Internet vs. TOR, the anti-TOR movement

Thaltom

I love it; the idea that if you don't absolutely, unquestioningly love TOR you must have an axe to grind or be an industrial saboteur. Awesome stuff, it's the next phase in the evolution of infotainment. The idea that all dissenting opinions are an attempt to sabotage everything a given caste knows and loves.

People just love to say "i told you so...", and what's easier to predict than "which mmo will fail to surpass wow next"...

Its just swtor's turn, just like it was for Aion, rift etc. and will be for GW2 when it releases. Things will calm down eventualy and trolls will run back to their caves waiting for the next big release.

I love it; the idea that if you don't absolutely, unquestioningly love TOR you must have an axe to grind or be an industrial saboteur. Awesome stuff, it's the next phase in the evolution of infotainment. The idea that all dissenting opinions are an attempt to sabotage everything a given caste knows and loves.

The author never said he loved TOR or Bioware. He simply stated the internet has basically dog piled TOR... for whatever reasons the internet chooses.

It's a whole lot of TL;DR >.> Don't know what his "scoring system" is either, he puts numbers in there expecting us to be amazed and he doesn't tell us the key to the system (or it could've been in the TL;DR part but he needs to learn to write(and think) first).

Who is this anyway? Someone with a case of Unwarranted Self-Importance?

The author never said he loved TOR or Bioware. He simply stated the internet has basically dog piled TOR... for whatever reasons the internet chooses.

They've dog-piled every game since WoW. It's the never-ending e-peen contest. If you claim to be "above" a game, you can convince yourself that you're of the cool kids (which is just a way to mask the real issue - personal insecurity/unhappiness). I'm guessing the average age of many of the cool-kids is rather low, just judging by the broken grammar, the noobish writing styles, the liberal use of unsubstantiated absolutes, and the wild leaps of logic that people who have been out in the world for a while avoid, because they've discovered that in the adult world, "I DO WHAT I WANT!" doesn't get you very far.

Edited by KippTabor

I don't know. I can't see "the Internet" bashing Tor. Just a part of the gaming community. Can't really tell if it's a big part, or no.

Also, I can't see how Tor is dying. The server I'm on is pretty packed, there are 0 light servers on prime time and if the statement that EA sold over 2mil copies is true, Tor will have enough subs even if half of the player base leaves.

I'm not saying that we have a WoW killer here, I just don't see any problems.

good post, thanks for sharing
You're welcome

I don't know. I can't see "the Internet" bashing Tor. Just a part of the gaming community. Can't really tell if it's a big part, or no.

Also, I can't see how Tor is dying. The server I'm on is pretty packed, there are 0 light servers on prime time and if the statement that EA sold over 2mil copies is true, Tor will have enough subs even if half of the player base leaves.

I'm not saying that we have a WoW killer here, I just don't see any problems.

Okay maybe saying the Internet was a little exaggerated. I don't see TOR failing either. That's what frustrates me. I see hate being spewed all over these forums then I log in and have a good time. It's like night and day. If I was someone shopping for an MMO and looked over these forums you would think we were all playing E.T.

Edited by Thaltom

They've dog-piled every game since WoW. It's the never-ending e-peen contest. If you claim to be "above" a game, you can convince yourself that you're of the cool kids (which is just a way to mask the real issue - personal insecurity/unhappiness). I'm guessing the average age of many of the cool-kids is rather low, just judging by the broken grammar, the noobish writing styles, the liberal use of unsubstantiated absolutes, and the wild leaps of logic that people who have been out in the world for a while avoid, because they've discovered that in the adult world, "I DO WHAT I WANT!" doesn't get you very far.

Here we go with more babble from people that think they know things.

I could say that people that make posts like you are are making up for a lack of RL intelligence and a lack of self esteem. So you post like you know how everyone works to make yourself feel better about your RL situation...

See how ignorant that is.

It's conspiracy tripe, and yes he even tries to use metacritic as an example.

He should have looked at all the 10/10 ratings TOR received by users as their only review.

The internet heaps more hate on WoW in an hour than this game has gotten since launch, yet it grinds on. No tinfoil hat required. Blizzard has had to tolerate an endless barrage of phony ban claimants as well, but you don't see conspiracy theorists salivating at the idea of a greater counter-WoW culture.

Do you know why there isn't any buzz about the "Kill WoW Now" conspiracy?

Because we all know there is one, it's called hating on new and popular things. No one cares about the WoW hate, certainly Blizzard doesn't. It doesn't make WoW special, and braying and neighing idiots of 4chan heaping hate on The Old Republic is no secret either. It doesn't make TOR special.

The only thing that makes all the stupid e-hate for TOR special is that the rabid fans of Bioware have decided to make it a huge issue. The only cure for this terrible persecution is for these people to get over themselves and stop playing victim on Bioware's behalf.

Yeah the haters are kind of funny.

This is what happens when someone leaves the door to 4chan unlocked though.

Not everything is 4chan, seriously, I heard that same accusation for people who did not like DA2 and criticized the game in reviews (granted more than a few were just hate mail, but not the overwhelming majority). In this case maybe it is correct or not, but unless you have proof the person is a 4chan troll that is a petty accusation.

It's conspiracy tripe, and yes he even tries to use metacritic as an example.

He should have looked at all the 10/10 ratings TOR received by users as their only review.

The internet heaps more hate on WoW in an hour than this game has gotten since launch, yet it grinds on. No tinfoil hat required. Blizzard has had to tolerate an endless barrage of phony ban claimants as well, but you don't see conspiracy theorists salivating at the idea of a greater counter-WoW culture.

Do you know why there isn't any buzz about the "Kill WoW Now" conspiracy?

Because we all know there is one, it's called hating on new and popular things. No one cares about the WoW hate, certainly Blizzard doesn't. It doesn't make WoW special, and braying and neighing idiots of 4chan heaping hate on The Old Republic is no secret either. It doesn't make TOR special.

The only thing that makes all the stupid e-hate for TOR special is that the rabid fans of Bioware have decided to make it a huge issue. The only cure for this terrible persecution is for these people to get over themselves and stop playing victim on Bioware's behalf.

Reality would like a word with you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15869683

Not everything is 4chan, seriously, I heard that same accusation for people who did not like DA2 and criticized the game in reviews (granted more than a few were just hate mail, but not the overwhelming majority). In this case maybe it is correct or not, but unless you have proof the person is a 4chan troll that is a petty accusation.

Well, we know the Tortanic meme came off /v/.

And most of the hate for this game comes in the form of incoherent rants almost as wholely devoid of substance as they are of comprehensibility.

I'm not going to accuse anyone in particular, but the case seems legit to me.

Edited by SamuraBob_Fl

Here we go with more babble from people that think they know things.

I could say that people that make posts like you are are making up for a lack of RL intelligence and a lack of self esteem. So you post like you know how everyone works to make yourself feel better about your RL situation...

See how ignorant that is.

Aww, did I touch a nerve?

MY RL situation is just fine, son, which is why I am not on a forum taking out my anger on a game developer. Thanks for your concern! :)

I don't have any problem with complaints and have voiced a few myself - it's just those complaints that sound like a poodle who just had a gross of bottle-rockets launched from its rear-end that I LAUGH at. Sorry if my post hit a bit too close to home for you comfort level, but I'll stick with my opinion, if you don't mind.

Edited by KippTabor

Reality would like a word with you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15869683

AGAIN, I'll say: The only thing making the e-hate on TOR is the fools dashing about playing victim on Bioware's behalf.

Forum seeding works two ways, by the way. Don't you think for even a fraction of a second that Bioware didn't have firms spamming MMO forums and MMO chat with TOR hype.