1,490 players reviewed this game as a 5.9

Proto

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a more accurate review guys:

Maybe that will give you an idea of just how bad this game is.

LOl you know i play the game i dont need to wacth video to know if the game is bad or good....

besides is subjective good? bad? what gives if im having fun i woulndt care. Has i dont realy care.

There is a real theorem that a random variable will reflect its underlying probability over a very large sample. In this case, we're using Metacritic's user rating of 5.9: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic/user-reviews

Putting 1500 random gamers to the test with SWTOR for a month and have them rate it on a scale of 1-10. You will very likely come up with an accurate measure of the game's worth based on that many reviews. That is what we have here and that is why user reviews are far more powerful and accurate than the skewed 'paid' reviews you'll see from sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc.

Swtor's real score (I think its a bit high):

You can always enjoy this visual representation of the above score as well:

I think it's a bit high as well. Overall it shoulda got a 2/10

Would have thought all this silly doom stuff would have stopped by now it normaly does on forums after the resub. mark is passed.

I suppose it could be a measure of success that folks are still desperately trying to convince me that liking the game is uncool.

Oh well back to the game.

Would have thought all this silly doom stuff would have stopped by now it normaly does on forums after the resub. mark is passed.

I suppose it could be a measure of success that folks are still desperately trying to convince me that liking the game is uncool.

Oh well back to the game.

Probably due to people buying 3 month subs and needing to find a place to vent. Or they're just masochists. Or they're just stupid.

There is a real theorem that a random variable will reflect its underlying probability over a very large sample. In this case, we're using Metacritic's user rating of 5.9: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic/user-reviews

Putting 1500 random gamers to the test with SWTOR for a month and have them rate it on a scale of 1-10. You will very likely come up with an accurate measure of the game's worth based on that many reviews. That is what we have here and that is why user reviews are far more powerful and accurate than the skewed 'paid' reviews you'll see from sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc.

Swtor's real score (I think its a bit high):

You can always enjoy this visual representation of the above score as well:

That's a RANDOM variable and ASSUMES people are being honest. As to both, people very clearly go to Metacritic with an agenda and this includes trolls who are fanboys for other games and trolls who are there to try to create good and.or bad press about specific games for their employer.

Gamespot has 2375 user reviews with an average of 8.6. Gonna tell me why Metacritic is more reliable than that despite the much much larger SAMPLE SIZE at Gamespot? How about you tell us why we should believe Metacritic, which is posting an obvious OUTLIER when you look at the 8-8.5 average the game is getting across the board on game review sites (both from the editorial reviewer and from reader votes). Pro tip: Don't pretend to throw around statistics knowledge while ignoring the basics of statistics and cherry picking your stats.

Edited by Blotter

Whatever, WoW Cataclysm is listed at 5.2 and how many millions did that sell again? Exactly.

If you look closely at the review scores you'll also notice that the number of positive reviews are much higher, roughly 50%, than the negative.

Edited by MrTijger

2+ million sold(+ how many exactly). 1.7 million active, where are the 300 000+

Come and look at this number, 1.7 million, in 6 months time, sadly I think it will be much smaller.

Why is that an issue? 500.000 would be profitable, a million would be better than any Western MMO out there besides WoW. I honestly dont see the issue here, also, if the game doesnt progress as I like I'll move on, its just a game.

I went and took all the data from the rating compilation thread here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2419752#post2419752 and took a weighted average. The final tally was 7.9/10, from over 6400 reviewers on 17 sites. For those of you who care about/want to discuss what other people think of the game, this is a more accurate number to work with.

2+ million sold(+ how many exactly). 1.7 million active, where are the 300 000+

Come and look at this number, 1.7 million, in 6 months time, sadly I think it will be much smaller.

300k for first month loss. ie 15% only left after the first month? That is amazing.

WAR AoC, and DCUO had something like almost a 50% drop of players in the first month.

Mark my words though Feburary will see another drop but March will be an increase.