Why Was Everyone Crying About The Sage AoE Heal?

Saviorofcamelot

Lots of people were crying about the "alleged" double heal on Sage Salvation but I don't think any of those morons ever played the class.

Salvation is a long cast AoE HoT that does rather crap healing. The only time I have found the AoE HoT useful is in FP's with lots of trash mobs or in Void Star when we are trying to defend the doors.

The healing amounts are really small and the highest crit I have seen on my 43 Sage is a 1,200 but considering the average tank can still hit for 4k damage in PvP the heal isn't enough to keep anyone alive. All it did was buy us 1 or 2 seconds for us to get one of our other heals active...

I think the Smuggler aoe heal healed for 1,200 altogether.

This. It probably heals for a bit more than 1200 in the end, but its absolute garbage compared to the sorc aoe heal and doesnt even compare. Hell, I'm no longer even specced to have the smug/op 31 pt talent heal because its so bad.

My biggest problem with the heal (I play a Sage) is the stupid animation it has which tells every freaking imperial to bounce/kick/push/pull you that you are starting it. The Jesus "arms in the air" pose. It's silly. There should be nothing that indicates WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO FIRE.

The sorcerer equivalent doesn't have a ridiculous giveaway animation like that.

Also, sage and sorcerer ARE NOT THE SAME. Their lightning attacks hit instantly. Our rock throwing delays damage by a couple seconds because we are throwing rocks. We don't do any more damage.

The supposed issue was that the Sage and Sorceror heals were not mirrors. BW did the amazing job of noticing that they were not mirrors--then failed to correct it. Shocked?

Oh no, the horror. Reps actually have one advantage the imps don't have. Where as Imps have the plethora. I said it several weeks ago, and I will say it again, Imps think everything is balanced despite the huge advantages they have until Reps get one LOL.

My biggest problem with the heal (I play a Sage) is the stupid animation it has which tells every freaking imperial to bounce/kick/push/pull you that you are starting it. The Jesus "arms in the air" pose. It's silly. There should be nothing that indicates WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO FIRE.

It does..........and like what someone already said we don't have a initial 1-2k heal. Not sure if both sides were suppose to be different but Sage>Sorc aoe by a long shot and that's why people were crying about it.

Edited by Scrubtastic

Honestly- nobody actually cared about it... but since Republic began whining about any difference in mirrors, and saying repeatedly 'absolutely nothing favours Republiic', well... Imperials decided to find what did favour the Republic and brought that to attention.

Thank your whiny friends :D

Yes, it does. The animation is very close, possibly the exact same. The difference is sorcs rarely use the AoE because it doesn't do the initial heal. Therefore in order to be efficient, we need to get 3+ people standing in the circle for its full duration. Good luck with that in PvP.

Yes, it does. The animation is very close, possibly the exact same. The difference is sorcs rarely use the AoE because it doesn't do the initial heal. Therefore in order to be efficient, we need to get 3+ people standing in the circle for its full duration. Good luck with that in PvP.

That shouldn't be that hard, I can usually find at least 2-3 sorcs standing next to eachother, spamming the ****palpatinelightening to burn down with dots and crit with sever force, you should be able to find some fellow featherheads to stand next to and heal for laughable amounts....in fact I encourage all imperials I meet to stand together in a very tight circle of 5-8 people....

You are complaining about an animation drawing attention to you?

Try having half of the skills your character has draw a line straight to you, across the battlefield, in...

GIANT FLASHY LIGHTNING

Yeah, don't complain to a sorcerer about an animation making you a target.

But yes, Our AE heal had no initial hit, just the HOT pulses... I'd have rather they gave us the initial pulse, rather than take it way from you, but whatever.

You are complaining about an animation drawing attention to you?

Try having half of the skills your character has draw a line straight to you, across the battlefield, in...

GIANT FLASHY LIGHTNING

Yeah, don't complain to a sorcerer about an animation making you a target.

But yes, Our AE heal had no initial hit, just the HOT pulses... I'd have rather they gave us the initial pulse, rather than take it way from you, but whatever.

luckily you're in a sea of lightning, so there is a chance one of the other 7 sorcs are attacked instead.

Edited by zeroburrito