You Have *3* Wishes for SWTOR.....

Frostbird

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Mac client.

2) A client of the game compatible with OS X.

3) A release of the game client for Lion.

Maybe not in that particular order.

(PS - The "Boot Camp" solution is a joke, and Microsoft can shove it if they think I'm going to shell out $100+ for their BS excuse of an Operating System.)

1) Stop trying to be a WOW clone.

2) Change the atmosphere of the game to Starwars. Remember that its supposed to be set in a "Galaxy Far Far Away" not futuristic America. Why do we have Yellow Taxis and English accents on the bad guys and other popculture references?

3) Allow server transfer/mergers, most of the time I'm on planets with less then 5 population. Not very MMO at all.

1. Greatly expand crafting mechanics (think SWG)

2. Take the rails off of Space missions and let us explore. (think JTL)

3. Make the game a place that is much more social. I talk to NPC's more than players in an MMO. (wierd)

4. The whole TOR world is 1/10th of the size of SWG

1. Mob level and strength appropriate for quests (ie, no "strong" level mobs on normal/non-storyline quests. Leave the strong and elite mobs for group and area quests, please; I can't figure out why they were beefed up to begin with)

2. More xp from killing mobs

3. That it doesn't take hours just to gain a couple levels (speaking from levels 9+, at least), particularly in the second zone (10-16 level range)

The stubborn, light side essence I communed with in that damn oasis pool tugs at the strings of my soul. . . I know there is great power in this droid, but it also comes with great responsibility. As such, I do what I do for the benefit of all.

1) Engine optimization to improve performance in Warzones, Ilum and on Fleet

2) Meaningful open world PvP objectives such as capturable towns & forts, or special taxi paths that give access to unique areas, vendors, etc. etc.

3) TO BE THE EMPEROR OF THE EMPIRE HAHAHAHA GOT YOU NOW

1.) Either removal of PVP, or at least removal of the complaints related to it. I understand the game is 'Star Wars' and there is a war, but Warzones work well. Stick with them. Remove World PVP and PVP-flagging areas. Being Grief on an RP server isn't fun. I chose not to be on a PVP server for a reason.

2.) Name Enforcing Rules -AND- Meaningful titles. If your name is 'JimmyJoBobly', I don't want to see 'Master' or 'Darth' in front of it. Those titles should be earned, and names should at least somewhat fit into the scheme of Star Wars. And if your name is a variant of 'Revan' or 'Malak'....go far away, please.

3.) Learn from previous MMO mistakes.

I'd like to explain the 3rd one. In detail. This thread has been filled with people 'Take X from WoW' 'Forget everything from WoW'. Learn from WoW (Also Rift, GW, Korean MMOs, EQ, SWG, LOTRO.) Catering to the whimsy of the PVP crowd is a mistake. Catering to the whims of a gear-hunting 'New Shiny to show off' crowd is also a mistake. Make end-game more involved for the story (Hey, they're making new acts. Sweet.) Make the game play more social. I honestly think an LFG/LFR (Yes, it'd be LFF/LFO in TOR) would be tantamount to destroying social interaction in the game. Yes, some people would get to run the content, but the level of 'trolls' doing it would be over 9000, and we'd have even more forum complaints. There were some good things to come out of these games, and some brilliant ideas. Just make sure you take the good ideas and leave the bad out.

Oh wait. I'd like to add one last wish.

4.) For a time machine. So I could go back to a time where gamers, especially online, were patient. Understood the development process and -not- to blame publishers for bugs that development was fixing. But, since that's impossible, I'd settle for players as a whole to remember that developers aren't machines, have deadlines, and fixing a bug isn't as easy as flipping a switch. Show some patience, and stop screaming about little things.

...and what this person said. ^^

I only need one wish:

I wish they would make it single player/offline so I could continue the storyline I like without all the multiplayer junk that I don't. That way, I wouldn't have to be cancelling my subscription for a single player game.

I like this a lot. I really wish that there was a single-player option.

My three:

1. Social activities like Pazaak & pod racing as well as social spaces like more cantinas and cities on places like Hoth & Belsavis
  2. More monitoring of non-RPers on RP servers
  3. Player owned spaces like housing, customisable ships, and guild spaces

Togruta as a playable species is a very, very honourable mention. Almost all of my characters are human because I don't like the alien species available other than Mirialan and my one Sith Pureblood, but I absolutely love Togruta. I just think they're so cool.

Edited by flyersfan

1. Mob level and strength appropriate for quests (ie, no "strong" level mobs on normal/non-storyline quests. Leave the strong and elite mobs for group and area quests, please; I can't figure out why they were beefed up to begin with)

2. More xp from killing mobs

3. That it doesn't take hours just to gain a couple levels (speaking from levels 9+, at least), particularly in the second zone (10-16 level range)

I don't think that the leveling experience is too slow. I do think that the 11-25 section is, however. I'd rather see this sped up a lot and the 40-50 slowed accordingly.

1.) An uncatchable error in Bioware's accounting system that instead gives me 10% of all payed subscriptions into my account. (ok seriously? lets go with making a "guild space station" that way you have a place to chill with your guildies and you could have shuttles to all of the flashpoints etc. it would be simple to make, Just make the space station an instanced area that way everyone goes to the same place, but its different on the inside depending on what guild your in)

2.) Make the Jedi Guardian slightly stronger or at least better at generating threat.

3.) A smoother flowing combat system like KOTOR had where you could actually see people blocking your attacks. (hell they already tried to make the combat animations take priority, might as well make it look even prettier)

Edited by Orabus

1. Add a hood up/hood down toggle for all hooded gear (darn clipping!)

2. New companions: a good-looking, interesting male Jedi tank for my Consular and a nice, pretty female melee DPS for my Smuggler (or even better: allow level 50 alts to be used as companions. It'd be tricky but I'm sure it could be done well.)

3. No Huttball for me, ever.

Fun thread! :)

Edited by Gwena

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.