats are burried. This not a QQ, this is just fact. I would love to see more healing options for medals. Maybe an increase in medals in 75k healing increments would suffice. Either way healers make or break a WZ and we would like some love in return!

The thing about healing medals is that you can get different results from different matches.

Do Voidstar or Civil War and 300k healing is almost easy. As the healer you just have to have the flexibility to move where the fighting is.

But get into Huttball and 300k healing is quite rare. There are far too many ways to break line of sight and many players tend to move outside of your healing range even when line of sight isn't an issue. Add in the relative immobility of some of the healer classes and your healers in Huttball will likely be at the bottom of the the count list.

I can do 250k easily in Voidstar. Civil War comes down to timing and where the combat is at any given time. But in Huttball, it is a struggle to break even 150k.

Im glad people agree.

Its just so frustrating working my *** off healing for example huttball and being left with 2 or 3 medals.

Considering the fact that tank classes get upwards of 8 without breaking a sweat, healing medals should really be juiced up.

I play a tank and I agree, healing should give more medals.

Too often do I see healers with 300k healing hanging near the bottom of the medal list.

More medals would also encourage more people to go healer, which is really needed on the Republic side of things.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

I play a tank and I agree, healing should give more medals.

Too often do I see healers with 300k healing hanging near the bottom of the medal list.

More medals would also encourage more people to go healer, which is really needed on the Republic side of things.

Just quoting this for truth and to keep the thread alive.

Bioware really needs to add more healer medals to give us some kind of incentive to stay healing.

I am no longer a healer in wz because of the low amount of medals. I am proof that they need to add more healing medals.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.