1,490 players reviewed this game as a 5.9

Proto

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people who have played WoW for quite a long time would be more inclined to give SWTOR a bad grade. I can see how they would be disappointed that SWTOR is more of the same. Nobody wants to spend 10 straight years of their life playing the same game.

However, if you are new to MMOs or have shelved WoW for an extended period of time (like 2-3 years) SWTOR is good game.

couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread, so someone may have said this already, but... fixed.

The first step in conquering denial is to admit that there is a problem. I realize that you deny the state of the game, and that is understandable as all of us have been taken for nearly $100 at this point. Its much easier to bury one's head in the sand.

The first step in conquering denial is to admit that there is a problem. I realize that you deny the state of the game, and that is understandable as all of us have been taken for nearly $100 at this point. Its much easier to bury one's head in the sand.

Yes there is a problem, with your original post. Sorry, there is actually more than one problem.

I'm not saying there's no problems. I'm saying you should probably re-take statistics.

Edited by plusieurs

So from the above quote, am I to interpret that you wish to open the eyes of the players who have been....duped...into having fun while playing SW:TOR?

:o

I think people who have played WoW for quite a long time would be more inclined to give SWTOR a bad grade. I can see how they would be disappointed that SWTOR is more of the same. Nobody wants to spend 10 straight years of their life playing the same game.

However, if you are new to MMOs or have shelved WoW for an extended period of time (like 2-3 years) SWTOR is good game.

SWTOR isn't more of the same; it's less of the same.

Read the first review and could tell this rating means nothing.

People who hate something will go out of their way to voice their opinions, people who are satisfied generally just go on with their lives and enjoy it.

Every negative review on that site states complete fallacies about the state of the game.

you do realise when people dont like any aspect of any game they dont rate it fairly on metacritic right.. ? they give it a 0. or a 1.

they dont rate it properly. if they dont like skyrim for instance they dont take into account how good it is, how well made it is, how good the graphics are, etc etc.. as far as they are concerned the entire thing might as well be a used dyper of a videogame. so they rate **** that is actually really good, a 0 or a 1. you know why?

******es is why.

never listen to user reviews on metacritic, its the worst place on the internet for legit reviews regarding users.

Edited by Eerazer

There is a real theorem that a random variable will reflect its underlying probability over a very large sample. In this case, we're using Metacritic's user rating of 5.9: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic/user-reviews

Putting 1500 random gamers to the test with SWTOR for a month and have them rate it on a scale of 1-10. You will very likely come up with an accurate measure of the game's worth based on that many reviews. That is what we have here and that is why user reviews are far more powerful and accurate than the skewed 'paid' reviews you'll see from sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc.

Swtor's real score (I think its a bit high):

You can always enjoy this visual representation of the above score as well:

So basically, you shopped for a suitable site with a suitable low score? I don't use metacritic, neither do ANY of my friends or guildies. Haters gonna hate.