Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Every patch has messed up exactly what they were trying to fix. Demand better

lexiekaboom

Today's patch was to make it so that operatives and smugglers could not kill people as fast. The result of the patch is they can now kill people faster

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254594

Last week they patched it so that PVP would work on Ilum and people were forced to stop objective trading, but it's worse then ever and kill trading is still the norm.

It's been 5 weeks of patches and game changes that have no helped the game at all. The bug fixes are nice, although the big ones (deleting quests, credit for warzones, dying as you come off taxies) simply did not work even though it said they were fixed.

You have lost 8 hours of game time every Tuesday for nothing. Demand compensation.

And BW ... you need to get rid of some people on your live team.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They made them play closer to the "rogue" type of class they are meant to be. They toned down the burst and improved the control, just like a rogue in "the other game" plays. People over there complain about it as well, but we are glass cannons and without control we would be useless in PvP. It was a great change for PvP, I could care less about PvE, I play my SW for that. Edited by DroidDestroyer

Please don't derail this into a class balance thread. My point is very simple: Bioware said publicly that they were patching Operatives and Smugglers because they were doing more damage then they should, allowing for faster then acceptable PVP kills.

They made the changes they felt they need to make, and now both classes can kill people FASTER.

So they said this is bad, we will fix it. The end result was the exact thing they said they would fix getting worse.

This has happened almost every time they have patched something to "fix" it.

You know, I've actually noticed the same thing.

Patch 1.1

"•Companion abilities that have been disabled by the player no longer toggle back on when the companion is re-summoned."

Never happened to me before the patch with any of the companions I used. After the patch Kira Carsons PBAoE slow always turned back on when resummoned. (which is pointless waste of a cooldown, as we're both melee) (Note: Talking to my dad, he did have the problem with Corso's Harpoon move, so sounds like they fixed it for some, broke it for others)

Also Patch 1.1

"•Corrected an issue that prevented recently completed Crew Skill missions from showing up in the next list of available missions"

Just finished Crew skill missions *frequently* (almost always) showed up in the next list of available missions prior to the patch. After the patch they still occasionally do, but not nearly as often.

So yeah, my experience with patches is that when they say they're fixing something, odds are fairly good it wasn't broken to begin with, but now it is.

but they can still heal right?

Yes, because I'm sure every single one of them wants to heal, as a HoT class while their +hot healing talent still hasn't worked since release. The class is just a mess. Cool concept (agent more than smuggler) but just isn't quite there yet.

The DPS specs are horrible because they refuse to give them a better TA/UH generation system for longer fights. The reason their burst is so high is because the opener is the only other move that actually generates 1 UH, so right away they actually have two to use, and can burst with two suckerpunches.

Huh, imagine that. They nerfed a class due to whiny little PvP babies, and succeeded in doing nothing but killing my prospects at doing anything but healing in PvE.

Gee Bioware, maybe you should have used ACTUAL *********** DATA instead of going by forum QQ.

Huh, imagine that. They nerfed a class due to whiny little PvP babies, and succeeded in doing nothing but killing my prospects at doing anything but healing in PvE.

Gee Bioware, maybe you should have used ACTUAL *********** DATA instead of going by forum QQ.

Imagine that...yet another failed integration of PvP and PvE in an MMO. It's like watching a train wreck.

Don't blame forums for Bioware's incompetence at balancing the game, this is all Bioware's doing, no one hacked into their studio and implemented those changes, Bioware did.

Blame whom's to blame.

Edited by Demorase

Please don't derail this into a class balance thread. My point is very simple: Bioware said publicly that they were patching Operatives and Smugglers because they were doing more damage then they should, allowing for faster then acceptable PVP kills.

They made the changes they felt they need to make, and now both classes can kill people FASTER.

So they said this is bad, we will fix it. The end result was the exact thing they said they would fix getting worse.

This has happened almost every time they have patched something to "fix" it.

No offense but this is factually incorrect. They changed how we kill but it is not faster. No more two shotting, now it takes a little more thought and patience, just like a stealth class should. The FOTM concealment Ops are crying because they have to think now.

Edited by DroidDestroyer

Just curious if you have the data that proves them wrong?

Until we get a combat log nobody really knows how things effect PvE.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.