C2-N2 and his comments

MadJerry

It's "funny" in the movies when you only hear it few times and watch Han get annoyed by the droid.

It's not funny being put into Han's shoes and having to endure the same greeting every single time you enter your ship. Ship that's supposed to be your "home".

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do know thats anthony daniels right?

as in, the guy who voiced c3po....

Its not the voice, its the terribad writing and the context in which they use it. I have nothing against the actor, only the bad directing and production...

It really is annoying. It would be nice if he was actually doing something instead of just standing there making comments about the smell of the ship (like we can smell it, it's a video game) and other asinine stuff.

My favorite companion in terms of chatter is T7-01. He just beeps and stuff, you can't understand any of it and don't have to put up with the same lines over and over again. ;)

Edited by SciFiDude

It's "funny" in the movies when you only hear it few times and watch Han get annoyed by the droid.

It's not funny being put into Han's shoes and having to endure the same greeting every single time you enter your ship. Ship that's supposed to be your "home".

This, absolutely. I can get off my ship on my Jedi by jumping over an edge, but entering the ship I always hear him, and the same damn thing coming *and* going on all my other ships.

I'm really quite done with those lines. I can't even space bar out of them because they're not part of a cutscene. But they'll still talk *over* a cutscene.

Send him on diplomacy mission, enter ship. Overjoyed at not hearing anything. Start setting keybinds for new skills, he returns from the mission exits my unsaved changes to show me his failure.... Droid needs to DIAF. Edited by Chaymus

my favorite for him is

" The galaxy will continue to tremble at your aproach if it knows whats good for it master, maker knows i do"

It wouldn't be so bad if they added in a few lines every couple of patches- and took a few out, too. EVERYONE has to listen to their ship droid constantly. This way, we'd actually listen more often.

And put in a few .1% chance Easter Eggs. Just often enough to make people wonder.

(And if recording those means more loot for Anthony Daniels, excellent. Muahahaha!)

Beware, the droid is not what you think it is. I hid a camera in my bedroom. After I was asleep the droid just came and stood over me, watching me for hours. It was CREEPY.

I sleep with a Blaster Pistol under my pillow now.

Seriously, it was just trying to add more padding to your pillow.

• 2 weeks later...
This, absolutely. I can get off my ship on my Jedi by jumping over an edge, but entering the ship I always hear him, and the same damn thing coming *and* going on all my other ships.

I'm really quite done with those lines. I can't even space bar out of them because they're not part of a cutscene. But they'll still talk *over* a cutscene.

I see thsat as a Bonus for Jedi ships, you CAN avoid him, ig jumping the Rail from thr cockpit to the door. Smugglers & Troopers are doomed...

I mean, if they wiuld at least add a few dozen more lines.. but the same 3-4.. EVERY FRIGGIN TIME i enter or leave my ship?

Maybe they need to make one of the inexplicable droid apathy units (seriously, who makes something like that?) an installable component, then they could change his lines to "Meh", "Blagh", "Ugh", "Whatever" & "You couldn't pay me enough to care"

It's not just 2vr8 and c2n2...BW needs to put something in this game where we can turn companion chatter OFF completely if we so choose. I get so tired of Corso rambling, Kira and Vette wisecracking etc etc etc. It's like they only gave each companion 5 lines of script for combat or world travel...annoying!!

I dont care about the other companions, vette is cute with her remarks. And at least her comments are not repeated 50 times, unless you keep clicking her.

Just let me shut up the droid and i dont care how. Ill would gladly order him out of the airlock, hell ill even pay credits for it. Really anything just to make him shut up.

Really just sell retraining bolts for him that make him shut up, maby something for some of the less usefull professions im sure it will sell like madness.

Im even considering not using my ship anymore.

Want another 2VR8?

He can have minen 2.

Edited by LightShad

We have a saying in my country: "the shortest jokes are the best".

What is funny the first few times becomes boring and repetitive afterwards.

C3PO in the movies wasn't already repeating the same crap over and over again every time you saw him. Yes, he had a few "cult" sentences, like the "millions of forms of communication", but we only hear that 2 or 3 times in the whole 6 movies.

So while I see where the devs come from when they added that droid, we need a way to squelch him. When fun becomes a nuisance, it's no longer fun.

I've gotten into the habit of muting my sound any time I have to run near the droid.

When a user of your software takes an action like that out of sheer annoyance, then it's time to re-evaluate that "feature".

If the programming to turn off the chatter is too involved, then how about just moving the droid to a less accessible place on the ship in the meantime? That way we don't have to run past him all the time and cause him to launch into his babbling.

He's what I'd like to see. Companion customizations for the droid that change his lines. You could have a Hitchhiker's Guide reference one and make him manically depressed, or, my favorite, he could start referring to you as a "meatbag."

Send him on diplomacy mission, enter ship.

Now THAT'S a good idea! Send him on a crafting mission to get him away from me.

I actually quite like that he stands by the door/exit - I have a number of alts, all with different ships and different layouts, and it's not unheard of for me to get lost on my own ship *blush*. Having him indicate the exit works perfectly - just wish he would shut up!

• 2 weeks later...