So when we get to kill Satele Shan?

Lxkane

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actualy she did not use shatterpoint. She used absorb energy much like Darth Vader did when he blocked a blaster bolt with his hand and Corran Horn did when he abosorbed energy from a thermal pool about to erupt to save other aprentices with telekinesis and used his own lightsaber to abosorb the energy to crush a yuazhon vong with telekinessis on another occasion.

She used shatterpoint in the comic series, but still, she's overrated.

actualy she did not use shatterpoint. She used absorb energy much like Darth Vader did when he blocked a blaster bolt with his hand and Corran Horn did when he abosorbed energy from a thermal pool about to erupt to save other aprentices with telekinesis and used his own lightsaber to abosorb the energy to crush a yuazhon vong with telekinessis on another occasion.

Still the fact that she still has that ability is just....ugh*shakes head* I hate it when rare force powers, suddenly become something everyone has.

Still the fact that she still has that ability is just....ugh*shakes head* I hate it when rare force powers, suddenly become something everyone has.

She is grossly overrated, from what they have shown of her abilities I put her along the lines of an average Jedi Knight, she is NOT that powerful.

2. You wont ever get to kill Satele she is still stronger than all of us.

I highly doubt that...

As has been said, she was losing in a one on one with Malgus in two of the three cinematics. It took the intervention of her Master, who I would say would present a true challenge in a battle, and then the intervention of Jace to save her.

Considering we do defeat Malgus, whether or not he's dead, as a 4 man group. I would believe that a 4 man group could easily overcome Satele.

empire side does in fact kill revan.

No, we don't. At the end

Revan shields himself and vanishes.

I could see this being an expansion plotline for the SW to get revenge. Could work with a BH too if they are given a huge bounty for it.

As for the fans crying she should not be killed, deal with it.It's bad enough I was forced to fight and destroy what Malgus was doing and possibly kill him even though my agent wanted to join him.

*hung her head in shame and goes to cry in a corner for calling it wrong*

I could see this being an expansion plotline for the SW to get revenge. Could work with a BH too if they are given a huge bounty for it.

As for the fans crying she should not be killed, deal with it.It's bad enough I was forced to fight and destroy what Malgus was doing and possibly kill him even though my agent wanted to join him.

Actually we don't really know if Malgus is dead or not. What the point of having him poster boy if they kill him. I bet he come back and kick the emprerors collective buts and take his place as emperor.

My character would enjoy fighting him, even if my jedi knew she would die if she tried.

Actually we don't really know if Malgus is dead or not. What the point of having him poster boy if they kill him. I bet he come back and kick the emprerors collective buts and take his place as emperor.

My character would enjoy fighting him, even if my jedi knew she would die if she tried.

I hope he comes back...and this time we have the choice to help him!!!!! *grumbles*

*pats her on the back gently* its ok, you had to learn eventually that she's just not quite that good....

It was for calling her power wrong.

I never mean it to a point where she is like RARRRR powerfull. In the game she older more experienced and has a strong character, a good head on her shoulder a good leader, that what I meant.

It was for calling her power wrong.

I never mean it to a point where she is like RARRRR powerfull. In the game she older more experienced and has a strong character, a good head on her shoulder a good leader, that what I meant.

Now imagine what she could be like if she embraced the power of the dark side.... just sayin ;)

I hope he comes back...and this time we have the choice to help him!!!!! *grumbles*

Only if it's an epic cutscene when he shows up, in front of the Emperor and asks for those who will fight for the Empire to join him...

That way my Warrior can walk towards him and stand by his side against Vitiate.

The power Satele used in the battle against Malgus is actually

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tutaminis

Vader deflecting Han's blaster bolt with his hand, not his lightsaber, could also be considered an example of this, but the more direct case in the movies is Yoda and Dooku in Ep. 2. There is an implication that the absorbed energy has to be gotten rid of pretty quickly, which is probably what Satele then does right after by using the energy from Malgus' lightsaber to hammer him into the cliff.

It is unlikely that we fought the real Revan on the foundry.

He used the samething the Sith Emperor uses to make copies of himself.

Riiiiight :rolleyes:

Things get worse and worse with Revan fanboys. Just saying, it was the real Revan.

And we dont know if he is dead or not, maybe he will return.

Ever since I saw that cinematic "Hope" with her blocking a lightsaber with her hand I've wanted my character (sith warrior) to put her head on spit.

Corran Horn did it first. And Darth Vader blocked blaster bolts with his hands that one time.

Edited by Timepants

And Kieran Halcyon did it before either of them.

Actually, Kieran Halcyon was an ancient ancestor of Corran, whose name was borrowed for Corran's 'undercover' identity to be a student at Luke's Jedi Academy. The person you are thinking of is Corran's grandfather, Nejaa Halcyon, who absorbed the blade of a lightsaber stabbed through his heart by an Anzati Sith, and then used the power to kill the Sith.

Luke does mention that this power is very rare, and that his father had and used this ability, citing an example involving blaster fire and telekinesis that was in the movie. On the evening when Corran's ability is discovered at the Academy, after he channels the energy of a suddenly superheated volcanic pool the students were swimming in to lift another student clear of danger, and insulate himself, Luke warns that this rare and very powerful ability can quickly lead one to the dark side, and that it's better to let the power bleed off when absorbed.

I assume that is how Satele got the power to Mary-Sue Malgus through a mountain right after she had absorbed his blade, and the power he channeled through it, as it's very similar to what Corran is able to accomplish during his showdown with Shala the Hutt; however, Corran's use of the power was channeled to shield a city populous, whereas Satele's use of the power for quick and easy destruction points to the fact that she has strong grey tendencies, as an apprentice in the forecomics this is demonstrated as well, also with her son, and through ancestry (blood will tell). That said, I hope we get to kill the ***** too, or I want my Malgus back! (Even though Kilran is my all time favorite, I realize he is not as important to the plot)

Edited by Karaiblis

She falls into the god-mode style Mary Sue classification for the following reasons: DBZ style blasts of force energy, danced through a dozen sith like they were red-shirts, and (let's not forget) she blocked a lightsaber with her hand. Who does that? In my experience watching the movies... when hand meets lightsaber hand loses. The hand loses badly. This reeks of god-mode Mary Sue. I'm willing to listen to any points you might have to make, though.

I should also note that this is just my personal opinion. Don't think I'm trying to force it down your neck. I sometimes feel like I gotta point this out so nobody gets their frilly little pink panties in a knot reading my posts.

To be fair, Vader blocks blaster fire with his hand in Empire, even though most Jedi need a lightsaber to do that. So there is precedent for those strong in the Force to be able to control energy enough for that. I actually thought that was fairly cool for a one off cinematic / dramatic effect. Now if they said that she was basically immune to lightsabers all the time, I would agree that would be Mary Sue.

You could also say she was using telekinetic force and the lightsaber blade was actually just being held a few microns away from her skin. As long as they don't make her Neo she still follows the rules of a signature character over a Mary Sue.

Only if it's an epic cutscene when he shows up, in front of the Emperor and asks for those who will fight for the Empire to join him...

That way my Warrior can walk towards him and stand by his side against Vitiate.

Take notes Bioware!